1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Agender
  6. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
romance, modern, drama, modern fantasy, horror
It was a fall evening just like any when Viola had decided it was high time to squeeze in some hunting into her not at all busy schedule. She had been sitting in her apartment being bored, she was bored a lot these days, listening in on the couple next door's hushed fighting as usual when she had gotten the urge to go shut them up by completely emptying them of every last drop of blood in their systems.

That was obviously not the smartest thing to do if she didn't want to find somewhere else to live, so, instead, she had gone out for a snack and now pale grey eyes were searching the streets for someone who would be willing to follow a good looking girl. Without too much effort on her part.

Of course, she would have no problem just luring someone with her. Being able to take control of a person's mind was one of the many perks that came with the fangs. But she liked the challenge, it made it a little more interesting, and she supposed it was harder to use the ability when she hadn't fed in a while. But that was beside the point.

The sun was setting and the weather was still a little chilly, Viola didn't really feel the cold though, or, well, she felt it but not in the way humans did. She didn't remember how it actually felt for humans, but she remembered thinking it felt different back when she could remember. Despite the cold of the evening, though, the streets of Vancouver had plenty of potential victims walking around.

One man, in particular, caught her eye. Possibly due to his bright red hair, but he was also walking alone, turning around a corner to a street she knew was significantly less populated, which would give her a perfect opportunity. From there she would just be able to lure him into some alleyway and then she could move on with her evening. She kept a smirk off her face but she knew this wouldn't be very hard.

"Excuse me," She said, loud enough for the man to hear as she hurried her steps to catch up to him, while also pulling a confused and maybe slightly distressed expression, "I'm sorry, do you have a minute,"

Viola Roux

Name: Violett (Viola) Roux
Birthday: May 23 1813

Appearance:
6UBRjfX.png

Personality: Shallow, doesn't take most things too seriously unless it involves her own well being. Over reliant on her vampiric abilities, without them, she's basically useless, and even with them she's not a very strong fighter either, she'd rather run from a conflict. Would still argue that she's smart rather than a coward, it's not necessarily true, though. She is also kind of blunt, doesn't consider other's people's feelings too much and is kind of selfish on occasion.

Hobbies: Fashion is the one thing that has really stuck with her as an interest for a while, other than that she keeps up with current trends and technology, movies, music etc.

Likes: Being a vamp, she does not see it as a curse, playing with her food. Hanging with humans without feeding them (They are generally less pretentious than vampires) Kommer int på nåt mer just nu, sue me.

Dislikes: Vampires that think too highly of themselves, poor fashion choices, irrationality, being forced to eat regular food or partake in other human activities for the sake of appearances.

Background: Her family was a poor family who emigrated to Canada in 1825, during the mass emigration from Europe to America, with the hopes of better lives which they did achieve. Lived a pretty pleasant life until she was turned into a vampire at age twenty. She hung around the guy who bit her for a good chunk of time, after ditching him she has done her own thing, which is mostly just roaming around spending her undead life doing whatever she feels like doing at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: Matizze
The cold air made Adrian shiver, and he once again cursed his terrible and totally unfair fate. He had roamed the streets for hours (which was Adrian language for maybe fifteen minutes) and he still hadn't found anything even remotely close to a blood-sucking human shaped demon.

He was on the verge of giving up. To go spend his last pennies on something that would drown his sorrows, but hangover was a bitch. Not that Adrian could afford it. In fact, he couldn't even afford one drink as of now. He really needed to loot some wealthy vampire's dead corpse...

Dejected, Adrian turns and walks into yet another alleyway, and out onto a less crowded street.
"Excuse me", he hears a female voice say from behind him, and he slows his steps in case the voice was referring to him. Judging by the voice only, she sounds like a beauty, and when he hears steps rushing closer, he puts on his most charming half-smile and turns around. "I'm sorry, do you have a minute."

Wow. She really was a beauty.
"Any time, sweetie", he says in what he hopes to be a cool voice, but then realizes that he hasn't really answered the question and coughs awkwardly before continuing: "I mean, yeah! Yeah, I've uh-... I've got like an hour or so to spare."

Name: Adrian Vânăto de Corp

Birthday: December 21, 1997

Appearance and (some) gear:

2w6bfcz.png
(bigger image: Image - TinyPic - gratis värdtjänst för bilder, foton och video)

(Bahahahah that collage though XD)

The gun is specially made to handle wooden bullets, and his dragon choker is a family heirloom containing vervain.

Personality: Adrian sports an amazing self confidence that seldom lives up to his actual capacity, but believing is succeeding, right? He can be very persuasive at times.

He is the opposite of patient and would describe himself as a pacifist, even if that only is because shooting a gun is such a hassle. He likes to make himself into a victim and is a hopeless womanizer whose only wish is for his family to finally leave him alone.

Adrian is very frugal and at the same time always looking for opportunities to make more money. His lifelong dream is to buy an island and fill it with topless women and expensive cars.

Hobbies: Women, movies, and music are his top three interests, but he has a weakness for gambling.

Dislikes: Oh, you mean apart from the ridiculous surname? Well, Adrian dislikes his whole family situation, what with him being doomed to a life of living in the shadows and hunting vampires. He just hates making an effort.

Background: Adrian grew up in a very conservative, very strict environment as the second son to two retired vampire hunters who fully expected him to follow in their footsteps. Okay, so he might have inherited their vampire hunter traits (peak athletic performance, quick reflexes and so on), but that doesn't mean that his destiny is being a second-grade super hero, right? Well, his family would beg to differ.

After countless of years trying to educate Adrian in the art of vampire slaying, training him to track, trap and slaughter the devious creatures of the night, his parents finally gave up and decided that enough was enough. He would go out in the real world to slay vampires or die trying! Fact is, his family made it very clear that failure to do so was not an option by freezing all of Adrian's bank accounts and putting a blood tracking seal on his body to make sure he wasn't running away. One hundred vampires, they demanded. That was the amount he had to kill to make them leave him alone. And he had to bring them proof.

So far, Adrian hasn't killed anything blood-sucking except for a few unfortunate mosquitos.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Rabbit
The guy's awkward demeanour was almost comical, to the point where Viola had to remind herself that this wasn't the time to giggle. He was trying way too hard and any other girl would have probably taken a step back once he uttered the word "sweetie", but in Viola's case it all just meant that he was an easy prey. She couldn't wait to see his reaction once she dug her teeth into his neck, it would surely be priceless.

"Oh thank you, I'm really sorry for bothering you, but…" She nervously twisted a curl of her messy dark hair and tapped her sneaker clad foot on the ground as she talked, she liked to think she had perfected the art of acting with her years of practice, in reality, she might have been playing it up just a tad too much, but it wasn't like this guy would notice, so, she continued, "I just…"

She glanced into the opening of an alleyway close to them, brows furrowed and teeth gently gnawing a little on a pale knuckle, she truly deserved an Oscar, if only Hollywood knew of her.

"I need to pass through down there and I would feel a lot safer if I had someone with me" She looked down at the ground for a moment and then up at the man with wide eyes, "If it's not too much to ask, and you really do have the time, of course"

• Love
Aw. Adrian couldn't help but feel protective of the girl. She was uneasy, that much was obvious, but the small gestures that hinted at exactly how nervous she felt was extremely cute. Her curly brown hairl looked soft too, he wondered what it would feel like if he let his fingers comb through it...

"Hm? Down there? Of course, I was going in that direction anyhow", Adrian says, ignoring the fact that he has already passed it. As he turns towards the alley though, a sudden and convenient thought enters his mind.
"By the way miss, is there a particular reason why you feel uneasy going through this alleyway? Like, do a lot of attacks happen in there?"

• Love
That question was weirdly specific and Viola glanced up at the guy with some slight suspicion. A girl being scared to walk into a shady alleyway in the evening should be telling enough of itself not to warrant any questions like that.

She did know what areas of town one would not want to walk into to avoid an attack though, this one and the ones close by in particular were relatively safe and free from monsters hiding in the shadows, that is, if you didn't have run in with Viola, of course. She was one of few vampires who really hunted in the area on the regular.

But she assumed the human wasn't referring to any vampiric activities, he was talking about your regular run of the mill thugs and crazy serial killers hiding out with sedatives in dumpsters. Okay, maybe not the second alternative, Viola had been watching a little too much TV as of late.

"I wouldn't know," she said as the continued walking, grabbing the sleeve of the guy's leather jacket to play up her fear a little since the suspicion ended up showing through in her tone. She didn't need to fool him for much longer though, just until they couldn't be seen from the street and any potential surprised outburst when she went in for a bite would go unnoticed, "My friend told me this was the fastest way to her place, so it should be fine, but someone could still follow you in, you know? I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid,"

• Love
"Your... friend?" Adrian repeats. He forces himself to refrain from asking the gender of said friend, and exactly how deep the friendship was, but he can't shake off the feeling that this friend probably is a big asshole and an even bigger if they happened to be a guy.

"Can't be a very good friend to force a sweet girl like you to walk there by yourself at this hour", he says in what he hopes to be a half-joking tone. They are inside the alley now, and Adrian stops abruptly. "Look, if you want, I can walk you all the way there, and if you are going home tonight I can give you my number?"

Adrian can't help but applaude how smooth he was. Soon, he would have this beauty's number, and a reason to call her up. He reaches into one of the pockets of his leather jacket and brings out a dried out, rough-looking flower of vervain and holds it out towards the girl.
"Sorry I don't have anything fresher to give you, but I really thought a girl like you deserved a flower. I'm Adrian by the way."

• Love
When the guy started talking about exchanging phone numbers Viola decided it was high time to get to the blood sucking, but something stopped her. Not in a something about this guy made her feel guilty about was she was about to do kind of way, no she'd gladly shut up his attempts at flirting. It was that she felt weaker all of a sudden. The cause? The flower the guy, Adrian apparently, was holding out for her to take.

She stared at the dried up flower with utter horror. No one had dried vervain in just laying around in their pockets like that. Not unless they knew about vampires. Not unless they were a hunter. Her presumably easy prey was suddenly a threat and she couldn't help but wonder if it was actually him who had managed to fool her into coming with him. Was this part of his plan to get her secluded and kill her off quickly after shoving vervain in her face?

No, that just couldn't be the case. A good hunter would never wait this long for a kill, a good hunter was quick and efficient and she would be dead by now. Adrian simply had no idea she was a vampire and although being in the presence of a hunter wasn't the most relaxing thing it the world she found it absolutely hilarious.

"That's vervain, right?" she was one hundred percent sure it was vervain, "It's really sweet of you but I'm allergic, could you please put it away,"

She was really pushing it, an allergy to the plant he was holding should be obvious, but she threw in a compliment and hoped for the best. All she needed was for him to put down that stupid plant, prove that he really was as clueless as he seemed and then she could see how far she would be able to push it.

• Love
"O-oh! I'm really sorry!" Adrian stammered out an apology and quickly dropped the dried flower to the ground before he realized that the girl would probably be just as allergic to vervain on the ground between them as she was to vervain in his hand. Trying to correct his mistake, he kicks the flower further away using one of his sneaker-clad feet. Man! This really didn't work out the way Adrian had hoped and he bites his lip, frustrated.

At the same time, he feels pity towards the poor girl. Through his teachings, just about the only thing Adrian had picked up was that vervain was the best for protection about vampires, and if this girl was allergic to it... well, it could be fatal.

• Love
Adrian threw the flower down on the ground straight away, and stomped on it as he seemed to realise that the flower was still out if the open. He truly was completely clueless, not only about the fact that she was a vampire but apparently how to do anything without being awkward.

Once again Viola grabbed the sleeve of Adrian's jacket, this time pulling him a bit further ahead, right now the plant on the ground was more dangerous than the hunter, which she found very amusing.

"I'm Viola," She said as they walked a little further ahead, her name wasn't Viola, had never been, but it also had nothing to do with the lies she had been telling this evening, she had just decided to try something new about twenty years ago and it ended up sticking. Anyways, stating her own name felt like where the conversation would have gone had the situation been normal.

"You know, I really didn't expect to get so close to vervain today" she continued "It's such a specific allergy and you don't really encounter strangers with pockets filled with vervain very often"

At that, she let out a little chuckle that was meant to be cute, something about the guy made her believe that he would appreciate that. By something, she meant her obvious and hopeless attempts at flirting.

"How come you have that?" She glanced up at him, with an expression that hopefully was innocent, but she was really curious to hear what kind of excuse Adrian would try to come up with.

• Love
The pull on his sleeve made Adrians heart skip a beat, and he tried his best not to let it show on his face. Okay, so maybe he wasn't as familiar with wooing women as he would have hoped, but hey, it really wasn't his falut that he had spent the entirety of his childhood being homeschooled in the art of killing mythical creatures instead of sucking the marrow out of life.
Anyway, this girl seemed genuinely interested in Adrian, and that made him smile more than anything. He really wanted to show her his cool side, especially as his previous attempt at wooing her had proven to do more harm than good.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that, I had no idea hu- people could be allergic to vervain", he hoped the girl won't notice his slip-up. The last thing he wanted was for her to think he was some kind of crazy lunatic, although he kind of was. Her chuckle made his heart flutter again and her eyes... god, those eyes, were looking at him and he felt as if he would drown in them if he looked into them for too long.
"I... uh... sorry, what was the question again?"

• Love
Had Viola not realised the guy was a hunter she would have probably not thought twice about Adrian's little slip-up, she decided to pretend like she didn't though, seeing as she apparently had to repeat her question.

"I asked you why you keep vervain in your pockets"
She smiled at Adrian, to compensate for the small sigh she had let slip before saying it. You'd think that after being alive for over two-hundred years you would learn to not be impatient. That wasn't the case for Viola, but she kept the slight annoyance to herself, she didn't want to break character.

"Did you know it's a vampire thing apparently?" she continued, getting even closer to the subject. She wondered how he would explain the flower after she had said that, a good hunter would never just blurt out the existence of vampires unless someone's life depended on it, "I can't remember exactly what it was it did, but whenever I mention my allergy there's usually someone who is quick to mention it"

• Love
As Adrian frantically searched for a plausible excuse for roaming the streets with vervain in his pockets, Viola effortlessly mentions the true reason for it. Vampires. The thing that forced Adrian to patrol the streets in this dark and cold night instead of chatting up pretty girls at bars.
He wondered if it would be okay to tell Viola that. Would she believe him, or think that he messed with her?

"Yeah, well, it never hurts to be prepared for the worst, right?" Adrian only half-jokes as his thoughts trickle towards the memories of him seasoning whatever he would eat with vervain. It had become a habit, taught from a very young age, and the bitter taste haunted even his mildest nightmares.

"It supposedly burns the vampire if they come in contact with it, gross right? But I guess that is kind of why I'm carrying it. You see, I'm on this super secret mission to save humanity. I'm not really supposed to talk about it though..."
Okay, so maybe that was an exagerration, but Adrian really wanted to impress Viola, and what better way than to sugarcoat his ridiculous mission?

• Love
The first word Viola would use to describe the feeling of vervain making contact with her skin was definitely not gross, instead excruciatingly painful. After that, she would probably go with gross as well. It wasn't a pretty sight.

She had had a couple of run-ins with hunters in the past, and thus a couple of run-ins with the plant. What she had learnt from those encounters was that the best thing to do in that situation was to get the fuck out of there, and not try to fight them. This guy wasn't really much of a threat though.

"A mission? To do what? Kill vampires?" she tried to say it in a way that made what he had said sounded both unbelievable and endearing at the same time. Was he really trying to tell her the real reason he was out tonight? Or was he just struggling with coming up with a reasonable excuse and was trying to joke it off?

• Love
Ah shit, had Adrian been too obvious? But at the same time... this didn't have to be so bad.
His parents had always stressed the fact that a hunter never could let anyone know of them, but Adrian wasn't his parents, and if their methods were as good as they seemed to believe, why were there still vampires roaming around in the world? No, Adrian would deal with this on his own, in his own way.

As such, the corners of his mouth curls up to form a michevious smile.
"If I said it was, would you believe me?"

• Love
She blinked a couple of times in surprise at Adrian, only half pretending that it hadn't been the response she would have expected, he had actually almost managed to be a little suave, of course, he was also sounding absolutely insane from an outside perspective.

She tried to think of what would be the most believable answer in this situation. It wasn't all that hard, it would have been the word no. But she didn't want to push this guy away just yet. This was the most interesting encounter she had had with a hunter, and the most interesting she had had with anyone in quite some time.

"I don't know" She bit her lip as she paused, like she was hesitating, not sure if she should believe him or not, "You don't really have a reason to lie. Unless you're crazy… You're not, are you?"

She hoped it wasn't too harsh of a question, but she felt like it was a valid one, honestly, it was probably the first thing people would ask in this scenario, closely rivalled by "are you joking?" Viola knew it was hard for Adrian to prove the existence of vampires to her without actually introducing her to one, but since she already very much believed in them she was willing to buy just about anything.

• Love
"I don't know, maybe I am crazy... crazy about you." Adrian stopped himself before he let those words exit his mouth. Ugh, even in his head he could feel how cheesy that line was, and anyways, it was beside the point. He had started to develop his own plan to deal with this, a plan that would involve him getting some... mmm... in due time, but first he needed to play it cool.

"I don't think I am", he said thoughtfully and paused for a second before letting out a small chuckle. "But that's the thing about crazies, isn't it? The last one to know are themselves."
He couldn't help shifting his weight from one leg to the other, feeling uncomfortable. He hadn't really talked about this with anyone before, his family excluded, and it made him feel weird and... crazy.

"Anyway, let's just say that what the media calls 'yet another victim drained of all blood', I call 'vampires', but whatever you call it, someone needs to put an end to it. And that someone just so happens to be me"
, he flashed a faint smile at Viola, and tried to hide any and all insecurities that surfaced by talking about it with determination.

• Love
"Well, I'm not really getting crazy vibes from you" She said carefully, completely ignoring his terrible opener to his explanation, he hadn't even been able to keep that slight coolness for a minute, "But I'm probably not going to start to believe in any supernatural beings just like that, I suppose something causes those kinds of weird murders, though"

The had almost made it to the other side of the alleyway and suddenly Viola was hit by the smells and sounds from the street ahead of them. It wasn't like he hadn't heard or smelt them before, but suddenly they became more apparent and so did her need to just grab someone to sink her teeth into. She was supposed to have fed by now.

"Thank you for walking with me,"
She said as she leant against the concrete wall, still technically in the alleyway but only a meter or two off from the street, like she didn't want any passerby to disturb them, "I really appreciate it"

Now it was time to wrap up that lie she had started before, as quickly as possible without making it seem like she wanted to leave.

"I won't need an escort home, I'm planning on spending the night at my friend's place" it was more like she wouldn't need an encounter with a hunter when covered in blood in some alleyway, but it was close enough, "but you know, if It's like you say and vampires, or whatever, really are real I wouldn't mind that phone number you were talking about before"

she wanted to make sure he knew this was a promise of further conversation, mostly because she didn't want him following her in hopes of protecting her only to find out what she really was, but also because

"You know, for safety reasons" she let a small smile play on her lips as she pulled out her phone out of her pocket and held it out for Adrian to type in his number, a smile that maybe, just maybe, said that that wasn't at all the reason for her wanting his number.

Adrian hadn't expected for Viola to start believing in the supernatural that quickly either. Rather, if she had, he would have been the one running off in the other direction, thinking she was crazy.
What he had expected though, was for Viola to let him walk her all the way to her friend's house, and he felt a tad disappointed that their short walk had come to an end already. In a way though, her beautiful figure leaning casually against the concrete wall was goo enough in terms of appreciation, and without being to obvious Adrian tried to imprint the image in his memory. Too bad she wouldn't need an escort home.

For a second, Adrian just stared at the phone between the two of them, as if he couldn't believe this was really happening. He had thought that he had lost all chances with this beautiful girl, that he would have to keep his fingers crossed for their paths to cross once again, but here it was, an invitation to a convenient excuse to meet up once again. Her smile made Adrian feel as if he would melt, and when he took Viola's phone from her hand, he could swear their fingers met on purpose.

As he punched in his number and name on Viola's contact list, Adrian considered putting some kind of emoji after his name. He wondered what would be a suitable one? Sunglasses, so symbolise his coolness? A moon face to symbolise how they first met in the evening? Once again, Adrian wished he wouldn't have been forced to spend his youth in home school. Then he wouldn't have been so hopelessly oblivious to the use of emojis and slang.

"There you go", Adrian said as he handed the phone back to Viola with a smile. In the end, he had chosen not to use any emojis as he didn't want to mistakenly offend Viola by picking a bad one. He also hadn't written out his embarrassing surname. "Feel free to text or call me anytime."
A sudden fit of laughter from the street in front of them made Adrian turn his head in that direction, and he became painfully aware of how they weren't even close to being alone anymore.
"Well then..." he cleared his throat a little, suddenly feeling nervous. "See you around I guess?"

"Yeah, I'll see you sometime" Viola said and stood up straight again "And really, thank you"

She gave the hunter one last smile and a wave before walking out on the street where she made her steps a little quicker, not enough for it to look unnatural or anything, but she needed to put some distance between herself and Adrian so that he wouldn't get suspicious of the fact that she wasn't actually entering a nearby building.

She was going to need head over somewhere else entirely for that day's dinner, which was annoying, but not the worst thing that could have happened. Really, had Adrian been a skilled hunter she would have probably been dead by now, but she wasn't and some new hunting grounds was a small price to pay to stay alive. Or, well, as alive as a vampire could get.

Viola smiled a little as she thought of the hunter, it was more of a smirk now that her little improve session was over, but a smile nonetheless. She pulled up her phone and found Adrian among her contacts, let out a chuckle as she read what he had set as his surname -at least she wouldn't need to play hard to get with a guy like him- and started typing.

This is Viola's number!!

She pressed send after decorating the text with a couple of sparkle emojis and a heart. She was really looking forward to seeing whatever fun would happen during their next encounter, hopefully, it would be some kind of cure for the boredom she had been feeling lately.

Adrian had tried, okay? He had really tried to answer Viola's messages, but all of his attempts never left the draft stage. Was that sentence too forward? What emoji should go with that abbrevation? He had even gone as far as using a library computer to try and google how to text someone, but to no avail.

There had been two days since Adrian had registered his number into Viola's phone under the name Adrian Hunter. Maybe he had been too obvious, or too strange, but Adrian had though it to be funny at the time and besides, everything was better than writing out Vânăto de Corp. What blockhead had chosen that as their family name anyway?

As he was walking down the streets in the same manner as he always did during the evenings and nights, Adrian's phone rumbled again, and this time he didn't even have the courage to look. He would get to it later, when he had thought up something good to say, he promised himself. He would sleep on it, or something.