Family Values

Status
Not open for further replies.
She smiled and nodded, putting her hair up in a long ponytail. "He's being such a baby because I tried to cut his hair. Someone had to do it!"

He raised his eyebrow "I think you're forgetting that long hair is cool" Arthur saw Reuben at the top of the stairs "Hey Reuben"

Reuben smiled "hi Mr Grimm, see you later Faith"

Faith gave him a half-wave and snorted. "It may have been cool when you were my age, Dad, but not today." She grabbed her backpack, hugged Sheila and began walking out.

"It wasn't that long ago, you know" he laughed "I'll see you later Sheila" he said as he followed his daughter out and closed the door

"So what's for dinner, pops?" she asked, turning to face him. She loved to tease her parents, especially using their age against them.

"Chinese for me and your mother. you can have toast" he winked at her "how's Reuben? He got a girlfriend yet?"

She smirked. "As if. Plus he can't talk to girls without wetting his pants."

"Haha" his dad laughed "I remember going through that stage when I was like 7. Do you often talk to him about it?"

She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "I hate romance. Why would I talk to my awkward cousin about it?"

"Being nice to him? He looks up to you a lot, Faithy" he ruffled her hair lightly "you're his favourite cousin...I don't know why though"

She smirked and stuck her tongue out at him. "It's because I taught him everything he knows."

"Enough not to get anywhere with the opposite sex" he smirked at her "don't worry Faith...you'll get a of reins eventually" he ruffled her hair again

"You're messing up my ponytail," she said, pulling the band out and redoing it. "And who knows if I will? What if I don't want to?"

"A girlfriend then?" He stuck his tongue out at her "me and your mother would support you...."

"Oh, please!" she laughed, punching him in the shoulder playfully. "No, nothing like that."

"I wouldn't mind" he smiled at her "im sure your mom wouldn't"

"I know," she said. "But it doesn't matter." She jumped up the creaky front steps and rang the doorbell before stepping inside.

He sighed and followed her in "We are home darling" he called out to his wife "she's spent the day with Reuben"

"Oh, wonderful," Ruth called from the kitchen. Her tone was not happy. "Well, did you at least have fun?"

Faith sat down next to her. "Yeah, it was okay."

"What's up darling?" He came into the kitchen after his daughter and put his arm around his wife "you sound unhappy about something"

Status
Not open for further replies.