Falseblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
yjPfE1f.png

Name: Orson of the Ordoxi

Biography:
Orson was born heir apparent to the feudal kingdom of Ordox -- a rugged, coastal kingdom with large mountain ranges marking its opposite border -- despite the rule of Monrun. He had been born after the appeal of a centuries standing ban on the interaction with foreigners. As such, xenophobia had been long ingrained within the country's culture and history. Xenophobia which stems from the long ago preference others had for his people as slaves. Slaves which learned twice as fast as others, matured just as quickly, and with half the life expectancy of most other races. Regardless of this, the Ordoxi people are biologically human, and, after reaching adolescence, never appear to be anything more than prepubescent children.

He was born during a changing time in his soon-to-be kingdom; the seas were swallowing what little lands they had, and no longer providing the bounty they once had; the mountains were shaking, collapsing any sort of mines his people were working, and whatever metals they were able to retrieve were sick, brittle lumps. The formerly self-sufficient was now hobbled by prophecy, and, after centuries of isolationism, finally opened its borders to the greater world; even participating in the selection of the world-king.

Such deep-seated prejudices do not fade over night, however, or even the long -- relative to the Ordoxi -- fifteen year reign which Lord Isgavriel had found himself. Within that time, the neutered kingdom had developed a sense of antipathy which no one could act on. Nobody embodied this more than the young and aging prince, who, despite his birthright, only felt to be a figurehead verified with the Lord of the World's word. A year after reaching maturity, the age of ten for the Ordoxi, he ran away from home.

He learned to play the piccolo, and made a living away from the luxuries of royalty as a traveling minstrel. He was a patriot with his songs, when he sang, and was popular, if forgettable, in his travels. Most didn't recognize the prince for who he was, despite the various notices placed around Ordox, as almost all had not met the man.

Unidentified, that is, until the visit of the prophet. The unnamed man had bestowed upon the man information -- information which made Orson's heart do leaps of joy -- and a dagger, a special weapon which would be able to kill the demon king. The runaway prince had decided to fulfill this prophet's vision, and kill Monrun with the five other chosen (loathe as he was to do so) so that his kingdom would be able to return to its former glory and ways.
Personality:

Orson is the embodiment of everything a prince of Ordox should be. He despises everyone not of his race, and doesn't care who knows it; going so far as to not share a granule of empathy when somebody other than an Ordoxi dies. His stubbornness is limitless as well, and his hubris makes such statements as soloing the king come easy off his tongue. That isn't to say he is loose-lipped, however, as he managed to masquerade as a common minstrel for four years.

Because of the latter two facts, many consider Orson to be a very flashy, and over the top individual, despite his obvious flaws. He's easy to embarrass, and a good joke is enough to get even this curmudgeon of a man to snort. Has the habit of humming his songs while under duress, or boredom.

Stats:
Might ->> 2
Finesse ->>>>>>> 7
Fortitude ->>> 3
Constitution ->>> 3
Health ->>> 3
Speed ->>>>>> 6
Perception ->>>>>>> 7
Arcane ->> 2
Spirit ->>> 3

Abilities:
~Heir of the Ordoxi- Orson receives a temporary buff to his Speed and Perception stats.

~Don't Miss A Beat- An attack which misses Orson prompts flat damage against the aggressor.

~Don't Turn Your Back- Orson always throws his blade with the pointy end at his target, and may return the weapon to his hand by mental command.
Equipment:
~A family short sword, bearing his family's crest

~A plain steel dagger for his offhand

~One of six daggers made from the hardest plot

~Travelling clothes

~A rucksack with travelling essentials

~A piccolo, because he still likes to play

Theme Song:

Last edited:
Since I can only accept 6 players, and there are 9 of you now who have submitted CS's, I ultimately have to whittle it down by 3. Know that though I may not accept you, it doesn't mean you should take it personally. None of you submitted bad characters (in fact all of you were at the very least a cut above most players I see). Regardless, like I said, I can only accept 6.

Because all of you were decent enough, I can't find too much to praise beyond "Yea, it looks pretty good." So instead, to make things more interesting and fun for me, I'll be brutalizing your submissions to be as (sarcastically, I don't actually think they're bad) mean as possible. So, here we go I guess. In the end I'll still select 6.

@RJS
Using apostrophes to simulate being exotic-sounding? Booooooo.

So he's goofy even in extreme situations, but he's also focused and intense during battle? So what... is he mouthing off long jokes with the monotonous tone and seriousness of Archer's IBW chant?
What did the chicken say when he crossed the road
Tender is my flesh
Many are my potential condiments

In his spare time, Ram can usually be found roaming the streets, drinking, or unsuccessfully hitting on women. Sometimes all three at once.
Right because it's really surprising that he could be on the streets, drinking, and hitting on women at the same time. Not that uncommon.

Desert nomad record #485772905: Still no novelty in sight

Right. Send the spoiled and ill-behaved pyromaniac to a notable mage's force. Because he totally deserves to be there. What makes him special compared to kids who actually got their shit together? He burned some barns down, why isn't he in jail?

Goofy and aloof pyromaniac gets a promotion to leadership positions because he took down some criminals. K. Even in Naruto you didn't see Naruto being made a team leader just because he was strong (or protagonist for that matter).

Wow. His powers all hinge on being able to brand an enemy, but with that Finesse, he couldn't hit shit. Useless teammate #1

I do like the branding mechanics though.

@Jakers
>Spirit-mage that tries to avert the concept of death being evil
>Hums sinister tune to herself

Hydrophobia just because... you need to throw in some sort of 'negative quality'. Try harder.

Misunderstood? I don't know about that. She seems pretty transparent. A quiet, weird, collected girl. Not much mystery to that.

>Traditional family
>Seems pretty collected and subdued for their work
>"Let's name this ability SPIRIT OVERDRIVE"
>Suddenly edgy

Throwing needles? What is she a combat doctor now?

Why is her theme something you'd hear in a high-end beauty parlor?

@Psyker Landshark
Why are all orcs warlike and stupid?

Despite being a half-orc, Keran is more cunning than his heritage would suggest, and is a capable tactician and planner.

Probably just his "smart human" side showing. e-e

Heavy implications of stereotypical inter-species orc rape is heavy. Doujins have sullied your mind Psykers.

Lol. This guy thinking that people will even know he killed the king. What is he going to do? Bring Isgavriel's head back to the orcs? Good luck.

Honestly not much to make fun of with this guy, besides him being literally cut and dry aspiring orc warrior.

@Zombehs
Wow. His personality is literally the worst kind of anime harem protag.

Seems like a guy better suited to being a house-maid.

Jesus. Even his stats are like a bad protag.

>Using an ability as broad as telekinesis that's not actually telekinesis
You're not fooling me.

>TSFH Theme
BOOOOOOOOOORING. Lazy shit.

@DoughGuy
Arrogant and confident in herself, Arlia is exactly what you’d expect from someone raised in the ranks of the nobles and bred as a weapon against her family’s foes.
bred as a weapon against her family’s foes.
UH OH. EDGELORD ALERT.
EDGELORD ALERT.

They believed magic belonged in the hands of those who could control it.
Those who were specially trained in its use
So basically anyone who trained. I can't imagine anyone outside the family was so stupid they'd support the Kineckimo. Is this a feud that's lasted for awhile? Yes? How silly.

...Wait. Is this Romeo and Juliet? This is practically Romeo and Juliet.

@ERode
Why the hell did you need a gif showing your character in a bikini? What's the point? This has nothing to do with her character at all.

Overall, Lucia is really, really weird.
Oh yea. Real weird, Rodey.

If she was spy, she'd have literally the worst personality going for her. If this were an anime, and she turned out to be the spy, I would be neither surprised nor impressed by her creator's imagination.

Something about it simply clicked with the young girl,
Must be the gladiator blood.

World’s Bloodbath would have done, and sold Lucia to the master of the arena.
Edgy. In the grimdark world of Falseblade, girls are sold into slavery and exit with a cutesy anime attitude.

She has fans all over the world? Well if I didn't know better, I'd say people had cable television already... wait.

Ah. There's the reason for the gif. I presume this was thrown in to legitimize the gif.

She’ll challenge him alongside her five comrades, in the capital of the world, and put on the greatest show ever.
And lose all of her good notoriety. *claps*

@Click This
Wow. With all this pragmatism Gregory sounds like a long-time veter- Oh... he's only 27 years old.

Damn. I can't make fun of this guy very easily. You're in.

@Kobal

Being left-handed, he always has his favored weapon on his right side.
Talk about pointless information.

He seems to smile and laugh at most things, though when something becomes serious and demands his attention, Adrias restrain himself.
So basically he's just normal.

Man that personality is so... sterile. Like literally nothing stands out.

>Born to mercenaries
>Trained
>Did missions
>Lost friends
Even his biography is cut and dry.

@Voltin
...!

Fuck I cant find anything in this CS either. HIS POWERS ARE BORING. I guess that's it.

So with that, I'm accepting Click This and Voltin for the first two slots. As for the other four...

Disillusioned knight Gregory.
Xenophobe little prince Orson.
Aspiring orc warrior Keran.
Oddball spirit-witch Avira.
Popstar gladiator Lucia.
That one guy named Kheri.

There. Those are the six players chosen. Apologies to others, your CS's were nevertheless good.

Reactions: Jakers
Kukukukuku...Just as expected.

I was litterally almost finished writing my CS when the players were chosen. Should I post it?

Anime-Anime-Form-Picture-Nice-Wallpaper-09-960x1280.jpg

Decided to post since I spent a lot of time on this CS. I don't know if it will still be accepted or not but I wanted to share it. I will remove if there is any problems.

" Everything slowly dies in the frost."

Name: Aksinya Alexandria

Appearance:

Aksinya has extremely pale skin with the exception of dark bags around her eyes. Her eyes are bright blue but are usually glazed and expressionless. She has short black hair reaching down her neck. Aksinya has a fairly frail body type and is slightly underweight. But it's usually hidden under her baggy clothes. She usually wears her red sweater and a pair of black legging, a pair of boots, along with brown gloves giving her a more masculine look than her other contemporaries. She is usually unarmed but sometimes she carries several small, rusty, iron knives hidden under her clothes.

Personality:

Aksinkya's personality is very dulled and unsettling. She is usually quiet rarely saying anything at all, but she is more expressive in her body language and slight changes in expressions. However it is still fairly difficult to figure out her mood or opinions of others. She is mostly apathetic around people in general so she is not particually against staying in a group. However she is naturally isolated from others due to her distant personality and sometimes complete lack of communication. Besides Aksinkya's silence and lack of communication she has a tendency not to sleep. She is usually awake late at nights sitting down while looking at her surroundings. Ocassionally Aksintya falls sleep due to complete exhaustion but these moments are erractic and unpredicatble. She can be sleep for a few minutes or days depending on her health.

These factors make Aksinkya difficult to cooperate with in battle. However she is well aware of her limits and roles that she should perform. She is not quick to directly get into combat; even if she enjoys a major advantage against her opponent. Instead, she will usually stall and defend against the opponent until they are completely exhausted and then conduct a methodical offensive against her opponent, exploiting any kind of weakness in their defense. Her combat style can be summed up to delay, exhaust, attack, and destroy. In other words, if her opponent loses she will make sure they have lost. However, her combat style is more present when she is fighting alone. In group combat she acts solely as support with little or no initiative.

Despite Akstinya's distant personality she is very fond of a few things. She enjoys playing chess in her free time carefully divising new strageties. She can be seen late at nights playing against herself with improvished chess pieces and a wooden board she had made from a few planks of wood. She is also highly proficient in wood carving using small iron knives.

Biography:

Akstinya was born in a small village called Zagoski located in the North. The climate was severely harsh with blizzards and snowstorms being common. Akstinya was raised by her mother while her father was drafted into the King's army. Early in her childhood she was severely ill, losing much of her weight. After extensive care from her mother she slowly recovered. She spent most of her time inside the house, after she fully recovered Akstinya went back to aiding her mother. She learned how to adapt to the climate, sewing coats and boots, learning how to fish, and wood carving in her freetime. Akstinya was mostly quiet and obident to her mother.

As Akstinya grew older she slowly took over most of the work around her home. She chopped firewood, repaired the house, made clothes, and cooked to support her aging mother. She carved wodden figure for her mother and herself with any spare knives she could salvage. She carved a wooden bird for her father waiting for his return and the first chance to see him in her life. Akstinya continued her responsibilities around the village while her mother continued to age. When Aksinya reached the age of thirteen her mother became critically ill.

Aksinya now spent all of her time taking care of mother and scraping enough food, water, and medicine to substain her mother. However her mother's condition worsened and it was now clear she would not survive. Akstinya knew this but continued taking care of mother at her own expenses rarely eating a few scraps of bread over the course of days. Akstinya endured this ordeal, she asked her fellow villagers for any food they could spare in exchange for some of her wooden carvings and labour. As her mother was on her deathbed she told Akstinya that her father was killed after desserting the army to rejoin his family. Her mother then died, she was buried in a small grave a few miles from her house. Aksinya inherited the house her mother left and continued her life in Zagoski. At that time she had discovered she was capable of casting magic. Fascinated by this she practiced constantly improving her abilities to use magic. She spent less time sleeping to make time to fufill her wants. Eventually she mastered her abilities after years of trial and error, practice, and experimentation solely driven by obsessive curiosity.

Aksinya visited her mother's grave leaving the wooden carving of the bird and sold her home for enough money to leave Zagoski to experience the world around her.

Stats:
Might - 1
Finesse - 3
Fortitude - 3
Constitution - 3
Health - 5
Speed - 2
Perception - 3
Arcane - 10
Spirit - 6

Abilities:

Ice Wall - Aksinya creates a barrier made of ice there are several types of ice she can construct each with their own advantages and disadvantges:

Angled Armor ( Passive ) - Aksinya can angle the ice wall to increase its thickness and chance to deflect a ranged attack. She cannot use this ability while creating body armor however.

Soft Ice - Good for absorbing impact and shocks. It takes less mana for Aksinya to create. However a large quanity of it must be created to absorb heavy attacks effectively. It is also more fragile and can be easily penetrated. This type is best used to handle light and medium attacks.

Hard Ice - High-quality ice able to defect light attacks well and can bear heavier attacks. This type of ice consumes more mana and can shatter if an attack is strong enough.

Dense Ice - A mixture of soft and hard ice. The soft ice absorbs the impact of an attack while the hard ice provides support and gives it the ability to deflect ranged attacks. This is most intricate type of ice Aksinya can produce and it consumes large amounts of mana. However, it provides an almost impenetrable defense especially when it is angled.

Frost ( Passive ) - Aksinya's presence changes the weather automatically through her emitting mana this provides minor buffs for Ansinya and minor debuffs. However she can increase the effects of her ability by applying more mana:

Snowfall - a light cluster of snow occurs in the battlefield. Aksinya recovers 0.5 MP and all of the opponent's stats are reduced by a quarter of a point. with the exception of speed and perception which is reduced by half a point. This ability costs no mana.

Snowstorm - Heavier clusters of snow start to appear in the battlefield. Aksinya recovers 0.5HP per turn and all of the opponent's stats are reduced by half a point. Speed and Perception is reduced by one point. This ability drains a low amount of mana per turn.

Blizzard - A harsh storm breaks out in the battlefield. Aksinya recovers 1.5 HP per turn and all of the opponent's stats are reduced by one point. Speed and Perception is reduced by two points. Opponents can also be inflicted with frostbite which reduces attack and defense. This ability drains a moderate amount of mana.

Tundra - A indescrible storm breaks out ravaging her opponents. Aksinya recovers 2 HP per turn. All of the opponent's states are reduced by two points. Speed and Perception are reduced by four points. Opponents are likely to suffer frostbite. This ability drains a high amount of mana.

Ice Craft - Aksinya creates weapons constructed out of ice.

Equipment:

Heavy-Coat - Provides protection against the frost and small amount from physical attack.

Knives - Used to carve wood and attack opponents.

Bread - So she doesn't starve...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, besides the font and color being incredibly hard to read, there's not too much to say about the CS (once again it's written fine like everyone else). Her development of magical powers seems awfully convenient and jarring however, especially considering the apparent magnitude of ice powers she displays when her only magical tutoring was gained... purely through sudden self-discovery.

In any case, as I've already chosen the players, I cannot accept your CS. Good character in general, but I apologize.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person

Name: Najila El-Mabah-Layali
Personality: Proud, elegant, and cocksure. Though most who come across her assume Najila to be some princess from an exotic land, she simply acts like one, though her origin is far less glamorous. She carries herself tall regardless, fully aware of both her beauty and skill. Her discretion, however, is lacking, and it shows through her transparent arrogance and tendency to flaunt. Though she isn't incapable of teamwork, it's clear she's at least less-than-concerned for other people's well being.

Stats:
Might - 4
Finesse - 5
Fortitude - 4
Constitution - 3
Health - 6
Speed - 3
Perception - 2
Arcane - 6
Spirit - 3

Abilities:
Ruinbeast - When critically wounded, Najila can channel her fury and shift into a monstrous form, taking on increased Might and Fortitude. In this form, Najila's strikes curse the enemy, severely decreasing healing potency on them and increasing the potency of her Endcall ability. Her beast form only ends after the use of Endcall, or if a battle ends.

Touch of Malice - When Najila loses health, her Touch of Malice Arcane pool is channeled into her Might up to a certain point. If she would drop below 2 health, Najila may immediately cast Endcall (using her maximum Arcane). A successful hit on any enemies returns a point of Health and 2 Arcane to her pool for Touch of Malice.

Endcall - While in human form, Najila may only cast Endcall through the effects of Touch of Malice. Can be used at will during Ruinbeast form. Endcall blasts a large area around Najila with cursing energy, applying healing-potency debuffs to enemies hit.

Equipment:
Ritual Dagger - Provided by the Prophet.
Shortsword - Moderately adept at using it.

::Theme Song::

Last edited:
Well, GG guys :)

Character stats have been recorded.
Character ability mechanics have been created.
The spy has been selected.

First IC post is in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.