LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Often evenings between 5 to 11AM CET (central european time).
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magic, slice of life, supernatural, steampunk
All is very busy in the large city of Tel. Carriages of goods arrives from the outside as well as visitors from neighbouring towns. For soon, in the later evening, a big event will take place.
As you walk past the guards by the entrance you are introduced to a large cloth hanging between the roofs, reading:

"Tel a large city known for its progressive values".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

In a mood for some fantasy and adventure? Want to explore a new city? Or just take an ale and wait to the evening to come? The sun necklace of Tel tells the story of the royal family's treasure that is said to grant great power and can be sold for a prize unimaginable. Every year there will be a big event commemorating the sun goddess and the people of Tel will be able to see a glimpse of the royal family treasure upon it's golden clad pedestal heavily guarded with royal guards. However, the event will also attract wrongdoers and theieves. Will you be a kind new visitor to this city, or do you have more in mind?

For you who like worldbuilding and character interactions should join this story. Not everything is planned out so whatever your character choose will impact the story.
This roleplay is inspired by the game Final fantasy 9, however only some small parts. I want this to be it's own kind of world after all.

So for you interested, who is it that will be your partner in all of this (a.k.a me)?
I like to have detailed writing, going between intermediate to advanced writing skills.
We all make spelling mistakes so I don't expect it to be perfect but it would be very bland to only have two sentences response to every post.
Using pictures in posts are ok, if they are very big however you can hide them and use a "spoiler tag".
I live in CET (central european time) and I usually respond between 1-3 times a week. If something is happening that makes me unable to answer for a longer time I'll make sure to write it to you in PM.
For me the most important part is to have fun, sometimes I will have to make up posts on whims and the ideas will come along as the story goes, which makes the roleplay more uncertain and interesting to play.
Gender and race for this roleplay is not important, you can play female, male, non-gender, a lizard, a dwarf, an elf, etc. Anything goes as long as it makes sense to your character.
Remember that this roleplay focuses a lot more on the world- and character building with the city you are in and the character's you meet. Romance can be okay but it shouldn't be forced. There will be no sexual themes in this.

If you have any questions you can ask here or PM me.

Interested? Be sure to be the first one to respond! :arrow: The sun necklace of Tel

I have two characters, I am interested in joining, though both hail from the same world. Feel free to peruse them at your own leisure and let me know which you think will be a better fit with what you have in mind. (if any, profiles in signature via Wix.)

I have two characters, I am interested in joining, though both hail from the same world. Feel free to peruse them at your own leisure and let me know which you think will be a better fit with what you have in mind. (if any, profiles in signature via Wix.)

Hello Sombersong, I'm happy to hear that you're interested to participate! I have checked out both of your characters and they are very different culturally from each other and to this world of mine. Before that I would like to hear what you would have in mind for either of these characters. Stuff like; why would they be interested to visit this new city? Have they heard rumors of this royal event that will take place and they want to explore more. Or are they completely new and by coincidence visit this city?

When looking through my post I see now that I'm very vague about my description and what kind of fantasy style it is to this world, other than it being inspired by Final fantasy 9. Sorry about that. :embarrassed:
So this city that your character will be visiting have an european medieval aesthetic surrounding to it with a bit more modern elements in it, like white stone buildings (for the rich) sticking out from the brick medieval looking houses. Whichever of the character's that will be picked they will both stick out a lot from their very cultural esthetic looks and backgrounds. So I would like to know what you have in mind for your characters.

Somber tends to go where the contract takes her, could be a monster slaying event/ festival like in FF9 or just a job from a noble, or even peasant as they will take jobs for meager coins at times. That, or she could be on the run from the Eldritch horde that is chasing here. Her reason for being there may just be as simple as initially gathering supplies or intelligence. But ends up embroiled in something entirely else.

Myrriah is a Djinn, her form is malleable, so she can mask her appearance as long as those that are perceiving her don't have the means to penetrate the influence of her illusion. It comes from her necklace, which is the diamond cremated remains of someone who betrayed her. Enchanted to provide this ability for periods of time. As far as her own reasons for visiting the city, well, that would be a spoiler. Needless to say if you recheck her profile I added a bit to her bio. But she is the mistress of shadows, the lady of coin, wealthiest merchant in the land and possibly soon to be queen depending how the pieces fall in a global plot I am engaged in ATM. Information is her game, as much as gold, spice and wine. She could be there to simply spy on this kingdom, to gauged their threat level, scout for possible cultural similarities they could use to reach a treaty with. Invest in their economy, meeting to set up a trade deal, bringing a certain faction or guild into the syndicates fold, overseeing an operation, meeting with an agent. Being that she is in the political and economical systems of her homeland, I can conjure thirty reasons to camouflage her secret agenda.

Hmm, after thinking about it I feel like Myrriah right now is more befitting to the world I'm building. But not only that, I think that she can have some interesting views and actions of this world as well. Meaning, that she is more of an adventurer that can roam however she see fit. Both of them can prove to be interesting though with their very different backgrounds and personalities.
All in all I feel like that it is your characters and you should pick the one you want to roleplay as. For now the worldbuilding is still very much newborn so depending on what character you pick and what they will do, will carry the story.

Also, if you have any ideas that you want to carry out, e.g. make one of my character's do something that they would not normally do due to maybe magic or a curse of sorts. Be sure to PM me so we can discuss it. I'm also open for other suggestions.
Otherwise the rules follow the same ones from the one-in-one forum and as I said earlier, there will be no sexual themes.

If you have any more questions you can ask them here or PM me.

That is fine, I only do organic romance anyway.