CS for A Dark Room/The Ensign!

Name:
A Dark Room/The Ensign. Also answers to "ADR", "TE", "Dark Room", and "Ensign". Prefers to be referred to as "ADR" or "Dark Room".

Says he identifies as male. Actual gender is ambiguous.

Appearance:
Has dark/tanned skin, short dark hair, well-built figure (strong and healthy). 8 arms. 4 eyes, white irises, black @ symbols in the pupils. Otherwise looks human. (This is my idea of what a Wanderer might look like.) Wears armor when travelling, usually leather, but stronger if necessary. Almost always wears a large black hooded cloak. It hides the inhuman features (upper two eyes and 6 of 8 arms).

Personality:
Curious and confrontational.
Adventurous and ambitious.
Resourceful.
A fighter at heart. Can get aggressive at times. Has the urge to initiate combat with anyone he encounters who seems dangerous or appears armed. Must fight this urge when encountering those he knows.

Equipment:
Comfortable leather armor on his body. Wears stronger armor of iron or steel if needed. For a long journey or dangerous mission.
Crude locket around his neck. Looks ordinary. Holds great power.
Compass in his pocket. Shows direction. Can lead its holder to places noteworthy or important.
Carries a rucksack. Contains water, food, torches, grenades, bullets, bolas, and other supplies.
Carries at least one weapon. Bone spear. Iron sword. Steel sword. Rifle. Bone spear is usually enough.
Always has these when going out.

Abilities:
Can be revived upon death by someone wearing the locket (including himself). User must wear it, not just hold it. Normal revival takes a few minutes. Self revival takes a few seconds. Ends up back home upon self-revival.
Can revive others with the locket. Takes a few minutes. Drains energy slightly.
Recovers partial health rapidly by consuming food. Useful in combat. Typical for a combat-based RPG fandom.
Skilled in building, brawling, using weapons, and operating aicrafts.

Home:
A small one-room house made of wood in the forest, just outside of the city. No lights inside, except for the fire pit in the center. Keeps it lit as long as he can. Likes it warm and bright. Two small square-shaped windows high up on the walls, opposite each other, facing due east and due west. Lets in some natural light. A single large walk-in closet filled with food, supplies, materials, and weapons. Used to be an outdoor shed attached to the house. Thieves were stealing supplies. He moved the door so it opens into the room.

Quirks:
Feels much more comfortable in rooms with lit fires in them. Even a small candle brings him comfort.
As a phrase of good-will to others, he sometimes says half of A Dark Room's tagline: "May the fire burn brightly for you." To those he is emotionally closer to, he says the full tagline: "May the fire burn brightly for you; may it keep you warm."
Speaks and thinks in broken/fragmented sentences. Mimics text in the games.

Other:
Represents the fandoms for both A Dark Room and its sequel, The Ensign. Both fanbases are more or less the same, anyway. Prefers to be known as the ADR fandom.

I've edited this to include everything that needed to be in there. Works out better than I thought it would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Fallen London says hi to Star Wars, then looks up and says hi to DHM. Is that alright?
Oh, I missed the fact DHM was also with us. :/

Oh, I missed the fact DHM was also with us. :/
Yeah, DHM was flying by and FL called out to him after speaking to Star Wars. So DHM was the one defying gravity. I almost got that mixed up as well. For future reference, @Soulless you should probably make it a bit more clear who your character is referring to so that these mix-ups don't happen again.

Gen, are you going to edit your post? Or should I go ahead with posting mine? Not that much would change, but I wanna give you a chance to edit if you're going to do so.

Sorry.... I'll try to be clearer and not so rushed next post, I promise. :)
Oh no it wasn't that.
I wasn't even aware that fandom was in the area. XD

Yeah, DHM was flying by and FL called out to him after speaking to Star Wars. So DHM was the one defying gravity. I almost got that mixed up as well. For future reference, @Soulless you should probably make it a bit more clear who your character is referring to so that these mix-ups don't happen again.

Gen, are you going to edit your post? Or should I go ahead with posting mine? Not that much would change, but I wanna give you a chance to edit if you're going to do so.
I'll go edit it.

For future reference, @Soulless you should probably make it a bit more clear who your character is referring to so that these mix-ups don't happen again.
Yeah that's all my fault. I'll be sure it doesn't happen again, and sincerely sorry. :( I got too excited despite myself.

As of now I have edited the CS, would you like me to repost it?
I could go back and find it, but, reposting it makes things easier, I suppose.

Yeah that's all my fault. I'll be sure it doesn't happen again, and sincerely sorry. :( I got too excited despite myself.
Lol I know the feel. My first post, I almost had Sub teleport into the TARDIS because I didn't properly understand the summary Kaga provided. But now you know. And it was only the first post, So it's all good :) It was a great intro, too. Very nicely written.

Name: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, (Just call him Hitchhike if you feel so bloody tongue tied)
screenshot-2015-12-15-at-9-37-30-am-png.94311

Personality: Even though he's basically a humanoid with a guidebook, he's considered an altogether quiet and content fandom. He thoroughly enjoys the company of humans quite a bit. He was once great friends with the Star Trek and Doctor Who fandoms' (even though humans tend to like those two more than he- by a wide margin). He craves adventure, exploration, and tea! And no matter what will always stay calm.
Abilities and Equipment:
Already know's the Ultimate question and its Answer, an amazingly quick thinker when in danger, he possesses:
A guide that basically tells him whatever he needs to know.
A fish that was shoved in his ear, it can translate any language.
A thing his aunt gave him but can never seem to lose.
A Hitchhikers 'thumb' which lets him transport into any ship overhead. A black rod with two switches, one to summon an engineering robot to help with any repairs, and another to signal the passing ship that a hitchhiker wishes to come aboard.
His trusty towel.

Home: Hitchhike has a modest house in the Fandom Square. A house made of brick, looking rather squarish and squattish and has four windows on its front. Generally speaking, its proportions are entirely unappealing, however, this is where all of his collected items of exploration lay, and is more mysterious than its outward appearance may seem.
Quirks:
-Talks about adventures and space adamantly, but can never really get anywhere unless some highly improbable instance happens
-His pockets are always full of weird trinkets that you wouldn't expect people to have with them, like who carries around a "genuine miniature space fleet', and a horribly unappealing cheese sandwich?
-Never really changes out of his pajamas
-Insists on always having a positive look on any situation, and to remaining calm

Last edited: Today at 3:26 PM
Today at 10:15 AM
Bookmark− QuoteReply
More options
Any other little tidbits I'm missing out on?

@AquaTheLita @Rowdybull I'm a bit too spacey to concentrate on reading/critiquing CS's right now. I'll have to come back to these tomorrow. Maaaaaybe later tonight... but... probably tomorrow.

The ending to the Jontron StarCade finale.

THE ENDING TO THE JONTRON STARCADE FINALE.

THE ENDING TO THE JONTRON STARCADE FINALE

HOOOOLY SHIIIIIT I WAS NOT PREPAAAAAAAARED!!!

tumblr_nm7qexSS7M1rvudpco1_500.gif

@Gen. Magic Senpai

I apologize for not being able to give CS's a good look but still being able to scream about YouTube reviewers.

Don't worry about my gender, I haven't really got one. Though I suppose I'd be 'male' right now, since I just finished a 6-hour staring contest with my fridge."
And this has now become the most bizarre line that I have ever seen in a Roleplay. XD

Last edited:
Don't worry about my gender, I haven't really got one. Though I suppose I'd be 'male' right now, since I just finished a 6-hour staring contest with my fridge."​
And this has now become the most bizarre line that I have ever seen in an Roleplay. XD

Thank you. I take pride in that. :')​

Heilige Scheiße, this thread just exploded O_O. Note to self @neobullseye , carefully read the last three pages or so when you have the time.

*Looks at players who are almost considered drop outs*

I'M DYING OF THE FLU.....

KIILLLLLL MEEE

Heilige Scheiße, this thread just exploded O_O. Note to self @neobullseye , carefully read the last three pages or so when you have the time.
You were tagged quite a few times. Maybe it makes the most sense to just start there?

But uh, yeah. I went on an advertising spree, which brought in a bunch of new players, and then, a bunch of old players here suddenly decided to start making a bunch of new characters as well, so... yeah. o.o

*Looks at players who are almost considered drop outs*

...This comment made me think that you suddenly saw them online or something.

But that is not the case.

...I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this.

CS (the fragmented version) for A Dark Room/The Ensign!

Name:
A Dark Room/The Ensign. Answers to "ADR", "TE", "Dark Room" and "Ensign". Prefers to be referred to as "ADR" or "Dark Room"

Ambiguous gender, but identifies as male.

Appearance:
Has dark/tanned skin, short dark hair, well-built figure (strong and healthy). 8 arms. 4 eyes, white irises, black @ symbols in the pupils. Otherwise looks human. Wears armor when travelling, usually leather, but stronger if necessary. Almost always wears a large black cloak. Hides the inhuman features (upper two eyes and 6 of 8 arms).

Personality:
Curious and confrontational.
Adventurous and ambitious.
Resourceful.
Has a fighting spirit.
Must fight the urge to initiate combat with anyone they encounter who seems dangerous.

Equipment:
Leather armor on his body. Stronger if needed (for a long journey or dangerous mission).
Locket around his neck.
Compass in his pocket.
Carries a rucksack containing water, food, torches, and other supplies.

Abilities:
Can be revived upon death by anyone wearing the locket (including himself).
Can also revive others with the locket.
Instantly recovers partial health by eating.
Skilled in building, fighting, using weapons, and operating aicrafts.

Home:
A small one-room house made of wood, in the forest, just outside the city. No lights inside except for the fire pit in the center, which he keeps as bright as possible when he can. Has single large closet (used to be a shed attached to the house that opened outside, but due to thieves he moved the door so it opens inside the room) filled with food, supplies, materials, and weapons.

Quirks:
Feels more comfortable in rooms with lit fires in them.
As a phrase of good will to others, he sometimes says half of A Dark Room's tagline: "May the fire burn brightly for you." To those he feels more strongly about for whatever reason, he will say to them the full tagline: "May the fire burn brightly for you; may it keep you warm."
Speaks in semi-broken sentences, usually (not always) fragments.

Other:
Represeents the fandoms for both A Dark Room and The Ensign, which more or less have the same fanbase anyway. Prefers to be known as the ADR fandom.

I have a feeling that this version is going to be rejected. I'm totally okay with that, and I'm 100% prepared to post the normal version, which has better explanations anyway. I just wanted to get this version out there. I like how I did it. :)
This CS is actually... more-or-less serviceable. I might have even accepted it if it was the only version you wrote. But, since you already wrote the other version, I'd like to see that, too -- especially if it has more thorough explanations like you said.

Name: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, (Just call him Hitchhike if you feel so bloody tongue tied)

screenshot-2015-12-15-at-9-37-30-am-png.94311

Personality: Even though he's basically a humanoid with a guidebook, he's considered an altogether quiet and content fandom. He thoroughly enjoys the company of humans quite a bit. He was once great friends with the Star Trek and Doctor Who fandoms' (even though humans tend to like those two more than he- by a wide margin). He craves adventure, exploration, and tea! And no matter what will always stay calm.
Abilities and Equipment:
Already know's the Ultimate question and its Answer, an amazingly quick thinker when in danger, he possesses:
A guide that basically tells him whatever he needs to know.
A fish that was shoved in his ear, it can translate any language.
A thing his aunt gave him but can never seem to lose.
A Hitchhikers 'thumb' which lets him transport into any ship overhead. A black rod with two switches, one to summon an engineering robot to help with any repairs, and another to signal the passing ship that a hitchhiker wishes to come aboard.
His trusty towel.

Home: Hitchhike has a modest house in the Fandom Square. A house made of brick, looking rather squarish and squattish and has four windows on its front. Generally speaking, its proportions are entirely unappealing, however, this is where all of his collected items of exploration lay, and is more mysterious than its outward appearance may seem.
Quirks:
-Talks about adventures and space adamantly, but can never really get anywhere unless some highly improbable instance happens
-His pockets are always full of weird trinkets that you wouldn't expect people to have with them, like who carries around a "genuine miniature space fleet', and a horribly unappealing cheese sandwich?
-Never really changes out of his pajamas
-Insists on always having a positive look on any situation, and to remaining calm

Last edited: Today at 3:26 PM
Today at 10:15 AM
Bookmark− QuoteReply
More options
Any other little tidbits I'm missing out on?
Yup, this looks good to me! Accepted!

As for your earlier question about the hitchhiker's thumb and the TARDIS -- well, that would depend on how you define "overhead", seeing as how the TARDIS doesn't always travel through physical space...

DID THE FORUM JUST AUTO-MERGE TWO POSTS THAT HAPPENED NEXT TO EACH OTHER BECAUSE THAT IS NEW AND I... have mixed feelings about it.

Edit: Oh... never mind. ...Apparently I just quoted those CS's in the same post without realizing it...? I dunno...