@neobendium @Neobullseye @Gwazi Magnum @Minerva @AquaTheLita @Takumi @Rithas @chaosheart13 @LuckycoolHawk9

Ok.

Real talk for a sec.

Half of this RP feels dead.

But!!! "Half" is an important keyword. I can see there are players who are still interested. There are plotlines that still have potential. Etc. But... a lot of the groups also feel frozen, like there's nothing to do with them, and any attempts to get these groups going just feel... messy, and I'm not sure what we're even getting out of them anymore...? Like, it just doesn't feel like there's anything happening in a lot of these groups anymore. I feel like I'm just moving characters around and none of it actually means anything. And then when I do try to get things moving, I feel like most of you hardly care what decisions I make. Like I type paragraphs upon paragraphs of what's going on and what the plan is and what needs to be done, and there's so little incentive for anyone else to act. Like I'm trying so hard to fix things when there just isn't any player interest anymore. And, this is generally how it feels when my long-lived RP's finally start to crumble...

But on the other hand!! It feels absurd to say that Fandomstuck is dying, because there are definitely still pieces of a living RP in here somewhere. I just have to... rearrange them... put them back together. I feel like Fandomstuck is just being strangled and held back by these dead weight groups that just feel so meaningless now, and part of me just wants to wipe them clean and take the characters that are still viable and put them into new groups, but I don't really know how to go about doing that. Although, I feel like I'm overcomplicating things and that there's really some super-easy way to do this, but, for some reason, I'm just not seeing that simple solution...

Besides, there are definitely still interested players, but... something just doesn't feel right, here. I suppose it doesn't help that most of the players who seem to still be on-record as being "interested" are also some of our slowest...

Meh. I dunno. Overall, I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing with this RP anymore, for all the reasons explained above. I don't want to think that Fandomstuck is dying -- there are still a lot of things that I'm looking forward to in it -- but... it just feels like it's already halfway there.

I'm not saying I want to throw in the towel just yet (unless there's an overwhelming response of people saying they're ready to let this RP go), but... I dunno. I feel like I've said everything I can, really. I just don't know where to proceed from here, and I... guess I'd like to know how all you guys feel about this...?

Aaaaany sort of comments or feedback would be appreciated....
*Shrugs*

I mean, I still eventually want to have Unforgotten Realms as a character one day. And he can cheat reality for comedic effect.

But honestly, I generally think if the GM wants to put it down then sure~. If not, then we drag it out of the dirt and punch it's face in till it does what we want it to do.

Then again, that can't be. For this entire time. This rp was an Optical Illllllussssiioooon~

@Kagayours I hope it lives. I still want to do my fandoms here... and it seems so prospective.

@Kagayours I hope it lives. I still want to do my fandoms here... and it seems so prospective.
:/ To be honest, you actually having a character would help, I think... but you still haven't done that. @_@

And, I feel like that's a big contributing factor to all this right now. The players that I would most expect to say "I want this RP to continue", are the ones who are being very slow to do anything (with a few exceptions) and therefore come across as very unmotivated, especially when it comes to me trying to work things out and players hardly responding about it...

:/ To be honest, you actually having a character would help, I think... but you still haven't done that. @_@

And, I feel like that's a big contributing factor to all this right now. The players that I would most expect to say "I want this RP to continue", are the ones who are being very slow to do anything (with a few exceptions) and therefore come across as very unmotivated, especially when it comes to me trying to work things out and players hardly responding about it...
I should be able to do it soon now. Got a better computer ( that can travel) giving me more time to do everything. :)

I should be able to do it soon now. Got a better computer ( that can travel) giving me more time to do everything. :)
Mmm... alright... if that's the case... :/

Now I have to locate those things I liked.... again.. There's buried somewhere.
:/ Do you mean the fandoms you reserved...?

Cuz uh... those are on the OP...

:/ Do you mean the fandoms you reserved...?

Cuz uh... those are on the OP...
Not that... all your Scooby suggestions for the fandom.

Not that... all your Scooby suggestions for the fandom.
:/ Given the amount of time that tends to pass in between each mention of that list, I suggest you save it to a Word document on your computer or something...

...Especially if this implies that you haven't at all worked on your CS or tried to synthesize your own ideas for it even after all this time...

:/ Given the amount of time that tends to pass in between each mention of that list, I suggest you save it to a Word document on your computer or something...

...Especially if this implies that you haven't at all worked on your CS or tried to synthesize your own ideas for it even after all this time...
I should have last time, but forgot. I have some idea... just haven't quite... started... a ... yeah, maybe I should start with the Teen Wolf fandom character.

I should have last time, but forgot. I have some idea... just haven't quite... started... a ... yeah, maybe I should start with the Teen Wolf fandom character.
:/ Go with whatever you actually have inspiration for, I guess... I just don't want you switching to a bunch of ideas and never finishing any of them.

But like... Scooby Doo's been reserved for months... and if you haven't started on that at all, well... to be honest, it's kind of hard for me to believe that you're really interested in the RP at all. :/

If you want to be in this RP then, like... make a character. Get involved. Actually be in the RP. :/

:/ Go with whatever you actually have inspiration for, I guess... I just don't want you switching to a bunch of ideas and never finishing any of them.

But like... Scooby Doo's been reserved for months... and if you haven't started on that at all, well... to be honest, it's kind of hard for me to believe that you're really interested in the RP at all. :/

If you want to be in this RP then, like... make a character. Get involved. Actually be in the RP. :/
Will do.

let this RP go
sherlock-frozen-mashup-2.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Seriously though, for me it's a two-fold issue of that I'm not so good at leading the charge in RP's to begin with and that Fandomstucks been in the grey for so long that I'm just unsure about directions and such in general now.

sherlock-frozen-mashup-2.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Seriously though, for me it's a two-fold issue of that I'm not so good at leading the charge in RP's to begin with and that Fandomstucks been in the grey for so long that I'm just unsure about directions and such in general now.
...So, is that a serious vote for letting the RP die, or...?

...So, is that a serious vote for letting the RP die, or...?
No. It's just me explaining why I haven't really been saying much.

As for me, I'm pretty mixed about the whole thing. On one hand, I had a lot of fun with this RP, and quite frankly still do. But on the other hand, it's not exactly hard to see how many problems it had, has and most likely will keep having no matter what we do. I've seen people getting a 'GM burnout' before, and let me tell you, it's not really pretty. So yeah, although I'd like to continue with the RP, I will not force you to keep going to the point where it's no longer fun and just becomes a chore.

As for me, I'm pretty mixed about the whole thing. On one hand, I had a lot of fun with this RP, and quite frankly still do. But on the other hand, it's not exactly hard to see how many problems it had, has and most likely will keep having no matter what we do. I've seen people getting a 'GM burnout' before, and let me tell you, it's not really pretty. So yeah, although I'd like to continue with the RP, I will not force you to keep going to the point where it's no longer fun and just becomes a chore.
:/ I wouldn't say it's a case of "GM burnout" as much as just not knowing what to do with quite a few parts of the thread... The biggest problems seem to be:
  • Character groups that seem to have no purpose and feel really directionless.
  • Players who take forever to post or respond to planning sessions.
The former makes those parts of the RP feel like dead weight, and the latter makes it feel like a lot of people here don't even care about the RP anymore. >.<

I want to keep GMing Fandomstuck, but certain parts of it feel like a lost cause... Like I said, I just want to clean up the dead-ish parts and allow all the players/characters who are actually capable of being active to form new groups. But the problems with that are:
  • I don't know how to do that, from an IC perspective.
  • If player apathy got us into this mess in the first place, then what's the point of trying to start over? Wouldn't we just create the same problem all over again?
Having thought more about all of this, I think what I want to do is to start dissolving some of the more dead groups. Just... say that whatever was happening there is over with. Then, players who were actually in those groups can re-introduce those characters whenever they have the time and motivation to do so. Hopefully this will allow for new groups that feel a bit more natural, and that consist mainly of characters that are actually active, which should hopefully solve a lot of our current problems.

BUT I'm only going to do this one group at a time, so that it doesn't feel like three-fourths of the RP just got wiped clean for whatever reason. That might do more harm than good. I think I'll start with the JoJo/RvB/Undertale/Beatles group. It's not the messiest of the dead-ish groups, but it is the safest, since what I'm doing here is a bit experimental...

Overall, I think we can learn a lot from the screaming group, which was (and still is) a complete fucking mess just to try to split it up. Dissolving groups completely and then re-introducing each character one at a time seems like a much simpler and less complicated way to do things from this point on.

One other problem to address, though, is time -- I once suggested (possibly in a PM convo) that we could just do a big time skip, which would effectively dissolve all current groups and therefore achieve the whole "wiping clean" thing that I want to do. However, I of course don't want to dissolve all our current groups, just the really bad ones. And... the longer this problem goes on, the less I care about IC continuity and chronology and all that. I'm actually ok with some weird localized time skips and a few things not making perfect sense if it means just getting the activity flow working again. Besides, we can always just hand-wave whatever happens as timey-whimey, magicky-wagicky... stuff.

I know it sounds like I'm putting a lot of effort into this right now, but, honestly, this feels like it'll be much simpler and easier than everything I've been trying to do up until this point... @_@

Also, posted for Exdeath's minions (or rather, the last surviving one). I'll try to get a post for Exdeath himself tomorrow.

Also, to anyone not part of the Exdeath group: That deleveling attack that missed everyone? Feel free to have your character be unlucky enough to get hit by that.

Name: Scooby Doo
Appearance: Scooby Doo has a mostly human appearance as a fandom, except he has a glued on tail and ears on his head. He has sandy blond hair and the start of stubble similar to Shaggy from the original series. He is incredibly lanky and for some reason, can't ever wear two clashing colors without being embarrassed about it and is usually wearing matches colors. He is also incredibly thin and wears glasses on his face to help him see better. He also carries a laptop and has di-chromatic eyes ( One is blue, the other is brown). He often wears a green shirt with a pair of green jeans and some lime green sneakers. He also has an ascot over the green shirt ( it's green too). He also wears Scooby Collar.
Personality: Scooby has a superiority complexity and has an analytic mind set that often applies it to multiple situations. He is often very serious ( unless he is scared) and is constantly trying to not lose his temper. He is incredibly intelligent and shows it through using the Scooby doo forumula. That being said, due to being reincarnated ( as many times as the Doctor), he has become bitter and slightly annoyed at younger fandoms who try to emulate and has no patience for them. Similiarly due to being reincarnated 12 times, he also has a goofy side persona that is all about fun and a caring family persona that wants to protect others at all cost.
Abilities and Equipment: Laptop, Deductive reasoning, decent hacker and coder, he also has a few costumes that give him advantage in fights such as a karate suit ( dervived from Scooby Doo Unmasked) and a Robin hood costume for long ranged combat. He also owns a Tome of Doom ( a book used to capture ghosts from his own canon, five non-violent ghosts or two powerful ghosts before it needs a three hour charge),. ( Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem) Finally, due to the comics, he has a stored ability of flight. ( Scooby Doo Team Up) and the Chest of Demons ( 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo which allows him to capture 13 demons from his own canon). He also has a bag full of costumes that he could use ( he refer to this as his Master of disguise bag)
Quirks: Scooby can be bribed by Scooby snacks, despite being insulted when you do that, his lisp only comes back when he is terrified, he jumps into people's arms when scared. Scooby does not acknowledge some of his missing one-off relatives and changes the topic for all except three of them. He gets aggressive/annoyed whenever anyone insults Scrappy, he becomes indifferent when Flim-Flam is mentioned and becomes quickly elated/ incredibly talkative when Tiny Tina mentions that. And if anyone mentions Dracula... he punches them. He also does not take any insults from anyone who insults the Grimwood Girls. Sometimes things glitch around him and he doesn't seem to notice that he is causing it, due to the animation errors that the original series had.
Other: Scooby's fandom alias is James.

@Kagayours.... I told you I was going to finish it. :) ( If you need specific details for the equipment, I can briefly explain them )

Last edited: