Family Drama Ideas! (Modern, Detailed, LGBT Characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkPrince

...bees.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
Genres
Real life
My requirements:
-Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. It bugs me when people only post once, or post a few times and then just leave.
-Please be advanced. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling, grammar, and detail. I can make exceptions at times. This is a big thing for me. I get annoyed when people can't do this. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation, or use long run on sentences I'll most likely drop the thread or ignore the request to RP with me. Everyone makes mistakes, and I understand that, but if you can't mange basic grammar then please don't ask to RP with me. If you can't think of what to reply with, PM me and I can add a bit more. I would prefer you to match my length.
-Be active PLEASE. I'm online most every day. I haven't Rped on a while due to real life issues, and I understand you might need to drop. If you do please PM me first.

#1: Hello Again

My character is a transgender woman, and your character is her older sister. She is a few years older than my character and the two of them were very close as children. Your character moved out to go to college when mine was younger and cut off all contact with her family. The siblings fell out of touch for several years, and your character has no idea of anything that's happened to mine since, not even anything gender related, and as far as she knows, my character is still her brother, Eric. Your character lost her job and is being forced to find somewhere else to live. Her husband left her a few years ago, so this left your character and her children (the same age as mine's kids, two about 15-17 and maybe one younger if you want) without any money. Mine tries to find her and eventually hears about her situation. She offers to let your character and her children stay with her family until she can get a job and find a place of her own. Your character is kind of closed minded about a lot of things, and because she thinks they aren't "normal" and are a bad influence because of the gender things, drag (my character's adopted kids do drag), etc. She doesn't really understand my character, but is trying because she loves her and has missed her. It could cause drama between the sisters. The sisters are trying to reconnect after their several years of no contact and both of them have changed a bit since their last meeting. That's all I have so far. I'm not sure how the kids would react to my characters, but that's up to you. I would just rather not have romance between the kids.

#2: Where Have You Been?

My idea is that my character is a trans woman who grew up being raised solely by her mother. You would play her father and his children from a later relationship. Her parents were only sixteen when they had her, and her father got scared and ran off. She has never met him. He came to regret not raising her and went searching for her. He found her phone number and called her, and during their phone call revealed that he had recently lost his job and he and his children from a later relationship were on the verge of being homeless (probably two kids around 15-17) and my character, being a compassionate person, hesitantly offers to let them come stay with her family (wife and children). Her father doesn't know she's a trans woman as she didn't tell him, and as far as he knows, she still is and has always been a boy. How he and his kids react is up to you.

#3: The House of Glamour

My characters are a group of drag queens and transgender performers. The kids were taken in by the two women they now live with, and consider them their parents. My idea is kind of something like the show Wife Swap or Trading Spouses, where one parents swaps houses for two weeks with the family's rules the first week and new parents rules the second. Your characters would be the opposite of mine, the way the show usually is. I'm DYING to do this.

Oh, sorry! I completely forgot!

Status
Not open for further replies.