Farbe An Anti-Terror Magical RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Amaranthe, #FF0080"]

The soldier took his backpack from the smiling blonde lady. "There you go, sweetie," she cooed. He nodded once in polite regard, then turned and threw it over one shoulder, wobbling off after 'daddy' Blue. The electrician was so tall and broad, he was the only one who could pull-off a parental cover, with some dated clothing, that is. Once there, Amaranthe slung the second strap over his other shoulder and leaned against the teenager like the tired boy he was, his head curled half into his own chest. His outer shoulder was used to prop Blue's arm around him in a fatherly way.

Before the bespectacled kid could say anything, the quarter-sized scrub spoke-up, knowing his earbud was already on, "It's bad enough we've arrived on the same plane and will all be heading to the same hotel. If the airport's being watched for agents, a ragtag group of misfit kids is going to look seriously suspicious, so our covers start now." He wiped his fist across his nose, eliciting a terrible sucking sound, that he used to turn off his mic, keeping the earbud on so he could listen to their commentary, obedient or complainant; it was important to know who was going to take this mission seriously and who would endanger it. He certainly didn't fall into the category of the latter, so he was prepared to work. Even as his eyelids drooped shut. Blue was a lot more comfortable than he'd given credit, and it was way past his bedtime.

His yawn was perfectly natural. Amaranthe justified that it made his persona much more authentic, gave him credibility that, if he were honest with himself, he wouldn't have under other circumstances. Being a child simply wasn't his strong point. Tomorrow would be a struggle, but there was always room for improvement, and this would measure his. He believed he could pull it off, as long as he didn't have a bunch more flight attendants telling him how "cute" they thought he was with his round cheeks and blonde hair - there was only so much attention a young boy could take, 8, 80, or otherwise! Even when he got grumpy they found him "adorable". Blegh, being a kid sucked. Why couldn't his power be something chameleon-like, or metamorphosis, to just disappear or appear older or something where he didn't have to deal with... with all the disrespect. He was a soldier, damnit. Sure, FARBE had to stay a secret, and he could live without the honor and glory or parades and statues of himself, but this. A shiver cuddled him further into Blue's side at the memory of the check-pinching.

When they got back to the hotel, the boy in the pink shirt would be asleep on his feet, barely accomplishing a zombie shuffle. If they gave him a bed of his own, shared it with him, tucked him on the couch, or let him drop to the floor, he really wouldn't have noticed or cared - kids need their sleep, man. He might wake up in a better or worse mood one way or the other, but an 8-year-old without sleep? One did not know the definition of grumpy. His eyes fluttered through dreams, sounds emitted like weak laughter, maybe whimpers, who could tell. By the time he woke up, Amaranthe couldn't. However, he always started with the usual routine: swim, shower, then breakfast. Would anyone question a child wandering the hotel by himself? Norms, probably, but the silver bracelet steadfast to wrist gave no other reason for mistrust with his team. In fact, he may have been back before any of them awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs - it was the most important meal of the day, wasn't it? Especially since he knew Yellow and Black had their work cut out for them - they had to keep up appearances all day at the restaurant as they actually kept-up menial tasks like the norms. Orange was the unfortunate one in his mind, having to sit in the back while her "cousin" checked in on her occasionally, but sitting around a bunch of other people expecting her to be the happy-go-lucky kid of her age. If anyone could pull it off, though, she would. They all needed their energy and protein to be sure this mission stayed solid for the entire day, since no one really knew what time the attack was supposed to happen.

"Morning, soldiers."

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Black couldn't let his own worried trouble him. There was still a job to be done. It was bad enough that half the team thought he was a risk. He didn't want to give them a chance to prove his point. Even though he was on a mission, black felt that his number one priority was to keep Orange safe. He knew that green and the others could take care of themselves, but he still worried. Orange was his life line, but it was more than that. He thought of her as a little sister and like a big brother black would put oranges safety before everything. At the time now he was happy sitting next to her at breakfast.

Orange didn't want to get off Black, but she could tell that he needed his own space at time and needed to talk to blue. Orange would sit around and wait for her Bracelet. Once her bags were checked and she was on the plane she would take her stuffed animal out of the bag and play with it.

When at the hotel she was out like a light and the last thing she could remember was Black bringing her to the bed. Once morning came she had all her energy and was her cheerful self. She would go around and hug her team mates. She reached Amaranthe and gave him a hug. He was the only other one close to her age on the team though he acted like a grown up. She gave him a peck on the cheek and smiled. "Morning Ama."

Amaranthe stepped down from his stool with the hot pan of bacon grease, taking it to the sink where he could safely dump the contents without adding more fat calories to anyone's plate. He turned right into Orange who attacked him at his core. The boy distributed her energy into himself, prepared to smash the enemy with scalding oil before realizing who it was. The girl seemed not to notice anything as she squeezed him, his mouth hanging open as it tried to formulate words while his brain came to screeching halt into reality, only to be thrown for another loop as she kissed his cheek which turned a shade darker than his namesake. "Morning, Ama!"

"Orange!" he cried, his pitch much higher than it should've been. "I- I could've- you could've gotten hurt!" Spinning abruptly, he pulled himself free of his teammate, holding the pan and tongs over their heads in brightly mitted hands. "That was reckless."

His grumble may not have been heard over the sizzling of the grease as he poured it into the ceramic bowl of water, a jagged pattern set to simmering across its calm surface as drops quickly cooled into a layer at the top, washing the pans contents into the same bowl. Returning to his stool, he clambered up and placed the skillet back over the propane stove, cracking an egg in each hand and opening them over the heat in synchronicity, one of the yokes breaking as it hit the teflon-coated metal. Orange could have that one, then. The eight-year-old continued adding proteins until the oven dinged at him, and he pulled out croissants he'd stolen from the breakfast bar in the lobby. They were coated in melted cheese of both swiss and cheddar varieties, and he quickly transferred slices of bacon to them before, eventually, flipping the eggs in as well. Breakfast was served!

The plates were lined-up along the counter, a couple with yoke dripping down their sides. Amaranthe pushed one at Black without comment, and the fully-cooked option toward Orange - even the bacon was more burnt on that particular sandwich. He grabbed his own and another, placing it on a table near where Red had slept, then flopped on the couch without regard to who may or may not have been laying there, taking a large bite from the meal and calling out in the middle of chewing, "There's a Turkey bacon croissant-wich for you, Yellow, with vegetable cheese and guac! I couldn't find an egg substitute," and took another helping before finishing the first. Boys will be boys; he could get used to this.

[/fieldbox]

Orange giggled a little at how Ama reacted to her actions. She remembered how black's would turn a shade similar when Green got to close. She often wondered what that was. She thought that must be what happens when boys and girls get to close, but blue never got like that with her. She just assumed that it only happens to some people.

When she saw that Amaranthe was done she went up to him. "Sorry Ama let me make it up to you. I'll give you two kisses this time." Orange got close before she held out her hand to him and in it were two Hershey kisses that she took from the front lobby desk. She gave him an adorable smile.

Reactions: redlemonaide
Green had, as per usual, stayed quiet for the majority of their debriefing. She'd boarded the plane silently with her belongings packed away neatly, and her green bracelet settled on her wrist; right where it belonged. Despite her obedient and trained silence, the 'soldier' with an admiration and magnificent understanding for all living things was quite uneasy, to say the least. Not because she got airsick, or because she felt like- while under the facilities close watch -she had to watch her every move or she'd be punished, or even because she had slight social anxiety and was being cooped up with people she didn't know for the ride.

Namely, this unease was caused by fear. Fear of screwing up(though this was highly unlikely to occur). Fear of being captured, like.. Like poor Grey; someone that even thinking about made Green's heart ache. Fear of having to go against her nature and kill. It ate away at her stomach, and she found herself thoroughly stressed. But, luckily, the girl was a master of concealing her feelings, and she simply buried her face in a book for most of the ride.

And, when they finally reached the hotel.. The ravenette settled down for the night, though, she wasn't graced with sleep. She almost fell asleep once or twice, but she quickly startled back awake, providing her vigilant watch over the other colors for the entire night.. Though, she managed to drift off about an hour before the group was supposed to wake up. Which, she did, startled awake by the movement of the other colors. To which, she yawned slightly, stretching tiredly.. Before reluctantly climbing to her feet, joining the others over breakfast, smiling and waving tiredly. "Morning, young ones.. You slept well, I hope?"​

Reactions: redlemonaide
Crimson had been reading his bible throughout the flight and it had a Crimson colored leather case with a gold cross on the front of it. The Irish agent couldn't sleep throughout the flight, so he settled in for a good read. He never carried a weapon due to his abilities and it would blow his cover as an innocent civilian when in the field. The ride to the hotel was not that interesting, but being the trained agent he was, he took in every detail just to see if he could spot any compromises in security and found none.

Upon getting to the hotel, crimson gave the person behind the desk an alias he used while on missions and got his room key and settled in for first watch with a Barrett .50 cal he summoned aimed out the windowfrom the back of the room, watching the night through a thermal scope for any signs of either their target or trouble. The massive rifle had a suppressor attached and a recoil reduction system in place, courtesy of FARBE, their handler had told crimson what to say and wrote it down for the lad so he would be able to keep watch at night.

Watch was uneventful and crimson let the weapon vanish before orange woke up and walked to where the rest of the team was "Why top o' the mornin' to you lads and lasses." he said as he walked in, his Irish roots showing through not only his hair color, but how he spoke to the others. He then dished up a waffle and some French toast along with a cup of coffee and sat with the others. "Have we figured out the plan and where everyone is going to be on this job?"

Last edited:
Blue just couldn't seem to figure out what was bugging him about this mission, he'd tried to figure it out on the plane, but eventually gave up when Amaranthe got cuddly. Ruffling the little kid's hair, he spoke softly, "Alright kiddo, you just get some sleep on the plane and I'll wake you up for breakfast. We'll see your aunt tomorrow afternoon," he said in a fatherly sort of way. He knew Amaranthe hated being treated like a kid, but the face he made when he knew there wasn't anything he could do about it was priceless. He was tempted to burn Farbe funds on the worthless skymall junk, but he knew the trouble he'd get in if he used the electric signature of the Farbe funding account for five-hundred of those stupid dog neck pillows. He'd learned how to mimic certain electromagnetic frequencies, and while he wasn't perfect at it, he was reasonably confident he could trick an e-reader into believing that his electromagnetic signal was the same as a credit-card's. He'd never actually tried it, so he wasn't sure, but he'd always wanted to give it a shot.

When they'd booked their room, Blue threw himself onto one of the beds, landing with an audible 'whumph' sound as he hit the sheets. He had a mission tomorrow, and he needed to get his sleep. Even now, he felt like an idiot for not being able to figure out what was bugging him. Drifting off into sleep, he had a vivid nightmare. At seventeen, he was almost as old as Farbe allowed you to get, he knew that, and the others knew that. Blue also knew that his fate wouldn't be something so simple as death, his power was just too economically valuable, the potential of free energy was worth billions, if not trillions of dollars. He knew he wouldn't be killed, he'd be taken, and probably taken apart piece by piece while he was still alive, and that was the good ending. If they couldn't crack the secret of his powers, he'd be hooked up to a generator and forced to work as a living dynamo until he died of old age. In his nightmare, he turned eighteen in the middle of a mission, and Farbe activated his wristband in the middle of a firefight, when his team had needed him. Rendered useless, his team died without his help, each one gunned down within moments of his death. He awoke suddenly in the middle of the night, covered in cold sweat and panting like he'd just run the training gauntlet back in the facility. In an attempt to calm himself down, he drained a couple volts of electricity from the lamp at his bedside, feeling the electricity flow through his blood like liquid power, then did his best to go back to sleep.

When he awoke, he took a shower before coming down to meet the others, "Morning you guys, you sleep well?" he asked, taking a seat at the table, "Seems like the business kid did. You know Ama, I feel like soldiers isn't the right term exactly, remember those air-force guys during that mission in Afghanistan? I'm pretty sure they were soldiers, with uniforms and stuff. We're more like the CIA than we them. Though I will say, they were not as good as I'd expected," Blue said, taking a seat. He remembered the scuffle that ensued over jurisdiction issues with the CIA about a year or two ago. Things got heated, and when the CIA leveled guns at some of the younger members of the group, Blue and Black hadn't taken it very well, and the whole situation devolved into a shootout, with one side having superpowers. It didn't go well for the men in suits, "Anyway, is anyone else bothered by this mission? I can't quite put my finger on just what's bugging me, I feel like I'm trapped in a rut," he said. As soon as the word left his mouth however, it hit him like an express train. Trapped. It's a trap, we're being baited! He cursed loudly, slamming one fist on the table and causing the whole thing to shake. There wasn't any permanent damage, but it was fairly sudden and definitely scary to see such a big person act that way...or it would be, if Blue didn't have such a comedic reputation, "It's a trap. That's why we don't know anything about what we're getting into, the only thing we know is bait," the electric agent was angry, but only with himself for not figuring it out sooner, when there had been time to re-plan. "Everybody on your toes, I'll see what I can do about getting some real gear placed in there," he said.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Black looked to green and sighed. He walked to her and gave her a grin. "Come on green you can't keep watch of everyone every time there is a mission. You won't be at your best. I bet they have cameras watching us every where. Besides those lovely eyes should never look weary." Black gave green a grin. He was only ever play full with Green, Orange and Blue.

He saw that Orange was playing with Amaranthe so he decided to up to blue. One of the only other people he could trust. They were both put into the program at around the same time. Blue was his brother and like any brother he could tell that he was troubled. Most of them were around the age of adulthood and Black was weary of what may happen to them. "Hey big boy blue. I'm sure we will all keep on our toes. We always do with this stuff, but look at our little roster. Most of us on our own would be impressive, but together we can do anything. Remember all the tight spots we got into when the overlords were dumb enough to pair us together."

Staring into the palm of his hand, Amaranthe's eyes widened, mouth dropping open. Candy. She gave him candy. He looked up to the small girl, astonishment as clear on his face as ever. Glancing back down, he unwrapped the things with gentle reverence, the aluminum remaining unblemished, flattening out the creases, even, slipping the tag out from underneath the chocolates. "Thanks," he whispered.

Abruptly turning, he picked up the large chef's knife, and without ceremony, stabbed the kisses.

He continued chopping the sweets. The small pieces and curls were quickly swept up into his hand and sprinkled across the doughy side of a pancake the boy had spread across the circular bottom of a pan on the stovetop. He flipped it and gave it a good 30-second count before sliding it onto his plate, empty the sandwhich he'd made before. Amaranthe was making a veritable feast for his team. Now there stood a tower of waffles, pancakes, frenchtoast, some sausage links, and one more chocolate chunk pancake for himself, all in time for the others to start waking up.

Green made her way over with a stretching yawn. "Morning, young ones. You slept well, I hope?"

"Seems like the business kid did," a shirtless Blue pointed out from the hallway, toweling himself off; he had clearly just taken a shower. "You know Ama, I feel like soldiers isn't the right term exactly, remember those air-force guys during that mission in Afghanistan? I'm pretty sure they were soldiers, with uniforms and stuff. We're more like the CIA than we them, though, I will say, they were not as good as I'd expected."

Amaranthe smirked with a slow nod, deciding that it wasn't a wholly unfair comparison. "We're also not tied to the US government." His Finnish accent was usually non-existent, having been raised in the compound with the other children and the scientists - that much diversity gave them all significantly American-sounding accents when speaking English, but any other languages they knew usually sounded just as natural. One of the Finnish agents had taken a shining to him from the start, so he knew it well, and made sure to use the inflection now to emphasize his point.

"[BCOLOR=#800000]Why top o' the mornin' to you lads and lasses![/BCOLOR]"

Apparently he wasn't the only one who felt that way. The loud-mouthed redhead finally decided to join them, though he'd been awake for some time, playing with his toys, reading his bible. Amaranthe wasnt particularly religious himself, and he didn't look down on it; in fact, he'd seen far too many times throughout history what faith could do for a group with motivation, and he thought it could even be encouraged, almost something he wished had been done for him, but it would be too easy to mix loyalties. His was to his team, to keeping the world safe. The very same groups he had to save the world from likely had those same gods to look for their motivation. That was exactly the mixed message he intended to avoid. So, with the heavily Christian-influenced Irish member making his way to the table, the boy gave his attention to the pans as he settled them in the sink, filling them with soapy water to soak, the sound of stools shifting around behind him.

Crimson poured himself cup of coffee, asking the group, "[BCOLOR=#800000]Have we figured out the plan and where everyone is going to be on this job?[/BCOLOR]"

"Is anyone else bothered by this mission?" Blue responded. "I can't quite put my finger on just what's bugging me, I feel like I'm trapped in a rut." As soon as the words left the nerds mouth, his eyes began to widen like he was watching a train heading straight for him. The thought must've hit him, cause he immediately stood up with a slam of his fist to the counter. "It's a trap!" he shouted angrily. "That's why we don't know anything about what we're getting into, the only thing we know is bait. Everybody on your toes, I'll see what I can do about getting some real gear placed in there."

A couple of people appeared to have left the table, one of them returning beside the panicking soldier. Black put his hand on one broad shoulder, "[BCOLOR=#000000]Hey? Big Boy Blue. I'm sure we will all keep on our toes. We always do with this stuff, but look at our little roster. Most of us on our own would be impressive, but together we can do anything. Remember all the tight spots we got into when the overlords were dumb enough to pair us together.[/BCOLOR]"

The young boy's lips were pursed tight as he ate the sweet breakfast, thinking over Big Boy's words, though without the paranoia biasing the information. He was right, that such little information about the mission being available was strange. Even Amaranthe had thought so. When he asked the administrators, they simply told him that trust went both ways, and he was given all the information needed to get the job done. That was enough for him. He didn't believe they were being set-up for a trap - the organization couldn't stand to lose their investments, if nothing else. However, chances may have been they wanted the team going in thinking it a possibility. Alone, that told him much more than some of the most thorough debriefs they'd received in previous missions; less was more in his mind, and this case needed it, for whatever reason. He could respect that. Getting the others to agree might be a little more difficult a feat, however.

He returned his plate to the sink and himself to the conversation. "Crim's right, we gotta get prepared, and we've only got an hour before the kids have to get to work. That includes being prepared in case Blue's right. We don't know much, so we assume anything could happen, which is why we're going to be posted every where at all times and on guard. Colors: report your objectives and positions. Red, you start."

[/fieldbox]

Green smiled faintly at Crimson, Blue, and Black as they filtered into the room, offering a small wave. Though, her soft-spoken and submissive nature made her refrain from asking much more than she already had. Blue did toss a bit of an answer to her question though, and she did manage a slight trace of a laugh. "Well, I'd hope he wasn't the only one," she mused, quietly. She hadn't failed to notice the rather adorable exchange between Orange and Amaranth, and it brought a small smile to her features.

Of course, when Black approached her after, she did manage another small smile. "You worry too much, Black. I'm fine," she assured him, gently. Although, his next words made his expression turn sheepish, and she found herself unable to look him in the eyes. Judging by the crimson blush creeping onto her porcelain skin, this was out of embarrassment. "Oh, stop it. My eyes aren't lovely," she muttered, embarrassed. "Flattery won't get you anywhere," she added, though this was partially jokingly.

Crimson's question didn't get a response from Green.. Or, at least, not anything more than a small nod of confirmation. She was a little shy to speak up, so she just resumed idly twiddling her thumbs, hands settled neatly in her lap.

About then, Blue began giving insight, asking if any of the other colors were bothered by the mission. Green seemed to mull this over, eyebrows furrowing in thought. She had to agree; something was off about this. They hardly had any information on the mission, and what they did was too vague. Despite her not speaking up about her agreement, her expression spoke her opinion loud and clear. As Blue went on to claim that this was a trap, Green's eyes widened slightly. Could it be true? Were they being baited into a trap? If so, they needed to put together a new plan.. And fast. They didn't exactly have long, and Green highly doubted Farbe would pull them out just because they had a few suspicions.

Silently, Green's bright green eyes flickered over to Amaranth, and she listened to him as he spoke before nodding her agreement. Yeah.. She really didn't talk much.​

White

They were flown to the hotel after they had all received their tracker and Minami had excitedly gotten to her room. Her excitement had kept her up a while, but eventually she had curled up in the soft bed and fell asleep.

---

The morning came swiftly and Minami woke up, getting up and taking a shower. A quick sketch was made in her notebook and a feline appeared by her side for company. She giggled and pet the black feline before getting dressed and heading downstairs.
'Goodmorning!' she exclaimed cheerfully as she entered the hall and sat down. She took some food and began eating.
kowlin_minus_armor_sketch_by_shaddyk-d3b8btg.jpg
Her feline companion.

"Aye, I don't like the lack of information. But if it is a trap, who's it for since we're the bait?" crimson asked. "I could be on overwatch and use an anti-material rifle. But I'll need to be guided telepathically by purple. I don't exactly trust the com gear the organization provided. Someone could patch into the signal and know what we're up to."

Crimson took a sip of his coffee and was about to say something else, but white came in and greeted the others with a warm good morning. "Top o'the morning, white. Sleep well?" he said as he started eating.

"Still, we're walking headfirst into a trap, for all we know, the second we open that door, there'll be a damn tank outside," he complained. He was angry at himself for not having seen it sooner, it was so obvious now, in hindsight. Regardless, sitting here and kicking himself wasn't going to do them any good. He knew they couldn't change the mission now, they'd still have to go in, but he was sure there was a way to turn this situation around. He needed to think, to focus. Already, they were in two groups, one heading inside and one monitoring the outside, which meant that one group was unlikely to be caught in whatever killed the other. Still, that wasn't good enough. Nowhere near good enough. The way he saw it, he had maybe a dozen missions left before Farbe took him out of the equation and used him as a generator to provide free energy to the world. He was determined to make sure nothing would happen to his team during that time, knowing that if something did he'd never be able to forgive himself. Putting his head in his hands and forcing her brain to work. He'd glimpsed the interior structure of the hotel only briefly. What he wouldn't give to trade powers with Yellow right now...Still, his memory was good enough. He knew where the most advantageous shooting area was. The second floor had an open balcony looking down to the first. If there were enemy combatants in the building, that's where they'd be, looking down over the railing to the first floor. Luckily, most of the internal team would be coming in through the back entrance, so there'd be a little bit of space where one could hide in the crowd from the shooters. Unless they'd put hostiles in the crowd as well...Damnit, there's no time now. I'd suggest we come in an hour later than we were ordered, make any hostiles inside sloppy from boredom, but the director doesn't exactly go for disobedience. "I'm sorry you guys, I'm not mad at any of you. I'm just getting paranoid in my old age, I suppose," he said, only half joking. 17 was pretty old for a Farbe agent.

Yellow

Yellow sighed, she'd slept terribly the night before. The simple fact that they had a mission made her too excited. Terrified? No, excited. She bit her lip as she looked in the bathroom mirror. She looked at herself, and was unimpressed. Without makeup, her eyes were baggy and small. She was too pale, and she looked at her breasts in disappointment. Her small frame and fitness kept them at a very barely B sized cup. She did her makeup, covering her baggy eyes and making her small lips pop just a little more. After that she got dressed in her mission clothes and packed her stuff before heading downstairs with her camera in hand.

One positive, the thought as she headed to breakfast, was the simple fact that she had gotten some great pictures of the sky. Even one picture of a bird! With that thought in mind, she was her usual peppy self when she arrived at breakfast. She instantly sat next to White, blushing for a moment when she looked a little too long at Blue. She started eating instantly and listened to the conversation for a moment before interjecting.

"Oh Blue, you're not that old," Yellow said. "You're not even a full year older than me!" She gulped down some eggs before continuing, "Oh wait, let me get a picture before the mission!" She took out her camera and snapped a picture of everyone before anyone could say anything. It was far from posed, with many of the people pictures chewing or yawning. Still, when she looked at the picture she paused to smile before sitting down and continuing her breakfast.

[BCOLOR=#000000]Grey[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Fear, fear was one of the working terrorists biggest assets. He was thinking about this as he scaled the side of the highest building near the space needle. On his back was a silenced Cheyenne Tactical Intervention rifle, and a small tactical pack undernearth it. The rifle was chambered with .408 rounds, the specification of which could be used for anti-personnel or anti-material. He didnt know who FARBE was sending, or if they'd have the full cavalry waiting. But he couldnt think too much of it. As he reached the roof he wrapped his gloved hand over the ledge and hung for a moment. He pulled himself up and threw his legs up. He landed softly and walked to the edge of the roof. He undid the strap around his chest and slung the rifle in front of him. He grabbed it by the stock and flipped out the bipod. He set it up on the edge of the rooftop and reached into his tac-pack to pull out the tarp. He laid it out so that he could rest on it and it would catch any shells. He grabbed his radio, it was small enough that he could clip it to his belt. It picked up on all frequencies and he could easily find the old FARBe frequency. He put the rubber earpiece in his ear and played with the dial to scan frequencies. He found police chatter pretty quickly, they were discussing the missing guard but they werent too worried about it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Sucks for Chuck, people are looking awful hard for you. Too bad they dont check dumpsters till the third day." Nikolai said with a smile as he got into the prone position on the edge of the roof. Looking down the scope he focused it quickly, he counted a few regular security, and then another few cops. Lot of out of towners taking pictures. He looked up the struts and found the bombs he'd placed, one shot now and he'd reduce the needle to rubble. But he couldnt yet, he had to see the new team. He had to know what his old friends were up to. [/BCOLOR]

The clock struck eight. It was time for them to cut the chatting and head into the field.

"What are they doing in the hotel still? It's not a vacation; it's a job!" The scientist complained. He tapped into the ear pieces they were given. "MOVE! NOW! It's go time." The scientists said urging them to go

"...And so I said, isn't that what arms are for?" Blue finished, laying down the punchline for a fantastic joke. He stood up from his seat with a sigh, "We should probably get going, if we don't want the white-coats to firebomb the entire building," he said. He'd changed a few moments ago, looking like the single most touristy person ever to step foot in the city. With cargo shorts, a Hawaiian t-shirt. He had a navy blue baseball cap with the word "Mariners" on it in silver. Blue had no idea what that was supposed to mean. He patted himself down, feeling for the various pieces of equipment he'd hidden in the various pockets of his disguise. Farbe had a lot of impressive tools, from communicators to toxins, to the small pistol tucked into his waistband, capable of firing both lethal and nonlethal ammunition. Of course, their most impressive tools were the superpowered agents of Farbe, people who could toss fire and lightning, or control the very fundamental forces of the universe: Gravity, Electromagnetism, and the Nuclear forces. There'd been a kid, a few generations of Farbe back, with the power to control and generate nuclear radiation. He'd been a Red, if Blue remembered correctly. Of course, Blue had never met the man, though he'd heard stories. "You guys remember the plan, right? Green, we're together. I'll be monitoring the electronic activity within the building while Red, Orange, and Black monitor the employee areas from inside the building. White and Purple are playing tourist on the inside, hiding amongst the crowd while Yellow sticks around the entrance as a greeter, memorizing faces." Blue said, refreshing the group on their roles. He straightened his cap, before checking his pockets once more and heading to his destination.

• Love
"Oi! What about me, Blue? Am I supposed to sit back and do nothing? I'm here same as everyone else. Guess the higher ups forgot my assignment at the meeting. Oh wait, they never told me about it. Nobody told me about a mission until it was time to go." Crimson said with a bit of irritation in his voice. The young Irishman didn't like it when they forgot to give him his assignment before a mission. Then he heard one of the scientists snapping at them to get to work. "Hey, doc, I think you forgot to tell me about the briefing let alone what I will be doing on this job. Same as usual? Overwatch? High caliber sniper rifle with my ever so favorite high explosive armor piercing rounds and a thermal scope or something a bit bigger than a sniper rifle? Also, why are we getting deployed with so little, and in some cases no, solid information on the target?" the weapons specialist asked over the communications gear. "Not to mention that I don't like how this covert radio works. Too easy for someone to listen in if they get the signal. I highly recommend that you change how we communicate with each other from this gear to purple helping relay messages telepathically. The opp will be more secure with purple running communications than the radios will."

Crimson took a sip of his coffee and started eating his food again before going for seconds. But he couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with this job. Something ominous was hanging over the team and he felt like there was a trap being set for the team to counter their trap for the target, who he had no idea who let alone what the target was capable of. He was walking into this job cold and it was something he hated with a passion. "Better get some whiskey after this is over." the lad muttered under his breath. He knew that the drink wasn't going to be given to him, especially with his powers. They didn't want to replace him just yet.

Reactions: Eon
"Sorry Crimson, I forgot you existed. I tend to think of you as being a sort of projection of Red," he teased, gesturing towards the ginger girl. "Seriously, isn't crimson just a shade of red? These lab coats are crap at colors," he said, ensuring that his radio was on so the scientists could hear his insult. "Anyway, I've brought up the same thing a thousand times, the reason we're not using Purple is because she can't be monitored be anyone, and that includes the white-coats who seem to have an interest in keeping an eye, or ear as the case may be, on us. Apparently, even our mission is secondary to having people stare at us," he explained, "I guess they don't have anything better to do," he added as the team made their way to their positions. He'd probably get in trouble for trash-talking the scientists, but it was really his only way to get back at them for years of imprisonment and dangerous working conditions.

As they arrived, Blue briefly shut his eyes and removed his glasses as he changed his sight so that he could see the electrical pulses that would flow through all the matter in the world like a great and mighty river. He could see the tiny differences between various people, and could make out his friends with ease. While he couldn't things like color, he could see their body shapes, and people in possession of mystic powers tended to produce much more bioelectricity than normal people. "Alright, let's get this done. The air here has so much water in it it's messing with my electric sight. No wonder everyone hates the weather here...Also, all the locals like a hipster, and it's making me uncomfortable. It's not even hipster to be a hipster in this city. What's even the point then?"

Reactions: Minarawr
Status
Not open for further replies.