I painted a part of the kitchen since we got a new fridge. Now I can't help but think I've been infected with the renovating virus.

Reactions: Takumi
SO TODAY

I went to the comic book store.

And I saw that there is apparently a comic book series based off of BBC's Sherlock. Yes, that version of Sherlock specifically. And I was kind of amazed to learn that such a thing exists.

But then,

Then it got better.

Because, you see, I didn't even think to flip through the pages before buying this thing... and so, it was not until I got home that I realized -- it's not really a "comic book", per se...

IT'S A MANGA.

It's drawn in manga style. It was originally in Japanese. And it even retains its original right-to-left format.

There is a manga based off of BBC's Sherlock, and it's fucking amazing.

Because, y'see, they actually did a really good job at capturing the likenesses of the actors -- but, at the same time, it's a manga. And it looks like a manga. And you just wind up with this weird uncanny in-between where it's like "yeah ok that definitely looks like Benedict Cumberbatch but also he's a fucking manga character"

And like

JUST LOOK AT THIS

IMG_1750.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR_2.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING.

And!! It's been a while since I've seen the specific episode that this is based off of, but, now I really want to re-watch it, because, if I'm remembering it correctly, a lot of this seems like it's a line-for-line adaptation of the TV show. Like, the plot is definitely 100% the same. But, even the specific wording of most of the dialogue in this just sounds really familiar -- which is impressive, given the fact that it would've been translated from English into Japanese, and then back into English, and I feel like things could easily get lost along the way... And, in general, I feel like any adaptation would result in at least some of the source material being lost or altered. And yet... this seems to be really spot-on...

AND ALSO IT FEATURES BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IN A MANGA AND REALLY THAT ALONE IS ENOUGH TO MAKE IT THE BEST FUCKING THING I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Rithas
SO TODAY

And I saw that there is apparently a comic book series based off of BBC's Sherlock. Yes, that version of Sherlock specifically. And I was kind of amazed to learn that such a thing exists.

But then,

Then it got better.

Because, you see, I didn't even think to flip through the pages before buying this thing... and so, it was not until I got home that I realized -- it's not really a "comic book", per se...

IT'S A MANGA.

It's drawn in manga style. It was originally in Japanese. And it even retains its original right-to-left format.

Because, y'see, they actually did a really good job at capturing the likenesses of the actors -- but, at the same time, it's a manga. And it looks like a manga. And you just wind up with this weird uncanny in-between where it's like "yeah ok that definitely looks like Benedict Cumberbatch but also he's a fucking manga character"

And like

JUST LOOK AT THIS

IMG_1750.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR_2.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING.

And!! It's been a while since I've seen the specific episode that this is based off of, but, now I really want to re-watch it, because, if I'm remembering it correctly, a lot of this seems like it's a line-for-line adaptation of the TV show. Like, the plot is definitely 100% the same. But, even the specific wording of most of the dialogue in this just sounds really familiar -- which is impressive, given the fact that it would've been translated from English into Japanese, and then back into English, and I feel like things could easily get lost along the way... And, in general, I feel like any adaptation would result in at least some of the source material being lost or altered. And yet... this seems to be really spot-on...

AND ALSO IT FEATURES BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IN A MANGA AND REALLY THAT ALONE IS ENOUGH TO MAKE IT THE BEST FUCKING THING I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR.
It brings a tear to my eye.

SO TODAY

But then,

Then it got better.

IT'S A MANGA.

And like

JUST LOOK AT THIS

IMG_1750.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR_2.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING.

O_____________O Holy crap. ...That's all I can say on the matter.

So now I'm thinking of making a new avatar/signature set out of manga Sherlock.

There are certainly a lot of interesting panels to work with in the single issue I picked up. ...And this only equates to one-sixth of an episode of the TV show, apparently.

SO TODAY

But then,

Then it got better.

IT'S A MANGA.

And like

JUST LOOK AT THIS

IMG_1750.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR_2.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING.

Ok, I don't care much for Sherlock but gosh I want to read that manga. The art looks amazing!

SO TODAY

But then,

Then it got better.

IT'S A MANGA.

And like

JUST LOOK AT THIS

IMG_1750.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR_2.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING.

That looks cool, actually. I'm a fan of anything Sherlock Holmes, so it seems like something I should get.

Also, maybe it was translated into Japanese, but for the English translation, they just went with the original dialogue rather than translate it back into English from Japanese.

And for some reason the noses in that third image are making me laugh.

Also, maybe it was translated into Japanese, but for the English translation, they just went with the original dialogue rather than translate it back into English from Japanese.
That's a possibility. But, if that's the case, then it means that even the Japanese version would've needed to be an incredibly faithful adaptation, essentially becoming a shot-for-shot remake -- otherwise, the original dialogue wouldn't have all lined up in the right place.

...I really should do some detective work and re-watch that episode to find out. :P But first I should focus on surviving this semester.

And for some reason the noses in that third image are making me laugh.
Haha, yeah, I did notice that the noses were a bit wonky in that panel after I looked at it for a while. XD

Will make an IC post soon.

Reactions: Kagayours
POSTED!!!!

Sherlock's so annoying that even emotionless beings can't stand to hear him talk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of which!! Don't feel like you guys have to rescue Sherlock. I know it would be in-character for most of the group members to at least try, but you're free to come up with some excuse as to why it's not possible. I'd actually prefer it if he wasn't rescued. And I have a lot more fun things planned that way... :3

Also, I probably won't be posting for Doctor Who this time around. I had originally planned to, but, not only am I super busy -- the Doctor's also still barely-conscious, so I feel like most of my post would just be fluff anyway.

I'll try and get a Pokemon post up sometime today if I'm not busy doing a research paper last minute >~>

aaaaaahhh!!!!

sorry guys. i've been so busy lately between clubs and classes and other things....

What I miss? Do I need to post for someone? I have time today so I'll do it today.

I'm not gonna go through all of these ooc posts lol

aaaaaahhh!!!!

sorry guys. i've been so busy lately between clubs and classes and other things....

What I miss? Do I need to post for someone? I have time today so I'll do it today.

I'm not gonna go through all of these ooc posts lol
A post for Wizard101 would be good, if you can squeeze that into your schedule. o3o

Reminds me, I probably should have posted this last week when I made it, but I've made a Roleplaying schedule for myself that takes effect Tuesday:

Error | IwakuRoleplay.com

@Kagayours So I'm finally starting to get the hang of my college classes again now that the new half of English has started. I'll try and figure out where to maybe bring TT back in soon. If you have an idea on where I might should bring her in at let me know. For now I'll work on reading up what I have missed.

Just for the record: There's not a whole lot I can put in a post in the Exdeath group while said group is still at the entrance. I'll give a response when the group decides what to do.

I'll try to get q post up today for said group.

Also, just leaving a note here that I'll post for FF soon.