2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Hello! This is just a suggestion I have for the site. (Also, huge apologies if it is already available and I'm just a blind idiot) But, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Iwaku was able to use fancy fonts? Like from the Google Font Library? I use another site that is able to do this and I believe it makes role playing so much more fun! I really personally enjoy adding fonts to my posts, just to show my character's personality a little bit more!!

I see that you may choose your font and use BBcode to do so, however when I tried to use the fonts from the Google library, they did not appear, so I'm wondering what fonts are available for use?

Also, when it comes to backgrounds and borders, I notice some colors don't show up, and some do. I think it would be really cool if we could use the colors from this website: Color Names

Anyhoo. Just tossing those out there! Once again, I apologize if we are currently able to use these. I just have no idea how.

Reactions: FieryCold
I don't know about the fonts but in the mean time I like using Font Meme: Fonts & Typography Resource for headers (like title-ling a post or skeleton with your character's name). I wouldn't use it to write a post with it (and I would personally prefer the body of posts to be readable anyway). Besides, it's cool in the way you can edit the output from ghe link itself instead of going through the site to make corrections.

As for the colors, are you using the hex codes? I've never stumbled across a color I haven't been able to use unless it clashed hideously with my background.

Reactions: Opossum My Possum
Err.. No. Like an idiot, I was just using the names of the colors. =__=;; Thank you! I should have thought about that.

No problem ^.^

Well, you can use any font, who will see that font depends on if they have that font installed or if the website provides it, for example by downloading it from another server like Google's. From what I know, Iwaku provides only Open Sans and the standard fonts in posts are Verdana, Arial or any other sans-serif font (if you don't have Verdana, it'll use Arial, etc.)

If you want to know what fonts are pre-installed on most systems, you could use sites like these.

Ahhhhh yeah, Google fonts would be nice. *^*

If it helps, you could try downloading free fonts online and make banners/headers with Photoshop (GIMP, if you want something similar but free).

Status
Not open for further replies.