Fandom conversion

Ok:

My ex-Girlfriend and several others got me into the Cesspool that is Danganronpa. Please help.

My Cousin dragged me into Fire Emblem.

I dragged my current Girlfriend into Type-Moon.

My dad dragged me into Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

Some friends dragged me into Hunger Games, which I've since escaped.

I got myself into Valkyria Chronicles.

And: my dad also got me into Fallout.

There's several more, but I feel that I've gone on enough.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
If cases we got converted also count I've suddenly got a lot more to add to the list.

First off one of my friends back from High School named Neil (Same high school friend who played a big role in making me question my Christianity back when I used to be religious) is responsible for getting me into a lot of the fandoms I'm in today including:
  1. Certain Animes (Fate Series, Clannad, Death Note, Madoka Magicka, Steins Gate, Ergo Proxy, Fractal)
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Breaking Bad
  4. Firefly
  5. Spaced
  6. The Dark Knight
  7. Planet of the Apes
  8. Not so much Fandom level, but he's also exposed me to more movies than I dare try counting.
  • Meanwhile I got into Doctor Who via a combination of a college friend and my Sister (along with her boyfriend at the moment) being Doctor Who fans. Sister being a new who fan, college friend being someone so into Doctor who I only have one online friend who might rival her in Who Knowledge.
  • And then stuff like Durarara, IT Crowd, Attack on Titan, Scott Pilgrim, Pulsar Lost Colony and Lord of the Rings were introduced to me by all my High School friends in general/as a group.
  • My Dad was the one to introduce me to Star Wars when I was five years old.
  • Mom got me into Pokemon, this one will need some explaining. Now, for those unaware I was diagnosed with low functioning Autism at the age of 3. This ultimately resulted in 12 years of intensive ABA therapy to get rid of the Autism. A lot of this therapy revolved around getting me socializing with other children, which often meant getting involved with what other kids liked. At the time Pokemon was a giant crase, so quite literally part of my Therapy during Grade 1-2 was getting me interested in Pokemon so that I would have something to connect/relate to other children with.
  • Old Halo 3 Clan Leader got me into Phantasy Star Universe, which eventually also lead me to Phantasy Online 2

Actually yes, there are several things where no one introduced me to it but rather it was something I discovered on my own including:
  • Most Video Games (Telltale, Bioware, Bethesdia, Westwood, Firaxis, Bungie/Halo)
  • Dungeons and Dragons/Tabletop in General (I always had an interest in getting involved growing up, but it was an old friend from the Guild who taught me the basic D&D 3.5 mechanics)
  • Anything relating to King Arthur
  • Anything involving Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens
  • Usagi Drop
  • Code Geass
  • The Marvel Movies
  • Killing Nazi's in video games :3

Last edited:
I got my dad into Game of Thrones. Once I got around to finishing the books, I let him read them. He said it was hard to get into with all the characters (there's more in the book than the show), but once I pointed out the 20 page character appendix at the back of each book, he started digging in and has recently asked how he'd go about watching the show.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Just last weekend a friend of mine said that they'd recently started listening to a lot of Beatles because of me.

tumblr_njeew1yNaO1sjlhk7o6_500.gif

I see this going places.

ALSO ALSO

I once introduced a friend to Pokemon who had never grown up with it and was only being introduced at the age of like 18. She's now way more intensely into it than I ever was, very quickly learning about EV training and IV breeding and all this other stuff that I know exists and understand the gist of but that I was never hardcore enough to actually start doing, myself. @_@ Also she got this into it only after like... less than a year since she started her first Pokemon game. Like, wow.

Also I think I got Henry (my former roommate) into MLP? I don't even think we ever watched a single episode together. All I know was that she didn't understand why the show had adult fans when she met me, and then she asked questions from time to time about what I liked about the show, and suddenly she was able to understand references to it and seemed to be kind of knowledgeable about it, so... yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razilin