FandOOmsday (See Inside for Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what pibbs was saying before, this is going to be dark magic related. Not sure if it is comedic or dramatic though. Haven't heard from pibbs in a while.

I've grown attached to the evil mage getting control of Belldandy idea myself. All kinds of possibilities with that.

Tbh now I'm inclined to use Peacock

We need someone to counteract these serious sticks in the mud

I was thinking of a dark-comedy kind of feel (where the situation is absolutely terrifying, but the characters manage to either escape using their wits, or perish, all while loaded with a few funny moments. Think 'Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn').

And as for the monsters, they'd be from all over. My idea was that these creatures took on forms based on what the people of Fandovia thought were 'terrifying', so they're pretty varied. Some might be classic horror monsters, others could be Scooby-Doo ghouls brought to life, and some could be creatures never before seen by our characters (as in they're from a region none of us has been to)

Definitely got your back on the funny moments. So many in my head right now I'm tempted to start giving them away before anything even happens.

A comedy??
Boy did I misread this room..

A comedy??
Boy did I misread this room..

Not so much comedy, more horror then that. But we need to keep things light occasionally, so a joke here and there is gonna help out

Love evil dead 2, but with the objectives and team and such wouldn't this really work out more like Angel?

Probably, but the primary focus would be more so on survival and the horror aspects of it. Comedy is just there to lighten the mood (especially since we can really mess with the dynamics of our characters, wherein they've all probably never met before).

If I'm getting you right, this is just a thing set in a persistent horror environment but it's not 100% about the horror. So the environment is probably the springboard for every kind of arc. Which makes it more of an over the top and maybe not quite as hardcore Walking Dead. If this is right, I see a romantic arc, have some inklings of a mystery arc which would work good with collecting objects quests (actually, having characters find out why the world is like this one step at a time), and starting to see a dramatic one.

Yeah, it can range from a multitude of arcs based on the world they live in and how diverse it can be.

Plus, there's the whole 'collect some artifacts to save the world' plot that will be employed a bit into the story, so really it's an adventure story with horror as the main theme.

OK, so a space somewhere between Angel and Walking Dead here. The cities exist, so that means the supernatural permeation is greater than Angel but less than Walking Dead. Cities are struggling to exist in the most infected areas. People trying to get out. Riots in cities caused be fear. There is still a mass media, but it may not be available in all areas. There's military involvement in places, martial law in places. Politics too. The more intelligent enemies are probably working within those human systems. There are cities that appear to be safe but actually are not. The supernatural enemies might even be battling each other in places. Is it like this?

This all helps me shape what limitations Belldandy should have, and how Keiichi gets from Japan to what would appear to be North America.

If we're doing comparisons world wide, this almost sounds more 'Last of Us'. Cities are there, but many either deserted.. Maybe some inhabited by gangs and warlords. Some cities are under strict martial law, some under totally military control. And there are the cities that are either uninhabited or overrun with the evil. Does this sound accurate? We're almost going to be doing a slice of life thing, right? How these characters interact with one another and the world they are forced into

This feels like it is taking a long time, and I don't understand. Is this normally how things go on Iwaku, or is something wrong?

Nothing's wrong, I think there's just a lot of ideas being thrown around and I'm trying to consider them all. Plus, there seems to be some character issues, but I've been working on the OoC in the background. It should be up soon, but I wanted to make sure we were all ready to go before I launched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.