Also like...Moffat quit, and that guy who made dinosaurs on a spaceship *shudders* is the new head, and there's no doctor who in 2016!?
ASJKDLFJDKLS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW SEASON WITH A NEW COMPANION!!

*deep breaths* Still... hiatus aside... I'm actually mostly looking forward to this.

Firstly, it'll be nice to have a change of pace. I mean, not that I really disliked Moffat, but uh, it just seems like a good time to have a new showrunner in, you know? Besides, I was starting to get tired of a lot of old Moffat-isms, and it feels like he's been showrunner for a very long time. A bit too long, I think. :/ It'll be nice to have someone new.

Also... given how many people stopped watching once Moffat took over (as if Davies fuckin' defined the series and that anything after that just 'wasn't Doctor Who anymore'... which, as many of you know, really bothers me), I can only hope that some ex-fans might see this as an opportunity to give the show a second chance. OwO

In fact, now that I think about it...

I REALLY CANNOT FUCKING WAIT FOR EVERYONE TO START GETTING NOSTALGIC OVER MOFFAT AND ACTING LIKE HIS ERA WAS SO MUCH BETTER EVEN IF A LOT OF THOSE SAME PEOPLE USED TO KIND OF HATE HIM. >w< JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO RUSSEL T. DAVIES.

Although... wait, speaking of Moffat vs Davies...

OH, oh, oohhhhhh no. Now I'm concerned.

Because, so far, every past New Who Doctor (except for Eccleston) was around for exactly three seasons. ...Granted, that means that a grand total of two Doctors had that exact number of seasons, so, I'm not sure if it's really fair to count that as a trend, but since the New Who lineup kind of defines the show for most people and Eccleston was always considered an exception to most things, it's understandable how people would probably expect three seasons from each Doctor from now on.

And... following that rule... it would stand to reason that Capaldi's last season would be season 10... which they said would be Moffat's last season, which would mean that season 11 would mean a new Doctor and a new showrunner...

AND I AM VERY VERY CONCERNED THAT THEY WILL REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES AS LAST TIME, AND I DO NOT WANT THAT. FOR THE SAKE OF THE SHOW AND ITS FANBASE, I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT KIND OF DIVIDE HAPPEN EVER AGAIN. And this is especially concerning given the fact that the Davies/Moffat switch is the only transition from one showrunner to another that New Who has seen so far, so there's reason to assume that it might sort of set a precedent... but I really hope it doesn't. ;_;

I mean, thankfully, there's no guarantee that Capaldi will stop after three seasons... Capaldi's been saying from the start that he wants to be the Doctor for a very long time (I think one time he even said he wanted to rival that of Tom Baker?? Not sure though, I might be misremembering something else), so, you know, it's entirely possible that Capaldi will stick around longer... and that we won't see him leave until we've had at least one season with this new guy... which would be much better than the alternative...

Although, the fact that they keep calling season 10 a "12-part finale" to Moffat's era leaves me very worried that it'll have a similar effect to what The End of Time did for all of Davies' plotlines... which would definitely not be good for avoiding that whole divide thing I was talking about... and if Capaldi does leave at the end of season 10, then, well... ohhhhhh it'll be even worse then last time.......

......So, I have very mixed feelings on all of this. Or, rather, I'm cool with getting a new showrunner, but, it's the transition between the two that I'm worried about... and a lot of it depends on whether or not Capaldi plans to stick around into season 11...
I stop paying attention for one day and....
Yeah, funny that this happened on, like, the one day that I didn't get a chance to check Tumblr. I most definitely would've heard of this by now, otherwise. @_@

Last edited:
And... following that rule... it would stand to reason that Capaldi's last season would be season 10... which they said would be Moffat's last season, which would mean that season 11 would mean a new Doctor and a new showrunner...
... What?

Capaldi's only had two seasons so far, the next one coming is to be his third.
And if Moffat is now gone (and as a result we get no Doctor Who for 2016) would that not mean the new writer will be writing his third season?
Capaldi's been saying from the start that he wants to be the Doctor for a very long time (I think one time he even said he wanted to rival that of Tom Baker?? Not sure though, I might be misremembering something else)
YEEEEESSSS!!!

Capaldi's amazing, I want him to stay! :3
Although, the fact that they keep calling season 10 a "12-part finale" to Moffat's era leaves me very worried that it'll have a similar effect to what The End of Time did for all of Davies' plotlines... which would definitely not be good for avoiding that whole divide thing I was talking about... and if Capaldi does leave at the end of season 10, then, well... ohhhhhh it'll be even worse then last time.......
Wait, why would this be even worse?
Aren't fans generally happy to see Moffat gone?

Doctor Who Fans seem to be cheering everywhere about losing Moffat. :/

But he wasn't bad at all, he was just less good than the first writer.
That's the worse out of only 2 writers... It's not really fair to shit on him considering.
OwO Nope! This is only happening because everyone always hates the current showrunner compared to what came before!

In fact, do enough digging around the interwebs and you'll find quite a bit of Classic Who fans hating on Davies in much the same way that people hate on Moffat today. But then, once the switch happened, everyone directed their hate onto Moffat, and suddenly Davies was the best writer/showrunner ever. Hell, they even made the same criticisms of Davies that everyone makes of Moffat now! (ie: changing too many things about the show, retconning things, betraying older plotlines, etc).

But, you know, nostalgia's a powerful thing. I'm sure we can expect something similar to happen this time.

I just can't wait for all the Moffat-nostalgia to steadily become more and more prevalent as I sit there with a dumb little smirk on my face like "I knew it would happen~" =w=

OwO Nope! This is only happening because everyone always hates the current showrunner compared to what came before!

In fact, do enough digging around the interwebs and you'll find quite a bit of Classic Who fans hating on Davies in much the same way that people hate on Moffat today. But then, once the switch happened, everyone directed their hate onto Moffat, and suddenly Davies was the best writer/showrunner ever. Hell, they even made the same criticisms of Davies that everyone makes of Moffat now! (ie: changing too many things about the show, retconning things, betraying older plotlines, etc).

But, you know, nostalgia's a powerful thing. I'm sure we can expect something similar to happen this time.

I just can't wait for all the Moffat-nostalgia to steadily become more and more prevalent as I sit there with a dumb little smirk on my face like "I knew it would happen~" =w=
I get that. I'm just saying the criticism is unfair.
The guy didn't do a bad job at all.

Like personally I did prefer Davies plots better, before ever knowing that a writer switch apparently happened at the start of Matt Smith.
But still, he was worse than one writer... Not exactly any logical grounds for 'fans' to be claiming he ruined the show.

But yea, that's what blind Nostalgia does to you. >.<

... What?

Capaldi's only had two seasons so far, the next one coming is to be his third.
And if Moffat is now gone (and as a result we get no Doctor Who for 2016) would that not mean the new writer will be writing his third season?
Moffat's final season will be season 10. The show's going on hiatus for 2016 (save for a Christmas special), and then returning in 2017 with season 10, which Moffat is supposedly treating like a "finale" of sorts (which worries me...). Then season 11 will be in 2018 with the new showrunner.

Which means that, if Capaldi continues the trend of only staying for three seasons, he would be leaving the show as a package deal with Moffat, which is the scenario that worries me...

Wait, why would this be even worse?
Aren't fans generally happy to see Moffat gone?
Some fans are, but not everyone hates Moffat. Plus, like I said, I can guarantee that nostalgia will start to kick in after a season or two.

My concern is that it'll create the same sort of divide that the Ten/Eleven regeneration did, as I've already ranted on more than one occasion about why it was probably one of the most jarring transitions from one era to the next in the show's history. To sum up: new Doctor + new showrunner + new companions + new TARDIS interior + new FUCKIN' SCREWDRIVER EVEN + basically new everything, all while abandoning almost everything that Davies incorporated into the show (as emphasized by the farewell scene for all those companions that we're probably never seeing again...), is pretty much the entire reason why there's such a Ten-vs-Eleven/Davies-vs-Moffat mentality in the first place. @_@ TOO MANY THINGS CHANGED ALL AT ONCE, and it's what caused a lot of people to just stop watching the show right then and there and/or develop a strong distaste for Moffat's style just because everything was too different.

Every other regeneration the show ever had was always much smoother, keeping most other things the same to give people time to get used to the new Doctor, so that the switch wasn't so jarring (look at Nine vs Ten or Eleven vs Twelve and I think you'll find that, in both those cases, the before-and-after pictures of the show overall are much more similar than that of Ten vs Eleven...). And, although switching showrunners doesn't happen as often, you would think that it should be treated with just as much care... but it wasn't. Not when Moffat took over, anyway. Granted, I have a feeling that, if Tennant were to have stuck around one season into Moffat's era, the difference between Davies and Moffat wouldn't have felt nearly as bad as it did.

Basically, although it's great that the show can change as much as it does, it needs to happen gradually, or else the change will be too much for a lot of people to take and they'll just give up on the show, condemning the newer actors/writers/whatever for the incredibly new feel of the show that they're not used to.

The Davies/Moffat transition was so incredibly jarring and was just such a massive divide in terms of what the show was before and after, mostly because it wasn't just a Davies/Moffat transition but a Ten/Eleven transition, as well. And, I mean, have you noticed just how much that one moment in the show's history has impacted the show and its fanbase, even to this day? Have you ever thought about how much it impacted just the way we look at Davies' and Moffat's entire eras in general? And just how much the fans' relationship with the writers changed once Moffat came in? And how many people stopped watching??

It left scars on the show and its fanbase, and I do not want to see it happen again. @_@

But, you know, so long as Capaldi doesn't leave at the same time that Moffat does, hopefully I won't need to be so concerned...

I get that. I'm just saying the criticism is unfair.
The guy didn't do a bad job at all.

Like personally I did prefer Davies plots better, before ever knowing that a writer switch apparently happened at the start of Matt Smith.
But still, he was worse than one writer... Not exactly any logical grounds for 'fans' to be claiming he ruined the show.

But yea, that's what blind Nostalgia does to you. >.<
Yeah, you're right, the criticism is unfair. It's all nostalgia. *shrugs*

Hell, the same thing can sort of be said about... well, anything. US presidents are a good example (and the same can probably be said for the leaders of other countries, too). Everyone has so many complaints to make about whoever's currently in charge, but no one ever looks at any particular president fairly until years after they've left office, when it's easier to give a fair look at how they compare to the guys that came before and after them. :P So, this isn't an exclusively Doctor Who phenomenon. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Moffat's final season will be season 10. The show's going on hiatus for 2016 (save for a Christmas special), and then returning in 2017 with season 10, which Moffat is supposedly treating like a "finale" of sorts (which worries me...). Then season 11 will be in 2018 with the new showrunner.

Which means that, if Capaldi continues the trend of only staying for three seasons, he would be leaving the show as a package deal with Moffat, which is the scenario that worries me...
Wait... If it's not cause of the writer switch than why the 2016 hiatus? >.<
It left scars on the show and its fanbase, and I do not want to see it happen again. @_@

But, you know, so long as Capaldi doesn't leave at the same time that Moffat does, hopefully I won't need to be so concerned...
I understand all of that.
I was asking how considering all that, how you thought the Capaldi -> ??? switch would be even worse than David -> Matt.

Wait... If it's not cause of the writer switch than why the 2016 hiatus? >.<
According to this article, it's partially because Moffat wants season 10 to be "something big" that'll be "worth the wait" and also because 2016 is the year of other big events like the Olympics and "the Euros" (I am far too American to even pretend I have any idea what that is), so I guess they didn't want this big, special season to be overshadowed by anything.

I understand all of that.
I was asking how considering all that, how you thought the Capaldi -> ??? switch would be even worse than David -> Matt.
Because part of the reason why the Davies/Moffat switch was so bad was because The End of Time pretty much served as a huge finale to Davies' entire era (but especially Ten's era), especially thanks to that whole bit where we got one last look at all of the companions and other side-characters from the era that we're never getting back. And then, the actual regeneration itself was more over-the-top and had more emotional buildup than any regeneration the show had seen thus far (although it did sort of set a precedent in that regard... hmm, I'm noticing quite a pattern with Ten and setting precedents like that....), therefore emphasizing everything about Ten and Davies coming to an end and creating an even deeper divide between it and the season that followed. It was basically Davies creating the best finale possible, not only for Tennant but for himself, as well -- and, I mean, making the ending to an era really feel like a finale is fine and all, but, when too many things are coming to an end, and you're not leaving enough things alone to smooth out the transition... yeah, then you're just emphasizing a very present problem by wrapping up all your own loose ends and having the next guy start from scratch.

In fact, now that I think about it... End of Time was very much written as if it was supposed to be the finale to an entire show altogether, not just a season or even an era. @_@ In fact, the same can sort of be said about the season 4 finale (which, by the way, is a three-parter, longer than any other New Who season finale), which felt like it was trying to be an ending for pretty much Tennant's entire era thus far as opposed to just that season (particularly regarding the way they brought Rose back, as well as a bunch of other tiny plot threads and small details that kind of came full circle). So, between the season 4 finale and The End of Time (which was also a lot longer than a typical Christmas special...), the whole thing sort of felt like the ending to an entire show, what with the endings it gave us to so many characters... No wonder season 5 felt so vastly different. @_@

And the thing is... Moffat's framing season 10 as if it's supposed to be a finale for him, too. Or, at the very least, something very big and exciting to leave off on. Which means that, if he tries to handle things similarly to how Davies did (which, unfortunately, I can very easily see him doing, given how much pride he takes in his own over-complicated plotlines...), he's essentially giving himself AN ENTIRE SEASON to create the same overblown finale for himself and Capaldi that Davies created for himself and Tennant (but, again, this is only super-concerning if Capaldi is in fact leaving at the end of season 10).

And what makes it even worse is the fact that, compared to Davies, Moffat's plotlines tend to happen on a much bigger scale in general, and are often more complicated, and he likes to pat himself on the back for all that clever writing a lot more often than Davies did. So, if we're going to have a repeat of Davies/Tennant's ending... yeah, Moffat's writing style by itself suggests that it probably most likely will do everything that the season 4 finale/End of Time did and all to an even greater degree, which is what I'm concerned about.

But um *cough* all of this is very heavily based on a lot of speculation and "what ifs", and there are a lot of factors still up in the air that could greatly improve this situation, so... yeah, guess we'll just have to wait and see what'll happen.

...It'll be a long wait, though.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
So basically it's a concern about it being another big shift, but even bigger?

Yea, I can definitely see the concern in that. :/

So basically it's a concern about it being another big shift, but even bigger?

Yea, I can definitely see the concern in that. :/
Yup. :/

Like I said, the ending to Ten's era feels very self-congratulating. Meanwhile, LOTS of Moffat's writing already feels self-congratulatory... >> If anyone's capable of pulling off the same overblown finale that Davies did, except more overblown, it would be him.

I only hope he proves to be smarter than that and helps ease Chibnall into it a bit...

Well we'll see what happens in a year I guess...
In the mean time I'm going to be New Who starved.

Well we'll see what happens in a year I guess...
In the mean time I'm going to be New Who starved.
Mhmm... *puts Doctor Who on the list of things to wait for next to Sherlock, Homestuck, and Hiveswap*

Yup....

*Sigh*

At least there's Game of Thrones...

*Sigh*

At least there's Game of Thrones...
At least there's... um... *attempts to find info on the return of Steven Universe, finds nothing*

Uh... yeah, I got nothin'.

ALSO, SPEAKING OF SHERLOCK THOUGH, DID YOU EVENTUALLY SEE THE RECENT SPECIAL?

At least there's... um... *attempts to find info on the return of Steven Universe, finds nothing*

Uh... yeah, I got nothin'.

ALSO, SPEAKING OF SHERLOCK THOUGH, DID YOU EVENTUALLY SEE THE RECENT SPECIAL?
... I'LL GET TO IT SOON!

IGM+RDM+interacting+1.png

Or not...

I thought I'd get around to it sooner... ;A;

Name: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Prefers to be called JoJo. Any other name will garner no response, and any mockery will not be received well.)
Appearance:
JoJo is tall (195 cm/6'5") handsome, and powerfully built, with a strong jaw, bold eyebrows, and light eyes. He has short, dark and unkempt hair, parts of his bangs shooting outwards in spikes, apart from which he closely resembles the first JoJo, Jonathan Joestar. He wears a visored, ornamented cap, torn at the back and blending with his hair, and a roughly mid-calf-length coat with a standing collar and chains attached. Underneath the coat, JoJo wears a tank top cut above the navel, gloves studded at the knuckles, and wears a pair of slim-fitting ¥20,000 pants of very short, sharp flares; and two slim belts, often differently colored, patterned in a row of alternately colored tessellated triangles (reflecting Caesar/Joseph's headband), along with a pair of leather shoes without socks.

Jojo%20fandom_zps9hn73in0.png
Personality: On the outside, Jojo is a rough-looking individual, with a hot temper, and a knack for starting fights when others get on his bad side. He maintains a stern visage, and remains calm and cool under stressful situations, where most others would crack, and has an impeccable tactical mind. He enjoys deploying strategies on enemies mid-battle, and more often than not catches them off-guard. He can quickly learn and read people to the point where he can tell them what they are going to say next, before defeating them. It is often said by those that know him that he has never lost a battle.
However, on the inside, JoJo is fierce, and gentle, sparing his opponents, and showing them respect after a battle. He would go out of his way to protect innocents, going so far as to jump in the way of an attack that would harm a bystander, or trying to rescue someone even when his own life was in danger. He doesn't show these feelings in his expressions, because he thinks that anyone that knows him well enough can see these deeper feelings just by looking at him.
Abilities and Equipment:

The Ripple: Jojo is capable of using an energy called the ripple (or Hamon), which is powered by a special breathing technique. The ripple allows Jojo to flow his energy into things using "ripples". Ripples conduct best through liquids and metals, but they can conduct just fine through other materials as well. The effects of ripples in damage are more often than not felt in the form of burns, or shocks, and these ripples are especially harmful to vampires, and creatures weak to sunlight. If Jojo's breathing is stopped, or he loses a lot of blood, using the ripple becomes difficult.

These ripples can accomplish many feats, and among them are:​
  • Charging a soda-bottle with energy and popping the cap with the pressure of the ripple, powerful enough to crush bone.
  • Walking on water
  • Electrocuting a foe using a rope charged with ripple
  • Regenerating minor injuries such as cuts, and numbing pain felt from injuries.
  • Touching a person, and filling them with ripple energy to knock them out.
  • Controlling the shape of flexible or mold-able objects.
Ripple conducting equipment: Jojo has a pair of steel ball clacker toys coated in oil, a scarf, and a legendary sword named Pluck, all of which conduct ripple energy well. Among the most powerful object in his arsenal is a red gem called the Red Stone of Aja. It has a perfect shape with which to refract and magnify hamon energy 1,000,000 times, and produce a lazer as powerful and hot as the sun.

Star Diamond

Star Diamond is something called a stand. A stand is like a manifestation of it's user's fighting spirit, And it's sole purpose is to protect and fight for it's user. In JoJo's case, however, he prefers to use his ripple until he HAS to bring out Star Diamond as a trump card. Normally, a stand would be incapable of being seen by normal people, but, Star Diamond can be seen by anyone when it has been summoned (besides ordinary humans). Star platinum has a maximum range of 7 feet (or 2 meters) and cannot move farther than that distance from JoJo. In JJBA's source material stands cannot be damaged by anything less than another stand, and it seems this carries over to the fandom world as well. Though, it might not be just that. Star Diamond is a very durable stand, it might just be that it hasn't been hit with something hard enough, or the right way yet. If someone did damage Star Diamond, the damage would translate over to JoJo as well.

When it is in use, and summoned, Star Diamond looks like this:
2390237-splatinum_asbnofondo.png
The capabilities of this stand are as follows:

Super speed: SD is capable of catching a bullet in air (but only one), and can launch barrages of punches in seconds.
Super strength: SD can break a 4"thick steel wall, and lift up a car filled with people with one hand. (with no visible strain)
Self-Preservation: SD is aware of things that may happen to JoJo even if he is not, and will do it's utmost to protect him, even while he is unconscious. It can phase through his body to stop bullets or knives from puncturing major organs, and will act even without orders, or disobey orders from JoJo to save him.
Enhanced eyesight and precision: SD can see things in fine detail up to 4km away, and has un-shaking hands, capable of surgically removing foreign objects like bullets from a body with just it's fingers.
Phasing: JoJo or SD may choose what SD comes into contact with. I.E. reaching through a person's body to punch someone behind them, or pulling a foreign object out of a body without touching the body.
Star Finger: SD can stretch it's fingers up to two meters to stab foes with in a moment's notice.
Restoration: This power allows SD to restore objects or organisms back to a state in their history. Star Diamond must touch the object, or a piece of it for it to be restored, then the pieces will pull together again, even from vast distances to become whole again. Star Diamond cannot heal JoJo, and cannot restore life to dead organisms.

Home: Joestar Mansion. Joestar Mansion is set on an island just off the coast of fandom city. The island is not only home to the mansion, but also has two connecting islands, one with a tower used for ripple training, and a spiked arena, and another that holds a chariot race track, and a dark and abandoned mansion.
Quirks:
If a dog, or any dog-like animal is harmed, JoJo will instantly fly into a rage.
If you comment on his hair, Jojo will also instantly fly into a rage.
Comparing the futility of one's (x) to (x) animal shit in (x) location. I.E. "Your words are as useless as rat shit on a sidewalk"
"You thought that it was (x), but it was I, JoJo!"
Flurry of punches: MudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMuda or OraOraOraOraOraOraOraOraOra
Winning, or having just won: WWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
When annoyed: "Yare Yare Daze" Or, "Gimme a fucking break."
When insulted/angered: "What did you just say? Say that again slower. Depending on what you say, I might have to kick your ass!"
When surprised: "OHHMMYYGOOOOOD!" (Bad engrish)
When something terrible happens: "OHHHNOOOOOOOOO!" or "HOLLYYSSSHHITT" (Bad engrish)
"Your next line is (X)"
Striking poses at inopportune times.
Wearing fabulous clothing.
Telling that someone is lying just by licking, or smelling them.

Last edited: