Fandomstuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute, I like Homestuck's persona. He seems to be a lime blood, very cool. And his horns are cute. I should just put a pic.

45a2ce709f4015607e8f5fa05393867a.jpg

Reactions: Indabayou
Gah, I love fandomstuck homestuck (especially their blackrom with Supernatural and moirallegiance with Hetalia. So cute!)

have you seen their godtier video? Tears.

WHAAAT why did you show me this HOW DARE YOU i cannot even I love that voice acting though very on par

EDIT: he's a hero of space! Awesome. What class though, do you know?

WHAAAT why did you show me this HOW DARE YOU i cannot even I love that voice acting though very on par

EDIT: he's a hero of space! Awesome. What class though, do you know?
I know, right?

And according to the wiki page (I didn't even know they had one until last night :O ) Homestuck is a Prince of Space.

That is adorable. Can you link me the wiki page?
Of course, here ya go!

Some of the pages aren't filled and there are seperate ones for the characters as they appeared in the rp they came from, so watch for that.

Update: Gwazi has informed me that he's been at a friend's house and won't be online much until tomorrow night.

Once he's online and I hear his opinions, though, I'll probably start working on the OOC.

*Reads over OOC*

Ok I'm here.
But I'm not entirely sure what it is exactly my opinion is wanted for.
As in, I'm not 100% sure what's even being discussed.

I know Doctor Who, Sherlock and Dragon Age. But this Fridge Horror and Homestuck stuff is completely foreign territory for me. :/
But I'm gathering you guys are getting plot points and more fandoms together? If so go ahead, don't let me stop you. RP's are all about group creativity after all.

*Reads over OOC*

Ok I'm here.
But I'm not entirely sure what it is exactly my opinion is wanted for.
As in, I'm not 100% sure what's even being discussed.

I know Doctor Who, Sherlock and Dragon Age. But this Fridge Horror and Homestuck stuff is completely foreign territory for me. :/
But I'm gathering you guys are getting plot points and more fandoms together? If so go ahead, don't let me stop you. RP's are all about group creativity after all.
I wanted to know your opinion on big group stuff (like the sort of world this will be set in and what the plot (if any) might be - you know, anything I mentioned in the OP that I was still unsure about). You don't need to be familiar with Fandoms that you don't know since that's up to each RPer playing those Fandoms to know about. (You especially don't need to worry about Homestuck, since I already stated that the RP won't have a Homestuck-based plot like Fandomstuck usually does.) We were just discussing plans for our individual characters to make conversation while we waited. So yeah, feel free to read through the OP and maybe the first page or two and just give me your opinion on the big stuff.

Also I kind of just wanted to confirm that you were still in on the idea and you still wanted to play the Sherlock Fandom.

Last edited:
To make things a bit easier for you:

I said:
I was also thinking of making them effectively immortal so long as fans still exist, but, depending on the direction this RP goes in, I'm not sure about that one. I mean, if they run into some kind of danger at some point, making them all immortal kind of makes it impossible to have any real stakes.

I said:
Which brings me to: plot. I'm really not sure what to do here. I kind of like the idea of the Fandoms having to fight back against each other's villains and things, but I'm not sure. Maybe said villains could try to attack the real world, and the Fandoms have to defend the creators and fans that gave them life? It's an interesting idea but I'm not totally sure how I feel about it.

Additionally, this could just as easily be somewhat of a sandbox RP, where the Fandoms just get into all sorts of shenanigans with each other and we see where it goes from there.

I said:
Idea: What if the idea that all the evils of a particular series are also real is new to the Fandoms?

Like... what if they start out as happy little Fandoms, goofing around and doing whatever with magic and bending and whatever else they have to play around with, and then their respective evils start to become a threat? I can easily imagine a lot of the Fandoms feeling like they won't be able to defeat whatever's coming after them on account of the fact that they aren't actually whatever characters they model themselves after, thus leading them to team up and use their combined talents to fight each others' evils…

Indabayou said:
I like the idea of this. It's almost like deities (especially the ones from the discworld series), how they get their existence and power from believers/followers. If you're still thinking about possible villains, maybe a good one would be the usual threats to fandoms- losing followers (sometimes to other fandoms), bad fans (warped ideals corrupting them, really bad fanfic, etc), or "haters" of the fandoms trying to destroy them.

^ This idea in particular I like, but I'm not sure how to make it work practically.

I skimmed through the OOC and compiled a list of everything I'm still really unsure about. Feel free to comment on these if you have any ideas. If not... eh well. I'll figure it out. And if we can't think of a plot, I'll probably go for a more sandbox-esque angle and just see where things go.

Also feel free to post any other questions/comments/concerns that you can think of.

Yes I'm still interested :P
Also, I re-read the OP and it seems reading through a second time made things a lot more clear.
I think my brain just got a bit frazzled the first time when bombarded with all the fandoms at once.

I mean, if they run into some kind of danger at some point, making them all immortal kind of makes it impossible to have any real stakes.
We can say they don't die from old age or sickness (unless if they lose their fans).
But any violent/forced death like a bullet to the head will still kill them, and is manifested in the real world as something such as say a writers block, show cancellation *cough*firefly*cough* etc.
Well, I was thinking that at least part of this RP has to be connected to the real world. After all, that's where each series is from, and each Fandom is still a fan who follows their series devoutly. So it's possible that the RP could (at least partially) be set in the real world, where the Fandoms exist but sort of have to keep themselves hidden (because a fez-wearing man stepping out of a police box that loudly materialized out of nowhere would probably cause somewhat of a ruckus if any fans noticed).

Additionally, though, I was thinking there could be some sort of… place, where all the Fandoms can meet up together in their own little world, like a pocket dimension or something, and they could go between this place and the real world at will. There were a lot of forms I was thinking it could take. Maybe they all live in one big apartment building or other complex together? Or maybe there's a city or town like "Fandom Square" or something, where they all mingle together in one conglomerate-looking city where each one sort of has a slice of their own world?
This might be the Telltale's Wolf Among Us fan within me speaking, but I personally prefer the idea of a town.
A town offers more space, room and community so characters (and players) are more able/free to roleplay, explore, do their own thing etc. without having to suddenly disguise themselves in front of everyday humans.

Maybe call it fandom-town?
Speaking of "their own worlds", there was also the passing thought that each Fandom has access to the canon of their own world as a full universe, but that seems like it would get confusing, especially if their world still exists as fiction elsewhere. Still, I think it would be cool if the creatures and villains from their respective worlds could become relevant from time to time and come into contact with the other Fandoms, and the idea that each Fandom has their own separate universe to run away to would at least explain where all these creatures are coming from (I can easily picture Doctor Who running around in a panic with tally marks all over his face and arms, screaming about how he accidentally let some aliens out and no one has any idea what he's talking about). If they don't have their own little universes, then the only other explanation I could have for such creatures and villains existing is simply that they sort of come into being the same way the Fandoms do, just because the Fandoms are around. It's like these sorts of things follow them around, which makes sense if they represent the spirit of their respective shows/games/etc. (That was probably a really shitty explanation. Feel free to ask about the parts that didn't make sense.)
If they're connected to canon universes it would ask questions such as why isn't the real Doctor showing up and helping?

Enemies/villian's might be able to be a thing without it though. They're just manifestations of elements/pressures against the show.
Or maybe they're an essential life blood to the fandoms, and only by engaging them can the fandom's themselves continue to survive?

A bit like how in Madoka Magicka the Magical Girls need to feed on the witch's Grief seeds to live.
But theoretically speaking, if they could live forever if they don't get into Grief/emotion and simply continue to live off said seeds.
But the danger they face by fighting said witches (In this RP's case, villains like Moriarty, Daleks, Darkspawn etc.) are dangerous enough that they are basically guaranteed a shorter life expectancy.
Additionally, this could just as easily be somewhat of a sandbox RP, where the Fandoms just get into all sorts of shenanigans with each other and we see where it goes from there.
Personally I find sandbox RP's tend to do the best, because it allows players to all contribute more, be more involved, create their own adventures without direct GM supervision etc.
But it has the cost/requirement of players being active, engaged and taking initiative already. So I'd suggest start it off with a set plot/story to be told/followed by the players, but then slowly open it up to be more free-roam/sandbox like as the players get more invested/involved.

Idea: What if the idea that all the evils of a particular series are also real is new to the Fandoms?

Like... what if they start out as happy little Fandoms, goofing around and doing whatever with magic and bending and whatever else they have to play around with, and then their respective evils start to become a threat? I can easily imagine a lot of the Fandoms feeling like they won't be able to defeat whatever's coming after them on account of the fact that they aren't actually whatever characters they model themselves after, thus leading them to team up and use their combined talents to fight each others' evils…
I got Ninja'd by the spoiler guide it seems.
Though most of it tends to be stuff I tackled in the OP response anyways, but this part specifically is something I have yet to address.

This idea does work as well. Though we still need an explanation as for what they are, where I still think incarnations of things such as writers block, bad fanfic etc. may be the best.
As a way to explain why they're a threat to the actual fandom, and at the same time not have to deal issues such as "Where's the real Doctor?".

But I do agree that the villains should be powerful enough that the fandoms need to work together.
Otherwise it's basically a bunch of 1x1's being mish mashed into one topic/forum.

We can say they don't die from old age or sickness (unless if they lose their fans).
But any violent/forced death like a bullet to the head will still kill them, and is manifested in the real world as something such as say a writers block, show cancellation *cough*firefly*cough* etc.

I agree with everything here except for that last bit. It doesn't make sense that cancellation would kill a Fandom character, not just because the real-world fandom would still exist but also because there could theoretically be a lot of Fandoms in this RP that aren't currently running series. Also Doctor Who's already been cancelled before - twice if you count the 1996 failed reboot. I suppose in his particular case you could make the argument that he regenerated (even though said regenerations would've come a decade late each time so that still doesn't make a ton of sense), but it doesn't work as well for other Fandoms who would've gone through similar problems.

Really if the Fandoms have to deal with each other's evils, then it makes sense that violent deaths could still potentially kill them even without any real-world equivalent to back it up.

This might be the Telltale's Wolf Among Us fan within me speaking, but I personally prefer the idea of a town.
A town offers more space, room and community so characters (and players) are more able/free to roleplay, explore, do their own thing etc. without having to suddenly disguise themselves in front of everyday humans.

Maybe call it fandom-town?

Yeah, I'm really liking the town idea. "Fandom Square" could be a good name.

If they're connected to canon universes it would ask questions such as why isn't the real Doctor showing up and helping?

That's a very good point.

Enemies/villian's might be able to be a thing without it though. They're just manifestations of elements/pressures against the show.
Or maybe they're an essential life blood to the fandoms, and only by engaging them can the fandom's themselves continue to survive?

That's sort of what I was thinking we could do if the canon universes idea was scrapped (which it is, now). I'm glad that idea makes sense to other people.

A bit like how in Madoka Magicka the Magical Girls need to feed on the witch's Grief seeds to live.
But theoretically speaking, if they could live forever if they don't get into Grief/emotion and simply continue to live off said seeds.
But the danger they face by fighting said witches (In this RP's case, villains like Moriarty, Daleks, Darkspawn etc.) are dangerous enough that they are basically guaranteed a shorter life expectancy.

I'm a little bit confused by this last bit, though.

Personally I find sandbox RP's tend to do the best, because it allows players to all contribute more, be more involved, create their own adventures without direct GM supervision etc.
But it has the cost/requirement of players being active, engaged and taking initiative already. So I'd suggest start it off with a set plot/story to be told/followed by the players, but then slowly open it up to be more free-roam/sandbox like as the players get more invested/involved.

Now that you mention this, I think a sandbox will work out just fine, especially with how active Inda and Cephalo have been already. :P I'll add some more GM-guided plot-like elements if things get a little bit stagnant, though.

I got Ninja'd by the spoiler guide it seems.
Though most of it tends to be stuff I tackled in the OP response anyways, but this part specifically is something I have yet to address.

This idea does work as well. Though we still need an explanation as for what they are, where I still think incarnations of things such as writers block, bad fanfic etc. may be the best.
As a way to explain why they're a threat to the actual fandom, and at the same time not have to deal issues such as "Where's the real Doctor?".

But I do agree that the villains should be powerful enough that the fandoms need to work together.
Otherwise it's basically a bunch of 1x1's being mish mashed into one topic/forum.

Ooh, that's good. It essentially combines the real-world "evils" with the canon-specific evils. And I like that!

Also, am I the only one who can easily picture Moriarty serving as a consulting criminal for all the other series' villains, crafting their evil plans for them? XD

I agree with everything here except for that last bit. It doesn't make sense that cancellation would kill a Fandom character, not just because the real-world fandom would still exist but also because there could theoretically be a lot of Fandoms in this RP that aren't currently running series. Also Doctor Who's already been cancelled before - twice if you count the 1996 failed reboot. I suppose in his particular case you could make the argument that he regenerated (even though said regenerations would've come a decade late each time so that still doesn't make a ton of sense), but it doesn't work as well for other Fandoms who would've gone through similar problems.
Good point.
Yeah, I'm really liking the town idea. "Fandom Square" could be a good name.
That works too. :P
I'm a little bit confused by this last bit, though.
I kind of did describe that in a way that only people who've seen the anime would have been able to follow it didn't I? :P

Now that you mention this, I think a sandbox will work out just fine, especially with how active Inda and Cephalo have been already. :P I'll add some more GM-guided plot-like elements if things get a little bit stagnant, though.
You're the one who knows these people, not me. :P
I was just giving advice according to how I normally see roleplays and roleplayers work on big generalized RP sites such as Iwaku and the Guild.

Also, am I the only one who can easily picture Moriarty serving as a consulting criminal for all the other series' villains, crafting their evil plans for them? XD
I'm more picturing Moriarty and John Simm Master working together for something truly genius and diabolical. XD

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
I'm more picturing Moriarty and John Simm Master working together for something truly genius and diabolical. XD
That is the most brilliant thing.

Especially since each one would probably be thinking that they sort of own and control the other one.

I kind of did describe that in a way that only people who've seen the anime would have been able to follow it didn't I? :P
I say this, and then completely forget to clarify because I have Moriarty/Master imagined in my head. XD

Clarifcation: Basically the fandoms are immortal in the sense they can walk around and live forever.
But to do so they require a sort of 'food' which they only gain by taking on fandom villains/antagonists.

Essentially, they need the villains in order to survive. No conflict = no show, no show = no fandom.

That is the most brilliant thing.

Especially since each one would probably be thinking that they sort of own and control the other one.
They would. But fact it, we all know the Master is in control. He's a freaking Time Lord. XD

I have no idea why they didn't make a crossover with these two against Sherlock and the Doctor.
That would have just been the greatest creation in all of human history... XD

I say this, and then completely forget to clarify because I have Moriarty/Master imagined in my head. XD

Clarifcation: Basically the fandoms are immortal in the sense they can walk around and live forever.
But to do so they require a sort of 'food' which they only gain by taking on fandom villains/antagonists.

Essentially, they need the villains in order to survive. No conflict = no show, no show = no fandom.

Huh. o.o That's a very interesting way of looking at that. I like it!

They would. But fact it, we all know the Master is in control. He's a freaking Time Lord. XD

I dunno, I'm somewhat convinced that Moriarty's intellect is enough to measure up against a Time Lord. Also, like the Master, Moriarty can also inexplicably come back to life APPARENTLY.

So yeah they'd probably both have enough hold over each other to wind up in some sort of stalemate.

I have no idea why they didn't make a crossover with these two against Sherlock and the Doctor.
That would have just been the greatest creation in all of human history... XD

Well, now we have that! Sort of.

Except instead of Sherlock Holmes we have the Sherlock Fandom. And... instead of the actual Doctor we have Doctor Who - whose first instinct would probably be to hide behind a couch upon seeing Sherlock get a text that causes "I Can't Decide" to start playing.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I dunno, I'm somewhat convinced that Moriarty's intellect is enough to measure up against a Time Lord. Also, like the Master, Moriarty can also inexplicably come back to life APPARENTLY.

So yeah they'd probably both have enough hold over each other to wind up in some sort of stalemate.
Yea, probably. :/
Though I wonder how Moriarty would compete with an entire planet's worth of human-converted drones.
Well, now we have that! Sort of.

Except instead of Sherlock Holmes we have the Sherlock Fandom. And... instead of the actual Doctor we have Doctor Who - whose first instinct would probably be to hide behind a couch upon seeing Sherlock get a text that causes "I Can't Decide" to start playing.

We do! :P

Though what causes the Doctor to hide?
Does the moaning sound that Sherlock's phone make scare him? :P

Though what causes the Doctor to hide?
Does the moaning sound that Sherlock's phone make scare him? :P

"I Can't Decide" would imply that the Master's involved (since he famously danced and sang along to it in that one episode), and if he already vaguely understands from Sherlock that Moriarty is dangerous... yeah.

Also there's a running joke in the Doctor Who fandom that the show is so scary sometimes, that kids will watch from behind the couch. ...Although that running joke got started in the Classic era and isn't as widely-used anymore so I seriously showed off my nerdiness in referencing it, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.