What, you don't have own buttons for accent letters? Eh, I guess it's my European keyboard.

Yeah, European keyboards have a lot more accent marks on them. XD

American keyboards have... really no accent marks, because THIS IS 'MURICAH, LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER.

So if you want to type accents, you have to use alt codes.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword And one of my favorite things to note when comparing European to American keyboards is that, for both of them, shift+3 is a pound sign.

But they're totally different symbols.

On European keyboards, shift+3 is the sign for British currency. On American keyboards, shift+3 is that thing that the kids call a "hashtag" these days.

But they're in the same place, and they can both be called "pound signs". :P

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword And one of my favorite things to note when comparing European to American keyboards is that, for both of them, shift+3 is a pound sign.

But they're totally different symbols.

On European keyboards, shift+3 is the sign for British currency. On American keyboards, shift+3 is that thing that the kids call a "hashtag" these days.

But they're in the same place, and they can both be called "pound signs". :P
Well, on my keyboard specifically, shift+3 gives hash, #, but alt gr+3 gives pound, £.

It appears there are variations within Europe as well.

Aside from the qwerty/qwertz difference.

You know the American healthcare system is fucked up when the whole premise of money being more important than human lives gets turned into a Doctor Who episode and, despite it being taken to an obvious extreme, you're still sitting there thinking,

"Yeah, nothing about this is unrealistic. This totally looks like a thing that could really happen."

ALSO
The Doctor's blind now. And he's all like "I'll never see anything ever again"

And I'm just like

"Dude, quit being so dramatic. You'll get a new pair of eyes before the start of the next season."

You know the American healthcare system is fucked up when the whole premise of money being more important than human lives gets turned into a Doctor Who episode and, despite it being taken to an obvious extreme, you're still sitting there thinking,

"Yeah, nothing about this is unrealistic. This totally looks like a thing that could really happen."

ALSO
The Doctor's blind now. And he's all like "I'll never see anything ever again"

And I'm just like

"Dude, quit being so dramatic. You'll get a new pair of eyes before the start of the next season."
Honestly, I deal with going from doctor to doctor all the time because of healthcare stuff.

Seriously, having major depressive disorder, I need a therapist. But whenever I get commfortable with one, it's "(company) here is doing a thing"

It sucks.

*astonished whisper* ...You mean you don't use qwerty in Europe?
I mean, I know I do, but if I remember correctly, some places don't.

"Wait, I got it. He meets a bee, that bangs his arm, and honeyjaculates a new one!"
- JelloApocalypse, parodying Adventure Time plot writers

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
@Kagayours
So, yeah. I read up on the IC, so now I'm just waiting for the perfect time to jump in without it being awkward. Yey.

@Kagayours
So, yeah. I read up on the IC, so now I'm just waiting for the perfect time to jump in without it being awkward. Yey.

:/ I already said that now would be a good time to throw SPG in with that one group, unless you disagree... If so, please elaborate, so that we don't get stuck on an endless loop of us posting and the timing still never feeling right.

"Wait, I got it. He meets a bee, that bangs his arm, and honeyjaculates a new one!"
- JelloApocalypse, parodying Adventure Time plot writers

...Well no, I was just referring to the fact that regeneration is a thing.

So, if the Doctor acquires any sort of "permanent" physical ailment... well, it's only "permanent" until he gets a new body entirely. Which will happen before the end of this year. :P

So, unlike what happened with Adventure Time, the writers don't even need to pull any ridiculous sci-fi/magic nonsense to heal him. :P

*astonished whisper* ...You mean you don't use qwerty in Europe?

Originally, Dutch people used AZERTY (Which, aside from the obvious letter swapping, also used a completely different layout for interpunction and other grammatical symbols). Eventually though, the US QWERTY layout became so standard that we pretty much adopted that (down to the point that there's no designated € key; instead, we have to either use Ctrl + Alt + 5 or copy-paste the thing from somewhere else). I do know that other nations tend to be a bit more stubborn though, especially if the nations in question uses lots of special letters like ß and whatnot.

Originally, Dutch people used AZERTY (Which, aside from the obvious letter swapping, also used a completely different layout for interpunction and other grammatical symbols). Eventually though, the US QWERTY layout became so standard that we pretty much adopted that (down to the point that there's no designated € key; instead, we have to either use Ctrl + Alt + 5 or copy-paste the thing from somewhere else). I do know that other nations tend to be a bit more stubborn though, especially if the nations in question uses lots of special letters like ß and whatnot.

I mean

Having your own layout for special characters makes sense

But like

For your standard 26 letters...

I just assumed everyone used qwerty....

ALSO this reminds me of how my roommate talks about how she loves typing words like "liberty", "poverty", "puberty", and anything else that ends in "erty", because those letters are all lined up in a row and apparently she just finds it really satisfying to go right down the line like that. But that's probably only because she never learned proper typing and just punches the letters in one-by-one like some barbarian.

But that's probably only because she never learned proper typing and just punches the letters in one-by-one like some barbarian.

I don't use proper typing either. It bugs me a lot. I prefer the one by one method and can speed post as opposed to setting things up and being proper.

I mean

Having your own layout for special characters makes sense

But like

For your standard 26 letters...

I just assumed everyone used qwerty....
[snip]

Nope; there's also AZERTY (Old Dutch layout, like mentioned before; it's also still used in parts of Belgium and France, amongst other places); QWERTZ (Germany) Dvorak (Not named after a key layout, but rather after its inventor), JCUKEN (Or rather ЙІУКЕН. Three guesses where that is used) and a bunch of other things that I'm too lazy to search/copy for.

:/ I already said that now would be a good time to throw SPG in with that one group, unless you disagree... If so, please elaborate, so that we don't get stuck on an endless loop of us posting and the timing still never feeling right.
Never mind, forget what I said.

Just me being blonde again.

I don't use proper typing either. It bugs me a lot. I prefer the one by one method and can speed post as opposed to setting things up and being proper.

But... if you learn how to do it the "proper" way... it is a lot faster. A single finger (or even two), moving from key to key, can only travel so quickly.

When people see me typing they're like "WOW, SO FAST" and I'm like "yeah, the home row is one hell of a drug"

Also,

She recognized Soul Eater and Black Butler, Doctor Who ((Animorphs, I guess?)) but that was about it.

Is this bit purely OOC or is it part of the narrative?

If you're confused on what's happening: technically it is Animorphs, but SPG wouldn't know that unless she's reeeeaal perceptive*, because he used his morphing powers to disguise himself as Doctor Who, and so far no one has figured out that it isn't really him.

*never mind the fact that Animorphs isn't exactly hugely popular and that SPG probably wouldn't have much of a reason to know who he is in the first place -- and that most fandoms who did know him think that he's dead now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@ArsenicArachnid Also, this isn't a big deal for right now (so I'm not going to make you edit it or anything), but, in the future, just be sure to provide a bit more to react to in each IC post. I guess technically appearing on the scene is a thing to react to, but, in general, making a post that only says "and then [character] watched what was happening" and re-states everything that happened but doesn't add anything new, isn't very good for keeping things moving.

@Kagayours That would be true,however 9 times out of 10 I can type without looking. I instictively know where is every key on the keyboard is and can speed post with the best of them.

@Kagayours That would be true,however 9 times out of 10 I can type without looking. I instictively know where is every key on the keyboard is and can speed post with the best of them.

:/ My point had nothing to do with not looking at the keyboard. Just, how fast your fingers can move...

But, whatever, I didn't mean to make a debate out of it.

Question for @Raven:

Sorry to ask about a post that you made over two months ago (I'm still catching up after the long semester...), but, in this post, you said that TT shifted into a bear, then a hummingbird, and then (I thought) back into her original form. But then according to Neobendium's reply, TT stopped at hummingbird and then just sort of flew off (or at least, that's TLC's interpretation of what happened).

So, was I correct in interpreting your post as saying that TT did change back to her usual form? Or did you only say that TT turned into a hummingbird with the intention of flying to safety and then changing back, like how @neobendium seems to have interpreted it?