INTEREST CHECK Fallout: Remember the Alamo

C

CosmicWeinerDog

Original poster
War… War never changes.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

In the 21st century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Earth.

In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise.

Unlike the remains of Nevada and Utah, The Texas Commonwealth found itself stricken hard by the toils of apocalyptic life. From the broken remnants of the Master's army to the survivors of Cesar's Legion following their loss at Hoover Dam; the commonwealth stood as a middle ground for history to find its second wind. These remnants of days gone would find that the territory here was never kind. Brutal storms yielding tornados of radioactive debris still tear their way across the wastes, leaving little room for respite. It is here that wayward nomads battle over what little resources salt the earth and where survivors tell tales of legends left behind from a forgotten civilization.

One such tale speaks of the Edwards Aquifer. An underground reservoir of water that once supported the needs of the entire commonwealth in the days before the bombs fell. But legends cannot sate thirst and the pursuers of them often find themselves at the mercy of the Wasteland.

Welcome to San Antonio...

If you hadn't guessed, this is going to be an RP based in the fallout universe centered around a plotline that I had originally intended for a tabletop for quite some time. The setting will take place in and around the greater San Antonio area including such lovely attractions as Sea World, Ft. Sam Houston, Corpus Christi, the river walk, natural bridge caverns and of course the Alamo.

For the fallout fans out there, several groups you're familiar with will be making their cameos through out the story line, but keep in mind the Texas Commonwealth is a very jagged place. Don't be surprised to find that the motivations of some outfits have changed do to the abrasive existence of this side of the wasteland. The Brotherhood of Steel, Super Mutants, Ghouls, Vault-tec, Robco, The Enclave, Cesar's Legion, Raiders and even smaller groups like Mordino's and the Cat's Paw will make their appearance, just don't expect them to be exactly like you remember.

Against my better judgement, I've decided to run this as a forum rp rather than to do this as a tabletop game. That being said, I want to stress the direction of this campaign towards the scarcity of resources, ammo, food, water and the like, giving a driving direction of the story based on needs. As for what needs come out on top, well that's for you guys to decide.

As for setting, the timeline will take place a few years following the happenings of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (For those of you unfortunate enough to play it) and before Fallout: New Vegas immediately after the Legion's initial loss of Hoover Dam.

As for starting equipment, guns, ammo etc... Don't worry about it. The party will start together after being picked up by a band of slavers. Characters can be from all walks of life, or even other races within reason but this is how I plan to bring everyone together. The group will begin the story in a prison like atmosphere and will continue from there starting with nothing more than the clothes on their back. Not the best hand to have in the Texas Commonwealth. From here, debts will be dug, enemies forged and questionable alliances cast.

Finally, this RP will be dealing with some very gritty themes the likes of gore, slavery, discrimination, drug use, genocide, insanity, and dark humor involving all of these aspects. Please keep in mind of this when applying as you will be wading through quite a bit of a mess.

Do you have what it takes to survive?

logo1.jpg

I'm definately in, only played New Vegas though.. I'm already addicted to the series and bought Fallout 3 GOTY so I dunno everything about it.. I'd like to do this if you'll have me.

I've played 3 and New Vegas, all of 3's DLC, none of NV's.

That helps, but game experience really isn't a requirement. I'm just using the framework.

I'm a huge fan of Fallout so you can count me in.

Cosmic's gonna be running a Fallout RP, you say?

Hell yeah, you know I'm in. Let's get our apocalypse simulation on the go.

Looks like first female to comment but count me in. ^^

Huge fan~!!!

Hell yeah, That makes for enough folks.

I'll have the OOC up by next week. I'm psyched. I've been wanting to run this storyline for two and a half years.

I'm honored to take part in your epic story.

I LIED, THE OOC'S UP BECAUSE I DECIDED TO STAY UP TILL 5 AM.

YAY.

Expect the IC thread to hit sometime next week

Haha you didn't wait at all. Excited, much?

Hell I can't blame him, I'd be excited too!