Faraway Castle

Sion stood by Krista's side, as always. He always seemed to be there. Then again, it was his duty as her personal guard. But he enjoyed it. He'd never tell anyone but he really enjoyed her art. And he was pretty picky about it. He remained silent, knowing his place and not wanting to get involved. He looks at Krista. He whispers only loud enough for her to hear, "I agree with his notion my lady. He is a good man and true to himself and others. He'd make an excellent Mage Knight."

"With great truth my queen, I believe he is capable of much more than that. If not king himself he should be an adviser at the very least. He has much experience with the outside world and very easy when it comes to words. If it pleases your majesty, I would suggest you don't disgrace him with such a petty position." Cadmar said with confidence. He wasn't sure how the queen would respond but she normally thought the same way he did, and if she wasn't already thinking what he had spoken then what he said would be more worth while in the very least.

Quite surprised to hear her mentor speak so Highly of someone Blaise looks at the boy. Roland did have the skills, and the talent and if she must say so some looks but she didnt see what Cadmar saw. Though it was true most times they didnt exactly see eye to eye she tried her best to see it his way with the best reasoning as always. Though she couldnt help but give the three, Roland, Cadmar and the Queen, Very confused looks.

He had passed. "Well said. Is it any wonder why I keep you so close?" She looked back over to her son. "This is a matter I will discuss with you later. But keep this is mind; I hold you in high hopes, you could have many positions. Which do you think you deserve?" This was interesting of her son to bring up, and something not to be ignored. Roland's boldness was what brought this matter in sight, she hoped he would keep it up.
"But for now I don't want to keep my other children waiting, they seem terribly bored with me,"Lady shook her head and sighed. "I only wanted to bring you all here to inform that I will soon be choosing my successor. Keep this in mind." She paused, knowing that her bluntness should bring the issue to the surface. "But now we must dine," she turned her cold gaze to Noah. "I am sure you have something already planed for us today." Lady was sure not to forget her guest before she dismissed the meeting. "And please welcome our honored guests; Lady Raven from the kingdom of Roses and Lord Eache from the kingdom of Hylia!" The queen signaled the two to come forth and take a bow. "You are now dismissed. I trust that Noah will inform us when dinner is done?" that was more an order than anything. "Roland and Cadmar, I ask you two to ramaine." And with a wave of her hand the masses were dismissed to to as they will. That is till the dinner bell rang, then they would meet again in the dinning hall.

Looks at Cadmar with a look of question. Turning to see the others leave she walks out. Keeping her hood pulled low on her head to cover her ears she walks out into the hall and backs into the shadow to keep watch for the moment.

Evairy looked at her mother with a calm stare on her face. Evairy sniffed a little as she felt a familiar twinge. She stood quiet as to observe the people around her. She smiled as she waited for a nice turn to talk. Evairy was really not the one to talk, especially at times like now in where others talked. At times, Evairy felt her competitive spirit going about within the last couple of moments while Roland stood. Seeing that it was quiet, Evairy pulled down her blue and purple dress. She walked slowly to the middle of the room with her eyes on the queen. She cleared her throat, and she began: "Dear mother, I pray thee; my allergies do not make much of a difference whatsoever. I thank thee for thy words of kindness." She smiled as she continued on.

Since Evairy was not much of a lucky duck, she didn't finish her words of thought without three sneezes. "My allergies can be a sore to figment, mother. I apologize for earlier attitude." She continued on as she pranced to a seat.

Cadmar turned to Blaise and said "I would like you to check and see why Noah is so nervous. It happens often but I would rather be safe than sorry." He knew Blaise would understand he meant make sure Noah isn't keeping something from them that could upturn the security of the kingdom. "... and post two guards at C escape." He mentioned as if an after thought as he watched her exit. He was sure Noah wasn't hiding anything but he knew the day the queen made the announcement she would be picking a successor would lead to a more dangerous time for her. The guards however were just a distraction if their should be an infiltrator in the ranks. He already had his second most trusted guard watching over the secret escape that only a select few people knew about. As the children, guest, and staff left he sheathed his sword and turned to face the queen angling himself so all entrances could be seen.

"Yes my queen. I have everything planned out and dinner will be served in less then an hour." Noah said just before he rushed out to the kitchen. He writes down all the ingredients he needed and gave it to one assistant then drew out a 'table map' showing where everything should be located and what decorations should be needed. He had an assistance heat up the stove and another grab more wood to keep the heat going. Several of his assistance's were already running into the dining hall to create one of his best arrangements yet and the rest were grabbing wood, ingredients, or cooking utensils.

Notices 2 guards, "You two! here, now!" I order. They approach in a hurry and salute, "at ease, I want you to go guard the C escape, NOW!" I shout as the hurry off in the right direction. Out of the corner of my eye I see Noah leaving in hurry I flick an ear in his direction under my hood and listen. Slipping through the shadows I follow him, not making my presence known until we are alone I clear my throat. "Noah... may I speak with you please? It will only be a second." I say in the most calm but demanding voice I can muster, making it known he has no choice but to come and talk.

Damila waited for her sisters and brothers to leave. Once they had left he bowed and then walked slowly out the door. She went out into the garden and practiced alone with her swords. They were like her best friends, they would never leave her side and help her when ever she needed them. She wished one of her sisters or brothers would fight with her, she liked fighting with them. Damila didn't want to really hurt them, just play with them. She waved around her swords as she watched her siblings pass by the garden and go to their "special" places. She didn't worry about her outburst of speaking, she was mannerfull in doing it, so why sould it matter rather it was right timed or not?
Even so, Damila would never care for such a thing as right-timed speaking.

Noah looks nervously at the dish he was preparing. "Uhmm... Please let me put this in the oven and give instructions to my assistant. I don't have much time before dinner must be served." He said as he rushed to put it in the oven. He said something to his assistant who was on the far side of the kitchen but Blaise could not make it out thanks to the roar of the fire in the wood stove. Noah hurried back taking off his apron and draping it over an unused counter. "What was it you needed to see me about?" he said without looking her in the eyes. He was too intimidated by her to do that.

Looks down on him kindly, "youre nervous.... why?.. Is there something wrong I should know about? I-" stops and laughs to herself, "I'm all ears dont you worry." Lifts up his chin to look at him trying to make eye contact to see if she could tell what was wrong.

"Uhm-uh--umm.." He said while still trying to avoid her eye contact. "I--umm... Don't have allot of time to prepare the food and... um... I don't want to let the queen down is..al-all." He was a bad lier. One of the reasons why his word was so trusted among most of the kingdom. Blaise could easily tell that was not the whole truth. He tried to shake her hand off his chin so he could look down again. He really didn't like looking in certain peoples eyes, the main people were Cadmar and Blaise.

Her tone changes completly as she tries to sooth him, trying to get what she needed for the others protection out of him. "Noah... You are a wonderful cook and I know you have never let the Queen down before right? We trust you here, please tell me what is wrong. I can tell easily when someone is lying, with you it is harder but I know you are not telling me everything." Looks at him with a gentle smile still trying to catch his eyes. " I simply want to protect you,and the guests, and the prince's and princesses and of course the Queen.... Wont you tell me what is wrong?"

"Umm... its nothing to do with the safety of others..." he said finally managing to look down again. "Its just... umm... it doesn't mater." He said quickly hoping she would let him alone. She could tell he was telling the truth when he said it had nothing to do with the safety of others, but when he said it didn't mater it clearly mattered to him. He stood uncomfortably in front of Blaise half hoping she would find that response satisfactory but he highly doubted that. She was set here to find out what was wrong, he was sure of it, and that was exactly what she was going to do.

"Noah please dont make me get harsh, please. If it has gotten you upset then it must matter to someone or someones even. You do not know Noah your choice could mean life or death for someone else now or later." lets him look down but keeps her gaze on him and sets a hand upon his shoulder, "please tell me, it matters now."

"I know it has nothing to do with someone else. It is only me it effects... I fear for my job." He said without stutter, something had come over him when she said it could mean life or death. It wasn't exactly anger... he didn't know what it was but he didn't like it. It gave him to much confidence when talking to someone who could strike him down with a single swipe of her sword. He still looked nervous on the outside however but he was telling her the full truth now.

"your Job? Noah I dont think the queen could find a better cook! She loves your cooking and trusts you to do well, you surprise her and you practically sustain her in a way" Laughs then looks at him again, "But why do you fear for your job Noah? Please tell me what is eating at you that has you so worked up."

Noah replied quietly, almost inaudible "Well, you already know how I got hear and of the queen generosity to me, but... well I don't know what the children think of me... I had my life goal set on serving the queen and if she steps down then... what am I to do? I figured I had to impress each of the children with their favorite foods set together so they worked perfectly with everything else and... umm..." He was debating whether to tell her he was a few hands short to completing another perfect meal but decided she wouldn't care. One of his assistance ran up and said "You only have five minutes before you have to start cooking the main dish!" Noah turned to Blaise still without looking her in the eyes "Please excuse me!" He said hurriedly then grabbed his apron and runs over to a counter to prepare a large bird of some sort. It was a secret recipe of his own creation and he would never tell anyone what type of bird it was, not even the assistant that had to retrieve it.

Calls to him as he leaves, "I will put in a good word... I would hate to see you leave." Her hood starts to fall back quickly pulling it upright she starts back as to give her report. should he really worry about such things? he is after all an amazing chef, I really would hate to see him go. Regaining her air of importance and menecing-ness she makes her way back.

As she followed Sion up to her room she answered, "And I do not disagree with you one bit, Sion. I think he deserves the spot, and I will second that notion if it ever comes to that. And I respect how courageous he was to be able to do that in the middle of a meeting like that. Makes me wonder....," she says as she climbed the stairs, keeping the hem of her blue silk dress in hand. Maybe the spot of the Throne shouldn't be out of question for her half-brother. He would be very excellent at it, she had to admit, and he had way more experience in the real world that she feels she will ever have in her life. She let the meeting leave her mind. It was done, and now she could go and do what she really loved.

The closer she got to her room, the quicker she began to climb. It was as if her art supplies were calling to her. Or maybe it was one of her magical books? They tend to do that sometimes. Which reminded her....

"Sion, which one of my siblings do you think should be my next target?" she asked with a childish grin on her face as she opened the french doors of her room. She walked straight to her easel and immediately started to paint. No apron or anything to protect her dress. She had spells that did that for her. "Tuitio!" she whispered with urgency, and felt the power of an invisible shield just covered her head to toe like a cocoon. She always loved the feeling it gave her, it was never easy to explain it. Almost forgetting about her own question, she turned her attentions to Sion and waited for an answer.

"And don't try and talk me out of it like last time. I think you learned your lesson from the last time you tried," she said as she started to laugh. She couldn't remember the last time she laughed so hard. Was it when his fingers were frozen to the handle of his sword? Or the way that he blushed, embarrassed by the looks that he was receiving. Who knows! All she knew is that it was great prank, in her opinion, that she pulled on him. And she didn't care how people thought it was a childish, the way the eldest princess acted.