Falseblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregory furled his brow at the throwing of the dice for the idea of splitting into groups and the entire premise of a mind-reader. While he had no outstanding issues with splitting up, the dice rolls felt almost tricked. He wasn’t sure if he should be amused or disappointed by the gender split, but decided it was probably a mixed blessing. After all, the group was going to be together for a while, he’d get to know everybody and the spy in due time.

Still he found room to protest the odd results of the die. “Hey now, are you sure those dice aren’t rigged?” He shrugged after saying this, rising to join the other men (and boy.)

At Kheri’s question, he shrugged. “I have, but I’m not intimately familiar with the city.” He’d been to the city before several times, but never on notably important business. Even when they had, it was for a job, and all other times were for what amounted to sightseeing. As much as he wanted to regale others of his touring of the city’s best purveyors of food, he was sure he wouldn’t be winning any hearts over with that.

To the idea of spying on the girls, Gregory was adamant against the idea. It felt rather shitty, and was probably a shitty idea anyway, since most of them weren’t suited to stealthier habits, as Keran had pointed out. In the end, he advocated maintaining the full group while they searched, rather than splitting up. It was the safer option, even if it was less efficient.

Najila followed just after Lucia, arms crossed as she passed by Avira. "I've already been in Pinnacle for a couple weeks now, and I've picked up some tid bits that may help us find what we need. It's half the reason I suggested a mind reader in the first place," she turned to Lucia, "...or rather, worked off of your suggestion." She brushed aside her hair.

"Anyways. I heard of an adventurer's guild in Pinnacle. I'm thinking that, if anyone knows about a mind reader, they'd have a good idea. If that doesn't work out, we might just have to look to a shadier individual for information. If we can't glean anything, I say we give up on the mind reader and just start focusing on our original goal. What do you girls think?" Her ears twitched as she looked between Lucia and Avira during their seemingly aimless walk. As much as she wanted to remove the uncertainty from the equation, Najila was willing to let it slide; though she was haughty, she didn't doubt the abilities of her unfamiliar comrades. They looked capable enough, some moreso than others. If a spy really was among them, then at least they'd have to help the mission to a certain degree. They'd be picked out eventually regardless.

"I'm curious as well," she spoke up, "Did the Prophet ever tell you two why he choose you?"

The disbelief Kheri felt passed quickly enough despite the fact that two of his current “comrades” had evoked such a feeling. He couldn’t understand why Orson wanted to spy on the three. Even if one of them was the odd one out amongst them, the two that did belong would cover for one another... hopefully. Nor did he understand why Keran suggested that they split into groups of two when he had just explained to Najila precisely why that was a bad idea. “Or perhaps we could avoid the risk of losing members and just stick together as planned,” he said, his tone just a tad dry.

“If you are adamant about that decision than Keran and Gregory will tail us while we tail the ladies. That way if anything does happen we can quickly come to the others’ aid. If that’s unacceptable then we stick together,”—and Kheri rummaged around his pack before he pulled out a length of rope—“you stay here alone.” Perhaps a bit extreme and certainly detrimental to fostering trust amongst them as a team, but better than to let an unknown factor run unchecked.

As he waited for the others’ response, Kheri figured another proposition couldn’t hurt. “Instead of wasting time on a mind reader that doesn’t exist or want to be found, why don’t we do something else with our time? Anything of interest in Pinnacle Gregory? Good food?” Certainly not their greatest concern or priority at the moment, but the task they had come together didn’t mean they couldn’t enjoy themselves.

Avira Chevero
HP: 3/3 | Spirits: Happy

"Okay. That sounds good." Avira quietly replied to Najila's suggestion. Avira wondered if it'd be rude to say that Najila's ears were pretty. ...She hadn't met many catwomen before, but logic told her that it would be a little strange to compliment someone on their ears. She paused for a moment, the lantern swinging and humming in her hand with each step as she looked around herself. Avira started to quietly hum as she walked, letting her thoughts flow freely.

"I... well... with the mind reading, I feel like it could make the spy make a sudden... rash... decision." Avira thought out loud as she walked. "They'll know they're going to be found out when we all gather to have our minds read. So... we may end up being picked off one by one a lot faster..." She paused. "We'll find out who the spy is... but do we want to take the risk of people being killed quicker...?" That was Avira's take on it; she was happy to go with anything the others said, but she was aware of the consequences of each desicion. If they didn't do anything about the spy, then...
"But still. I think the adventurer's guild would be worth a visit. (...And maybe a tea house, too.)"

Avira shook her head at Najila regarding to the prophet question.
"No... they didn't say why exactly." Avira said. As well as mixing up the number of people, that added up to the mystery.

Avira's hum eventually came to a stop, and she removed the black hood from over her head, letting her grey-brown hair flow freely. She'd given it some thought, and, whilst she preferred to keep her face modest and hidden... Pinnacle could be filled with the anti-witch types... so she'd need to look a little normal, at least.
"Are there any... anti-spirtual... witch-hunter types in Pinnacle? I wouldn't want to get us into any trouble." Avira quietly asked. She didn't want to get the others in trouble. It was a shame so many people didn't realise the good spirits could do... they just thought they'd be used for raising the dead, killing people, or doing generally weird things.

An adventurer’s guild, was it? Lucia couldn’t help but snicker at that. Of course an adventurer’s guild would have their answers. Wasn’t that how all the stories went? The first stop for a band of would-be heroes was the adventurer’s guild, from which they gather all the knowledge they need in order to start off their quest?

Or, in this case, their plots of regicide.

“Got no problemos with that, Naj~”
Lucia chirped, “It’d be nice if we could get a quick answer to our problems, but if it takes too long, might as well start planning our checkmates instead, eh?” After all, they were already in Pinnacle, and while the Prophet never gave an actual deadline for murdering the demon king, the flame-haired girl decided that, with a spy in their midst, it was probably better for them to get things moving anyways. “And…Avira, was it? Anyways, Avy, if the spy acts rashly, it’ll be easier for them to be found out, and they’ll have less time to set up a sure kill deathtrap! They also can’t do anything obviously bad unless they just straight up do a suicide attack, unless, of course, the guys do something stupid like split up…so really, the spy loses more if they act immediately rather than bide their time, right?”

Of course, that would also make people who argued against finding a mind reader rather suspect…but Lucia didn’t want to point fingers! They were probably just afraid that the mind reader would learn about their kinky fetishes or whatever as well. After all, they WERE men.

“And the Prophet probably chose me because he was a fan,” she said without batting an eye. Shouldn’t take much longer to reach the guild, if the signs on the roads were anything to go by. And while the spearwoman would have been concerned for her spiritual companion’s well-being, Pinnacle was the pinnacle of civilization. There probably wasn’t anything worth worrying about, really. Not like lynch mobs roamed the streets or whatnot.

“More importantly,” Lucia said, grinning, “What do you think about the guys? Any of them catch your fancy?”

Avira Chevero
HP: 3/3 | Spirits: Happy

"...Yes, I suppose you're right." Avira whispered in reply at Lucia's words. She paused for a long moment. "It's just... maybe the spy doesn't want to hurt anyone. We could pressure them... into..."

Avira's words eventually came to a stop. She supposed she wasn't talking much sense, and she was talking recklessly. But people weren't too evil... right? Even the spy would have some sort of good motive to their actions, they'd have a slight sense of mercy... right? Even Avira's darkest spirits had a tone of light within.

She kept her thoughts to herself, though - the others probably wouldn't take them seriously... which was understandable.

Avira paused when Lucia asked if any men 'caught her fancy'. She didn't really know any of them very well, but there'd been one that she supposed caught her eye. "...Well..." She paused, blushing and smiling a little as she looked at the floor. "...Uhm... that knight seemed quite nice... d-don't you think...?"

He seemed the most laid back, which Avira liked. Not that she was going to go anywhere with him; she was just answering Lucia's question honestly. There was a high chance the two girls weren't spies, so she might as well try and settle in and get to know them a little better. ...Because Avira could tell that there were terrible events to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orson was particularly displeased with some of the responses he had received from the males. Keran was at least malleable to the idea he had laid, yet the other two's opinions only gave the prince a headache. He didn't particularly care if his pragmatism ran against Gregory's "knightly" sense of values, and anything more than two would be very easy to spot by the trio of ladies, even on the streets of Pinnacle, so Orson wasn't exactly for them all sticking together, as Kheri had suggested.

What's more, Kheri threatened to tie him up with rope. It nearly made as much sense as the trifling diversion he then suggested afterwards. "Oh, trying to tell us to stick together, then threatening to leave me here, tied and defenseless, as soon as I disagree? Me, going alone, would be much more sensible even if I were a traitor, seeing as I'd be up against three either way, and not tied up, alone with nary a weapon...

"And what of this with your leisurely way? We are here for regicide, yet you wish us to dally away our time in swimsuits on a beach, perhaps? This may be your idea of 'team-building', but knowing each other's interests in poetry isn't going to help us in a fight.

"Now, since none of you are willing to support me, I'll go on my own, as I've said. And I just dare you to try with your rope..." His eyes were narrowed at Kheri as he began to make his way out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.