Also, I'll post for Touhou soon-ish.

IT'S FRIDAY, FRIDAY, GOTTA GET DOWN (to Walmart, because it's the only day of the week where catching a bus to run some errands is feasible with my schedule) ON FRIDAY.

• Love
Reactions: Rithas and Takumi
IT'S FRIDAY, FRIDAY, GOTTA GET DOWN (to Walmart, because it's the only day of the week where catching a bus to run some errands is feasible with my schedule) ON FRIDAY.
...Okay then?

In other and completely unrelated news; guess who got a NES Mini for his birthday (almost three months late, but eh, details)? ^_^

In other and completely unrelated news; guess who got a NES Mini for his birthday (almost three months late, but eh, details)? ^_^
Hooray for Smol Maro and Frens.

I'm very tired.

Reactions: Takumi
@Kagayours @neobendium @others in the bird group

Hey, so I'm just now getting time to try and catch up on 1x1s and group RPs. There's been some family stuff going on along with dealing with school. I just now caught up on my school work so yeah. The family thing is one of my close family members is sick and in the hospital so I'm not sure how often I'll be on.

Hopefully, I can catch up and post soon. And if your now waiting on my post know I'll try and be caught up to post by this weekend.

Reactions: noodle
@Kagayours @neobendium @others in the bird group

Hey, so I'm just now getting time to try and catch up on 1x1s and group RPs. There's been some family stuff going on along with dealing with school. I just now caught up on my school work so yeah. The family thing is one of my close family members is sick and in the hospital so I'm not sure how often I'll be on.

Hopefully, I can catch up and post soon. And if your now waiting on my post know I'll try and be caught up to post by this weekend.
o_o Don't worry about it. The bird group was stuck waiting for me up until... yesterday. It only just rolled back around to your turn. So uh... no need to rush. ^^"

You always seem to be so worried about holding us up, but like, we're a pretty slow group, and you're probably one of our fastest posters (every time it rolls around to your turn, that is). So, don't worry about it. Obviously real life comes first -- and there probably won't be too many issues if we even fall on the bottom of your RP priority list, on top of that. XD

Reactions: Raven
So.

Most Pokemon R/B/Y glitches happen as a result of causing the game to attempt to read some chunk of data as something completely different than what it's supposed to be. For example: attempting to read the data that makes up the characters in your trainer's name as the data that dictates what species/level the wild pokemon should be in a certain area, resulting in nonsensical wild pokemon encounters (which is what causes the classic Missingno encounter method on the coast of Cinnibar Island). Or, reading the stats of the last pokemon you fought as the data that determines the species/level of the pokemon that you're about to encounter (which is how the Mew glitch works).

And it makes sense that weird-ass shit would happen from making the game read data that is completely nonsensical in the context it's trying to read it in. But the effects of these glitches are still limited based on what that unrelated data can be to begin with. The effects of the Cinnibar island glitch are well-known and well-studied because there are only so many different characters that you can use to name your trainer, and you can easily look up exactly what species/level of pokemon the glitch will give you based on the name that you entered. Same goes for the Mew glitch in regards to the last pokemon you fought. There are only so many values that that data can be.

But apparently, there exists a glitch item (B1F) that causes the game to read your Hall of Fame data and execute that as an item effect. And this would be limited by the same constraints as the other glitches I mentioned, except -- HOW CONVENIENT -- our old pal Missingno corrupts Hall of Fame data, effectively meaning that all the values in that part of the game's memory are completely randomized every time you encounter Missingno, and that B1F's effects are consequently also randomized. You're no longer limited by the range of values that make up valid pokemon data or even glitch pokemon data. The game is reading complete garbage code after each randomization.

This means that B1F can do basically anything with the right HOF data shuffle, and some of it is REALLY REALLY WEIRD.

TLDR: There is a way to glitch the game such that trying to use a pokeflute will trigger a battle against a glitchy gym leader who sends out a level 1 gastly that appears to be distracted by something offscreen, while you don't send out any pokemon at all, and then the gastly eventually runs from a gym leader battle, causing the battle to end. And the reason why all this happens is because your Hall of Fame data was chewed up and spat out again in just the right way.

What even are Pokemon glitches.

Video title: "Pokemon Blue: Double/triple/quadruple Super Glitch corruptions"

At the very beginning of the video: "Super Glitch is already destructive in its basic form. But there is a way to make it even more destructive."

And I repeat: what even are Pokemon glitches.

So.

Most Pokemon R/B/Y glitches happen as a result of causing the game to attempt to read some chunk of data as something completely different than what it's supposed to be. For example: attempting to read the data that makes up the characters in your trainer's name as the data that dictates what species/level the wild pokemon should be in a certain area, resulting in nonsensical wild pokemon encounters (which is what causes the classic Missingno encounter method on the coast of Cinnibar Island). Or, reading the stats of the last pokemon you fought as the data that determines the species/level of the pokemon that you're about to encounter (which is how the Mew glitch works).

And it makes sense that weird-ass shit would happen from making the game read data that is completely nonsensical in the context it's trying to read it in. But the effects of these glitches are still limited based on what that unrelated data can be to begin with. The effects of the Cinnibar island glitch are well-known and well-studied because there are only so many different characters that you can use to name your trainer, and you can easily look up exactly what species/level of pokemon the glitch will give you based on the name that you entered. Same goes for the Mew glitch in regards to the last pokemon you fought. There are only so many values that that data can be.

But apparently, there exists a glitch item (B1F) that causes the game to read your Hall of Fame data and execute that as an item effect. And this would be limited by the same constraints as the other glitches I mentioned, except -- HOW CONVENIENT -- our old pal Missingno corrupts Hall of Fame data, effectively meaning that all the values in that part of the game's memory are completely randomized every time you encounter Missingno, and that B1F's effects are consequently also randomized. You're no longer limited by the range of values that make up valid pokemon data or even glitch pokemon data. The game is reading complete garbage code after each randomization.

This means that B1F can do basically anything with the right HOF data shuffle, and some of it is REALLY REALLY WEIRD.

TLDR: There is a way to glitch the game such that trying to use a pokeflute will trigger a battle against a glitchy gym leader who sends out a level 1 gastly that appears to be distracted by something offscreen, while you don't send out any pokemon at all, and then the gastly eventually runs from a gym leader battle, causing the battle to end. And the reason why all this happens is because your Hall of Fame data was chewed up and spat out again in just the right way.

What even are Pokemon glitches.
"Cycling is fun! Forget SURFing!" *Metal grinding*

Also, while AAAAAAAAAAA is my favorite Pokémon, the Pokémaniac type needs to be nerfed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep under the Council's building lies a safeholding area, which is used to seal away potentially dangerous Fandomena and protect the Fandomverse from (misuse of) their powers. The Dragonballs, The One Ring and similar items of power are known to be here. There is, however, one more item that is far worse and fare more dangerous than any of these. It is said that it has the power to create Fandomena from nothingness, banish Fandoms to another dimension and warp reality itself. If it were to ever fall in the wrong hands, then the Fandomverse would surely be doomed.
it is only known by a codename, for speaking its name has shown to only further increase its corruptive effects. Know this though; even knowing its codename has driven people mad. If you are certain you are up to the task, and are willing to take the risk of immediate termination to aid with the continued safety of the Fandomverse, then open the below message...
B1F

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kagayours
o_o Don't worry about it. The bird group was stuck waiting for me up until... yesterday. It only just rolled back around to your turn. So uh... no need to rush. ^^"

You always seem to be so worried about holding us up, but like, we're a pretty slow group, and you're probably one of our fastest posters (every time it rolls around to your turn, that is). So, don't worry about it. Obviously real life comes first -- and there probably won't be too many issues if we even fall on the bottom of your RP priority list, on top of that. XD
I really hadn't noticed that we were paused from all that's been going on XD

So alright. Thanks, I wasn't worried cause like I was noticing other groups and a few 1x1s where some people were waiting on me for like the last few weeks.

*pops up from the ground* I have come to the conclusion that Mewtwo in the Pokemon anime is either trans or gender-fluid.

This conclusion is mainly based around the idea that the Mewtwo in the first movie and the Mewtwo in the 16th Pokemon movie (Genesect and the Legend Awakened) are the same Mewtwo. This runs contrary to what is generally considered to be canon, but, please consider -- really the only piece of evidence suggesting that the Mewtwo in the 16th movie is different than the one in the first movie is the fact that new Mewtwo has a woman's voice instead of a man's (and she doesn't recognize Ash, but I'll address that bit later on).

Consider the principle of Occam's Razor. The more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is. The two possible explanations for the differences between the Mewtwos in these movies is that it's either a different Mewtwo, or, it's the same Mewtwo but she identifies as female now. In other words, the "assumptions" we have to make are:
  1. A team of scientists, completely unrelated to the ones who created "the original" Mewtwo, found a sample of Mew's DNA, decided to clone it, but then decided to alter its DNA to make it more powerful, and decided to make the exact same changes to its DNA that the original team of scientists did (despite not having any connection with those scientists or any knowledge that they even existed -- or if they did know about the original scientists, then they should know that attempting to create Mewtwo is a bad idea), and then, when "new Mewtwo" came into existence, it went into the same sort of blind rage as old Mewtwo, killing all the scientists and destroying the lab, and flew off wondering what its place in life was until it eventually went through the same character arc as the first Mewtwo and realized "it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" and all that good stuff. OR
  2. The same Mewtwo from the first movie eventually realized it identifies as a woman and was able to change its voice accordingly.
And, no, I'm not just assuming that new Mewtwo has the same backstory as old Mewtwo when their origins could actually be completely different. Because the 16th movie addresses Mewtwo's backstory, and, yes, it's pretty much exactly the same as what the first one went through. And I know that Pokemon lore is generally really inconsistent about how many of each legendary pokemon are supposed to exist (with many of them being built up like there's only one, until we eventually see more of them for... some reason), but with Mewtwo in particular, it makes absolutely no sense that there could possibly be two of them, especially when the 16th movie directly states that this Mewtwo has the exact same origin story as the first.

Now, as for Mewtwo being able to change his/her voice: this makes a lot of sense when we consider the fact that the only reason Mewtwo can "talk" at all is because it's telepathic. There are no actual vocal cords involved here. And we don't know exactly how this telepathy works in relation to gender, but, I have a few possible explanations:
  1. Mewtwo is in complete control of how it wants its mind-voice to sound, and can therefore change its voice to whatever it wants to sound like.
  2. The "sound" of the telepathic voice is dependent on one's inner voice -- in other words, what Mewtwo sounds like in its own head. And if Mewtwo started seeing itself as a woman, then it makes sense that its inner voice would change accordingly -- and, consequently, so would its "outer voice".
The second explanation is more likely I think, but, really, both would explain the change.

And really the most fascinating thing about this to me is that, if they simply gave Mewtwo a different male voice actor, no one would've cared. Even if the new VA sounded nothing like the old one, people would still be perfectly willing to assume that this is the same Mewtwo. But because it sounds like a woman now, that means it must be a different Mewtwo. As I've established, though, Occam's Razor disagrees.

Lastly, there's the fact that new Mewtwo doesn't recognize Ash. I admit I don't have a perfect explanation for this, but, a few possibilities include:
  1. Mewtwo simply pretends to not recognize Ash in order to not make it awkward. (After all, Ash certainly wouldn't recognize Mewtwo, as Mewtwo would know.)
  2. Mewtwo actually doesn't recognize Ash because most of the human characters did fuck-all during the 3rd act of the first movie, and perhaps the identities of the trainers involved really weren't important enough to Mewtwo to stick in its memory. (Yes, Ash's self-sacrifice at the end was... kind of a big deal, but it's possible that Mewtwo's perspective on it was more along the lines of "a human sacrificed his life so that we would stop fighting" rather than "this specific human whose name and face I'll remember sacrificed his life". Maybe Ash's name and face really just weren't important enough for Mewtwo to realize that this is the same human who was involved in that whole thing way back when. Or maybe the concept of Pokemon tears bringing someone back to life was so stupid that Mewtwo subconsciously suppressed the memory of it, consequently blocking out everything about Ash's self-sacrifice, therefore making Ash's identity even less memorable or important.)
Yeah, ok, maybe I'm tossing a lot of assumptions out there in order to make this all fit together -- but I still think it requires fewer assumptions than saying that this Mewtwo is completely different from the other Mewtwo.

"But what about the fact that new Mewtwo can mega-evolve??"

Mewtwo wandered around doing whatever for 15 years and eventually found a mega-stone. Makes sense to me.

"What happened to the clone army?"

Mewtwo made sure they all found good trainers to take care of them? Mewtwo found them a good home in the wild? Mewtwo still keeps in touch with the clone-army but still goes off to do her own thing most of the time, which is how she wound up in the events of the 16th movie? I dunno, basically anything could've happened to them. I still don't think the existence of the clone army really does much to negate the idea that these Mewtwos are the same creature.

And at this point, I don't even care if Gamefreak officially says that these are different Mewtwos, because that makes no goddamn sense. I'm going to stick to my Mewtwo-is-trans theory, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
So, I was scouring around Youtube. Then this popped up.

I... I don't even know anymore.... Wut?

So, I was scouring around Youtube. Then this popped up.

I... I don't even know anymore.... Wut?
I'm not a good time/place to be watching a Youtube video right now. Why does the thumbnail look like Pong if this is supposedly Pkmn Red/Blue related? O_o

I'm not a good time/place to be watching a Youtube video right now. Why does the thumbnail look like Pong if this is supposedly Pkmn Red/Blue related? O_o
Apparently people managed to program Pong in Red/Blue using the F8 item and stuff. Apparently that thing can do anything XD.

Apparently people managed to program Pong in Red/Blue using the F8 item and stuff. Apparently that thing can do anything XD.
Oh, yeah, items like that can allow you to execute almost any code you want if you know how to set it up. o_o

And on the subject of Pokemon glitches: let's not forget the wonderful coin case glitch in Gen II, where you can get all sorts of varied, super-glitchy effects just by walking in a specific pattern.

^ To clarify, the stuff that goes on in this video is not something that already requires you to have a whole bag full of crazy glitch items and weird glitch pokemon (as is the case in many of this guy's Gen I glitch videos). In order to pull off the same glitches that you're seeing here, all you have to do is walk in the exact same path that you're seeing here, listen to Bellsprout's cry, and then open the coin case. That's it. (Makes me wish I still had a cartridge copy of Gold or Silver with a working save battery. ;_;)

I think some of my favorite glitches highlighted in the video are the ones where the game locks up and just plays the low health warning sound. Like. Congrats. That is the sound of your game dying.

Note that I still have 255 Pokemon in my party, which activates the 'Wild appeared' effect. This can be avoided by using Super Glitch to give yourself 200+ Pokemon while already in battle.

It's this guy's annotations that I live for.

I think I have a new favorite Youtube channel.