Fallout Role Play [All welcome]

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laika

Original poster

tenor.gif

"War. War never changes.

Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.

In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world – but war, war never changes."

<Excited beeping>

Welcome to my first attempt at a group role play on Iwaku. In case the title and intro weren't enough, yes, this is based in the Fallout universe. The game will be non canon and set in the good old Capital Wasteland, so while you are free to make up your own locations and such, the events of the third game never took place. Depending on the interest gauged and the dedication of our players we may at some point folly into other settings the series has graced; New California, Midwest, Texas, Mojave Wasteland and The Commonwealth. So, don't be put off if the Capital Wasteland wasn't your favorite setting or Fallout 3 isn't your first choice of game, I believe it is fair to say that it would be the one people would be most familiar with however, which is why we're using it in this game.

With that out of the way and hopefully understood, some rules for you to digest;

1. Use your common sense, please.

2. No meta-gaming. (Your character using OOC information that they have not learned by their own means, this includes having your character driven by out of character vendettas or goals in order for them to gain information).

3. No power-gaming. (When a player forces an action upon someone or something when either the action is illogical or the receiver is not given the ability to respond in any way. Also just being blatantly over-powered and withstanding injuries unrealistically).

4. While it is understood that this is a treacherously vile and mature role play setting, romance that extends into the territory of 'The Dirty Deed' should be kept out of the thread and brought to private messages. Mature role play is understood but sex or sexual interaction is not permitted in-game.

5. Your character's skills must be fitting for their age. No 17 year old doctors who can cure cancer with a spork and some Deathclaw fecal matter, ok? (Actually, has anyone tried that yet?)

6. You are NOT the Lone Wanderer, Chosen One, Courier Six or The Vault Dweller. When playing, think of yourself as that random NPC in the background, of course this does not mean you shouldn't have an in-depth background with roots and memories, you are welcome and encouraged to do so.

7. Include the phrase; <Excited beeping>, at the bottom of your character sheet so I know you read all these rules.

8. This is not a democracy, but the GMs appreciate and learn from your feedback.

9. Max characters per player; 2

Life & Death Gameplay.

The Capital Wasteland is a dangerous place and if you're not careful, you may find yourself paying dearly for your mistake. Death is a potential outcome for players and the result is permanent. However, this does not mean you cannot create another character for the role play (although it will have to go through the same acceptance process as if you're a new member before being played). Who dies and when is at the discretion of the GM or the person who created a certain character, all decisions are final and irreversible - keep that in mind folks.

Character Sheet.

Below you'll find the skeleton for beginning on your character(s) if you simply cannot wait for an OOC, you can post here or message me directly with any questions relating to the role play and characters. Happy gaming.

Name: (Your Name).
Occupation: (You can feel free to get a little creative here, it's not going to matter much, honestly).
Sexuality: (You know...)
Nationality: (Come on...)
Race: (Human, Ghoul, Super Mutant... Robot?).
Faction Allegiance: (None, Brotherhood of Steel, Outcasts, Chinese Remnants, Raiders, Talon Company, Railroad, etc. Feel free to create your own).
Appearance: (No anime, realistic picture, detailed description or both are acceptable).
Skills: (Skills you're proficient with; Sneak, Small guns, Explosives, etc. Max skills: 4).
Brief History: (Your characters history).

Notes.
- Depending on the level of interest the maximum number of characters (2) per player may be reduced or increased. This will not affect you being allowed to create a new character should one of yours meet an untimely end.
- You might want to reread the rules again to ensure your character gets accepted as quickly as possible.
- The thread will, most likely, be expanded upon when it comes to making an ooc.
- Have fun and don't be a d-bag![/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Just realized this was an interest check, not a sign up, ugh...

I'd be interested!

Just realized this was an interest check, not a sign up, ugh...

I'd be interested!

That's probably my fault, I had it posted in the sign up section but requested it moved to here. Glad to have you aboard.

Looks interesting. Question, though: is this an interest check or a sign up? Generally folks don't put skeletons until they've got the full ooc, just want to be sure. Regardless, I'm in.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Question, though: is this an interest check or a sign up? Generally folks don't put skeletons until they've got the full ooc, just want to be sure. Regardless, I'm in.

Hi, thank-you so much for showing interest. Yes, this is an interest check -- I admit myself it is a little strange to see a character skeleton outside of an ooc. The idea being that people can work on characters (if they so please) before the ooc is put up, for any eager beavers out there.

So good to have you aboard.

Reactions: Dipper
Another question; If this is taking place in the Capital waste and, by extension, Fallout 3... Do we use only the fallout 3 skills in the skills part of the character form? I wanted to create a character with the "survival" skill from NV but was unsure on it

Reactions: Laika
Another question; If this is taking place in the Capital waste and, by extension, Fallout 3... Do we use only the fallout 3 skills in the skills part of the character form? I wanted to create a character with the "survival" skill from NV but was unsure on it

Feel free to use the Survival/Outdoorsman skill -- the Capital Wasteland extends only to setting in this case.

P.S. Tell your friends, aha.

I'm interested as well, though I'm not sure precisely as to what my character will be.

I'm interested as well, though I'm not sure precisely as to what my character will be.

There's a lot to choose from, I don't blame you, aha. With four of us now I'll put up an ooc soon.

You've got my interest, I love a little fallout now and then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.