Fantasy 1x1 search

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RoseGardenGate

Original poster
Yo! My name's Remi and I'm hoping to get back into roleplaying since it's been a couple years and I miss it. My favorite genres are fantasy and adventure.

I generally try to post once a day, once every few days, or once a week at the very least. I'd like it if my partner tried to be in that same range, but I get we all have responsibilities that have to come first, so it's okay if sometimes you can't reply for a little bit. It's summer vacation for me so I don't have to worry about school, but I do have other responsibilities to tend to and I have a webcomic I'm trying to update frequently.

I'm not picky about post length at all. Starting out with a few paragraphs per post to set things up is good, but after that, I like to just write however much seems necessary. If three sentences seem like enough, then it's enough. If three paragraphs seem like enough, then it's enough. If six paragraphs seem like enough, then it's enough. One liners are fine, too, as long as they're not too frequent. They can kind of make the story seem to be going nowhere. Really, the only thing I'm picky about is grammar, and even then I'm pretty lax. I don't care if you spell something wrong on occasion or forget to punctuate something correctly. As long as I can read it and tell what you're saying, we're good. Just try to establish that you know the basics. Names, proper nouns, the first word of a sentence needs to be capitalized, statements end in periods, questions end with question marks, etc.

I generally prefer RPing in PM's, but if you'd really prefer to play in the forum, that's fine!

I currently have a two plot ideas for fantasy/adventure RPs:

- There's an island with a small village in the middle of the sea. The island is very spiritual and has a tradition in which each year, three children between the ages of 13 and 17 are chosen by the gods to leave the island and explore the world. It's an honor to be chosen and is considered a sign that the person is made for greatness. Anyone not chosen must spend their whole life in the village, never to leave.
Your character and mine have been best friends since they were babies. Ever since they were little, they'd been pretending to be adventurers in the fields, and after developing feelings for each other they feel certain that they were meant to adventure together. They are both 13, finally old enough to possibly be chosen. However, at the ceremony, only one of them is chosen. They're both devastated. The one chosen has no choice but to go, the other has no choice but to stay. If they disobey the destiny fate has given them, they can be punished with death. No one had tried to disobey in years, but one of them may have to take a chance.

- (I'm reeeeeeeaaaaaally pining to do this one to be honest) A little girl is abandoned by her parents because they don't have the money to take proper care of her. She wanders for a few days, eventually finding herself at a witches shack. The witch there has isolated herself from society both for her own safety- witchcraft is illegal in this world and she could be burned for it- and out of hatred for the people around her who hate her for the magic that she was born with, that she didn't ask for. She lives alone and is very cold, only appreciating the company of her familiar. The only interaction she has with people is when they wander into the woods asking for potions or charms, which she sells not for money, but something more personal (think The Little Mermaid when Ursula takes Ariel's voice) which she could use for her potions. When an ill and tired little girl arrives at her door, she's very puzzled, but while she's cold and not at all nurturing she isn't necessarily cruel. Reluctantly, she lets the girl in. At first, she decides that the girl will only stay until she was better, then she'd make her leave, but over time she decides she doesn't mind the girl's company. The girl helps her around the house and with making potions, and the witch slowly finds herself actually liking the girl.

Shoot me a PM if you like either of these or have an idea of your own!

I have a lot if fantasy ideas if you'd like to see them.

Reactions: RoseGardenGate
No but I can send you a pm listing all the ideas I have.

Have you gotten any responses for the witch and small child idea? That one sounds interesting.

I like you, but I have some of my own plots if you'd like to see them! Pm me whichever you like!
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/always-open-one-one-one-all-pairings.159401/
Thank you for showing interest, but for some reason, every time I click the link you gave me it takes me to an error page saying "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." I don't know why that's happening, but do you think maybe you could copy/paste the plots and send them to me over a PM and I can look at them there? ^^'

Thank you for showing interest, but for some reason, every time I click the link you gave me it takes me to an error page saying "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." I don't know why that's happening, but do you think maybe you could copy/paste the plots and send them to me over a PM and I can look at them there? ^^'

You probably have to follow me. Idk.

The reason you can't see the thread is because it's in the Redstar Connections board for those 18 and older.

The first plot you have there with the children chosen by the gods seems really interesting.

The reason you can't see the thread is because it's in the Redstar Connections board for those 18 and older.

The first plot you have there with the children chosen by the gods seems really interesting.

Ooh, okay. Thanks for letting us know!

Cool, send me a PM and we can discuss it there!

Status
Not open for further replies.