Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JavaGypsy

Original poster

• [fieldbox="Welcome..., #FF00BF, solid, 10, Times"]
    ...to my over-caffeinated interest check where everything is delightfully garish and pink.​
    [/fieldbox]I am new to this particular site but not at all new to roleplaying. I've got 15+ years of experience. I am over the age of majority and require that my partners be as well. I anticipate pretty much all stories will contain those things which earn a TV:MA rating. That is not to say that all stories are going to be smut-based, because that is not the case.

I write on an adept to advanced level and am looking for partners who do the same. Depending on the exchanges between characters I've been known to respond with 5 to 15 paragraphs. Sometimes during dialogue things are on the lower end, during an important bit of exposition things stray higher. I'm not going to put a solid limit here but I would think that anything less than 3 paragraphs doesn't precisely count as adept, and certainly not advanced. I am very likely to lose interest in RPs where the post lengths drop to and remain at 3 or fewer paragraphs.

Despite how I fear that last bit sounded I really am an easy going and friendly person. I like to have an OOC PM along side the IC PM to discuss ideas, etc. Don't be afraid to message me, I don't bite unless asked politely.

I am on Pacific time in the US, work retail, and am generally a night owl, so I tend to be on at all hours. I'll be checking my messages a few times per day and would like writing partners that can usually get out a response a day or at least a few a week. I understand that life/vacations/finals/busy seasons happen and sometimes RPing slows down but just give me a heads up.

As a female I'm much more comfortable playing my own gender. For original stories my primary characters will always be female, though I can do male side-characters and "NPCs." For doubling in the case of fandoms, I am certainly willing to play male characters. If any of the ideas in the Plots Tab catch your eye please PM me rather than responding to this thread, as I am not likely to see it. I also prefer all RPs be done in PM.

• [fieldbox="Plots..., #FF00BF, solid, 10, Times"]
    ...conjured from the depths of my mind.​
    [/fieldbox]If you see one I've crossed off but really have your heart set on it, let me know and we'll see what we can do. Bold title(s) indicate which I’m most searching for at the moment.

A Fantasy Tale
    It all began in a dungeon...

This amorphous little worm of an idea has been teasing at the back of my mind. I don't have a solid plot all spelled out, but rather just a beginning, a character concept, and shadows of a background for the world.

Our two characters find themselves thrown together in prison/at the chopping block/at the gallows. Two perfect strangers who much prefer their lives continue rather than meet an abrupt end work together to dodge the noose/headsman's axe, but is that as far as the alliance goes? What got them there in the first place? Is it safer to stay together?

We can explore all this and more in a made up world full of made up cultures that promises an engaging adventure. Any gender pairing is acceptable but I prefer MxF for romance. Mythical creatures (dragons, griffons, etc) may well factor in, but I don't really want to have magic involved for this particular story.

After a bit of confusion I realize I need to be a touch more clear about the mythical creatures thing. The may factor in applies exclusively to the animal sort. Not looking for elves, dwarves, etc.

No Man Tames the Sea​
    When dawn broke and the clouds rolled back like a great curtain, only the Silent Siren remained. Though the storm had tried with all its might to send naught but splinters into the depths, though her sails were tattered and her rigging tangled, she danced in defiant solitude upon the waves.

What befell the Silent Siren and the rest of the fleet it was traveling with before the storm? Where did they come from, where were they going, and what was their cargo? Were there survivors from any of the other ships? With damaged sails, will she make it to port?

This could be, but is in no way limited to, a pirate story. Your character could be anyone from the captain of the ship to the owner of the nearly destroyed fleet to simply a passenger upon it. I'm thinking an original setting but no magic and/or mythical creatures. Any gender pairing is acceptable but I prefer MxF for romance.

All Things Must End​
    A maiden weeping in her bower, bent and broken by lost love and a future promising only a cold marriage of advantage, prays softly for a final, gentle embrace.

The politician whose rise has suddenly stalled in the face of a rival more fit for office and beloved by the people throws dark curses into the night for this obstacle to be removed.

The beggar at the gates once called himself prince of those who dwelt in a forest that is no longer. His people scattered or dead, he wishes the same fate upon the man who is now 'King' of this wretched city.

All such pleas are heard, but which will be answered? When an agent has been sent they come with but one promise; No matter who you were in life, we are all equal in death.

Assassins! Whether one or both characters are from the "guild," it is the catalyst that sets the tale in motion. Assassin and target? Mentor and initiate? Assassin and the one who uncovers their secret? A job interrupted? A target given under false pretenses? An agent sent against one of their own? The possibilities for the character relationship and their story are many and varied.

Another idea that is mostly starting point, with loads of potential to adventure far and wide. Like the Fantasy Tale setting I'm looking at a made up world full of made up cultures with a small possibility of mythical creatures (animals, not races), but no magic. Any gender pairing is acceptable but I prefer MxF for romance.

Don’t Get Burned​
    Months of planning, thousands of manhours, untold resources… and it all went wrong.

The ultra rare (for me) modern idea! Two black ops agents, or an agent and handler, are disavowed and left behind after a high profile, deeply critical mission goes wrong. Now it’s up to the two of them to use their resources to get out and clear themselves.

A sweeping action-adventure likely to be filled with side-characters galore. Thinking FxM on this one simply because it seems a romance aspect is bound to occur. Cheesy action movie inspired. Think Die Hard, The Expendables, etc.

Blood and Sand
    There's only one way to become champion. Never fucking lose.

Roman Gladiators! Doesn’t have to be strictly historical, could be low-fantasy. Just a general idea that needs fleshing out with a good writing partner. Stolen Spartacus title and quote aside, not really looking to write a fandom story for it. Leaning FxM for romance, but the possibility of doubling is there.

• [fieldbox="Tales..., #FF00BF, solid, 10, Times"]
    ...from books, movies, and video games, reimagined.​
    [/fieldbox]I am almost always willing to double, but there are bound to be some characters I just can't do justice or don't really care for. Let me know who you're looking for me to play against whom in return and I'll try to accommodate! Fandoms are listed in alphabetical order for simplicity's sake.

Bold typeface indicates the character I would like to play and pairings are given a scale of one * to three *** of desire. If you see one I've crossed off but really have your heart set on it, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Dragon Age​
    Looking for a long-term and in-depth 1x1 RP based off of/around the Dragon Age games. Primarily interested in the DA2 and DA:I timelines at the moment, looking for someone up to playing Cullen. I might be willing to delve into other parts of the timeline for Origins and/or in between.

I've got a very lovely 1x1 with the Inquisitor x Cullen going now on a different site, so I'm most heavily looking for Cullen x Hawke, but feel free to approach me with others, the worst that could happen is that it's not for me!

Hawke x Cullen ***
    Hawke x Fenris *
    Hawke x Sebastian *
    Inquisitor x Cullen ***
    Warden x Alistair *
    Warden x Cullen **

Twilight​
    You don't have to judge me for this one, trust me I'm already judging myself so hard. I can't even say honestly why I'm suddenly having ideas here, but I am. Thinking something "AU" here without Bella, for the sake of my sanity. Willing to double, of course, and I feel like I can handle a fair number of the characters.

OC x Carlisle **
    OC x Emmett ***
    OC x Jasper **

Marvel​
    There are a lot of different things that could be done with this one, from Avengers to X-Men and anything in between. I’m familiar mainly with Marvel Cineverse as opposed to the comics, and once upon a time I watched the old X-Men cartoon. Open to discussing ideas.

OC x Hawkeye ***
    OC x Thor ***
    OC x Victor Creed (a la Wolverine: Origins) **
    OC x Wolverine *
    OC x ???

• [fieldbox="Character Sheets..., #FF00BF, solid, 10, Times"]
    ...for fandoms and originals.​
    [/fieldbox]Listed alphabetically by name, Fandoms/Plots noted.

[fieldbox="Katarina Stepanov, #FF00BF, solid, 10, Times"]
    Twilight
    [/fieldbox]
    Lingering looks fade like old memories...
    Katarina_zpso7ienvpk.png

...but with one touch I'll know you forever.

Aliases: Katrina Stephens
    Nickname: Kitty
    Height: 5'3"
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Blue
    Bio: Katarina Stepanov was born in Pikesville, Maryland to second generation Russian American parents. Katarina's grandparents on both sides were Russian immigrants who settled in the town, and both of her parents had lived there their entire lives. When Katarina was two her parents tried for a second child and after many unsuccessful attempts her parents' marriage turned sour, eventually leading her mother to leave Maryland and flee to Madison, Wisconsin. She grew up there as Katrina Stephens, nicknamed Kitty by her friends. Over the last few years her relationship with her mother grew increasingly strained until she left home with nothing but what she could fit in her car and headed west...

[fieldbox="Lisse Trevelyan, #FF00BF, solid, 10, Times"]
    Dragon Age
    [/fieldbox]
    Though all before me is shadow...
    Inquisitor_zpsskisjrln.jpg

...Yet shall the Maker be my guide.

Race: Human
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 135lbs
    Eyes: Violet
    Class: Dual-Wield Rogue / Assassin
    Bio: Lisse is a fairly devout Andrastian but didn't spend all her time at the Chantry. She is/was hesitant to be called the Herald of Andraste because it felt like hubris. At the same time she couldn't ignore the possibility that she was meant to do something, leading her to join the Inquisition and eventually become the Inquisitor. She takes a "soft" approach with her colleagues, not blaming them for their mistakes but showing them the ways they might atone and helping them do so. She quietly adores Varric, his wit, and his stories. She admires Cassandra's convictions. Solas is an intriguing mystery, but she trusts him. Vivienne's attitudes and actions make her wary. Sera's antics are tiresome but she sees the value in her connections. Lisse has a friendly rapport with Iron Bull and his Chargers, always having loved tales of adventure. She admires Blackwall as a Warden, being well-versed in the tale of the Fifth Blight and the Warden's role in it. Dorian's charm has won her over and she silently finds some relief that not all Tevinters are awash in blood magic and hell-bent on destroying the world.

[fieldbox="Mara, #FF00BF, solid, 10, Times"]
    All Things Must End
    [/fieldbox]
    When you feel the whisper upon your neck...
    qr_fantasy2ChristineGriffin_zpslpzqm0uf.jpg

...it is already too late.

Aliases: Cecilee, Amille, Am'ara, Dierdre, Thea, Leeta, Selane, etc...
    Height: 5'5"
    Eyes: Green
    Bio: The girl nicknamed Mara by her peers was taken in by the Consortium at a very young age after both of her parents were killed in the midst of political strife. Educated first and foremost, she learned to read and write in several languages, took a keen interest in history and herbology, and was (usually) a model student. She seemed to shift almost effortlessly into the second part of her education in later years when the focus turned to training. With all that can be learned in a classroom, she is now ready to move on and find what knowledge can only be gained through experience

Status
Not open for further replies.