Fandoms that you wanna rp but don't know how/never have been able to?

PavellumPendulum

honey believe me, ill have your heart on a platter
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
I'm not one for fandom rps, but I've heard this was a problem for some people... So you have a fandom that you really like. You're interested in the world, the characters, the vibes and yet... Either A) you have no idea how to turn it into a rp that is actually fun or B) you can't find anyone who wants to roleplay it with you. Do either of these apply to y'all? 👀

I don't think I've ever experienced the first, but the second I got just recently, with Blooming Panic. I love the game and the characters soooo much but the fandom is small enough to fit in my pocket, I swear LOL

Share your stories of fandom rps that never came to be, who knows, you might find your rare fandom buddy to come help you figure out that plot or finally get an rp going 😜

Honestly, either Five Night's at Freddy's Security Breach or Pokémon, but with Pokémon I make my own OC's. I can't find/don't say anything about it because either A, I don't think anyone likes the way I Roleplay with Pokémon because I prefer not to Roleplay as the trainers and B, I think people might see me as w e i r d ? ? But in a bad way ;<;

DOESN'T APPLY TO ME I COULD ALWAYS FIGURE IT OUT AHAHAHAA!

My problem is actually that I really love the vibe and setting of something, but I don't wanna play in that canon universe cause I'll feel kind of trapped by the canon, if that makes sense? Like I LOVE Star Trek but I don't wanna remember all the Trek facts and lore, so it's easier to just play in my own Trek inspired universe. 😂

Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
The Magnus Archives, for sure. I'd love to see people create their own avatar characters, but I can't imagine what kind of plot you'd have that isn't just brutally torturing and killing NPCs, lol.

My problem is actually that I really love the vibe and setting of something, but I don't wanna play in that canon universe cause I'll feel kind of trapped by the canon, if that makes sense? Like I LOVE Star Trek but I don't wanna remember all the Trek facts and lore, so it's easier to just play in my own Trek inspired universe. 😂

I soooo feel you there, darling :3
That's why I prefer "steeling" all the most cool stuff off of canon universes and throw them together to brew something (not really) of my own creation

on the topic as it is:

Well.. always loved the TSW game and Lovcraftian inspired stuff in general... but well... all the attempts to play there failed.. miserably

Stardew Valley comes to mind. It's so wholesome and cozy and I love it so much, but I feel like it's hard to figure out a plot for it other than what's laid out in the game. It's probably easier to just do a cottagecore/farm RP and call it something sweet.

Edit: Also, idk how I forgot this one but Pacific Rim has been on my crave list for years and I've never been able to make it happen :((

Both Star Wars and Star Trek come to mind for this one. Partially because of the grander scopes, and partially because those RPs aren't all that common, especially the latter, or when they do, it's not the aspects or themes I'm interested in. I've no interest in the sequel trilogy, or even force-related stuff, for that matter for example, which is like 99% of the stuff out there.

>_> Final Fantasy X

Yeah. X.

I love the lore and setting and I even have a plot for a "20 years later" sort of thing. But only one of my RP friends knows anything about it. The rest keep saying they're too worried about getting things wrong, which I can understand and respect because I feel that way about the Steampunk genre in general. But T__T I don't care if they get shit wrong.

Reactions: LunaValentine
A Scott Pilgrim-inspired roleplay. Really really big fan of the comics, video games, and even the movie. I've come up with sooo many concepts for the main protags, the main love interest, the evil exes, side characters... But never really got far with those ideas. At most, I'd get a 1x1 started with a fellow fan and the RP would die shortly after being born, lol.

Also, a fandom comes to mind for the 'I want to but don't know how' category: Pokemon. Seems fun to write, no idea how it could work in writing. (Not only that but my knowledge kinda stops at Gen III.)

Oh gosh, I have so many series' worlds I love to RP with someone that I can't get to work. Oddly enough, mostly anime worlds.

Rozen Maiden, The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Nurarihyon no Mago, Soul Eater. For most of these, I just haven't been able to figure out a plot outside of the main plots of those worlds, especially Nurarihyon no Mago.

Lately, I've been sadly unable to find partners for the fandoms I can find ppl willing to play, too. Mainly PJO and HP.

Oh gosh, I have so many series' worlds I love to RP with someone that I can't get to work. Oddly enough, mostly anime worlds.

Rozen Maiden, The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Nurarihyon no Mago, Soul Eater. For most of these, I just haven't been able to figure out a plot outside of the main plots of those worlds, especially Nurarihyon no Mago.

Lately, I've been sadly unable to find partners for the fandoms I can find ppl willing to play, too. Mainly PJO and HP.

I've tried a Rozen Maiden rp before and lemme tell you the ooc chatter was sooo fun but it's really hard to figure out an actual plot outside what they've got going, you're absolutely right LOL

Minecraft.

I mean, think about it. It's the perfect sandbox to tell a story in. Old, crumbling civilizations and structures are scattered around. What are their stories? Players being different species from the villagers that inhabit the world. The worldbuilding you could do for hardcore/normal servers/well known public ones and how they all relate to each other and how players end up in those worlds. Do they choose? Are certain players just born in certain worlds and stay there? Is server hopping a thing- can a player born in survival make their own creative world as well? Magic, different dimensions and their inhabitants all open up so much. Not to mention, if you stick with the weird physics rules of the game, it can get wacky.

The idea of the world literally updating as time goes on- in this world does that just mean that players are just...finding new things the further they explore? Admins of servers- are those players gods, then? How does the chat feature work in a game that is distinctly not modernized? Is it the equivalent of speaking, or do players have telepathic connections, or is it a magical device used to communicate thousands of miles apart?

Imagine a world where you're the only one in it, and another player joins suddenly. How did they get there? Why are they there? Are you enemies or friends?

But also why would I roleplay Minecraft when I can just.....yaknow, play it? And it's a weird thing to ask about or try to search for when Minecraft is primarily associated with kid's media, lmao. I'd feel cringe for asking about it.

But think of the potential!!!! Even just the world itself, disregarding all the server/player talk, is really cool- you have different dimensions, weird pig people, the undead and weird exploding creatures. I'd love writing in a fantasy world like that!

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
Minecraft.

I mean, think about it. It's the perfect sandbox to tell a story in. Old, crumbling civilizations and structures are scattered around. What are their stories? Players being different species from the villagers that inhabit the world. The worldbuilding you could do for hardcore/normal servers/well known public ones and how they all relate to each other and how players end up in those worlds. Do they choose? Are certain players just born in certain worlds and stay there? Is server hopping a thing- can a player born in survival make their own creative world as well? Magic, different dimensions and their inhabitants all open up so much. Not to mention, if you stick with the weird physics rules of the game, it can get wacky.

The idea of the world literally updating as time goes on- in this world does that just mean that players are just...finding new things the further they explore? Admins of servers- are those players gods, then? How does the chat feature work in a game that is distinctly not modernized? Is it the equivalent of speaking, or do players have telepathic connections, or is it a magical device used to communicate thousands of miles apart?

Imagine a world where you're the only one in it, and another player joins suddenly. How did they get there? Why are they there? Are you enemies or friends?

But also why would I roleplay Minecraft when I can just.....yaknow, play it? And it's a weird thing to ask about or try to search for when Minecraft is primarily associated with kid's media, lmao. I'd feel cringe for asking about it.

But think of the potential!!!! Even just the world itself, disregarding all the server/player talk, is really cool- you have different dimensions, weird pig people, the undead and weird exploding creatures. I'd love writing in a fantasy world like that!
Funnily enough you make it sound very exciting. You should start scouting ppl for it and TURN IT INTO REALM MATERIAL.

• Haha
Reactions: noodle
Minecraft.

Actually Minecraft in and of itself with some mods makes for GREAT roleplaying venues. I did a bit for several years, we had actual like......stories and crap. So yeah there's some potential there.

• Love
Reactions: noodle
Minecraft.

Funnily enough you make it sound very exciting. You should start scouting ppl for it and TURN IT INTO REALM MATERIAL.
I'm glad my incoherent rambling sounded kinda cool, lmao. It's definitely a cool universe to play with. Maybe I will one day- I just.....don't really have time for that rn. And I'm way too anxious to start up a group project nowadays.

But! Who knows! Maybe I will at some point.

Minecraft.

Actually Minecraft in and of itself with some mods makes for GREAT roleplaying venues. I did a bit for several years, we had actual like......stories and crap. So yeah there's some potential there.
Yeah! Even without mods, Minecraft itself is fantastic for roleplay in game. I've definitely done it myself as well. Unfortunately none of my friends are really into that so it's more me trying to make stories and them not playing along LMAO. But it's super fun to do when it works.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Fandoms in general are always awkward for me because it feels like every time I look, people seeking fandom RPs are looking for canon characters and I am not going to touch canon characters. And it seems harder to find people interested in doing original characters in an original story set in a fandom.

Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
Minecraft.

I'm glad my incoherent rambling sounded kinda cool, lmao. It's definitely a cool universe to play with. Maybe I will one day- I just.....don't really have time for that rn. And I'm way too anxious to start up a group project nowadays.

But! Who knows! Maybe I will at some point.
If you ever wanna start up a group project and need some help getting it going, I'd be interested! Just lettin you know.

Fandoms in general are always awkward for me because it feels like every time I look, people seeking fandom RPs are looking for canon characters and I am not going to touch canon characters. And it seems harder to find people interested in doing original characters in an original story set in a fandom.
I can see that. I honestly really hate it when people mix OCs and canon characters in RPs, mostly because I tend to feel awkward when it happens. I don't know why, it just feels like the canon characters almost don't fit in the new story?