Fallout: Remember the Alamo OOC

• Thread starter CosmicWeinerDog
  • Start date
oh my god, I missed out on a lot TT_TT I have a lot of reading to do...

Will it be okay if I just so had to happen to have some med-x with me?

To justify, My character was caught on one of his burglary missions. I doubt my character would go do a job like that without being prepared, now would he? Plus, he has some sneak skill so that means I can hide stuff on his body too right? (Plus a couple pills of med-x is really small)

Just asking so I don't receive hate from people

I don't think you'd recieve hate, just messeges.

Will it be okay if I just so had to happen to have some med-x with me?

To justify, My character was caught on one of his burglary missions. I doubt my character would go do a job like that without being prepared, now would he? Plus, he has some sneak skill so that means I can hide stuff on his body too right? (Plus a couple pills of med-x is really small)

Just asking so I don't receive hate from people

First of, no and no.

Med-ex while not terribly big is an injected drug similar to Heroin, or Psycho, or other nasty stuff.

Keep in mind (And this goes for everyone because I'm going to start killing people if things continue the way they are) You're in a freeking slaver's prison designed to coral you up and kill you for the entertainment of viewers.

Your well being is not cared about. They won't lose sleep shooting you in the face.

Upon being admited, you start with nothing but the clothes on your back. I made this rather clear when I wrote the OOC. I should have enforced this with the random deck of Caravan cards that got "Smuggled" into the tanks. When making this game I was really pushing for the aspect of realism, something that hasn't been made a priority it seems. Edit your post and omit that section or change it up.

Ya'll are hurting mah brain. Anyway, think about it. You're in a hostage situation, you have no trump cards keeping you alive at the moment. Presently from a slaver's standpoint, it's easier to put a bullet in your face than it is to deal with the problem rationally.

In an actual situation Verbal's shotgun blast would have been loaded with buckshot from the get go. I didn't want to be mean so I fudged reality and invented bean bag rounds.

CONSIDER THIS A WARNING

While not trying to be a dick, I have no qualms killing my players.

I don't want my character to die ; __ ; oh and there're bean bag rounds in Fallout: New Vegas. Gun Runner's Arsenal DLC though I think.

Go down to your local sporting goods store and try to buy them.

They exist, but they're not exactly common and are usually reserved for law enforcement or other riot control what nots.

Assuming they'd be in the hands of a crew of blood thirsty slavers is probably a bit of a stretch.

Also, in the real world the things do a lot more damage than they do in the movies. They can and do break bones, they can and do invoke muscle spasms that often leave victims winded, bruised, and with crazy marks that don't look terribly fun.

Well if you gotta stretch the realism you gotta do what you gotta do.

Name: Benjamin Whitman

Appearance:
Clothes:
[SPOILI]
mrfoster_zpsa53bb960.jpg
[/SPOILI]
Face:
[SPOILI]
Corbis-42-20041923_zpscbc91cec.jpg
[/SPOILI]

Race: Human

Backstory: Benjamin grew up watching traders make their way through the wasteland and idolizing them. He even began a minor trade caravan making the rounds between his hometown and nearby settlements, until his life changed forever when he was looking for new merchandise and found a scavenger who'd raided a surprisingly pristine Old World library and had economic textbooks up for trade. Emboldened by half-understood concepts and latching onto the idea that "Supply creates its own demand," Benjamin made several competitive deals with ranchers to secure product, taking the quote as gospel. Unfortunately the plans to generate power using brahmin dung never worked and a large supply of brahmin dung did not create a demand for it. But Benjamin didn't give up hope, even when he had to sell his caravan and go into independent scavenging and trading to make ends meet. He wears his suit more often than anyone should, thinking the most important thing is to look professional (Look professional for who? He'll never say) at all times, despite the gas mask he tries to keep on at all times when he's outdoors to keep out the "fumes." No one's ever told him that you have to replace the filters on gas masks.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
S: 5
P: 6
E: 5
C: 7
I: 6
A: 4
L: 5

Tag skills:
Speech
Barter
Small Guns
Pilot

"No, see, it makes perfect sense. When you have a bunch of stuff, that's your supply. And when people want it, that's demand. And everyone wants what you have. I used to own a caravan and we always had a lot of stuff and raiders were always always trying to take it. And if raiders want it so bad they'll kill for it, imagine how much everyone who's not a raider wants to buy it. So, supply creates its own demand, if you have a bunch of stuff then people will want it!"

Spams, I like the concept but if you want to jump into act one you need to explain how you managed to get caught and imprisoned by slavers.

Also upon getting tossed into the tank, you'd be relieved of your stuff... up and including your gas mask most likely.

Which might make for an interesting platform considering how attached the character is to it. But if you'd rather not do that, you can hold out for act two and jump in at a later point.

No no, I entirely expected that he wouldn't have his gas mask at the start of this thing, planning to use that for post fuel about how the fumes are going to addle his brains. I would like to jump in son though, so I'm working on an explanation of why he's in the tank now.

will hold off on moving the story then

First of, no and no.

Med-ex while not terribly big is an injected drug similar to Heroin, or Psycho, or other nasty stuff.

Keep in mind (And this goes for everyone because I'm going to start killing people if things continue the way they are) You're in a freeking slaver's prison designed to coral you up and kill you for the entertainment of viewers.

Your well being is not cared about. They won't lose sleep shooting you in the face.

Upon being admited, you start with nothing but the clothes on your back. I made this rather clear when I wrote the OOC. I should have enforced this with the random deck of Caravan cards that got "Smuggled" into the tanks. When making this game I was really pushing for the aspect of realism, something that hasn't been made a priority it seems. Edit your post and omit that section or change it up.

Ya'll are hurting mah brain. Anyway, think about it. You're in a hostage situation, you have no trump cards keeping you alive at the moment. Presently from a slaver's standpoint, it's easier to put a bullet in your face than it is to deal with the problem rationally.

In an actual situation Verbal's shotgun blast would have been loaded with buckshot from the get go. I didn't want to be mean so I fudged reality and invented bean bag rounds.

CONSIDER THIS A WARNING

While not trying to be a dick, I have no qualms killing my players.

May I say, I thought they'd have only confiscated weapons, drugs, and caps. I keep with the stiletto because it's rather well hidden, and I kept the satchel because how are you going to use cards as weapons, 'specially if you don't know how to properly throw a card? She's a gambling sorts, but she likes to play cards, for keeps or for bragging rights.

I need to edit anything, let me know.