@Rithas I don't think I realized until now just how long it had been since you last posted for DA. I wouldn't have been so eager to skip you if I'd known... no wonder you weren't posting! @_@

I'll have that summary up for you soon, but uh, don't be afraid to mention it to me if you get this far behind again. @_@ I really can't blame you too much for putting off posting, all things considered, even though that sort of put you in a vicious cycle...

In other news, I need to re-think the way I make note of posting cycles and all that, so that it's much easier to tell when someone's been skipped consecutively...

@Rithas

RIGHT SO

THINGS THAT HAPPENED WHILE YOU WERE AWAY:

DRAGON AGE FIRST:

Starting around where you left off: DA had just witnessed DW knocking out RvB and was utterly shocked by it. DW then just laughed it off and rambled about how Ten's made everyone think that the Doctor was always a pacifist even though some of the earlier regenerations had some rather iconic fighting moves. He then handcuffed RvB to one of the decorative pillar things in the console room while he and a few other fandoms confiscated all of his weapons (although the Doctor made it clear that looting him wasn't really the intention).

Also, around this time, AoT finally made it inside to at least let Touhou know he was ok, and then he left to get a ride home in Night Vale's helicopter. Hunger Games also wandered off to do her own thing at this point (and I haven't re-introduced her since).

Then the TARDIS cloister bell went off, alerting everyone to fact that something bad was going on that they should probably be paying attention to. Doctor Who suspected that it probably had to do with either the Dalek mess that he'd neglected to deal with until now or some leftover Trickster aftermath, so he had the group split up and told everyone to decide whether they wanted to come with him to the museum or stay in the Fandomverse and scout the city for Trickster stuff. In effect, though, this meant that everyone except for Touhou was going with the Doctor (well, save for some drop-out characters that I said also stayed in the city — just to have an excuse to clean them out of the group).

Once the TARDIS landed, the Doctor reminded everyone of what they were up against: Daleks and Cybermen. He informed them all that Cybermen were weak to gold and that Daleks didn't really have much of a weakness save for that one nifty baseball bat, but DA's ice magic worked well enough on them last time, so they can just keep on using that.

Final Fantasy tried to talk strategy with him before they headed out, but DW really isn't all that strategic, and he had more of a "well I thought we'd just walk around and learn things and then have some breakthrough where we know exactly how to set things right" mentality about the whole thing, so FF's words were kind of lost on him.

Around this time, Sherlock made his way back into the console room after spending a good chunk of time wandering around the TARDIS corridors and having a timey-whimey encounter with a past version of the Beatles from 1980 (if you missed all of this, don't worry too much about it. It really wasn't all too important). And, yeah, the Doctor was still pretty annoyed at Sherlock (even though he hadn't even noticed that Sherlock had left to begin with until just then).

They then poked their heads outside and saw that the museum was in way worse shape than they left it, complete with dead bodies littering the floor and everything. Fire Emblem tried talking strategy with Final Fantasy and asked if he knew were they could get a map of the place, but DW, enraged by the sight in front of him, insisted that they didn't need a map and that they could just follow him, as he'd already picked up the sound of Cyberman activity and headed in that direction. He made it pretty clear by the way he talked that he had no intention of showing these creatures even the slightest bit of empathy, and that he just wanted to wipe them all out as soon as possible and get it over with.

Sherlock then continued to live up to his title as a fucking sadist like holy shit "high-functioning" sociopath and went on to say pretty much all of the worst possible things to piss the Doctor off even further (and, if you're curious as to what exactly he said, then I'll just let you read it yourself because holy shit summarizing it here wouldn't do it justice), even going on to suggest that he might try to fake his own death at some point just for the Doctor's reaction, at which point a Cyberman appeared from around a corner and electrocuted Sherlock, sending him falling to the ground.

Aaaaand that's pretty much brings us to where we are now. (In fact, I recommend reading the last couple posts from this group on the past page or two, even though I still summarized them here.)

NEXT, WE HAVE FIFA, even though you're not nearly as behind with him. But, I might as well whip something up for you while I'm at it:

Last we saw a post from you, Clannad had attempted to ear-rape everyone play the violin, and Trigun then shot the thing out of her hands. In response to which, Clannad curled up in a ball on the ground and said nothing.

It then became apparent (partially due to slightly meta reasons) that the whole plan about visiting Dandy's registration center place wasn't going to work, and that Submachine's suggestions about what to do with the gem might be better. Trigun then said that Sub's idea about creating a replica body might be more effort than it's worth, especially since they all have no idea what they're doing, but that trying to bring the gem to a 'safe place' might be a good place to start.

Then Teen Titans appeared and expressed that she was slightly concerned about Clannad. Trigun then told her that they really have no idea what to even do with Clannad, not knowing what else to give as an answer.

Then, in another group, shenanigans happened, and there was an explosion at the crash site for FF's airship, coupled with a beam of energy that shot into the sky.

Trigun saw the explosion and freaked out for a second, saying "It's July all over again!" and braced herself for the destruction of the entire city — only to soon realize that the explosion was fairly small and contained in one area, which is a lot better than what she thought was going on. She then hesitantly asked if they should investigate, knowing that it sort of contradicted their earlier plan about what to do with the gem, but, also acknowledging that none of them really had any idea what they were doing as far as SU's gem was concerned. Teen Titans agreed that that would be a good idea and that she'd like to tag along if the rest of the group would allow it.

This all leads into the thing I mentioned in the OOC about virtually every group all coming together on account of the explosion and my concern surrounding all of that, which I also suggest you read up on if you haven't already.

I'll try to really keep track of when people are skipped from here on out, to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. @_@

Name: Metal Gear (responds to Jack, David, Snake, Venom Snake, Punished Snake, Old Snake, Naked Snake, Solid Snake, Boss, Ishmael, and Big Boss as well.) (Note: This is just for laughs, you can call him MG or Metal Gear.)
Appearance:
FIGURE-011932.jpg

(for some reason, there were only good action figure images of him?!)
(
Anyway, His stealth suit looks different now, and his face has been screwed up with scars. He has a new bionic arm, and a piece of shrapnel sticking out of his forehead that looks like a horn.)​
Personality: The greatest soldier the world has ever known, unparalleled in skill and tactical smarts. Single-handedly taking down giant robots armed with missiles and high powered machine-guns, entire military fortresses, and supernatural entities is just another day in the life for him. He is a soul drawn to the inescapable maw of battle, and is cursed to live a life of war. He believes in fighting for his own beliefs, and not those of others, and is a person who's presence commands respect. He is merciful even to his enemies, and will not harm an individual incapable of defending themselves. He associates well with other soldiers, and tries his best to make a world where soldiers will always belong. He can be naive at times, but, at others he has a streak of brilliance about him. He is afraid of Vampires, and the supernatural, but brave enough to face them head on. He is unaware of any sexualities other than heterosexuality, and expresses confusion at the sight of such interactions. Such things take a while to sink in. However, he is quick on the draw with tactical situations, and can jump into battle at a moment's notice. Metal Gear is not a force one wants to draw the ire of.
Abilities: Peak human agility, strength, and endurance. Familiarity and skill with every weapon known to man, and the ability to lethally, or non-lethally take down a target unarmed. Nigh unbreakable willpower.
Equipment:
Pistols, Handguns, Assault rifles, all sorts of grenades, missiles, homing missiles, guided rockets, sniper rifles, tranquilizers, and even such strange weapons as: A gun that fires sunlight, a collection of high-frequency weapons, and other support items such as a fake death pill, medical supplies, magazines (to distract enemies), and a collection of cardboard boxes, all not seen on him, or encumbering him, but able to be equipped at any time within seconds.

Stealth Armor: This armor allows Metal Gear to disguise himself as others with a mask, or blend in with surroundings due to optic camo features. He can even refract light and become totally invisible. The suit is low-stress, and the boots make his footsteps have no sound to them. The armor can shrug off missle and 50-cal ordinance, and severely enhance his capabilities by providing him strength and agility far beyond what a normal human is capable of.

Bandana: infinite ammo.

Codec: A radio system he can use to call others that vibrates the small bones in his ears. Completely undetectable due to heavy encryption, and no audible sound coming from the device.

Bionic Arm: Metal Gear has a new bionic arm to replace his old one. (that could have easily been re-attached, but don't tell him that.) It is capable of being shot like a rocket to punch and knockout enemies, and to explode to do damage. It is capable of being remote controlled, but how this is done is a mystery. His arm has the additional ability of generating a wormhole that can pull people into his grip from up to twenty feet away, and can be slammed on the ground to be used for sonar purposes. The arm also causes him to regenerate damage quickly if he has taken no damage in around 10 seconds.

Fulton Recovery system: With his new Fulton recovery system, Metal gear can attach a sensor to an object or person, that will generate a wormhole above them that pulls them in and drops them off at Mother Base. Unlike previous Fulton devices, this one cannot be shot down, and may be used indoors! The limit of the size of said items is up to the size of a tank.

Home: Metal Gear has no true home, but owns a fortress in the ocean outside the fandom city called Mother Base, where he keeps his weapons, Helicopters, soldiers, etc. It's a large set of Hexagonal structures with buildings perched atop them and connective bridges between struts. It is said to be capable of launching nukes...
Quirks:
Smokes cigars. If you confuse them with cigarettes, or inform him of the health hazard, he will be irritated with you.
Eats all sorts of animals and plants, be they poisonous or not, as long as they are tasty (even if they are raw)
Hides in boxes, and as long as he doesn't move, he is undetectable.
In the middle of combat situations, he may use his codec... somehow he isn't attacked during the call...
Takes funny photos
Kisses posters of models
Shakes unconscious foes for supplies
Holds up foes for dog tags
Sometimes has hour long cut-scenes...
Prefers Non-lethal methods of elimination.
After all battles, Metal Gear will give himself a rating aloud.
May say "You feel it too, huh?", if he agrees with you.
Fultons his enemies to his mother base when defeated to recruit them. He enjoys fultoning anything not firmly attached to the ground.
He will also scan most enemies before fultoning them, and may scan them from a distance before fighting.
If he sees a weapon he likes but does not have, he may say it is... "A weapon to surpass Metal Gear"
If he has been fooled, he may say "They played me like a damn fiddle!"
If the morality or sanity of an act Metal Gear makes is questioned, he may reply with "(X), I'm aready a demon."
Enjoys alluding to "phantom pains"
Does not think he is the real Metal Gear. (Possibly due to a head injury.)

Last edited:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is next!

owns a fortress outside the fandom city (In a body of water?)
Um. Are you asking for permission, or...?

You can put it in water if you want (whether you want it to be out in the ocean or say that there's a small lake that it's in is up to you), or it could just be inland if you want. I'm not totally sure what you're asking here. o.o But uh, either way, I'd rather you commit to something and put it in the CS rather than leave a question mark there. XD

Prefers Non-lethal methods of elimination.
I'M SORRY WHAT WAS THAT??? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF THAT ONE BAND I LISTEN TO A LOT.

Um. Are you asking for permission, or...?

You can put it in water if you want (whether you want it to be out in the ocean or say that there's a small lake that it's in is up to you), or it could just be inland if you want. I'm not totally sure what you're asking here. o.o But uh, either way, I'd rather you commit to something and put it in the CS rather than leave a question mark there. XD

I'M SORRY WHAT WAS THAT??? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF THAT ONE BAND I LISTEN TO A LOT.
I put the question mark there because I wanted you to address it! That was my plan all along! Motherbase is set in the ocean in the series, and I was gonna ask if it was cool to put it there, and if the ocean seemed big enough to have the Motherbase miles out. If it is, then all doubt is removed.

I'M SORRY, WHAT WAS THAT??? I DIDN'T GET THE REFERENCE HARD ENOUGH.

I put the question mark there because I wanted you to address it! That was my plan all along! Motherbase is set in the ocean in the series, and I was gonna ask if it was cool to put it there, and if the ocean seemed big enough to have the Motherbase miles out. If it is, then all doubt is removed.
Oh yeah, definitely!

I'm glad that expansion pack is getting some use! XD I might not have approved it if I hadn't fleshed the place out and added those kinds of locations. o.o

I'M SORRY, WHAT WAS THAT??? I DIDN'T GET THE REFERENCE HARD ENOUGH.
ARE YOU BEING SARCASTIC TO KEEP THE JOKE GOING OR ARE YOU HONESTLY SAYING THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS REFERENCING? BECAUSE I CAN'T TELL.

Oh yeah, definitely!

I'm glad that expansion pack is getting some use! XD I might not have approved it if I hadn't fleshed the place out and added those kinds of locations. o.o

ARE YOU BEING SARCASTIC TO KEEP THE JOKE GOING OR ARE YOU HONESTLY SAYING THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS REFERENCING? BECAUSE I CAN'T TELL.
Then would Motherbase be a key location? Or would that be determined later if it gets some use?
I could totes flesh it out more for you.

THE BEATLES.

Then would Motherbase be a key location? Or would that be determined later if it gets some use?
I could totes flesh it out more for you.
o.o You could turn it into a key location if you wanted to open the opportunity for other fandoms to be around there kind of whenever as opposed to it only serving as a private abode (also, I like the name "key locations"... fewer syllables than "noteworthy"... I might keep that for myself). If you want to turn it into a key location, though, it might be a couple days till we can really get that ball rolling, since we'd have to discuss it in PM's. I'm moving back into my dorm room tomorrow so things'll be a bit hectic and I'll probably be short on time.

THE BEATLES.
MORE SPECIFICALLY THE VERY "NON-VIOLENT" WAY METAL GEAR DEALT WITH HIM EARLIER BUT YEAH.

o.o You could turn it into a key location if you wanted to open the opportunity for other fandoms to be around there kind of whenever as opposed to it only serving as a private abode (also, I like the name "key locations"... fewer syllables than "noteworthy"... I might keep that for myself). If you want to turn it into a key location, though, it might be a couple days till we can really get that ball rolling, since we'd have to discuss it in PM's. I'm moving back into my dorm room tomorrow so things'll be a bit hectic and I'll probably be short on time.

MORE SPECIFICALLY THE VERY "NON-VIOLENT" WAY METAL GEAR DEALT WITH HIM EARLIER BUT YEAH.
I do want that. A) it is a very large place, with plenty of room for fandom "recruits" and B) Did I mention it's super huge? In the metal gear timeline, I believe it was it's own country at one time, like the vatican or something. It wouldn't be crazy to have visiting or civilian fandoms about. Motherbase published it's own global magazines, and had radio and TV shows, I believe.

It was actually Megaman that shot Beatles with a Nikita missile. Metal gear planned on hitting him with a sleep-gas packed non-lethal rocket round that would have stopped him from falling, and ballooned him back to mother base. A fulton rocket.

I do want that. A) it is a very large place, with plenty of room for fandom "recruits" and B) Did I mention it's super huge? In the metal gear timeline, I believe it was it's own country at one time, like the vatican or something. It wouldn't be crazy to have visiting or civilian fandoms about. Motherbase published it's own global magazines, and had radio and TV shows, I believe.
Oh, yeah, that could work. o.o PM me the info you want to include and we'll hash out any remaining necessary details as we go. But um, like I said, it might be a while till I can respond, so uh, feel free to take your time on that. ^^"

It was actually Megaman that shot Beatles with a Nikita missile. Metal gear planned on hitting him with a sleep-gas packed non-lethal rocket round that would have stopped him from falling, and ballooned him back to mother base. A fulton rocket.
...Was it?

...Oh.

.....Hmm.

Oh, yeah, that could work. o.o PM me the info you want to include and we'll hash out any remaining necessary details as we go. But um, like I said, it might be a while till I can respond, so uh, feel free to take your time on that. ^^"

...Was it?

...Oh.

.....Hmm.
Alrighty. I'll definitely hash it out once JoJo is up.

Mhm.

ALSO

Remember when I said I'd have to make some tweaks to the system I use to keep track of posting cycles in order to avoid the situation Rithas was in where I hadn't even realized just how far behind he'd fallen?

Well, there's a reason why you've probably never heard of this system before -- I keep all my notes offline because, the way I use them, they take on the form of raw info without any explanation as to what it's all supposed to mean -- and I figured that trying to format it into something that makes sense to all of you here so that you guys could keep track of it yourselves would probably just make things more confusing for all sorts of reasons... So, I decided that just leaving these notes for myself and sending out posting reminders when needed would work a lot better.

Except, you know, apparently it resulted in me not noticing when people were falling way behind. Soooo I made an updated version with a fancy new asterisk system!
my offline posting notes said:
TT, Trigun, Bebop/Dandy, Submachine, Clannad****, Fifa****,

FL, Star Wars, DHM, Megaman*, Type-Moon****, Hitchhiker**********,

ADR, Mass Effect, ???,

Sherlock, D/C, Doctor Who, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy*, Dragon Age******,
And, while I realize that the limited information you're seeing here still doesn't make it totally clear what you're actually looking at or how this system of mine works exactly... hopefully we can all agree that it is now much easier to see when a character is falling behind. Which means, @Rithas, that it will be much easier from here on out to prevent you or anyone else from getting stuck in the same vicious cycle that you were apparently caught in.

I'm glad I took the time to do this. OwO"

• Useful
Reactions: Raven
Alrighty. I'll definitely hash it out once JoJo is up.

Mhm.
And don't forget to edit the question mark and all that out of your CS. I'd prefer you do that before worrying about sending me a detailed info dump or anything, so that your CS won't still be awkwardly-worded when I edit it into the accepted list and all that.

And don't forget to edit the question mark and all that out of your CS. I'd prefer you do that before worrying about sending me a detailed info dump or anything, so that your CS won't still be awkwardly-worded when I edit it into the accepted list and all that.

Donerino. Working on JoJo now.

Reactions: Kagayours
ALSO, while I'm talking about GM stuff: I officially added Hitchhiker to the drop-out list just now, because, yeah, there's no real reason to keep him around at this point.

Thank you Kaga,

Also like...Moffat quit, and that guy who made dinosaurs on a spaceship *shudders* is the new head, and there's no doctor who in 2016!?

I stop paying attention for one day and....

Doctor Who Fans seem to be cheering everywhere about losing Moffat. :/

But he wasn't bad at all, he was just less good than the first writer.
That's the worse out of only 2 writers... It's not really fair to shit on him considering.