False Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if, say, one out of every hundred people you meet is totally fucking nutso, just how many people do you meet in a lifetime?

At some point in your life, by sheer statistical odds, you will be threatened, and discriminated against. Depending on where you live & the circumstances of your birth, perhaps more-so, perhaps less.
It probably helps that my relationship experience has been pretty minimal, and the two I have seen before are both decent people who wouldn't pull shit like that.

Like, I get how the numbers work. But to actually see for myself the amount of people affected? People I actually know and not just news reports? It's a bit of an eye opener.

It probably helps that my relationship experience has been pretty minimal, and the two I have seen before are both decent people who wouldn't pull shit like that.

Like, I get how the numbers work. But to actually see for myself the amount of people affected? People I actually know and not just news reports? It's a bit of an eye opener.
I'll share a piece of life wisdom with you then. Probably one of the most humbling and terrifying I know.

We all understand pain because we've all felt pain. Every person you see on the street has a scar, somewhere. A deep, personal scar, that they bury deep away, and don't talk about anymore, with anyone, but which still haunts their dreams at night.

What really makes us unique isn't the virtues we aspire to, or the dreams we have. We share those with others. What makes us unique is where we're damaged, because that's the experience your brain will turn to when trying to examine the negative consequences of anything around you. Your definition of pain is based on the pain you have felt, and avoidance of pain is a primary, subconscious human function.

Translation: Everyone you've ever seen, good or bad, has been hurt deeply at least once in their lives. The only difference between the good people and the bad people is the former still cares enough to try not to hurt others. The latter doesn't care anymore.

Translation: Everyone you've ever seen, good or bad, has been hurt deeply at least once in their lives. The only difference between the good people and the bad people is the former still cares enough to try not to hurt others. The latter doesn't care anymore.
If I could love this extract 100 times, I would. It's so true.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
I still can't rationalize those who would so carelessly ruin others lives though...
And hopefully that's one aspect of people I will never learn to rationalize.

Reactions: Greenie
I still can't rationalize those who would so carelessly ruin others lives though...
And hopefully that's one aspect of people I will never learn to rationalize.
Some warped sense of power and satisfaction people get I guess. I don't understand it either, and to be honest, I'm a little worried to even try to. I really don't want to end up like a person who will ruin someone else's life. I've seen two shattered families because of such crap. Goodness knows the world is filled with this sort of s**t.

Some warped sense of power and satisfaction people get I guess. I don't understand it either, and to be honest, I'm a little worried to even try to. I really don't want to end up like a person who will ruin someone else's life. I've seen two shattered families because of such crap. Goodness knows the world is filled with this sort of s**t.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." -Nietzsche.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." -Nietzsche.
Stuff like that is why I try to take breaks from stuff like debates or more serious videos.
Too much exposure will start to affect my mood and day to day routine, and if left unchecked I end up doing similar shit but with a different face.

Basically why people will see flip-flopping between "All the debates" and "Debate? Fuck this shit I'm out!".

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Greenie
Here's a story about the police around here. A couple years ago a family member of mine got some theft charges put on them that they admitted to. They were jailed, as one would expect, but during their incarceration they were handed a legal document of recent crimes throughout the town and told that if they admitted to doing any of these(regardless on if they actually did them) it would decrease their sentence. Yeah...that bribery went straight to court. So I'm not too trusting about the local enforcement.

Personally, I have not been the victim of any false accusations with the legal system. In personal matters there are minor things here and there, none I can remember at the moment, and none very serious. Well there was that time in grade school when one of the clicky groups accused me of pushing one of them. I was not a very social child, so I just rolled with it and apologized to the girl that I never made physical contact with. I didn't even know she existed until that point. Its one of those silly childhood memories that stick with you. x'D

Cuz' desperation. Guys do it too. Hell, I'd say it's just human, no gender does it more or less. Desperate people will threaten each other to get what they want, especially when they've lost (or outright disregard) any of their logical faculties to embrace total, selfish madness.

It's easy to pity yourself. There's a certain sweet, but sickly ichor to it. To cripple yourself, and see the problems in everyone else. If you ever want to truly love someone, you have to get past your own self pity first, or it will constantly hold you back. You can't offer someone else a dance or take them on an adventure if you break your own legs and scream at the locals for refusing to carry you up the stairs.

So, I don't really hate that woman. I give her the one thing she gives herself.

Pity.

Anything else would be a waste of my time. You know?

EDIT

Hell, you're a parent. You know more than I all about having to get past what you want so your kids can get the right things they need in life. What am I doing, ranting like this. :ferret:
I wouldn't say hate, but I do have a lot of anger for women like that, and it's because I'm a mother.

I think about what would happen if (God forbid!) any of my daughter's were assaulted, and that thought is always in the back of your mind. I think about how they would have to prove what happened to them instead of just being believed because of all the people who have cried wolf in the past. I can't say I pity people who abuse the system to get attention, because I loathe them. They discredit genuine victims who have been assaulted, and they make it difficult for the men who are innocent to carry on with their lives. Whether or not a person is actually found guilty of rape in the courts, the stigma around it destroys any credit they may have. They could be the nicest person in the world, but the minute someone finds out that there's a rape accusation with their name on it, then everyone looks at them differently.

It's not fair that men who have done nothing wrong other than reject a woman are subjected to months, sometimes years of scrutiny all based on the word of that woman. All that needs to be said is 'I was scared to go to the police' and the woman is almost always believed and rallied behind without question for the most part. Unless there's a pattern of false accusations, people tend to side with the supposed victim, and that's what pisses me off. I know that may sound funny coming from a woman, and I know it's expected that I be sympathetic to any victim of a sexual assault, I honestly can't unless I see the case going up in court with evidence that actually supports the claim.

I have had personal experiences with girls and women claiming to have been molested, and shunning their supposed molesters (This was my step-family). For years I'd keep my kids away from them at family get togethers, and would have nothing to do with them at all. Until one day I realized that the person claiming they were molested was a complete liar. She wasn't molested, she just wanted everyone's attention, and she turned my own instincts to protect those around me against me. It's not fun to feel manipulated in that way, but it hurts even more to know you've believed the worst about someone without even giving them the benefit of doubt. Mind you, I was young at the time and didn't really see the harm it could cause, and looking back on it now I wish I had. Who knows how many people were told the same story, and how many times a rumor went on that tarnished that person's reputation. Why? All because one person was an attention whore and used the worst possible thing that can happen to a girl to get what she wanted.

@Nydanna - At least you realized it, and props to you. My brother's reputation was tarnished to the point that he was heading toward ending his life. Thankfully my parents were there for him. The thing that broke him the most was that his own brother and family didn't believe him. And even now, knowing the truth, they keep their kids away from him.

It's amazing how false accusations completely tore my family apart. I had been living overseas when all this crap had gone down, but when I came back, it saddened me so much to see that my three brothers, who'd get along through thick and thin would no longer be in the same house together, let alone see eye to eye.

It's taken about ten years for them to finally build some bridges once more x.x bridges that lies and false accusations burned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.