EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS GODDAMN THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE A COOLTRAINER DITTO ON MY CARTRIDGE COPY OF POKEMON RED. COOLTRAINER DITTO IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GLITCHES. BUT IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME THAT CATCHING THE OPPONENT POKEMON WHILE THE GLITCH IS HAPPENING WOULD CAUSE IT TO BECOME A DIFFERENT POKEMON AND THAT THE SPECIES AND LEVEL OF THE POKEMON I GET AS A RESULT WILL DEPEND ON THE MAP TILES THAT WERE AT SPECIFIC PLACES ON THE SCREEN WHERE I WAS STANDING WHEN I LAST USED FLY.

Most of the stuff that ZZAZZ does is all technically possible to perform on a cartridge copy but way too complex to easily try out most of this stuff for myself. Even with an emulator, most of the stuff he does is just... not easy at all.

But I already have a cooltrainer Ditto.

And all I have to do is go stand in a nice-looking spot, fly to Vermillion, walk to Digglet Cave, get into a battle, let my Ditto do its thing, and then, instead of being mesmerized by the glitchy effects, I can remember that I still have control over the battle menu, and that I am capable of throwing a ball -- and then catch the thing, which will suddenly not be a Ditto, all because I stood in a nice spot before flying.

Edit: AND I REALLY WANT TO TEST IT OUT FOR MYSELF BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE THE LINK IN THE DESCRIPTION THAT'S SUPPOSED TO TELL ME WHAT-MAP-TILE-CORRESPONDS-TO-WHAT IS BROKEN.

And I would experiment for myself but the existence of glitch pokemon with save-data-erasing capabilities makes me a bit hesitant to leave it all up to luck.

Last edited:
Doctor Who lore is so weird because it's just so... long. There are so many things that have happened, and most of them are kind of brushed under the rug and never talked about again and sometimes arguably just straight-up retconned as things happen in later episodes that completely contradict the earlier ones. But they still happened.

And then sometimes I just lie awake at night thinking

"The TARDIS literally ate the Master. That happened once."

Hey, so I'm kind of a newbie to this website and was wondering if I could join this RP. I already have a character I'd like to use, too.

Hey, so I'm kind of a newbie to this website and was wondering if I could join this RP. I already have a character I'd like to use, too.
This RP is always open! ^^ Although I should clarify that the player characters in this RP aren't canon characters -- only personifications of entire fandoms.

Thanks for messenging me back, and thanks for letting me know. Is the Steam Powered Giraffe fandom avalable?

Thanks for messenging me back, and thanks for letting me know. Is the Steam Powered Giraffe fandom avalable?
Yes, it is. ^^ Would you like me to put that on the reserve list?

Yes Please~ Should I put up her description now? (◕‿◕✿) I already have it ready.

Sure thing!
Name: Steam Powered Giraffe ((Goes by SPG))
Appearance: Steam Powered Giraffe is a ginger with heterochromia and a thing for mustaches. Similar to homestuck, the robot make-up in her face and neck aren't real. She wears black trousers that, for some reason reach to below her breasts, with suspenders to hold them up. She wears a black tee-shirt with her band's logo on them. Ocasionally she'll wear another shirt just like it, but the logo's a rainbow.
Personality: SPG is a very optimistic young lady. She's pretty young, being born in 2008. Steam Powered Giraffe tries her best to understand people and is generally empathetic towards people. SPG like doing anything any normal girl likes to do. This includes but is not limited to: brushing her hare (literally a hare), watching romantic comedies, and contemplating the very existance of life itself. However, SPG sometimes goes the depressed phases which she often copes with by writing music. SPG is a procratinator who over-analyzes things to death.
Abilities and Equipment: A megaphone, a minutature steam powered giraffe.
Home: A nice little Victorian house with a lawn littered with shoes. Her baby giraffe can be seen roaming the front yard, normally wearing a hat. Inside of the house there's lots of bath soaps and gears.
Quirks: Never goes outside without shoes, "The blood sucking toe biters will get you." Sometimes she stutters.

I hope this is okay.

Reactions: Takumi
a minutature steam powered giraffe.
Is this a literal steam-powered giraffe or does it refer to something else? (And would it be possible to include a picture for it?)

Other than that, this looks good. Just wanted to clear up that one possible source of confusion.

That feeling when you wake up in the morning and are getting ready when,

1. You open the fridge to have thirty eggs fall on top of you because someone didn't put the egg container back. IT.GOT.EVERYWHERE. (and is still everywhere. I guess I'll see if this salt trick everyone is talking about works...God I hope it does)
And
2. All transport companies have suddenly without much warning all gone on strike. So fuck you if you need to use the train to get anywhere.

Is this a literal steam-powered giraffe or does it refer to something else? (And would it be possible to include a picture for it?)

Other than that, this looks good. Just wanted to clear up that one possible source of confusion.
Yes, SPG does own a literal steam-powered giraffe- and I do have a picture of both my character and the giraffe.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/e0bf6ac8d6227924a6a81b1837325f71/tumblr_mhtv5ei6ph1s5qo8oo1_500.jpg

http://orig09.deviantart.net/4ef9/f/2013/298/1/3/steam_powered_giraffe_by_tincrash-d6rr7f2.jpg
gg_the_giraffe__gif__by_rentham-d87a75o.png

Appearance: Steam Powered Giraffe is a ginger with heterochromia and a thing for mustaches. Similar to homestuck, the robot make-up in her face and neck aren't real. She wears black trousers that, for some reason reach to below her breasts, with suspenders to hold them up. She wears a black tee-shirt with her band's logo on them. Ocasionally she'll wear another shirt just like it, but the logo's a rainbow. Personality: SPG is a very optimistic young lady. She's pretty young, being born in 2008. Steam Powered Giraffe tries her best to understand people and is generally empathetic towards people. SPG like doing anything any normal girl likes to do. This includes but is not limited to: brushing her hare (literally a hare), watching romantic comedies, and contemplating the very existance of life itself. However, SPG sometimes goes the depressed phases which she often copes with by writing music. SPG is a procratinator who over-analyzes things to death.
Home: A nice little Victorian house with a lawn littered with shoes. Her baby giraffe can be seen roaming the front yard, normally wearing a hat. Inside of the house there's lots of bath soaps and gears. Quirks: Never goes outside without shoes, "The blood sucking toe biters will get you." Sometimes she stutters.
Other: SPG is a street preformer, doing phantomime and singing.

I'm sorry if I didn't edit this good enough.

Appearance: Steam Powered Giraffe is a ginger with heterochromia and a thing for mustaches. Similar to homestuck, the robot make-up in her face and neck aren't real. She wears black trousers that, for some reason reach to below her breasts, with suspenders to hold them up. She wears a black tee-shirt with her band's logo on them. Ocasionally she'll wear another shirt just like it, but the logo's a rainbow. Personality: SPG is a very optimistic young lady. She's pretty young, being born in 2008. Steam Powered Giraffe tries her best to understand people and is generally empathetic towards people. SPG like doing anything any normal girl likes to do. This includes but is not limited to: brushing her hare (literally a hare), watching romantic comedies, and contemplating the very existance of life itself. However, SPG sometimes goes the depressed phases which she often copes with by writing music. SPG is a procratinator who over-analyzes things to death.
Home: A nice little Victorian house with a lawn littered with shoes. Her baby giraffe can be seen roaming the front yard, normally wearing a hat. Inside of the house there's lots of bath soaps and gears. Quirks: Never goes outside without shoes, "The blood sucking toe biters will get you." Sometimes she stutters.
Other: SPG is a street preformer, doing phantomime and singing.

I'm sorry if I didn't edit this good enough.
o3o You put the image URLs in the wrong place. The code should be [spoiler*=name of spoiler]content within spoiler (in this case, the images)[/spoiler] The way you currently have the code just makes it so that the spoiler is labeled as the image URL -- and inside the spoiler, there is nothing.

Also, in order to actually embed the image code, you would use the [img*] brackets. So in the end it would be [spoiler*=label of spoiler][img*]image url[/img][/spoiler]

OR you could use the spoilerbb code. It does basically the exact same thing as the regular spoiler code, except that the regular spoiler code shrinks images down to super-small size. (And, I mean, you can click to see them full-size, but then that means that a super-huge image will always be either super-huge or super-small with no reasonable in-between.) Spoilerbb code always makes images a fairly reasonable size, at least for a spoiler'ed image. The spoilerbb code works like [spoilerbb*=spoiler name]content within spoiler[/spoilerbb]

You also don't have to put names on the spoilers if you don't want to -- in which case, it would just be [spoilerbb*][img*]image url[/img][/spoilerbb]

OR you could just leave out the spoiler code entirely. Unless your images are absolutely gigantic, I don't think that spoiler codes are super necessary. So if you're not using spoilers, then you would just use the image code ([img*]image url[/img]).

Does that make sense? o3o

o3o You put the image URLs in the wrong place. The code should be [spoiler*=name of spoiler]content within spoiler (in this case, the images)[/spoiler] The way you currently have the code just makes it so that the spoiler is labeled as the image URL -- and inside the spoiler, there is nothing.

Also, in order to actually embed the image code, you would use the [img*] brackets. So in the end it would be [spoiler*=label of spoiler][img*]image url[/img][/spoiler]

OR you could use the spoilerbb code. It does basically the exact same thing as the regular spoiler code, except that the regular spoiler code shrinks images down to super-small size. (And, I mean, you can click to see them full-size, but then that means that a super-huge image will always be either super-huge or super-small with no reasonable in-between.) Spoilerbb code always makes images a fairly reasonable size, at least for a spoiler'ed image. The spoilerbb code works like [spoilerbb*=spoiler name]content within spoiler[/spoilerbb]

You also don't have to put names on the spoilers if you don't want to -- in which case, it would just be [spoilerbb*][img*]image url[/img][/spoilerbb]

OR you could just leave out the spoiler code entirely. Unless your images are absolutely gigantic, I don't think that spoiler codes are super necessary. So if you're not using spoilers, then you would just use the image code ([img*]image url[/img]).

Does that make sense? o3o
Omigosh thank you for the advice. It does make sense and thank you for the help.

Once again, let me know when you're finished editing. ^^

Ok, so, I've been hearing for a while that season 10 of Doctor Who will feature the show's first openly gay companion (like, full time companion -- not counting sorta-companions like Captain Jack, I guess, otherwise that distinction would go to him). That's pretty cool news just on its own.

But it gets even better.

The companion's name is Bill.

Her girlfriend's name is Heather.

The First Doctor was played by William Hartnell (nicknamed Bill). His wife's name was Heather. The new companion and her girlfriend are named after them.

This information makes me a happy Kag. :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Neobullseye