Fangs And Fur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kira, blue
Kira wore a really beautiful blue dress that was designed for that event. She just hoped to have a chance tonight to really see the prince, without him pushing her away as he did with every suitor who went near him. And it wasn't all about marrying him and finding a new home, Kira was just curious about Luka.
The ceremony started and everyone was dancing. Kira just took a drink and watched them. Somehow, she found herself standing next to Luka, who had just finished a dance. She smiled at him and gave him a small curtsy. She learned that it wasn't easy to approach him without being rejected, so probably keeping her mouth shut was the smartest thing to do.

I thought ren was his childhood friend since that is what you stated in a previous post.

"Ren had know Luka since they were children their mothers were great friends and Ren had just returned to the castle that night."

which is why I was confused.... so unless Ren's mother married the king, or the king had an affair I don't really understand how their mothers could be friends then end up siblings.
Ren was adopted by Luka's mother when she was 3. Ren only knows her mother and they queen were close because the queen told her that.

Luka, white
Luka had just finished dancing. A waiter gave him a drank. "Oh. Hello." He says to Kira with a slight smile. He bowed and took a sip of his drink. "Shall we dance the next song?" He asks holding his hand out.

Indie, green
Indie had finished dancing with the man that asked earlier and she decided she could do with something to drink. It was a good thing that she had practice eating and drinking as a human so she didn't make a mess or embarrass herself or Luka.

As she walked through the rest of the dancers to stand by the sideline she saw Luka asking for a dance from a pretty woman who she had seen at dinner. That meant that she was a suitor and as such Indie felt a bit jealous that she was here because the Queen wanted her to marry Luka. All of these women were here for Luka, and she... well she was allowed to be there because she knew about this ball and most likely Luka thought she would feel left out if she wasn't allowed to attend.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/228/493186710_33aa433f40.jpg

Ileana looked over her shoulder, eyes wide. So he was capable of being friendly...and yet he had just chosen to ignore her completely. The week's verbal abuse and trashing from the others collected in her chest, turning into a fiery ball of anger.

This was the last straw.

You won't be friendly? She inwardly growled. Fine then. If it's war you want, it's war you'll get.

If an alliance couldn't be reached through marriage, it'd be reached by force. Resolved, Ileana moved towards the door. She'd send the letter to Mishka, her parents would follow suit. No one insulted the children of the king and got away with it.

I'll see you burn you self-righteous brat.

Hearing the fire and venom in her thoughts, Adrian quickly excused himself. He trailed behind the red head and grabbed her by the shoulders, stopping her in the hall. She thrashed, for a shot while, than glared at her lover.

"Let me go!" she said.

"Illy, no," he said, accent finally slipping. "If you light that spark you damn this country and your own to more death and destruction. Do you want that on your hands?!"

"They all need to suffer!" She shouted, shooting him a glare. "I have been treated like vermin ever since I came here! I've been verbally threatened, abused, and practically shunned by everyone I've talked to! If they won't show me respect, I'll make them!"

She struggled again. Adrian read the rage, hurt, and, above all, fear that was racing through her mind. He sighed, and brought her back to his chest.

"Shhh," he coaxed, feeling her cry into his arms. "Breathe..."

Kira, blue
"It would be an honor" she answered, quite surprised for his kind behaviour. She took his hand and they started dancing. "I'm sorry for my lack of dancing skills. I swear I'll do my best not to step on you." She told him, immeadiately regreting the last part of it. Maybe it was a little soon for jokes. "Your castle is truely a lovely place" Quickly added, trying to go back to the formalities.

Last edited:
Luka, white
"No. Its fine. Their is a lady at this ball tonight I had to teach to dance. Were she disappeared to I don't know." He chuckled softly "Sorry if I came across as rude or cruel. Really I'm not. I just don't believe in this thing people call love." Muttered the last part. He wondered were what red head that the girls were making fun of disappeared. Honestly he didn't mean to be cruel to her they day they meet.

Kira, blue
She honestly smiled at him. Kira was relieved he had a reason to be rude before. And it was a reason she understood.
"It's ok, I don't either. Anyways, I really hope it exists, because spending a lifetime with someone just for convenience sounds awful." She told him. "You look a little worried, is everything ok?" asked him noticing the change of expression on his face.

Indie, green
Indie sensed something was off and with her wolf hearing she was able to hear a conversation that was probably meant to be private. Hearing the word war, she paled more then her already creamy skin naturally was. She had to make sure nothing like a war was going to happen!

She excused herself from the ballroom hoping Luka wouldn't be upset with her sudden absence, but she had to do something.

When she came upon the red haired princess and the man that had served them she looked a bit confused. Why was a servant holding one of Luka's suitors in such an intimate way and why was she crying in his arms? She wasn't sure but she had to do something.

"Um... It might not be my place, but I overheard you speaking.... and I think you should rethink this whole situation before doing anything rash... The prince, well, he can be difficult sometimes but that is only because he has had a rough childhood. I mean, seeing his mother killed before him isn't easy on anyone. He wants to keep others at bay. In order to do this, he sometimes comes off as cold and uncaring, but give him time, and the real Luka comes out." She said knowing that she was probably giving away at least a bit of her relationship with the prince.

"Im sure if you give him a chance, you will find he isn't who you thought he is...please?"

Luka, white
"The red headed girl. She gives me an uneasy feeling. I was harsh to her the first day she came. I was in the garden and I yelled at her saying I would rip her pretty little head off if she entered the garden again. I know it was harsh but that was my mothers garden." Luka says as their dance ended. Aria walks up. "Oh Luka. See anyone you like?" She asks smiling at the girl and him. "Oh fuck off Aria." He says rolling his eyes playfully. Aria laughs before walking off.

Kira, blue
She heard the story remembering that episode. He was rude, but appearantly he had his reasons. Kira heard his conversation with Aria and laughed a little bit. She waited until she disappeared and looked for the red headed girl with her sight.
"It's weird she is not around. Do you want to go look for that girl? Maybe you can explain it to her, she'll understand."

Nicole, purple
Nicole watched as the red haired princess walked off and wondered just what was going through her head. She wasn't going to follow the princess and it seemed someone else already had, though she didn't remember seeing anyone with ears or a tail at the suitor's dinner that first night. Perhaps she was someone else that was invited that night?

As the English princess watched she looked back to see that the prince had stopped dancing with one of the other women that was here to try and become his bride. It seemed that the queen was going around to check on the prince, probably to see if her son had found anyone he liked yet.

Luka, white
"Yeah. Let's find her." Running out into the courtyard with Kira he sees Indie the red head and a servant. "Oh so I guess he was your lover. A Princess and the popper I see. If you love him marry him not me. If your country is in so much trouble stand up. Your the hire are you not? Use your power and set them straight. It might seem harder then that but its better then marring a man you will never love. Plus I'm not all that bad and I'm sure I've you told me insisted of tricking everyone I would have helped. Don't take me as a cold son of a bitch. I can be but most of the time I'm not." Luka says before he turns to walk way.

Indie, green
Indie was happy to have Luka join them, at least she was until he seemed to become upset. She looked at her prince and at the woman he brought with him wondering just who she was. This was the woman he had been dancing with earlier... perhaps he had started to like this woman?

She didn't have time to think about that as she looked at the princess and the servant before bowing her head slightly and going after Luka.

When she caught up she looked at her master concerned. "Luka... I talked to them a bit, well tried to at least. I don't know much of politics, but I didn't want her to think war was an option, that she should get to know you, to see the real you." The Luka that I know... She thought after a moment. Her ears went down as she looked at her prince. "I take it the dance was a bit of a success?" She asked after a moment before looking away. "I.... want to let you know.... I have... started to like you as more then just a friend." She said softly a blush forming on her cheeks. "I decided before the night was over, I would have to tell you at least let you know my feelings at least."

Luka, white
Luka turned to Indie. "I assumed that you did." He says holding her face in his cupped hands "Sadly I don't love you in that way Indie. Well at lest not now that is. I love no one in that way right now but that doesn't me I won't." He leans down and kisses her forehead. "Now I owe you a dance."

Indie, green
Indie looked at Luka and nodded even as he cupped her face in his hands. "I know you don't feel that way. I'm your friend first, it would probably be like being interested in your sister huh?" She asked trying to not think of the fact he didn't see her that way, she couldn't blame him, even if she wanted him to see her as more.

"Yes, but you have others to dance with don't you? I shouldn't take your time when you still have all the ladies, the suitors to dance with." She said trying to do what was right, at least for this event. "Im not even an option for one of these suitors, I don't think I should really be here with all these beautiful women." She said softly looking away. Sure others had said she was pretty often enough, but she wasn't like Luka, she wasn't a vampire, or even a werewolf. She was an animal spirit and how could she ever actually be with someone as wonderful as him?

Kira, blue
Kira was shocked about the situtation. One moment she was just dancing with Luka and now she was in a really tense situation she didn't really understand. Luka changed from being that kind guy that offered her a dance to the one that he knew before. She just thought he was very interesting.
Luka left and he was about to follow him, but another girl that Kira couldn't recognise as any other suitor did before her. That made her stay with the intimidating red head and, apparently, her lover. Kira couldn't think of any other situation as awkward as that one.
"He is not that bad, I mean, I don't really know him but... it seems that he've been through a lot." She said with an awkward smile to, apparently, the Princess of who knows where. She bowed at them, ready to go back inside.

Luka, white
"Oh so I guess no one to you. Your my dear indie are also a candidate to be my suitor." He says with a smirk. He looked back up at Kira. "Come back in Kira!" He calls out to her "You don't want to catch a cold." With that said he takes Indie's hand and dances with her.

Indie, green
She was a possible suitor? The look of surprise had to be clear on her face as she was pulled back inside by Luka, even as he called out to the other woman he had danced with before.

As Luka brought her back inside and danced with her, she was happy, and she smiled her emerald eyes dancing as she was with the man she loved, even if he currently didn't feel that way for her if ever. She could at least cherish this moment for the rest of her life. "Thank you Luka, for giving me a dance." She said softly so only he could hear her. She didn't want anyone else to know that she was on a first name bases with the prince, she figured it could cause issues if the other women learned about it.

Luka, white
"Your welcome. After this I want you to be my lovely pet again." He says teasingly talking about her being wolf form. The danced throw the song and it soon ended. He bowed and before long another came to stole him away. He danced the night away before he finally sat down in a chair that happened to be next to Nicole.

Status
Not open for further replies.