Also... Should I make Mega's home a model of Dr. Light's lab, or a Skull Fortress? I mean, on one side the lab makes more sense, but on the other Megaman and Skull Fortresses are practically inseperable. Choices, choices...

Why not combine them?

Hunger Games' home was influenced by District Twelve, the Arena, the Capitol, and the training center all in one, for example.

Why not combine them?

Hunger Games' home was influenced by District Twelve, the Arena, the Capitol, and the training center all in one, for example.
That wold work.

Also, Kaga: what is your ruling on at least the Battle Network series of Megaman having its own Fandom? I mean, for one a lot of fans of the original series hate the BN series and vice versa. Second, pretty much all it has in common with the original series is the name and appearance of some characters; if one were to change the sprites and names there would be no way anyone would think of Megaman anymore. So yeah...

Breaking News, Cybermen are actually created with the power of love.

That wold work.

Also, Kaga: what is your ruling on at least the Battle Network series of Megaman having its own Fandom? I mean, for one a lot of fans of the original series hate the BN series and vice versa. Second, pretty much all it has in common with the original series is the name and appearance of some characters; if one were to change the sprites and names there would be no way anyone would think of Megaman anymore. So yeah...

I don't really know anything about Megaman, so it's hard for me to hold my own opinion in it, in that regard.

I have, however, stated that any spin-off series or similar thing can exist as its own fandom entity, so long as there's justification for it. For example, I see Doctor Who and Torchwood as separate entities because Torchwood sort of has its own fanbase which not all Doctor Who fans fall into, not to mention a very different tone and feel than Doctor Who (so I've been told), so I can easily see the two as having separate characteristics and personalities. Same goes for Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, I would think. Plus, there's also the thought of really huge franchises that can be split into several obvious categories -- like Super Mario. Not only do I think entities like Donkey Kong and Warioware could easily be their own fandoms despite technically being part of the Mario canon, but, debatably, you could even say that series like Mario Kart or Mario Party could have their own fandoms, too.

Pretty much all of this is based on whether or not I can easily see these spin-offs and things as having characteristics that differ from the 'parent' fandoms, though. I mean, I suppose you could represent spin-offs of the Pokemon series like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon as their own things, and, while I still think those would be doable, maybe, it's a lot harder (for me at least) to think of ways that they would be different from the main Pokemon fandom.

Really, I think any splintering of a series could work, so long as you can imagine them having different characteristics. Since I'm not a fan of Megaman, I really can't say for this specific case. You'd have to be the judge of that one.

Breaking News, Cybermen are actually created with the power of love.

I don't know how to respond to that.

AAAAH.

Has anyone else ever had one of those moments where the newest episode of one of your favorite Youtube shorts just came out, so you just wanna watch it over and over and over again?

And then you find yourself noticing a ton of cool background details and semi-consciously overanalyzing the shit out of them?

No? Just me? Ok.

*does a digital dancing*

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Have you ever had your YouTube shorts turn into 10 minute long episodes? :P

Have you ever had your YouTube shorts turn into 10 minute long episodes? :P

No, but I feel like having too much DHMIS would cheapen it.

Just having two amazing episodes, then contributing to the Kickstarter so they can make four more brilliant episodes, and then seeing the 2nd video in the Kickstarter series and seeing it turn out awesome after the 1st Kickstarter-funded ep was admittedly just a tad underwhelming is good enough for me.

Edit: Besides, shorter episodes are easier to replay over and over and thus prove the social commentary in the latest episode completely true.

No, but I feel like having too much DHMIS would cheapen it.

Just having two amazing episodes, then contributing to the Kickstarter so they can make four more brilliant episodes, and then seeing the 2nd video in the Kickstarter series and seeing it turn out awesome after the 1st Kickstarter-funded ep was admittedly just a tad underwhelming is good enough for me.

Edit: Besides, shorter episodes are easier to replay over and over and thus prove the social commentary in the latest episode completely true.
I don't watch DHMIS so I can't say for them specifically.
But I had the same concern with Cyanide and Happiness at first, but they surprised everyone and essentially made 10 videos of 10 minutes of amazing shorts.

tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo4_250.gif
tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo6_250.gif
tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo1_250.gif
tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo5_500.gif

I literally have no idea what Roger Taylor is doing with his face half the time he's playing the drums, but I love it!

Name: Megaman

Appearance:
tumblr_mhuq501rk01rc3rdjo1_500.png

Personality:
Serious and very task-driven, Megaman's general solution for just about every problem is violence. Is there a wall in your way? Blow it up. A robot blocking the path? Shoot it until it explodes (instead of, you know, walking two feet to the side to get around). Evil scientist trying to take over the world? Go on a rampage and shoot everything that moves until he pleads for mercy. Megaman will not stop at anything until his mission is complete, regardless of how many tries it will take.
That said, Megaman can also be very silly, placing completely arbitrary rules upon himself like not allowing himself to use anything but his Mega Buster unless absolutely necessary, not allowing himself to get hit and other such pointless tasks for the sake of 'fun'. Whether this is showoffery or just a form of practice is up to the beholder.

Abilities and Equipment:
Megaman would not be Megaman without his trusty Mega Buster -- a peashooter that has the bizarre property of only allowing three bullets to be in the air at any given time. Although they do dissipate after a certain amount of time, this still leaves Megaman relatively defenseless from time to time.
In addition to this, Megaman also is capable of copying one (and exactly one) aspect of other Fandoms and weaponizing it, generally whatever is the most obvious thing about them, albeit quite a bit weaker than the original. The thing is, in order to do this, Megaman needs to make physical contact with his target, something which tends to not end all that well in combat (let alone when facing a Trickster). Almost without exception, these are named along the following scheme: <Part of the name of the source of the weapon/skill> <Description of the weapon in one word> (For example, Copying FIFA would lead to FIFA Kick, a skill that summons a ball and kicks it in a semi-random forward direction). A side effect of this is that it causes Megaman to change to a color scheme appropriate for the Fandom he's copying, however ugly this may look on him.

Home:
A giant fortress in the mountain, faced with a combination of skulls and giant letters (To be more precise, the letters L, W, C and X) carved into the walls. Speakers have been neatly hidden in said wall, constatly playing musical themes which differ depending on your location. All of the doors inside said fortress have been replaces by metal shutters which open and close by simply toching them, then pull you to the other side before closing again. A bizarre side effect of this is that, if you touch these doors with your back or even in midair, you are forcefully pulled to the other side even if you didn't want to. Is this a good idea? Maybe, maybe not, but at least it allows for doing some cool stuff, which is always a plus in Mega's eyes.
There are very few actual stairs in the fortress; instead, all the different floors are linked with ladders and chutes which forces the inhabitant to jump around in order to get from place to place. Again, this is quite horrible in terms or practical design, but who cares when you can do awesome stuff?
A room deeper inside the fortress is filled with almost a hundred teleporters, all neatly lied up in groups of eight (although two of the teleporters in the first group look somewhat different for some reason), each teleporter leading to a training room where a killer robot is just waiting to attack hapless intruders -- or a friend who happened to take the wrong turn somewhere.

Quirks:
- Megaman suffers from aichmophobia, an irrational fear of pointy things -- especially those attached to walls, floors and ceilings.
- Really likes Rock- and Techno-style music, and can identify mostly every other type of music with some amount of effort.
- Speaking about music, Mega has an odd tendency to shoot his Mega Buster in the air to the beat of whatever music happens to be playing..
- Jumps through door openings if at all possible. If the floor happens to be slippery, he may turn around at the last possible moment and slide through the door backwards. All of these may or may not be combined with firing his gun at the right moment.
- Tends to assume that Dr. Wily is behind literally every problem ever.
- Has a somewhat two-dimensional worldview. In general, this means that he'll be more likely to climb over a pillar than walk a couple of feet around it.
- Sme people say he's addicted to Energy drinks.

Other:
None as of now

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Flame
tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo4_250.gif
tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo6_250.gif
tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo1_250.gif
tumblr_n0lo2sBHoq1tp6iryo5_500.gif

I literally have no idea what Roger Taylor is doing with his face half the time he's playing the drums, but I love it!

ringo_starr_gif_by_wolflover449-d4i7mfi.gif

tumblr_n2inyhRVcM1tqqpfeo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpsiruq7Wg1qjcwuzo1_400.gif

tumblr_mf5gu51mL41qb50lco4_250.gif

What even is it about great drummers and adorable facial expressions, amirite?

Name: Megaman

Appearance:
tumblr_mhuq501rk01rc3rdjo1_500.png

Personality:
Serious and very task-driven, Megaman's general solution for just about every problem is violence. Is there a wall in your way? Blow it up. A robot blocking the path? Shoot it until it explodes (instead of, you know, walking two feet to the side to get around). Evil scientist trying to take over the world? Go on a rampage and shoot everything that moves until he pleads for mercy. Megaman will not stop at anything until his mission is complete, regardless of how many tries it will take.
That said, Megaman can also be very silly, placing completely arbitrary rules upon himself like not allowing himself to use anything but his Mega Buster unless absolutely necessary, not allowing himself to get hit and other such pointless tasks for the sake of 'fun'. Whether this is showoffery or just a form of practice is up to the beholder.

Abilities and Equipment:
Megaman would not be Megaman without his trusty Mega Buster -- a peashooter that has the bizarre property of only allowing three bullets to be in the air at any given time. Although they do dissipate after a certain amount of time, this still leaves Megaman relatively defenseless from time to time.
In addition to this, Megaman also is capable of copying one (and exactly one) aspect of other Fandoms and weaponizing it, generally whatever is the most obvious thing about them, albeit quite a bit weaker than the original. The thing is, in order to do this, Megaman needs to make physical contact with his target, something which tends to not end all that well in combat (let alone when facing a Trickster). Almost without exception, these are named along the following scheme: <Part of the name of the source of the weapon/skill> <Description of the weapon in one word> (For example, Copying FIFA would lead to FIFA Kick, a skill that summons a ball and kicks it in a semi-random forward direction). A side effect of this is that it causes Megaman to change to a color scheme appropriate for the Fandom he's copying, however ugly this may look on him.

Home:
A giant fortress in the mountain, faced with a combination of skulls and giant letters (To be more precise, the letters L, W, C and X) carved into the walls. Speakers have been neatly hidden in said wall, constatly playing musical themes which differ depending on your location. All of the doors inside said fortress have been replaces by metal shutters which open and close by simply toching them, then pull you to the other side before closing again. A bizarre side effect of this is that, if you touch these doors with your back or even in midair, you are forcefully pulled to the other side even if you didn't want to. Is this a good idea? Maybe, maybe not, but at least it allows for doing some cool stuff, which is always a plus in Mega's eyes.
There are very few actual stairs in the fortress; instead, all the different floors are linked with ladders and chutes which forces the inhabitant to jump around in order to get from place to place. Again, this is quite horrible in terms or practical design, but who cares when you can do awesome stuff?
A room deeper inside the fortress is filled with almost a hundred teleporters, all neatly lied up in groups of eight (although two of the teleporters in the first group look somewhat different for some reason), each teleporter leading to a training room where a killer robot is just waiting to attack hapless intruders -- or a friend who happened to take the wrong turn somewhere.

Quirks:
- Megaman suffers from aichmophobia, an irrational fear of pointy things -- especially those attached to walls, floors and ceilings.
- Really likes Rock- and Techno-style music, and can identify mostly every other type of music with some amount of effort.
- Speaking about music, Mega has an odd tendency to shoot his Mega Buster in the air to the beat of whatever music happens to be playing..
- Jumps through door openings if at all possible. If the floor happens to be slippery, he may turn around at the last possible moment and slide through the door backwards. All of these may or may not be combined with firing his gun at the right moment.
- Tends to assume that Dr. Wily is behind literally every problem ever.
- Has a somewhat two-dimensional worldview. In general, this means that he'll be more likely to climb over a pillar than walk a couple of feet around it.
- Sme people say he's addicted to Energy drinks.

Other:
None as of now

Looks good to meeeee~

Looks good to meeeee~
Yay! I'll put up an intro post for Mega either tomorrow or this weekend. I'm thinking of either having him join up with Team British Scarf Nerds (on grounds of the Fandomverse-based Teams spinning WAY out of control, and me already having someone in Team Easily Abbreviated Names) or just making a new Team. Kaga, were there any other free Fandoms at the moment?

Yay! I'll put up an intro post for Mega either tomorrow or this weekend. I'm thinking of either having him join up with Team British Scarf Nerds (on grounds of the Fandomverse-based Teams spinning WAY out of control, and me already having someone in Team Easily Abbreviated Names) or just making a new Team. Kaga, were there any other free Fandoms at the moment?
Metal gear. You could storm his fortress~

• Love
Reactions: Neobullseye
Metal gear. You could storm his fortress~
Great idea! Of course, this raid has to end with Metal Gear summoning the TX-55 Metal Gear, which Mega will of course treat like a Wily Machine :D

Great idea! Of course, this raid has to end with Metal Gear summoning the TX-55 Metal Gear, which Mega will of course treat like a Wily Machine :D
He actually has the whole collection of gears, but you'll probably take on TX-55.

He actually has the whole collection of gears, but you'll probably take on TX-55.
Fair enough. It was just the first one that came to mind (read: the first Gear that showed up in Google >_>)

@neobullseye There's also Binding of Isaac.

I was gonna send Hunger Games in his direction but uuuuuh haven't gotten around to that yet...

Just throwing that out there as an option.