Well, Scooby can give a deadpan expression when he sees Hamilton. I may totally have him do this line. " Am I wearing my goddamn damsel in distress label today?" Ie Scooby hates being rescued. Also, my dumb brain is nudging a broadway musical for a fandom and I still need to intro TW.
:/ Feel free to message me if you need help introducing him...

:/ Feel free to message me if you need help introducing him...
I have an idea on what I want him to do, the problem is anyone interacting him. I will shoot you a PM in a few.

ALSO

Considering how as far as FF knew the Doctor only Regenerated upon near-death and the fact that being hit with a Dalek laser didn't kickstart said Regeneration, the RPG Fandom doubted DW's theory quite a bit.
I was going to comment on this when this post first went up, but I forgot.

The interesting thing about this is that, in Classic Who, the Doctor didn't regenerate when he was near-death -- he only regenerated after he was already dead. (I mean, normally he only stayed dead for a second or two before his body would start to glow and change and all that, but still.) And then he wouldn't wake up again until after the regeneration had happened. From a conceptual standpoint, I think this actually makes a lot more sense than the way that regeneration is portrayed in New Who -- where it looks more like the regeneration saves him before he dies, rather than reviving him afterwords. [spoili]Which would be fine, if he actually changed bodies at the moment that the regeneration started -- after all, the whole point of regeneration is that the Doctor gets a new body to replace the dead/dying one, right? -- but that isn't what happens in New Who. When Ten and Eleven regenerated, their injuries were healed first, and then the actual body-changing part of the regeneration happened -- but only after they had time to give a dramatic final speech (not to mention pop around in time and space for a while to give a quick goodbye to each and every friend and ally that he'd met over the past three seasons, in Ten's case). And if the regenerative process can restore the Doctor's dying body (not to mention reverse aging, as we saw with Eleven), then why does he have to change at all? What does that accomplish? At least in Classic Who, it was implied that the regeneration process healed a Time Lord by creating a new body rather than fixing the old one (or it could be argued that the change in appearance was just a byproduct of the healing process), and I guess you could even interpret Nine's regeneration as doing the same thing, just with the whole thing happening while he was dying as opposed to already being dead -- but with Ten's regeneration healing all his injuries first (and giving him quite a bit of extra time before the change happened), it really just leaves no reason for the change to happen at all. [/spoili] (and then I went off on a tangent...)

But anyway!! The reason why I bring this up is -- it still makes sense for the fandom Doctor to be uncertain about whether or not he has the power to regenerate, even after living through near-death experiences such as these -- partially because, even if he could regenerate, he still wouldn't know whether it would be a Classic-style or New-Who-Style regeneration. So like, if he was hit with a Dalek laser, and then he looked down and saw his hands glowing, then, yeah, that's a definite 'yes' for regeneration -- but there's really no way that being in such a situation could provide a definite no. Because even if the Doctor was certain that he was dying, and could at least tell that he wasn't going to get a New-Who-Style regeneration as he felt himself slip into unconsciousness -- there's still the hope that he might get a Classic-Style regeneration and wake up again in his new body. (And, yes, I'll go ahead and say that this is pretty much exactly what the Doctor's last thoughts were in the alternate timeline.)

Additionally, there's still the fact that -- at least in the main timeline -- the Doctor did survive, and never needed to regenerate. The Daleks never landed a fatal hit on him. Even in New Who, a regeneration is only triggered by a would-be fatal injury (well, except for the "wearing a bit thin" regenerations, which I guess is what happened to Eleven -- but, meh), rather than just any near-death experience. Sooo... yeah, aside from encountering one of his own future-selves, and aside from seeking out information about his own future (which he normally just wouldn't do), there really isn't any way that the Doctor could've known for sure that he could regenerate (or have ever been certain that he couldn't), without actually dying. :P

That being said, I realize that your post is still valid as far as FF's perspective is concerned, and I'm not asking you to change it or anything -- I just wanted an excuse to ramble and show off how much thought I've put into this. :P

On the topic of me putting way too much thought into the Doctor Who fandom:

We already know that those same Daleks that just tried to kill him wouldn't even exist if the Doctor didn't exist. BUT what's interesting is that the opposite of that is also true, in a way.

The show was originally created as little more than a means to quickly fill a timeslot when the BBC was short on programs, and was hardly expected to last longer than a season before getting cancelled and replaced with something else. And that's probably what would've happened if not for the fact that the Daleks were so massively popular, which is what helped the show take off.

I'm not really going anywhere specific with this -- I just find it interesting that the Doctor technically owes his life to the Daleks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Takumi
I think one of my favorite things about the Pokemon TCG is that the people who make these cards basically have free reign to fuck around with the established conventions of Pokemon and design card with traits that are totally outside the norm for that particular species just because they can.

I think one of my favorite trends is when they make cards for evolved pokemon and have them count as basics, just because.

Like, "I place Lickilicki on my bench."
"?? Since when is Lickilicki a basic pokemon??"
"This Lickilicki counts as basic." *shows card to my opponent so they can see it for themselves*

And then there was, "I place Gyarados on my bench."
"Is that a basic, fire-type Gyarados?!"
"Yes. And it's shiny." :D

Actually that last card is probably one of my favorites in the entire TCG, just because of that amazing combination of traits.

I mean, look at this:

157078.jpg

What a special boy. :D

I think one of my favorite things about the Pokemon TCG is that the people who make these cards basically have free reign to fuck around with the established conventions of Pokemon and design card with traits that are totally outside the norm for that particular species just because they can.

I think one of my favorite trends is when they make cards for evolved pokemon and have them count as basics, just because.

Like, "I place Lickilicki on my bench."
"?? Since when is Lickilicki a basic pokemon??"
"This Lickilicki counts as basic." *shows card to my opponent so they can see it for themselves*

And then there was, "I place Gyarados on my bench."
"Is that a basic, fire-type Gyarados?!"
"Yes. And it's shiny." :D

Actually that last card is probably one of my favorites in the entire TCG, just because of that amazing combination of traits.

I mean, look at this:

157078.jpg

What a special boy. :D
Special indeed. I vote for making a Fire-tyipe Magikarp/Gyarados that you can catch by Fishing in a volcano (because Pokémon physics isn't insane enough yet :P)

On that note, that second attack is both the epitome of overkill and the epitome of suicide, depending on the circumstances. If it wins you the match, then yay for you (and RIP poor whatever you were facing), If, for whatever reason, it did not? Welp, the opponent just used a Prof. Oak card or something and ended their turn (for those who don't know, said card forces both players to discard their hand, then draw 7 cards. And if your deck is empty at the start of your turn? You instantly lose).

• Love
On that note, that second attack is both the epitome of overkill and the epitome of suicide, depending on the circumstances. If it wins you the match, then yay for you (and RIP poor whatever you were facing), If, for whatever reason, it did not? Welp, the opponent just used a Prof. Oak card or something and ended their turn (for those who don't know, said card forces both players to discard their hand, then draw 7 cards. And if your deck is empty at the start of your turn? You instantly lose).
It's not such a bad attack if you have some way of getting cards (especially energy cards) from your discard pile back into your deck. So long as you don't use the attack until near the end of the game, and you have enough trainer cards or whatever to recycle your energies for long enough to take out your opponent's last couple pokemon.

Although, I do admit that a Prof. Oak card is a bit of an achilles heel, now that you mention it. o.o

I don't think I've ever actually used that attack, though. Too much of a last resort if you don't have a good plan. XD I think I mainly keep it in my deck so that I can distract my opponents with my shiny, basic, fire-type Gyarados. :D

Do you ever find yourself with a simple question about some trivial little thing, and you attempt to solve that question using the wealth of knowledge available to you through the internet, and then, a few Google searches and Wikipedia pages later, you find yourself falling down a rabbit hole of really bizarre but still really trivial information -- like the fact that Brazil is apparently the Night Vale of the video game industry. Because, like Night Vale, it would appear that Brazil also split off into some sort of alternate reality in 1983 -- a reality in which Sega fucking demolished Nintendo in the home video game market, and where Sega's 30-year-old Master System console is still being produced and sold to this day, at a rate that's comparable to the amount of PS4's currently being sold in the US, and where Nintendo recently left the market entirely. (Oh, and apparently the PS2 is also doing pretty well in Brazil right now. It can even stream Netflix.)

I just wanted to know why Sega bothered to make so many Sonic games for the Master System, despite the fact that Sonic's original release was on the Genesis, which was the generation after the Master System. I don't know what sort of answer I was expecting to that question, but... this was not it. o_o

I'll be able to post this weekend hopefully. My two weeks of exams are nearly over so, hopefully after there done I'll post.

Reactions: Kagayours
I FINALLY DID IT!!!

I RESCUED ALL 400 ZOOMBINIS!

TAKE THAT, EVERY VIDEO GAME REVIEWER WHO EVER SAID "no one would ever play this game long enough to rescue every last zoombini"

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You proved them wrong. :) @Kagayours

Also, today's random fact of the day: Link was looking for Navi in Majora's Mask. Why? That we don't know.

ALSO when you finally beat the game, even the narrator is like "maybe you should turn off the computer and get some fresh air", because I guess even the developers didn't expect anyone to get this far.

• Love
ALSO when you finally beat the game, even the narrator is like "maybe you should turn off the computer and get some fresh air", because I guess even the developers didn't expect anyone to get this far.
Well then, that is interesting and hilarious.

Been sitting hear listening to the songs Cabinet Battle #1 and Cabinet Battle #2 and being amused at Thomas Jefferson and Hamilton's debating/rap off going on. XD

The line that's stuck in my head the most is "Hey, if ya don't know now ya know, Mr. President."

Edit: pretty sure one of these days I'll have most of the songs downloaded onto my phone :-|

You proved them wrong. :) @Kagayours

Also, today's random fact of the day: Link was looking for Navi in Majora's Mask. Why? That we don't know.
Well, you see, there's a funny story. You remember the whole stealth section in the Gerudo Fortress? Well, Navi yelled "HEY" and "LISTEN!" over and over again, causing Link to constantly get caught. Knowing that he still needed the fairy, Link couldn't do anything about it at the moment, but he was planning on getting back at her after defeating Ganondorf. Navi knew this too, and thus bolted the moment they arrived back at their own age. Link then started to chase after her, and the rest is history.

Will post for Avengers soon. Most likely tomorrow or Wednesday.

Reactions: Kagayours
Visser Three lands in a dumpster and morphs to human, and the Animorphs decide to leave. For some weird reason, not only did Ax not jump in after or morph something and then jump in after him, but the other Animorphs nearby didn't land on the roof where no one else could see, morph and morph to something more powerful. It made sense not to let Visser Three see them demorph to human, but an elephant inside a dumpster on top of an Andalite? A gorilla? Think about it. It's not even clear HOW Visser Three got away when he was surrounded by humans, one of which saw him land in the dumpster, he was morphing to a more vulnerable human, presumably to blend in. But he was not at the time guarded by anyone so even more reason for the Animorphs to have Tobias follow him while the others find cover to morph into something powerful and shred him.

That moment when you just wanted to read a plot synopsis for something on a Wikia page, but then it veers off into some tangential nerd rant.

Spending hours on Wikia/Wikipedia puts you into a sort of trance where you just don't expect these kinds of things to happen.

Holy crap this RP hass been around since I first joined years ago and it's still alive and kicking, that's damn impressive you peple should make your own forum.

Holy crap this RP hass been around since I first joined years ago and it's still alive and kicking, that's damn impressive you peple should make your own forum.

^^" I appreciate the compliment, but I don't think we'd attract as many players on our own forum as we would here. (Unless you just meant something like one of the forums that came out of the WARP contest. In which case - I did kind of want to re-tool this RP into something that would work over there, but I hardly had time to even think about entering. o_o )