Yes, uh, do it if you want.

As the last episoed of this season of sherlock creeps up. It seems I'm faced with a dilemma. I can either go downstairs where it's freezing and watch it live. Or stay here in my bedroom where it's nice and warm and watch it tomorrow. Hmmmmm~
My house is always freezing in every room. I'm going to watch it live.

Although, that reminds me -- now's a good time to blacklist all the Sherlock tags on Tumblr for the next five-or-so hours so that I don't get hit with dumb timezone spoilers. >:/

*Elbows on table, head on hands*

ahem....I shall now give you my reaction to Sherlock s4e3

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh~

*Elbows on table, head on hands*

ahem....I shall now give you my reaction to Sherlock s4e3

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh~
I don't know if that's meant to be read as an "Ayyyy" like in the same vein as "aw yeah boiiiii", or more of a wishy-washy "ehhhhh" as in "eh it wasn't that great".

Either way, it's clear enough that you and I have rather different opinions on these things a lot of the time, so, I'll wait and see it for myself. XD

Now go back and respond to all my rambling about the second episode! And basically all my other Sherlock posts in-between! I've been screaming into the void because I assumed you would say something when you caught up. I didn't realize you already had. >:C

I don't know if that's meant to be read as an "Ayyyy" like in the same vein as "aw yeah boiiiii", or more of a wishy-washy "ehhhhh" as in "eh it wasn't that great".

Either way, it's clear enough that you and I have rather different opinions on these things a lot of the time, so, I'll wait and see it for myself. XD

Now go back and respond to all my rambling about the second episode! And basically all my other Sherlock posts in-between! I've been screaming into the void because I assumed you would say something when you caught up. I didn't realize you already had. >:C
More of an "eh" eh.

I'll go back and respond, though I thought you only had that one liner about episode two. The conspiracy continues.

More of an "eh" eh.

I'll go back and respond, though I thought you only had that one liner about episode two. The conspiracy continues.
Uhhh. I posted a lot of stuff. Maybe you just didn't see it because most of it was in spoiler tags?

This was my immediate reaction. Even not counting the spoiler tag, there's still quite a bit of Sherlock-related-rambling before I went off into the Yellow Submarine money-isn't-real rant.

Then I posted this after I saw a Tumblr post bring up a rather interesting proposition and I would like to hear other people's thoughts on it...

And then there are some miscellaneous complaints about the lingo used by the Sherlock fandom on Tumblr.

And then another positive thing that I got out of Tumblr.

And all of these posts came right before the whole thing about us trying to trade pokemon. Dunno how you missed all of it. XD I don't even know which post is the "one-liner" that you were referring to.

I feel like Euros and Millions Knives would be good friends. I can picture them now, sitting down and having a nice chat, sharing strategies on how to torment their brothers. Someone should get started on that fanfiction.

ANYWAY I thought that episode was a fucking rollercoaster. Ok, I guess a lot of it was kind of extra looking back on it, but, wow, I barely had time to catch my breath throughout most of it. (And, I mean, Millions Knives was extra, too, and for similar reasons -- I guess that's what makes them both interesting villains.)

And now, a series of ramblings in no particular order,

MYCROFT WAS A FUCKING DICK IN THIS EPISODE. I WANTED SHERLOCK TO SHOOT HIM. He didn't even do anything useful when Sherlock was going through those trials. He just kind of stood around and annoyed him. John was the only one actually helping. So if the idea is that Sherlock's being forced to choose the one person who's more useful to him, that person would be John.

And yet, Mycroft had the nerve to just assume that John would be the one to die?? And just stood there berating Sherlock about it and making him feel bad??? Fuck you, asshole.

I seriously lost all respect for Mycroft in that moment. I was sitting there like, "Do it Sherlock. Fucking pull the trigger. You don't need that bastard in your life."

But nah... he decided to pull a Katniss Everdeen and cheat the rules so that the game-makers would stop everything and let him have his way... which I guess was a clever way to go about it, but, you know...

Also, *adds a tally mark to the list of times Sherlock has threatened or attempted to kill himself* It's funny, I was thinking after the last episode, that, first we had the fake suicide, then we had the potentially-I-could-actually-die-but-ideally-it-won't-actually-happen-because-I'm-betting-on-John-saving-me thing, and I thought, "wow, we're slowly getting closer and closer to an actual suicide attempt. I can't wait to see how he tops this." And, well... I guess I got my wish.

ALSO, the fucking flashback scene where we see Moriarty visiting the island? I was honestly convinced that Moriarty was somehow still alive and I wasn't even going to question it because I was ok with hopping on the crazy train -- and then they finally added the "five years later" timestamp and I was like -- oh, ok, fine, that's not nearly as interesting, but, fine.

Peeling back the layers of Sherlock's emotional trauma and repressed memories was interesting, though. I really didn't expect there to be quite so many layers. owo""

I feel like there were more things that I wanted to mention, but now I don't remember them. Oh well. I'm sure I'll remember later and then come back to post more.

Also, I know @Gwazi Magnum well enough by now to know that the reason he allowed himself to fall behind in Sherlock is because he prefers to wait until a season of a show is finished so that he can marathon it all at once. If Sherlock even semi-resembled an ordinary TV show, I would've pestered Gwazi to start catching up sooner than that. But, since Sherlock is instead a special snowflake, and one season is only three episodes, I decided to let Gwazi have his way for the past two weeks.

But now....

*breaks down Gwazi's bedroom door with an axe*

NOW THERE'S NOWHERE TO HIDE, GWAZI!!!

.....oh my god, Kaga....calm down..... O_O" *backs away*

I should my reply for Fandomstuck... I also really want to introduce Teen Wolf, but am really paranoid that I will screw something up with the ADHD in my first post. More tips would be nice @Kagayours

.....oh my god, Kaga....calm down..... O_O" *backs away*
*karate chops a coffin* I will not calm down. >:C

I should my reply for Fandomstuck... I also really want to introduce Teen Wolf, but am really paranoid that I will screw something up with the ADHD in my first post. More tips would be nice @Kagayours
I mean... I guess I could offer some more help, but, I think I'd first need to know what part of it exactly you feel like you don't understand. And maybe you could give me an example post to look over...?

I dunno, man, I feel like I've given you more than enough information already. When I first addressed the ADHD thing, I was just afraid that it would be portrayed like a perpetual sugar-high that leaves the character bouncing off the walls all the time, or that it would otherwise just be used as a joke, or that I would see the infamous "look, a squirrel!" line (although I suppose if your character's a werewolf then that particular line would be... almost acceptable...), or that you included it in the CS just to say that he has it and then not attempt to portray it at all. And when adderall was mentioned, that gave me even more things to be wary about -- thinking it would just be portrayed as an intellectual steroid that beefs up his brain, or as a creativity-killer that destroys his 'fun, quirky, true' self, or it would just be treated like "welp, he's taking medicine for it, so that means he will show no symptoms whatsoever and basically be completely cured", which connects back to the thing I was saying before about labeling a character as having ADHD and then not making an attempt to portray it.

And I initially discouraged you from going through with it because seeing anything I just listed be used as a character quirk would honestly make me kind of uncomfortable. BUT you showed that you were willing to learn and really put some effort into getting it right, which I greatly appreciate! And then I gave you so much information that eventually I felt like maybe I was putting pressure on you to get a bit too in-depth with it... like... If you're really going out of your way to pin down every little possible side effect that adderall can have, then, I mean... I appreciate that effort, but you really don't need to go super-into detail about how dry Teen Wolf's mouth feels or that he has to pee every half hour because of how diuretic the stuff is or that he occasionally gets mild headaches from it. I just wanted to give you a general sense of how the effects of adderall feel so that you have some guidance for roleplaying it. And so that you know that, like... it wears off between doses, giving you peaks and valleys of focus throughout the day. That's kind of important to know.

Should I have also mentioned the risk of high blood pressure, dizziness or fainting, worsening of symptoms in patients with an anxiety disorder, the fact that you shouldn't take it while pregnant or breastfeeding, and that you should, um... *continues reading the label on the bottle* exercise caution while operating heavy machinery? :P (Now that I think of it, though, I don't know why that last one is there -- I am a much better driver when I'm medicated vs when I'm not. I find that a faulty attention span doesn't make for a good driving companion...)

ANYWAY, THE POINT IS, you don't have to take into account every possible side effect that could be mentioned in the list of warnings in a drug commercial (especially since, even in real life, most of those possible side effects don't occur in most people who use the drug... :P). And even as far as the common, mild side effects go... Fandomstuck has never been an RP that demanded quite that level of realism. :P

I'm sorry if I pressured you too much, but, with everything I've given you so far... I think you'll be fine. XD At the very least, I highly doubt your RPing will fall into any of the stereotypical or grossly inaccurate categories that I was worried about. And even if it's not a perfect portrayal, it's hard to feel offended when I know that you're doing your best. :P

I'm still willing to give you some extra advice and stuff via PM's if you want it, though.

Reactions: Takumi
Also, wait a second,

So, did Mycroft know that Redbeard wasn't a dog?? Because Mycroft was the one who jogged Sherlock's memory about Redbeard in the first place... and implied that Euros drowned him... But, did Mycroft ever even explicitly state that Redbeard was a dog? Or were we just meant to assume that based on the visuals?

Did Mycroft know that Sherlock made up a fictitious dog and then played along with it so as to not dig up any more of Sherlock's repressed memories? Was Mycroft... somehow also fooled into thinking that Redbeard was a dog? I mean, I don't think Mycroft really had any repressed memories in that way -- I don't think he was traumatized quite the same way.

But anyway... yeah... this raises some questions.

I feel like Euros and Millions Knives would be good friends. I can picture them now, sitting down and having a nice chat, sharing strategies on how to torment their brothers. Someone should get started on that fanfiction.

ANYWAY I thought that episode was a fucking rollercoaster. Ok, I guess a lot of it was kind of extra looking back on it, but, wow, I barely had time to catch my breath throughout most of it. (And, I mean, Millions Knives was extra, too, and for similar reasons -- I guess that's what makes them both interesting villains.)

And now, a series of ramblings in no particular order,

MYCROFT WAS A FUCKING DICK IN THIS EPISODE. I WANTED SHERLOCK TO SHOOT HIM. He didn't even do anything useful when Sherlock was going through those trials. He just kind of stood around and annoyed him. John was the only one actually helping. So if the idea is that Sherlock's being forced to choose the one person who's more useful to him, that person would be John.

And yet, Mycroft had the nerve to just assume that John would be the one to die?? And just stood there berating Sherlock about it and making him feel bad??? Fuck you, asshole.

I seriously lost all respect for Mycroft in that moment. I was sitting there like, "Do it Sherlock. Fucking pull the trigger. You don't need that bastard in your life."

But nah... he decided to pull a Katniss Everdeen and cheat the rules so that the game-makers would stop everything and let him have his way... which I guess was a clever way to go about it, but, you know...

Also, *adds a tally mark to the list of times Sherlock has threatened or attempted to kill himself* It's funny, I was thinking after the last episode, that, first we had the fake suicide, then we had the potentially-I-could-actually-die-but-ideally-it-won't-actually-happen-because-I'm-betting-on-John-saving-me thing, and I thought, "wow, we're slowly getting closer and closer to an actual suicide attempt. I can't wait to see how he tops this." And, well... I guess I got my wish.

ALSO, the fucking flashback scene where we see Moriarty visiting the island? I was honestly convinced that Moriarty was somehow still alive and I wasn't even going to question it because I was ok with hopping on the crazy train -- and then they finally added the "five years later" timestamp and I was like -- oh, ok, fine, that's not nearly as interesting, but, fine.

Peeling back the layers of Sherlock's emotional trauma and repressed memories was interesting, though. I really didn't expect there to be quite so many layers. owo""
You do realise that Mycroft was doing that so it would be easier for Sherlock to shoot him. I like to imagine that through the sheer rage you felt your brain skipped the three minute scene of Mycroft and sherlock giving a goodbye. Mycroft accepted the fact that he was the one who needed to die. He was trying to trigger sherlock into shooting him.

Not that any of that scene fucking mattered, but I'll get onto that eventually.

Also, wait a second,

So, did Mycroft know that Redbeard wasn't a dog?? Because Mycroft was the one who jogged Sherlock's memory about Redbeard in the first place... and implied that Euros drowned him... But, did Mycroft ever even explicitly state that Redbeard was a dog? Or were we just meant to assume that based on the visuals?

Did Mycroft know that Sherlock made up a fictitious dog and then played along with it so as to not dig up any more of Sherlock's repressed memories? Was Mycroft... somehow also fooled into thinking that Redbeard was a dog? I mean, I don't think Mycroft really had any repressed memories in that way -- I don't think he was traumatized quite the same way.

But anyway... yeah... this raises some questions.
Interesting questions, may I give a possible solution.

The Writers didn't think about that.

Plot hole ahooooy~

Anywho, soon I feel like I need to actually talk about my detailed feelings on episode 2 and 3. Soon...

*Rolls a natural 20 on stealth*
Must have been a figment of my imagination.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
You do realise that Mycroft was doing that so it would be easier for Sherlock to shoot him. I like to imagine that through the sheer rage you felt your brain skipped the three minute scene of Mycroft and sherlock giving a goodbye. Mycroft accepted the fact that he was the one who needed to die. He was trying to trigger sherlock into shooting him.

O-oh... oh.

I feel stupid now.

ANYWAY!!! I just got back from seeing Moana. Good movie, very Hawaiian. There was a giant flamboyant crab, Disney made fun of itself a few times. It was a good experience. Would recommend.

Although, I don't recommend bringing little kids to see Moana. Apparently some of the monsters in that movie are a bit much for the younger crowd. (Source: There were screaming kids in the theater. But thankfully only during a few brief scenes!)

Speaking of which!! I distinctly remember every trailer that came on before the movie, because there was something I wanted to say about each of them (and maybe I'll come back to the others, later), but one of the trailers they showed, was for Cars 3.

Yes, you all remember the Cars 3 trailer.

And, despite the trailer going viral online, I never really thought about the fact that it would be shown in actual theaters. So like, when I recognized the trailer, all I could think was, "…there are kids in this theater, guys. owo"" I don't think kids want to see Lightening McQueen be reduced to a hunk of burning metal on the big screen…! owo"""" And then I just wished that we were in a bigger theater, because I really wanted to see the faces of all the little kids watching this, and, well… there weren't a lot of people in general whose faces I could see from where I was, much less little kids specifically.

There weren't any audible reactions to the trailer. But I did see at least a few kids who were just… staring, wide-eyed, with their mouths hanging open… owo"""

ALSO!!! I stayed to watch the credits, and I wound up being rather amused by the titles under which some people were credited, and the long list of names under some of those titles…

And the part that got me the most, was that there was one person who was credited under the title of, "Caffeinator".

Like… does that mean… this is the guy whose job it was to fetch coffee for everyone else?? owo And, if so… man, what a legacy. I'm glad he at least got credited for that very important job, if nothing else.

So I saw the first episode of Sherlock... And then went to sleep expecting it to be a quick nap...
I slept right until I had to be ready for work. :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
@Neobullseye @neobendium @AquaTheLita @Rithas @Minerva @chaosheart13 @Takumi @Gwazi Magnum @LuckycoolHawk9

Since I'm planning on participating in the boycott/social media blackout of the presidential inauguration tomorrow, I would like to take a moment to make a polite request:

Please don't talk about or react to the inauguration in this thread. While I'm sure that there will be plenty of dumb moments that can easily be made fun of, the whole point of the boycott is to not give Drumpf the satisfaction of getting any attention on that particular day — which includes talking about it online. And I'd feel a bit weird trying to participate while people are still talking about it in my thread…

I suppose I can't force any of you to participate, nor do I feel like I have the right as GM to dictate which specific topics can and can't be discussed here — but, I figured I could at least ask. And if you could all play along for me, I would greatly appreciate it. ^^

I myself will be completely dropping the topic (and I would be happy if you all did the same) starting… now.

Thank you. ^^

I have almost no idea what you're talking about so okay. Have fun with whatever you're doing.
....social media blackout? The hell does that even mean?

I have almost no idea what you're talking about so okay. Have fun with whatever you're doing.
....social media blackout? The hell does that even mean?
It means not talking about a thing online. In this internet age, boycotting a televised event doesn't mean very much if everyone's still talking about the most noteworthy bits and sharing humorous gifs of it. The goal is to really give President-Elect Shitstain the cold shoulder by refusing to talk about him on social media (and really anywhere else on the internet where people talk about things) in addition to not watching the event on TV.

...And I will do that starting now, for reals this time. If you really want to know more about why I'm doing this and my reasoning behind it, please PM me. I won't be responding to any more posts about it after this. Talking excessively about the boycott itself (particularly on the eve of the inauguration) sort of feels like it defeats the purpose... (I meant to bring it up earlier in the week but I procrastinated. >.>" )