Fallout New York (dunruffle & margeree)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nils copied margaery and knelt down next to her, trying not to notice the blood dripping from the saw blade. "So...where do we go? How do you know if raiders are around?" He looked around warily, his paranoia starting to affect him as every sound and shadow made nils jump in anxiety.

"They could be anywhere," she started, creeping slowly along the building. "It's hard to say... the only thing you can do is keep your eyes and ears open..." The road ahead of them seemed deserted, nestled between the beginnings of New York. She made her way to the door of the pharmacy and opened the door as slowly as she could. Peeking inside and deciding it was safe, she waved for Nils to follow.

Inside the pharmacy was a single counter with an array of shelves behind it. They could see as light tried desperately to peer through the grimy windows. A couple of chairs littered the floor, one in perfect condition, the other broken into pieces. Trash was everywhere, as per usual in the post-apocalyptic world around them, but Margaery saw something on the shelves that peeked her interest. Beside a stimpack was a bottle labeled Buffout. She had seen this stuff all over as it was used once upon a time to stimulate the US military. She had never tried it though, sticking to the good ol' effect of stims. Drugs like this were invaluable in the wastes because everyone would rather be high than sober, so she hopped over the counter and grabbed it.

"Ever try this stuff?" She asked, showing Nils the bottle. "Apparently it makes you strong like a super-mutant."

Nils followed margaery inside and looked around, fascinated by their surroundings. Even if everything was falling apart. Nils looked over at the bottle and took it, turning it around and examining the label. "I think i read about this back in the vault, its called a steroid or something. While it makes you stronger it also makes you more prone to anger and stuff. I dont really feel like using any. Do you think we could trade it or something?"

"Oh absolutely! That's what makes that stuff valuable. There are so many people who takes drugs just to get away from this place." Margaery shuffled through the trash on the floor, looking for anything with potential value. "You can trade a bottle of these for anything, it's just like money." Some round bits caught her eye on the floor, and to her delight, she picked up eight bottlecaps. She put four in the drawstring bag she kept in her boot and the others she handed to Nils. "We found money!"

Unfortunately that was all they could use in the pharmacy. It was very clear this place had been cleaned out a long time ago, so she took the stimpack and looked over at Nils. "I don't think there's anything else here." She shrugged, hopping back over the counter and peering out the grimy window. At first, she only looked, her face calm. Then a sudden terror seized her as she beckoned for Nils to come over. "Look," she whispered, pointing into the empty street. Though it was no longer empty. There were three men standing across the street, huddled in a group. One of them nodded, and another pulled out a weird looking object. He did something with it, and then suddenly he vanished into thin air. Margaery looked over at Nils, knowing exactly what just happened. "They have stealth boys," she whispered. "Do you think they were with that... guy?"

Nils took the caps and looked at them curiously, "so you use these as money? Interesting." He pocketed the caps and followed margaery over to the window. Watching carefully, Nils gasped when the raider vanished. "where did he go?!" Nils whispered as he looked around. "i dont know if they were with that other man....i mean it looks like they are waiting for someone...but I am not sure...what do we do? I dont even know how to shoot straight and I was just lucky with my saw last time.."

Status
Not open for further replies.