Fantasy Kingdom (A Fantasy Journey RPG based on Dokapon Kingdom and Fantasy Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I adored Fantasy Life. I'd still play it but I lost it... In any case, I am so in.

Ok. Time to hopefully finish this today or tomorrow.

Sorry that its been taking me so long folks, hopefully not too much interest has been lost.

Cool, lots of interest.

So, is this thing still open as far as interest notifications goes?

I guess, although I will be giving those who signed up for interest first priority, but yea. It'll be open for interest until I actually put up the OOC.

YAY! I am looking forward to this so much! :D

I actually just got back from Texas not long ago for 3 weeks where 3 of my friends played through Dokapon Kingdom Story Mode (Best and only mode needed) I managed to master female robo night and my friend managed to get female hero. Both of which have awesome designs. (Robos get wings :3) We played all 3 weeks and finished 3 days before I had to go home. :P

I've also been pretty busy lately but I'm still REALLY interested in this! I can't wait to get this running x3

I actually have a character that I've been developing for a story I've been working on that would be perfect for this. This is a perfect setting for her so that's why I'm so excited! Also, I commissioned a picture of her as well so I'm extra pumped to see that finished and hopefully use it for the OOC..

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: a touch of dread
Looking really good so far! :confetti:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi and PandaChu
So this is a new idea I have had for an RP after playing Fantasy Life while watching the TRG's lets play of Dokapon Kingdom. I love both of these games and thought an RP incorporating mechanics, concepts, and characters from both to create something new would be interesting.

Story Basics

For the story of this RP, I plan on having it be somewhat with how Fantasy Life did its story. An overarching plot, or probably overarching plots, that are connected by various events that will happen on your characters' journeys. Whether or not they encounter these events and go along with this story or forge their own is up to you though. So essentially it will be more 'sandbox' in a sense. You can do anything you'd like on your quest. For those who have played both games, I plan on having the events of these games take place about a hundred years after their respective stories, so you need not know about either game's story.

This will be a more lighthearted story, so if you are looking for something super serious, dark, or gritty this may not necessarily be for you. Of course, while this RP will be pretty lighthearted that doesn't mean that there won't be any serious story or themes.

All Roads lead to an adventure, so the question is not which road you'll take, but what your adventure will be.

The World

Now that the basics of how the story will work are out of the way, onto the world. This story will take place in the fantasy world of Reveria, a world full of magic, monsters, and ancient secrets. The world has four kingdoms and two regions, the two of them separated by a sea. For the longest time, neither region of the world knew about the other. Until one day, the raging sea that separated them that no one dared to cross seemed to calm itself, allowing the two to eventually discover one another.

The region to the west is known as Fantasia (essentially the 'continent' the kingdoms of Fantasy Life will be on for this RP, the actual world itself is called Reveria in Fantasy Life, no other continents known). It is home to three Kingdoms. Al Maajik, Castele, and Port Puerto. These three kingdoms are at peace with one another, with the acception of Al Maajik and Castle. King Erik of Castele and the former Dark Sultan of Al Maajik still tend to play pranks on one another every now and again.

The vast kingdom of Dokapon has seven continents, making it much larger than Fantasia to the east. Unfortunately due to the vastness of the Dokapon Kingdom, often times a good amount of its lands are not fully explored and monsters find ways to besiege towns. Still, there are always plenty of adventurers willing to free the towns from the monsters that sometimes act up, although after the defeat of the demon lord the monsters have rarely attacked any towns. That doesn't mean the roads aren't dangerous though.

Gameplay

So here is how gameplay will work. This will have a Game System that will be a bit more reminiscent of both games. It will be pretty straight forward and will be more for better determining your character's abilities and resolving challenges like combat. If you are anything like me, you dislike losing and you dislike setting yourself up to lose. I believe adding a game system takes out the need for setting up what happens and allows for a bit more suspense since the results of things like combat and other various actions will be resolved by dice rolls.

Of course, your roleplaying will be the a good determining factor in some scenarios, providing bonuses and the like if you detail how you are going to act. Strategy is good as well. Determining how to play out each of your actions in a fight to try and win without taking much damage and knowing how to employ what abilities and items you possess.

Right now I am still working on the Game System, it is somewhat done, but once it is finished I will put it on here (or in the OOC if that is made by then). The concept of Lives (or Jobs are they are called in Dokapon) will be implemented.

I am planning for about 4 - 6 players, but it may be possible for more.

Writing will be Casual/Intermediate to Adept.​
If this is still taking on more people, I would love to join.

Sure, still working on it though. I have been busy and somewhat under the weather lately, so its been rather slow, but I am almost done I hope.

Sorry that its been taking so long folks T_T

• Love
Reactions: UnsafeSpaces
I'm still here and interested btw, but I will be going on vacation soon fyi.

It's okay! Take your time c:
I hope you feel better soon though!

Sure, still working on it though. I have been busy and somewhat under the weather lately, so its been rather slow, but I am almost done I hope.

Sorry that its been taking so long folks T_T
Don't worry about it! We can wait since this looks like it's going to be a really fun RP. :D

• Love
Umm...

About 6 actually (I don't think I could handle more than 6 since I would need to keep up with game mechanics and such). There are probably alot more people than that now though XD

The highest I could go is 8.

In truth, I have no idea how many people are still here. If it comes down to it, I could just make two separate IC and OOC threads and thus run two separate games at once if I actually have that many people who are really, really interested.

I was not counting on so many people showing interest with how slow things were at first (cause when I first made it, I only had one or two people showing interest in the first couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.