Fallout: New Vegas

Delnoir

A Relic of a Bygone Era
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
You're welcome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epFupigyIN8"]YouTube- Fallout New Vegas Debut Trailer [HD][/ame]

Here's hopin' it'll have a decent main storyline... unlike Fallout 3

Eh, I wasn't so big on the main story in Fallout 3. It was all about gameplay for me.

Something to note is that Bethesda isn't doing this one. Fallout New Vegas will be done by the boys down at Obsidian. I don't know too terribly much about them except that they did KotoR 2.

I also couldn't help but notice there was a flag for California behind our trenchcoated figure. Looks like we'll get to see what's been going down in California since the Enclave was defeated in Fallout 2.

I don't know too terribly much about them except that they did KotoR 2.

Expect a good story that falls apart at the end because they ran out of development time. Lookin' at you, everything Obsidian has ever done.

I'm siding with Gibs on this from my experience on how this game will end up... still lookin' to play though!

Oh and why not. Fallout has always been a blast to play. Doesn't matter if you're shooting rats outside of Vault 13, or blowing a Super Mutant's head into three pieces and watching them splatter on the side of the remains of the Washington Monument.

Female...Super Mutant...

I doubt it. When a human turns into a super mutant they lose their sexual traits. But that screenshot is FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Hardcore mode sounds cool.

California Republic vs. Caesar's Legion vs. New Vegas residents? The namesake would suggest New Vegas are the good guys, but could it be that maybe the NCR has gotten out of hand? And who's this Caesar's Legion?

caesar's legion sound like organized Raiders from what a friend me.

Caesar's Legion? From what I've read of material concerning the supposed-to-be-released Van Buren, those guys are a Slaver organization who use automobile parts to make chariots.

Hmm...Comes out in the fall...I might just be able to save up enough to get it by then.

So Caesar's Legion was originally something planned for Van Buren? Interesting.

And Gibs, sometime after that little debate about Fawkes' gender Fallout 3's lead designer Emil Pagliarulo confirmed "No, Fawkes was absolutely a male. This was a mistake. Wes gave an interview and he was mistaken. Trust me, Fawkes is and was male."

The Enclave were also to return in Van Buren.

Hell, they may as well be in New Vegas.

Speaking of the Enclave, I wonder what kind of presence the Brotherhood of Steel is going to have in New Vegas. I'm only used to the East Coast Brotherhood and I know the two are drastically different. I know one major difference is in how they deal with new recruits. The east coast BoS flatly, but at least somewhat politely, say no. The west coast BoS on the other hand tell you to go fuck yourself and if you persist they send you on suicide missions.

http://www.duckandcover.cx/#10002

Well... reviving a two week old topic with some info I stumbled across.

Looking more and more like Fallout 3.5. Though having some ability to control companions is nice, if on the down side it could make modding in new companions perhaps a slight pain.