Status
Not open for further replies.
What?! How'd you know?! XP

Almost done.

I know a muscus miner when I see one.

And yay! =D

We never talked about how our characters would meet, or have met. xD

True. I think it would be fun if they had not met yet. I would say either in some sort town or other, or one seeks the other out because they need their skills for something.

What would b funny is, if he was in like a saloon playing blackjack beating everyone, then Akron comes in and he thinks he's got easy money so he challenges Akron--who then says if he wins, he gets your character as a hired hand and then proceeds to beat your character at BlackJack because it isn't his first time playing. xD

hmm, that could work.

Alternatively, they could get into a bar fight and they end up on the same side. =D

b45266ef7d32b37f8007102f24564c9d.jpg

Full Name: Marsalis Deschain
Birthday: January 23rd, 2266
Species: Human
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Heigh: 6'4"
Weight: 205lbs
Personality Type: Smartass, laid back, very intelligent (for a farm boy), and generally good-natured.
Place of Origin: Arroyo, Oregon

Affiliation: NCR, Arroyo, Klamath,
Game of Origin: Using Perks & Feats & Items from New Vegas, Companions from Fallout 2
Karma-Level: Good

STR: 4
PER: 8
END: 5
CHA: 5
INT: 7
AGI: 9
LCK: 2

Primary Skills:
1.) Guns (Small)
2.) Lockpick
3.) Survival
4.) Repair

Perks:
1.) Hand Loader
2.) Cowboy
3.) Rapid Reload
4.) The Professional

Preferred Weapon Type: Revolver/ Lever-action Repeating Rifle
Primary Weapon: Ranger Sequoia x2
Subsidiary Weapon: Winchester 1886 Lever-Action Rifle (Trail Carbine)

Modifications:
Ranger Sequoia: 6-Shot Barrel Cylinder
; adds 1 extra bullet,
Matching Barrel; decreases guns spread.

Trail Carbine: Scope; Adds 2.6x Magnification,
Steel Forged Reciever; weapon can be fired more times before breaking,
Custom Stock (Walnut); reduction in weight.

Preferred Armor Type: Medium
Primary Armor: NCR Ranger Combat Armor "Black Armor"
Power Armor: (N)

Weakness/ Disadvantages:
1.) Not very good with explosives
2.) Isn't very good at Bartering
3.) Can't Hack terminals
4.) Due to heavier armor, creatures with heightened senses (Yao Gui, Deathclaw, higher forms of Ghoul) have a higher chance of hearing him even while sneaking

Most Liked Companions: Goris, Smoke, K--9, Vic

Least Liked Companions: Lenny, Sulik, Marcus. (Talk too much.)

Friends: Goris the Deathclaw, Vic the Trader, Marcus the Super Mutant, Lenny the Ghoul, Sulik the Tribal,

Rivals: Craige Boon

Lovers: Formally Rose of Sharon Cassidy

Enemies: Zealots both NCR and Brotherhood, Raiders, cannibals, Feral Ghouls, Super Mutants, Radscorpions

fa214679a1e10212ed15ab27ede2872b.jpg

Last edited:
We could do both! =P

I have to come up with a new weakness. As it turns out, for some reason, the NCR Ranger helmets classify as "heavy" armor because they can only be fixed with an item of the same type. I dunno, it's weird.

There, I made him not very good with explosives--since your character seems like an explosives expert. >.>

All done!

Last edited:
LOL we can!

And hehe you boned Cass ;D

It's fine they can both be good with explosives. Frank just likes to blow things up. lol

So it sounds like we are pretty set then?

Yes, yes I did and she liked it. ;)

Well, I was trying to play to their strengths and weaknesses; Akron is more of a marksman and speed fighter. Your character seems more like a brawler with the gauntlet and the endurance.

But, yes, we are ready to go. :D

O did she now? XD

And awesome! So what is next?

We need some locations; Arroyo is one, Seattle, is one.

You mean like just in the area?

I did manage to find this: Northwest Commonwealth

Any of these would be cool to explore.

@Cerulean

Yeah, I've been looking at that actually. Do you have and ideas, aside from a bar, of the location my character would eventually run into yours?

Take a look at this as well, I'm thinking about rounding my list of locations with some of them--simply because there are locations in the first list that have no details on them so I wouldn't know where to begin.

It's always easier to work off of something even if it's rudimentary than write from scratch. it's the Southwest Commonwealth and includes cities from New Vegas and Fallout 2.

Edit: I would also like to know what your character would get out of their exchange; what are his motivations, what does he want? In general, from my character, what would be his ambitions or his goals? We know Akron Deschain is the grandson of the Vault Dweller from Fallout 1 and son of the Chosen One from Fallout 2--is going being sent on a mission by his fellow tribesmen of Arroyo to go in search of a G.E.C.K to help the NCR.

So he has an overall goal, but what would be some things that we could involve Frank in that would mean something to him?

Last edited:
Oh definitely! I just have been juggling a bunch of things!

Writing up a response to your previous poist now

@Cerulean

Oh, okay--just had a couple people have to drop different role-plays I'm in, so, I was a bit tense. x.X

The problem is the difference between what he tells you and how truth is in his words. ;D

Whether he would admit to it or not, helping innocents and the like tends to pull on his heartstrings. He doesn't really have much in the way of distinction between who is or isn't just another asshole (excluding groups like raiders or The Legion). Not to mention that being needed always sort of tickled his fancy.

So overall? Doing the right thing is what will motivate him the most. Even if he says that caps and women are all he needs. lol

Okay, let me see if I am understanding you correctly; Your character, Frank, isn't really too dissimilar from other who for roving bands of men either for jobs or protection. But Frank doesn't just team up with anyone, he has a conscious, he has some sense of morality, so Raiders and the Legion--he'd stay clear away from unless fighting them or something. He comes off as roguish philanderer type of guy, right?

Last edited:
But where would my character come across him, any specific location in particular you wanted? Because I was thinking after Arroyo village had trained Akron, they'd get a letter from the NRC heads requesting help from the Vault Dweller but he's already gone, and the Chosen One who is now the village elder is too old so they send Akron so he ventures to New Vegas to see what they need and they tell him they need a GECK, but there are none in the surrounding areas so Akron goes North towards Seattle and the vaults in the surrounding areas. But while he's in New Vegas, he could meet Frank, beat him in a card game but the two have to have each others backs when a rowdy bunch, who'd been expecting to win want to fight over the caps

Status
Not open for further replies.