Fantasy High School (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
img.php

Wearing: Uniform
Interacting: Sayuri @Verite, Katsurou @DeadAxl
#ff83fa

Parisa still narrowed her eyes at the oni, not ready to trust him. However, if Sayuri felt safe, then she figured she could at least let her guard down a bit. She smiled to Sayuri. "Indeed. I would hope we could be friends." She said, purposefully not including the large man in her statement. She had met another like him, and had gotten into a deep relationship with another like him. After the initial betrayal, she tended to stay away from those like him.

Still not liking the idea of the girl by herself, she nodded. "A walk around town would be lovely. I'd like to see If I can find a place with good ingredients. Perhaps someday I can cook for you Sayuri, and any other friends we make on the way." She smiled warmly, casting a glance towards Katsurou. He'd likely invite himself along, especially if he and Sayuri became friends. However, she could tolerate his presence. She was a patient woman.

However, her attention was diverted when she heard something fall, and turned to see a girl on the ground. Not panicking, she smoothly made her way over to the girl, and sat with her. "Beautiful day, no?" She asked, trying to make friendly conversation to divert the girl's attention from her panic attack. "You have lovely hair. My name is Paris. Do you need anything?" She looked around the place. "Would you like to go somewhere quiet?" She was pretty knowledgeable about helping those in a panic attack. Her sister had them sometimes, and she knew how to keep her calm if she had to. She hoped it would work the same with this girl. Make small talk and ask simple questions.

Interacting: Raven @Cry.EXE
#B22222

"Yes, I tend to pride myself on recognizing demons quickly. Some are easier to spot..." He shot a quick look at the Oni at the other side of the room. "While others, such as yourself, are a bit more difficult." Sable turned to her, sitting on the seat next to her. "I am one of hatred. Not naturally from hell, I was created on earth." He folded his arms. "I'll still return, though." He added with a small shrug. He looked over at her. "You? What kind might you be?"

Sable did enjoy the company of most demons. He hated the ones who killed and maimed simply for the thrill of it, but he liked those who were just a little dark company. He hoped she was one of the few that were simply existing, not on earth to harm for the fun of it.

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Raven, #9E0508, dashed, 10, Impact"] She smiled. "I'm one of the rarest demons out there." She laughed. "I've heard I'm the very last of my kind." She looked at him. "Let's play a game. Maybe you can try and guess what type I am. There's one feature that sticks out." She smirked. She glanec around, seeing no shadow of her own.[/fieldbox]

[Fieldbox="Ross, #4E112D, dotted, 10, Impact"] Ross looked up scared at her. She slowly and shakily started to lift her hand up to hers. "I-I'm Ross..." She mumbled softly. She slowly took her hand and got up. She rubbed her eyes. She was shaking badly. "W-Why're you helping me?"[/fieldbox]

Katsurou gives a rather cheeky smile at Paris when she shoots him a glance, quite enjoying the amount at which he bothers her. "Oh, I'm going to have loads of fun with this one." He thinks to himself, before slapping Sayuri on the back, heading back to the sign he was supposed to stand under. "Well, it's nice meeting you two, but I'd prefer not missing out on my room key. You should probably find your room sign too, I'd hate to have to offer my bed so soon after meeting you." He gives a mischievous wink, before reaching up and grabbing the floating sign out of the air, staring at it with a frown. "Come on, I just want to get to my room, you damn magic sign." He mutters at the sign, somewhat annoyed at the amount of time it's taking. He glances over to the spot where he left his belongings, checking to make sure it was all still there, and sure enough, the two large leather briefcases were still in their spot.

Gin took Ross's hand and gently pulled her upwards so she was standing in front of him.
"Ross, huh? That's a pretty nice name."
He said, trying his best to smile.

Upon hearing her question, his face went blank. He did kind of act upon impulse to help her. He didn't really know why he was talking to her right now, either.
"Hey, I couldn't leave some girl who was in trouble like that, I had to do something right?"
He was laughing awkwardly, and smiling again.

After a moments silence he spoke up once more.
"Well, we should dust you off," He says as he begins to dust off Ross's clothing with his hands.
"We wouldn't want your clothes to have stains or dirt or something, right?"

Eleri:
@Tarieles

He's talking to me?! Alriiiiiight... Eleri thought, taking a moment to center herself as she looked up at him. The guy radiated confidence like a fireplace radiating heat. Or was that heat-- My uniform. Right. "Oh, I got 'em," she said, patting her larger suitcase, "I just dinnae get wha'ever said we needed t' arrive in uni--"

A groan of wood and rustle of leaves, and a likely expletive in an unfamiliar language. A tree, inexplicably cut, was starting to fall toward a guy with pale skin and blue hair. "They're usually not this dangerous," she muttered to herself in surprise, "but it's still not as bad as the floating eyeballs." She reached out for the tree with her telekinesis, but by this time water started welling up from the grass in a weird way, then...formed into an arm?...and tried to brace the tree up. As High Strangeness episodes went, this had to count as one of the better ones.

That's when Eleri realized she'd been muttering aloud in front of Mr. Hot Guy, at which point it became rather more difficult to concentrate. Instead of fleeing, Blue Hair Guy spread his arms and conjured more water, straining with the effort of righting and restoring the tree. Oh. A bit of relief then; apparently not every bizarre event that happened here here would be her fault. Blue Hair Guy started to collapse. Again she reached out with her telekinesis, but someone else caught him before he hit the ground, and seemed to have things sorted.

Which...left her there, with Mr. Hot Guy. She blushed a little, scrambling for words. "I'm Eleri Grae. An' who might you be?" she asked, extending a delicate hand.

[fieldbox="Ross, #4E112D, dotted, 10, Impact"]Ross blushed as he brushed her off. She looked away and then down at her skirt. She started to brush herself off. She looked down at her short skirt and sighed softly. She had forgotten to order the pants, so she had to wear a skirt. She hated it. It was so revealing.[/fieldbox]

img.php

Interacting: Ross @Cry.EXE, Gin @Enthriper
#ff83fa

Paris smiled at the other person who was helping the small girl. "And I just love helping people." She told her, glad that she seemed to be doing better now that people had started to talk with her. She stood as well, dusting off her butt, so her skirt wasn't dirty. "If you'd like, you can stay with me, and we can look for our rooms together." She also didn't want to suffocate the girl, so she was keeping a short distance between them, so she didn't feel crowded.

She looked at the boy who was helping, giving him a look of thanks. He was doing well, even if he looked confused. Most people would have approached in an overly worried manner, which was not a good thing to do. "Or, if you'd prefer, we can find someone else to help you."
img.php

Interacting: Raven @Cry.EXE
#B22222
Sable looked Raven over for a couple minutes, before noticing the lack of shadow. "You have no shadow. I unfortunately don't know of a type without a shadow." He told her. He wasn't an expert on demons, that was for sure. The majority of demons he had met were either plain demons, or shadow demons. He had met another of his kind, a woman. However, he had never met any others, and he certainly wasn't sure on what kind this girl was.

img.php

Interacting: Eleri @Zarko Straadi
#F84600

Titus listened to the girl, before his gaze followed hers. He visibly cringed at the water magic, and became a bit more fidgety knowing that a person with powerful water abilities was on campus. He didn't like that. He disliked water users even more than he did fellow fire users. The two just didn't get along. He glared at the water, almost not hearing her when she introduced herself, before looking back to Eleri.

"Titus Brandt. Nice to meet you." He told her, nodding a bit in greeting. He didn't really stare at her, he gave her a few glances, more as a way to establish what she looked like. He uncrossed his legs, then sat on a nearby bench, his leg bouncing up and down. He really wanted to go for a run or something. The car ride had killed him, and now he had to do something to quell his energy. "So what are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Raven, #9E0508, dashed, 10, Impact"] She smiled. "I'm a dream demon." She said. "I don't have a shadow because I am one." She said. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "So, what room are you in?" She asked, looking up at him.[/fieldbox]

[Fieldbox="Ross, #4E112D, dotted, 10, Impact"]"No! I-I need to fine Thane..." She started to breathe heavily again. She looked around and started running again. "Thane!" She called over the voices of others.[/fieldbox]

Kasturou frowns, letting go of the sign, letting it float back to it's original height. He takes a step back, but he bumps into something that was sitting behind him. He spins around, a rather violent glare in his eyes, but he doesn't see anything initially. Then, upon looking down at the ground, he notices the bird-girl from before sitting there with a book in her hand. He looks back at the sign, before looking at the girl. "So you're in room 223, huh? Guess we're roommates. I'm Akayama Katsurou." He crouches down to get a better look at her face, staring intensely into her eyes.

@Jessica2477

@DeadAxl

SUMMER

"Ow!"

Her wing yanked away instinctively, the taller man having stepped on it. Summer looked up at the very tall man, keeping her book in hand and open. She watched him look up at the sign, then back at her. Come to find out that this large man was going to be her "roommate", which meant they would be sharing the same living space. She smiled at him and nodded in confirmation. If the Oni looked down just a bit, he'd be able to see that she was in the middle of a particularly raunchy page.

"Yes. I am Zhū Què, but please call me Summer." She told him though added, "You have the stare of White Tiger. Seething and unfaltering; it asserts your dominance quite well."

In her world, body language and stares were the ultimate weapons of dominance and intimidation if violence was not an answer. Words meant nothing if the person speaking them was as fearful as a bird without their wings.

Katsurou looks over Summer a few more seconds, before giving a toothy grin and a soft chuckle. "I like you, lady. Summer, huh?" He mulls this over in his head for a few seconds, before raising his eyebrow at her odd comment. "Well, yeah. Us Oni are taught from a very young age to never show fear to anyone. But thanks for the compliment." He sits down across from her, landing with an audible thud from his less-than graceful landing.

@Jessica2477

@DeadAxl

SUMMER

"Compliment? I am speaking what I think."

At the mention of "Oni", Summer had to do some thinking. She and Cain had done some studies on Earthly books when they first heard about their planned trip to said world. They had many different otherworldly type races, but the Oni sounded rather familiar, something she couldn't put her finger on. She and her friend had done their research on humans, on Gods, on Demons, and many other things that was relevant to Earth and its culture. "Oni" rung a bell, but it wasn't quite there.

"Oni...Onionioni... I feel as if I have read about "Oni", in one of the Earthly books. I'm afraid I cannot recall what it said." She told him, looking at him in hopes that he would refresh her memory.

Katsurou raises his eyebrow at Summer at her somewhat odd behaviour, laying his club across his lap. He decides to ignore her odd phrasing, before shrugging. "We're a big part of Japanese folklore and mythology. The best translation to English is either Ogre or Demon, depending on the source." He taps his right horn to accentuate the point. "This is mostly the reason why we're kinda related to demons, but we aren't really that demonic. Mostly just an... Acute allergy to holy or pure magic and incantations. It's kinda annoying, but hey, humans have their excuses for everything, yeah?"

@Jessica2477

"Well, I guess I'm not like most people then! And that's totally fine by me! After all, I--" Sayuri said when Katsurou, before stopping dead in her tracks in mid-sentence and being interrupted when the Oni would pat her on the head like a common dog or so. She wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that, so she just sorta stood there with a somewhat confused look on her face, wondering if the guy was just naturally that touchy-feely or something, if that was even the right phrase to describe him as. By the time she'd get her bearings together again with the slap to her back, once again by Katsurou's hand of course, it would seem that his attention had been diverted by another prospective classmate who introduced herself as Summer. So many interesting and strange people around indeed!

Aiya, how was she gonna keep up with everything and everyone?

Following that, Sayuri was about to respond to Paris's offer of cooking, before her attention would also be taken by another person; this time a little cutie and another guy. She chose to listen in on their conversation, if only because she figured she may as well meet as many people now just for the sake of it. Because what the hey, going to this kind of school meant a new chapter in one's life, right?

When Paris would offer to look for rooms together, Sayuri would nod enthusiastically, popping into the conversation with a smile and clenched fists, once again pumped for her first day. "Yeah, that's right! Today is a real big day, and while that would be probable cause to make anyone nervous, it's also probable cause to make anyone excited as well! So just channel what you wanna feel, scared or exited, and just feel that!" She said enthusiastically to Ross.

Oh. And then she would start calling for her friend (presumably), Thane or some another.

"Eeehhh... Did... Did I say something wrong?" She asked no one in particular, her smile becoming more forced and disheartened as she could practically feel the exaggerated sweat drops appear on her forehead now.

@Tarieles @Cry.EXE @Enthriper

@DeadAxl

SUMMER

She listened to him as he spoke, and that's when Summer began to remember the coursework of her studies. With Katsurou's explanation, it completely refreshed her memory of everything she had read about Demons specifically.

"Ah, right! I have read about Oni under "Demons" and the ideology behind it. Humans categorize what is not human but resembles one as something otherworldly, and they follow specific stereotypes to label them; such as with "Angels", "Demons", "Aliens", and other races. Strange and unfair, yes, but humans have a history of such a thing."

She sighed a bit, tucking her bangs behind her pointed ear and smiled at who she was considering a friend. "I wish to ask a question. May I ask why you carry such a large club? Is that your weapon of choice?" Summer asked, pointing at the club on the Oni's lap.​

The oni nods as she begins to understand his explanation, pausing to look down at his club. He chuckles, shrugging a bit. "Kinda. It usually deters other idiots from messin' with me, and it keeps up the classic Oni image, so t' speak. If anyone gives any trouble, I wave this around, and most sensible folks usually scatter. Those who don't get a solid ass-whoopin'. And lemme tell ya, solid metal clubs aren't fun to get thwopped aside the head with, if ya get my drift." He lifts it above his head, giving it a good look in the light. "'Sides. Ya gotta show the troublemakers that ya mean business, 'specially 'round here. If th' mages get outta line, there ain't no tellin' what might explode next." He then drops the club next to him, and it cracks the ground slightly as it lands, making a rather loud crashing noise.

@Jessica2477

@DeadAxl

SUMMER

It took Summer a second or two to comprehend what Katsurou was saying, given that he used a little bit of slang, or words she wasn't familiar with. And so, with context clues, she figured out what was said and figured out a response. "Ah, yes, I am familiar. I have been "thwopped" by a very strong friend of mine. Not fun at all."

It had been when she and Cain had sparred in the Arena of the Constellations. It ended with her friend nearly decapitating Summer with nothing but a stick. Thankfully, he held back enough that she survived. "I feel your stature and White Tiger glare will be enough to keep "idiots" and makers of trouble away. Though your intimidation club will surely do the job of Natural Selection, if used correctly, yes?" By that, she meant it would surely be enough to kill those that thought taking on a person who can wield a weapon that cracks the ground with sheer weight alone would be a good idea. That had happened to a relative of Summer's. Of course said relative died.

This was also Summer getting a little information on the weapon, so that she could keep it in mind for future reference. A person was strong, but they were only as strong as how well they handled themself or their weapon. If Katsurou could handle that club, then he was definitely a worthy foe. Though, referring to earlier, why would he use words for intimidation if he was capable of asserting dominance without it? Was that an Earthly thing?​

Katsurou raised an eyebrow at the girl, her odd choice of words piquing his interest more and more as they hold the conversation. "Natural selecti-Oh, you mean survival of the fittest? Heh. Hah! If it weren't for your wings and pretty face, I woulda thought you were an Oni there! You are an interesting one. But no, however much my blood burns for mayhem and carnage, that kind of stuff is... SOmewhat frowned on 'round here. 'Unofficial duels' as they call it aren't allowed, and official duels have a whole ton of regulations and rules surrounding him. Not many people would send their kids to a place where the chance of them gettin' offed is higher." He chuckles a bit, resting a hand on his club. He follows Summer's gaze to it, and smirks a bit. "And if you're wondering if I know how t' use this bad boy, well, it ain't a stereotype of Oni for no reason."

@DeadAxl

SUMMER

She frowned a little hearing that unofficial duels were not allowed. Not because she craved carnage and destruction, but simply because she and Cain often sparred against one another to keep their minds and skills sharp. Did that mean they had to ask more and more people to know whether or not they could have practice sessions? And if they did get permission to spar, did that mean there had to be hundreds of rules around that as well? What was the point if a Knight was incapable of fighting to their full potential?

Though when she heard about him answering what she had been thinking, her smile brightened and she giggled a bit from having been found out. "Is reading minds one of your abilities? I had been wondering if you are capable of handling such a weapon. And if you are indeed as good as I think you are, then you are... how you say... "A force to be reckon with". That is the phrase. yes?"​

Katsurou, having heard that his guess was on the mark, simply laughed it off. "Not exactly, I'm just familiar with that kinda gaze you had there. Evaluating my grip, checking the muscles in my arm to see if the right ones were trained, et cetera. I used to get that look a bunch back in my home village whenever I challenged some of our more seasoned warriors. That kinda stuff landed me with quite a few bruises, broken bones, and valuable lessons learned." He cracks his neck a bit, although he shrugs, propping the weapon back across his lap. "Well, to be frank, I'm much better with swords. Something about their shapes lets you bring much more finesse to the table than a club, though that's not me saying I can't have finesse and swing a club around. It's just a bit more difficult." He coughs a bit, frowning as he looks up and behind him at the sign. "How long are those punks gonna keep us waiting? I gotta drop my stuff off at the room, claim a bed, then go walk around town."

Status
Not open for further replies.