CS for Submachine

Name: Submachine

Appearance: He has pale sun-deprived skin; electric blue irises (the left is slightly darker than the right) with diamond-shaped pupils, and short smooth combed-back black hair that reaches the base of the back of his neck. His left arm is gone, now just a stump cut a few centimeters below the shoulder. In place its place is an invisible arm made of stray Karma (described in Abilities/Equipment). There are barely-visible markings along his right arm that glow blue, green, or white in certain situations. His expression is usually stoic/serious, or otherwise neutral. He wears a white lab coat with pockets and a hem down to his knees, buttoned except for the top and bottom two buttons; a grey short sleeve T-shirt; dark brown work pants with a black leather belt; dark brown hiking boots; a necklace with a silver chain and small blue wisdom gem pendant, and a watch-like device on his right wrist.

For some reason my scanner scanned parts of the page instead of the whole page together, so I had to combine everything in Paint. I haven't added color on paper yet, so I added color for the eyes (and captions).
Sub Sketches combined.png Also here is another picture, I made much later than this post was posted.

Personality: He has a calm and quiet demeanor, and is curious and investigative by nature. He has a highly active mind and tends to overthink things. He enjoys puzzles of all kinds, exploring locations foreign and familiar, thinking of theories, and writing notes.

Abilities/Equipment:
  • The pendant of his necklace resembles a small blue wisdom gem. With it he can create Karma portals between any two spots (as long as he is physically in those spots), and make jumps between locations he has not visited before (via his "watch"). Unlike a real wisdom gem (in theory, at least), the energy within his pendant is limited and must be recharged every so often. In rare situations where he needs but lacks a real gem, he can use his pendant as a temporary substitute.
  • His watch displays the wearer's current time/date, latitude/longitude, altitude/depth, dimension/layer, etc. It acts as a mini, complex, portable submachine; he can enter coordinates for a given location into it and teleport there. If he attempts to jump to a location he has not visited before and/or does not know the coordinates of, he must use energy from his necklace to successfully make the jump, otherwise he is sucked into the Loop.
  • The 'invisible' arm in place of his left arm is composed of stray Karma, held together by the power of the concentrated Karma energy in his necklace. This arm is connected to his body Karma arm is connected to his body but not actually PART of his body. He can sense it at all times but he can only see it when it's tangible, which happens whenever it can/is/should be used. It can be used on objects and in situations involving certain kinds of energy, especially Karma. Such situations include: operating his watch, holding his pendant, pressing buttons on a Karma-powered machine, handling the ends of live electrical wires, and pushing up the right sleeve of his coat when his right arm starts glowing.
  • In the right pocket of his lab coat he always carries a notepad and writing utensil, sometimes sticky notes. In the left pocket he usually has a small box containing a wrench, a screwdriver, three fuses, and three light bulbs, all of which fit no matter where they are used.
  • He is an adept coder, fluent in binary.
Home: He lives in a lighthouse connected to a basement and a lab. All exits between the three sections and to the outside are blocked off, so there is no way to access any section from another section or outside, except through portals or submachines. The lights and fuses have a habit of going out, hence why he keeps three spares of each in his pocket. Notes are littered all over the place--on the floor, on walls, on tables, under furniture--which he never bothers to pick up. Small "Secret" spheres are hidden throughout the place and change location every time he enters so he never knows exactly where they are. Some of the rooms can only be opened by inserting Secrets of a certain color into a panel beside the door.

Quirks: He has a habit of writing notes leaving them around. He has written notes of numbers (usually codes, dates, or coordinates), thoughts, observations, names, messages, and theories. He has a knack for discovering secrets.

Other: He has three cats: a black cat with color-changing eyes named Albert, a white cat with crystal blue eyes named Bethany, and a gray cat with electric green eyes named Ramuthug. They like to disappear on him (looks away for one second, suddenly they're gone). He is pretty sure that they are able to teleport in and out of the house, though he has never actually seen them do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
At long last, the CS for Submachine!

Appearance: He has pale sun-deprived skin; electric blue irises (the left is slightly darker than the right) with diamond-shaped pupils, and short smooth combed-back black hair that reaches the base of the back of his neck. His left arm is gone, now just a stump cut a few inches below the shoulder. He can tuck his notepad between the stump and his chest and write on it with his right hand. On certain occasions he has felt the presence of an invisible arm where his left arm used to be, but has never felt it do anything. There are teal blue markings along his right arm (which only appeared after he lost his left arm) that glow in certain situations. His expression is usually stoic/serious, or otherwise neutral. He wears a white lab coat with pockets and a hem down to his knees, sometimes with the right sleeve rolled up; a grey short sleeve T-shirt; dark brown work pants with a black leather belt; navy blue dress/work shoes; a necklace with a silver chain and small blue wisdom gem pendant, and a very complex watch (with the screen on the palm side of his wrist).
If I screwed up the formatting here, I apologize. I'm still getting used to the site.
For some reason my scanner scanned parts of the page instead of the whole page together, so I had to combine everything in Paint. I haven't added color on paper yet, so I added color for the eyes (and captions).
View attachment 92348 If it's hard to see, let me know and I'll figure out how to fix it.
Personality: He has a calm and quiet demeanor, and is curious and investigative by nature. He has a highly active mind and tends to overthink things. He enjoys puzzles of all kinds, exploring locations foreign and familiar, thinking of theories, and writing notes.

Abilities/Equipment:
  • The pendant of his necklace resembles a small blue wisdom gem. With it he can create Karma portals between any two spots (as long as he is physically in those spots), and make jumps between locations he has not visited before (via his "watch"). Unlike a real wisdom gem (in theory, at least), the energy within his pendant is limited and must be recharged every so often. In rare situations where he needs but lacks a real gem, he can use his pendant as a temporary substitute.
  • His watch displays the wearer's current time/date, latitude/longitude, altitude/depth, dimension/layer, etc. It acts as a mini, complex, portable submachine; he can enter coordinates for a given location into it and teleport there. If he attempts to jump to a location he has not visited before and/or does not know the coordinates of, he must use energy from his necklace to successfully make the jump, otherwise he is sucked into the Loop.
  • In the right pocket of his lab coat he always carries a notepad and writing utensil, sometimes sticky notes. In the left pocket he usually has a small box containing a wrench, a screwdriver, three fuses, and three light bulbs, all of which fit no matter where they are used.
Home: He lives in a lighthouse connected to a basement and a lab. All exits between the three sections and to the outside are blocked off, so there is no way to access any section from another section or outside, except through portals or submachines. The lights and fuses have a habit of going out, hence why he keeps three spares of each in his pocket. Notes are littered all over the place--on the floor, on walls, on tables, under furniture--which he never bothers to pick up. Small "Secret" spheres are hidden throughout the place and change location every time he enters so he never knows exactly where they are. Some of the rooms can only be opened by inserting Secrets of a certain color into a panel beside the door.

Quirks: He has a habit of writing notes leaving them around. He has written notes of numbers (usually codes, dates, or coordinates), thoughts, observations, names, messages, and theories. He has a knack for discovering secrets.

Other: He has three cats: a black cat with color-changing eyes named Albert, a white cat with crystal blue eyes named Bethany, and a gray cat with electric green eyes named Ramuthug. They like to disappear on him (looks away for one second, suddenly they're gone). He is pretty sure that they are able to teleport in and out of the house, though he has never actually seen them do it.
>Using a gem as a power source

Ohhhhh this could go places...

At any rate, question about the missing arm: was there anything specific that happened there, or has it always been like that? The way you phrased it made it sound like he used to have two arms until something happened, but the fact that you didn't mention anything like that leads me to believe that it was never there. Either is fine, I just want to make sure I understand what you were going for.

Aaand that's the only thing worth mentioning, I think. Other than that, look's good!

Last edited:
...Do people normally not feel awkward, posting things with long stretches of time in-between in which no one replies to them? Just leading to a string of posts that no one is acknowledging as I spout nonsense?

Is that what Canada is like? People not feeling awkward about these things, and kids not having a fun way to learn about history??

I am so tired.
But... why?

I GUESS I DIDN'T NEED A HEART ANYWAY!

I GUESS I DIDN'T NEED A HEART ANYWAY!
I was going to ask if you were ok -- then I realized this was about Doctor Who.

I'm still behind, you know. I've been too busy writing a paper about memes.

Ah, A very topical...topic

But yeah, I'm dead

Ah, A very topical...topic

But yeah, I'm dead
And I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I have time to catch up on Doctor Who or watch any of my other shows or read those books that I've been meaning to read or listen to all those records I bought at the end-of-semester sale...

I'm still here, just GMing and Co-GMing a Murder game, and trying to balance school, and playing FO4

It's hectic sometimes.

Also, I may introduce FO as my second fandom at some point.

At any rate, question about the missing arm: was there anything specific that happened there, or has it always been like that? The way you phrased it made it sound like he used to have two arms until something happened, but the fact that you didn't mention anything like that leads me to believe that it was never there. Either is fine, I just want to make sure I understand what you were going for.
Hm... Good question. I don't know why I didn't think of this myself. If he had it but lost it at some point, that point would coincide with the release of a certain game in the series. 7 comes to mind, because that's where the idea of the symbols on his right arm comes from. Then again, it would make more sense for him to not have had it from the beginning, since Murtaugh's missing arm has been a thing since the first game... I could also separate the two things, and have the left arm missing from the beginning and the symbols missing later. That makes the most sense, so Ill just go with that. He didn't have his left arm to begin with, and around the 7th game he gained the symbols on his right arm.

Also, earlier today I realized I hadn't thought of how he uses his watch if he doesn't have his other arm. I figured it out though: his missing/Karma arm. Karma is weird, so sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. He uses his Karma arm to operate the watch.

I'll edit his CS to make all this stuff more clear.

At long last, the CS for Submachine!

Appearance: He has pale sun-deprived skin; electric blue irises (the left is slightly darker than the right) with diamond-shaped pupils, and short smooth combed-back black hair that reaches the base of the back of his neck. His left arm is gone, now just a stump cut a few inches below the shoulder. In place of it is an invisible arm made of Karma energy, sometimes there and sometimes not. A case when it would be there is if he is using his watch (described in Abilities/Equipment). There are teal blue markings along his right arm that glow in certain situations. His expression is usually stoic/serious, or otherwise neutral. He wears a white lab coat with pockets and a hem down to his knees, sometimes with the right sleeve rolled up; a grey short sleeve T-shirt; dark brown work pants with a black leather belt; navy blue dress/work shoes; a necklace with a silver chain and small blue wisdom gem pendant, and a very complex watch.
If I screwed up the formatting here, I apologize. I'm still getting used to the site.
View attachment 92348 If it's hard to see, let me know and I'll figure out how to fix it.

Abilities/Equipment:

Aaaaaaaccepted. I'll add you to the list~

And let it be known!

There was a time that I Gwazi Magnum had seen Doctor Who content that Kaga hasn't! :P

Pleb,

Get on my level newb
Is seeing more Doctor Who than me a competition now...?

Edit: CUZ IF SO I WILL OPENLY SAY THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN ALL THE CLASSIC WHO EPISODES SO UH ALL THE MORE REASON TO WATCH IT, GWAZI!!

Btw submachine is about to accidentally teleport into the middle of things (the group outside the TARDIS). Cuz yay for accidentally failed jumps.

Reactions: Kagayours
Is seeing more Doctor Who than me a competition now...?

Edit: CUZ IF SO I WILL OPENLY SAY THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN ALL THE CLASSIC WHO EPISODES SO UH ALL THE MORE REASON TO WATCH IT, GWAZI!!
No, but now it means I will periodically poke/nag you catch up on it. :P

No, but now it means I will periodically poke/nag you catch up on it. :P
The difference between me nagging you before and you doing it now is that you chose to stay behind for no other reason than wanting to marathon it all later at another date. I would have stayed up-to-date and watched them as they came out if I had time.

But whatever.

ALSO

The first things he noticed were the blue police box next to him, the pile of weapons nearby, the fandom handcuffed to a pillar, and the other fandom standing over the handcuffed fandom. Submachine said nothing, and just stared at them.

You said you wanted Submachine to appear outside the TARDIS, right? Because the thing with Doctor Who, FF, and RvB is happening inside.

I suppose you could have him teleport inside if you wanted to (though it would be kind of spacey-wacey...), but, if that were the case, he wouldn't be seeing any police box.

The difference between me nagging you before and you doing it now is that you chose to stay behind for no other reason than wanting to marathon it all later at another date. I would have stayed up-to-date and watched them as they came out if I had time.

But whatever.
I know, hence the poking is more teasing and less serious by nature. :P
You said you wanted Submachine to appear outside the TARDIS, right? Because the thing with Doctor Who, FF, and RvB is happening inside.

I suppose you could have him teleport inside if you wanted to (though it would be kind of spacey-wacey...), but, if that were the case, he wouldn't be seeing any police box.
Wait, RvB managed to get in? o.O