Ok then.

Just let me know when you're ready to get back into the IC and I'll see how I can help you with that.

So long as you stick around and continue to communicate with me.
Okay

Sooooo

I originally planned on waiting to post Steven Universe's CS until Triguniverse un-fused, but... that seems sort of unnecessary now? And, since I've already had the CS nearly-finished for a while now, I might as well post it up today, since it's not like there's much mystery anymore as to who the giant is. Plus, thinking about it now, I'm not sure how much longer it'll be till Triguniverse un-fuses, since I feel like Trigun would grow rather attached to feeling so strong, and the two of them would have such a strong sense of justice together, so with all things considered I think they'd keep trying to help people until they become unstable enough to split. So, it's kind of ridiculous to put off posting SU's CS for such an indefinite amount of time.

So uh

One gay space rock comin' right up.

The word cool was permanently ruined by Doctor Who ever since pointy chin and flippy hair guy aired.

I find this amusing given how many similarities fans like to point out between the Doctor and Homestuck's own Lord English.

And Lord English is just the future version of Caliborn.

And Caliborn's just a dorky kid who thinks he's hot shit but he's really just a massive tool throwing a tantrum.

And it's not like Dave wasn't ironically cool long before that. :P

ALSO

Wow, I had not considered that the closest equivalent Homestuck lore has to SU's concept of fusion would be those god-awful sin-against-nature sprite hybrids. No wonder he gets "bad vibes". XD

It's a good thing he's never seen anything like those fusion clusters... =w=

"Who wants to watch a show about people crying?"

Name: Steven Universe

Appearance:
FullSizeRender_20.jpg

Personality: Full of child-like innocence, SU is very youthful and energetic. Very open-minded, she doesn’t always approach problems in a conventional manner. While her peers are hiding from a menacing villain, she’ll be the one to walk right out and kindly ask what said villain’s plans are. She likes to remain optimistic in even the worst of scenarios, and she often assumes that everyone is a good person at heart no matter what others think of them, even trying to befriend monsters that most would want to either avoid or destroy. She’s fun-loving and often remains calm (or at least, calmer than others) in the face of danger, confident that she and her allies will always save the day — and if you think they can’t, they’ll always find a way! But, if something does really frighten or worry her, she might be a bit quicker to break down, crying and panicking. Thankfully, though, her optimism usually keeps her together.

Abilities: As a Gem, SU’s power is centered in the gemstone on her stomach. Really, her entire body is just an extension of the power contained in that gem. Therefore, if she is ever fatally wounded, her body will disappear and her energy will retreat back inside the stone, allowing her to regenerate later, and make changes to her appearance if she wishes. The only way to really injure or kill her would be to crack or shatter her gemstone.
Her other Gem powers include:
Gem Fusion: She has the ability to fuse together with another Fandom to form a "giant woman" (or a giant non-binary person, depending on who she fuses with). Each fusion has a vastly different appearance depending on the individuals that combine to form it, but most of them are much larger than both individuals, and may have an unusual number of limbs/eyes/etc. Fusion can be achieved when she and another individual “synchronize their forms”, that is, dance together. The dance can take on any form or style, so long as the two synchronize well.
Shapeshifting: Something she theoretically should be able to do, but she’s usually afraid to because of how easily it can spin out of control.
Bubble: Capable of creating a protective bubble around herself and others. Despite its soft appearance, the bubble has a glass-like solidity and is very difficult to shatter without powerful gem magic.
Healing Saliva: Mostly self-explanatory. You’ll have to either drink it or let it touch your wounds.

Equipment:
-She often carries around her trusty cheeseburger backpack, which she keeps filled with all sorts of odds and ends. Who knows what sort of miscellaneous junk might come in handy.
-While much of the contents of her backpack is unpredictable, she always carries duct tape. If duct tape is capable of patching up a dome containing a giant storm that would otherwise vaporize the entire world, it’s definitely something to keep on hand.
-She drives the Mr. Universe van, which is really just a normal, non-magic van. But, she does keep a lot of her stuff in there, and actually spends a lot of time just sort of hanging out in it, making the place feel rather homey. In fact, it’s easy to think that she might even live in that van. …And that’s sort of correct.

Home: While she spends so much time in the Mr. Universe van that it might as well be her home sometimes, her more permanent place of dwelling is the Crystal Temple — or, at least, the beach house at the front of it. While the temple gate further inside is supposed to lead to all sorts of magical rooms, most of it is off-limits to her. That’s because the door of the gate only responds to the presence of the Crystal Gems from the show, and SU’s gemstone, most closely matching Rose Quartz’s stone, only opens the door to Rose’s room.

Rose’s room is designed to be able to create anything that SU wishes for, which sounds nice in theory, but the room’s creations can very quickly devolve into nightmare fuel depending on the nature of the wishes made, and the room can be rather difficult to escape, as well. Because of this, SU tries not to use Rose’s room except for extremely important circumstances. And, since she can’t access any other rooms in the temple, her home might as well just be the beach house in front. Oh well, at least the temple is nice to look at from the outside.

While the beach house section of the temple isn’t anything special, it is where she keeps her TV, bed, most of her food, and other things that don’t really fit in the van. And, since the show’s creators apparently weren’t afraid to include uncensored references to real-world entertainment, SU inherited a lot of interesting merchandise from the in-show Steven, such as Sailor Moon manga, and several actual Nintendo games like Zelda and Animal Crossing.

Quirks:
-May reference things that pre-date her by several decades, sometimes not even really understanding what she’s actually referencing.
-Will not deny that she is in fact a “gay space rock”.
-She can’t look at actual, real gemstones without thinking of the characters that are based off of them.
-She likes to imagine what the “gemsonas” of other fandoms would be like, as well as what it would be like to fuse with some of them.
-She has mixed feelings about the Uncle Grandpa fandom…
-SHE IS VERY VERY SORRY ABOUT THE KEYSTONE MOTEL INCIDENT.
-As a Gem, she doesn’t need to eat or sleep, but she still does because it’s fun.

Other:
-Between her open-minded personality and the show’s progressive nature, she really doesn’t mind being called “Steven” or otherwise being thought of as a boy. It really doesn’t make much of a difference to her. Which is good, since the “Mr. Universe” van tends to lead to a lot of assumptions that would probably really annoy her, otherwise.
-Being a TV show with great music and also having several musician characters, SU shares some of that affinity for music. She plays guitar and ukelele and just loves a great tune in general. She has some amps, mixers and other related equipment piled up in the Mr. Universe van.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Neobullseye
She better be!

SHE'S TRYING HER BEST TO GET ALL THE REVIEWS DOWN.

SHE DOESN'T WANT CARTOON NETWORK TO GET SUED. :(

SHE'S TRYING HER BEST TO GET ALL THE REVIEWS DOWN.

SHE DOESN'T WANT CARTOON NETWORK TO GET SUED. :(
That would be a stupid way to destroy the show :(

alright i'll ask

what's the keystone motel incident

There was a recent episode of Steven Universe (aired, what, a week ago?) in which some of the characters went to a motel called "The Keystone Motel", located in a place that the fans were able to quickly deduce was supposed to be Pennsylvania.

Turns out, there's a real motel by the same name in Pennsylvania.

Soooo lots of fans started writing joke reviews for the motel on review sites for that sort of thing in reference to the shenanigans that went down in the episode, which is funny at first... until you realize that the motel is being spammed with literally thousands of negative reviews that could seriously fuck up their business.

And if Keystone Motel figures out what's going on, they could potentially sue Cartoon Network and, worst case scenario, even get the show cancelled.

So now the fans are trying to spread the word as quickly as possible that leaving these reviews is a very bad idea and that everyone who already left one should take it down, or else Cartoon Network could be in serious trouble for some fans' irresponsible behavior.

There was a recent episode of Steven Universe (aired, what, a week ago?) in which some of the characters went to a motel called "The Keystone Motel", located in a place that the fans were able to quickly deduce was supposed to be Pennsylvania.

Turns out, there's a real motel by the same name in Pennsylvania.

Soooo lots of fans started writing joke reviews for the motel on review sites for that sort of thing in reference to the shenanigans that went down in the episode, which is funny at first... until you realize that the motel is being spammed with literally thousands of negative reviews that could seriously fuck up their business.

And if Keystone Motel figures out what's going on, they could potentially sue Cartoon Network and, worst case scenario, even get the show cancelled.

So now the fans are trying to spread the word as quickly as possible that leaving these reviews is a very bad idea and that everyone who already left one should take it down, or else Cartoon Network could be in serious trouble for some fans' irresponsible behavior.
ahhhhh ok, makes sense. sucks that happened.

now what's up with the uncle grandpa fandom thing

HoHoHo....ho........*sobs*

Uncle Grandpa is another Cartoon Network show which, from what I understand, is practically the complete opposite of Steven Universe in terms of the overall tone of the show. While Steven Universe is much more serious and story-driven with a lot of darker elements thrown in, Uncle Grandpa is complete cartoon madness that just sort of feels stupid, you know? And while Steven Universe attracts a lot of teen/adult and female viewers, I'm willing to bet that UG has a lot more younger, male fans.

Soooo what did CN decide would be the best thing to do with these two very different shows?

A crossover special.

...Yeeaah...

Also, let me just point out that the title of this episode is "Say Uncle", which honestly just makes it feel like it's supposed to be a giant "haha, we made you watch this stupid show that you say you hate" to all the older Steven Universe fans who were dreading this crossover as soon as it was announced.

Once I actually watched it, though... well, I will admit, a few of the jokes were really good, even though it mostly just felt like it was a Steven Universe episode trying to be a parody of itself, and the jokes that I did laugh at were in more of a "oh god that was so stupid I can't believe I'm laughing" sort of way, and, especially in regards to the slightly more clever jokes, it's hard to say which of those jokes came from the UG writers and which came from the SU writers, and whether or not this is the same quality as the average UG episode. But, still... it wasn't as awful as it could've been. Plus, it seems like a lot of the hate towards the special died down once it actually aired and people realized it wasn't that bad. It's mostly just an 11 minute SU parody with what I'm assuming are inside jokes to UG viewers thrown in.

I will say, though, that the best line in that special, by far, was when UG broke the fourth wall just to say "don't worry, none of this is canon".

I think that saved the special tbh.

Uncle Grandpa is another Cartoon Network show which, from what I understand, is practically the complete opposite of Steven Universe in terms of the overall tone of the show. While Steven Universe is much more serious and story-driven with a lot of darker elements thrown in, Uncle Grandpa is complete cartoon madness that just sort of feels stupid, you know? And while Steven Universe attracts a lot of teen/adult and female viewers, I'm willing to bet that UG has a lot more younger, male fans.

Soooo what did CN decide would be the best thing to do with these two very different shows?

A crossover special.

...Yeeaah...

Also, let me just point out that the title of this episode is "Say Uncle", which honestly just makes it feel like it's supposed to be a giant "haha, we made you watch this stupid show that you say you hate" to all the older Steven Universe fans who were dreading this crossover as soon as it was announced.

Once I actually watched it, though... well, I will admit, a few of the jokes were really good, even though it mostly just felt like it was a Steven Universe episode trying to be a parody of itself, and the jokes that I did laugh at were in more of a "oh god that was so stupid I can't believe I'm laughing" sort of way, and, especially in regards to the slightly more clever jokes, it's hard to say which of those jokes came from the UG writers and which came from the SU writers, and whether or not this is the same quality as the average UG episode. But, still... it wasn't as awful as it could've been. Plus, it seems like a lot of the hate towards the special died down once it actually aired and people realized it wasn't that bad. Mostly just an 11 minute SU parody.

I will say, though, that the best line in that special, by far, was when UG broke the fourth wall just to say "don't worry, none of this is canon".

I think that saved the special tbh.
Pearl was the only redeeming part of that episode for me

So, who exactly is close to the portal again? Or, well, where the ground-based portal was until five seconds ago, that is.

So, who exactly is close to the portal again?

I was actually just about to contact you about this, since, while writing up a summary of sorts for Rithas, I've realized that things have gotten... confusing.

Cuz, originally, the portal led to the deck of the Dai Gurren, and, I'm not sure if it still does. I mean, I don't recall anyone ever saying that one end of the portal had moved, but... well, first of all, I have no idea how a triceratops got onto the Dai Gurren in the first place, if that's where she entered from.

And secondly, the only people who were on the deck of the Dai Gurren were all Utsuho's characters, who were pretty much just frozen after Utsuho had to leave at about the same time that all characters who weren't played by Utsuho left for FF's airship, so... yeah.

Did the one end of the portal move to another location? And, if not, is it possible to say that it did? Because that would solve some problems... Otherwise, we'll have to think of something else.