Status
Not open for further replies.
@Grothnor; fantastic, I will get on that

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Frank Fields a.k.a Lone Atom[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 29[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Species: Synth all though he doesn’t identify with this, he identifies with being Human[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Most people have rarely seen the man behind the green mask. He walks into town with a dirty trench coat and a green gas mask. You stare at him for a moment, but he simply ducks into a shady bar. He probably has some kind of shady business to conduct as well. He stands at 5’6” and has a backpack slung to his back. His sniper rifle is all patched up in mix and match pieces, though it seemed to be something he trust at his side. He says nothing, only sits in the corner of the bar. And you wonder why he is here.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The man behind the mask is a gruff blond, with gaunt, narrow features, and pale skin. He looks indistinguishable too a human, and he likes to keep it that way. His eyes are hazel, and he doesn’t smile, though he doesn’t look sad either. More contemplative than anything else. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
mkubfd.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]
33feqo9.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
taro1w.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]S.P.E.C.I.A.L.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Strength - 4[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Perception - 8[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Endurance - 5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Charisma - 4[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Intelligence - 9[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Agility - 8[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luck - 2[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Navigation; Frank is extremely skilled at navigating his environment, it’s a key feature to his survivability. He learns to navigate and chart where he is at, and is able to create an extensive network of the places he has been and hasn’t been. It’s also useful to understand the blueprints of buildings. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Predetermined Danger; despite him not needing to sleep or eat he still can get shot and repairing himself is a nightmare. So, he has found a unique way of surviving in his environment. This is in determining the percentage of danger in a certain area. He has marked down on his maps in red the highest points of danger and won’t set out in those areas.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]V.A.T.S. Upgrade; Because of his high knowledge of computers and technically his background, he has modified an ability for his own interface to use V.A.T.S. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Perks:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sniper; Increases control and allows you to breathe longer when aiming with scopes. Higher Ranks give non-automatic scoped rifles a chance to knock down your target and increased accuracy in head shots using V.A.T.S.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Night Person; Increases Intelligence and Perception during the night. Higher rank gives night vision when sneaking.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Locksmith; Allows you to pick more advanced locks. Higher ranks increase the difficulty of locks you can pick and make your bobby pins unbreakable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hacker; Allows you to hack terminals. Higher ranks make it so you never get locked out of a terminal due to a mistake and allow you to hack harder terminals.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sneak; You become harder to detect while sneaking. Higher ranks allow you to no longer trigger traps or mines and running no longer adversely affects stealth.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He doesn’t hate his origins, not in fact. He dearly respects his origins, except that he never had freedom. Till someone in his history freed him from the clutches that controlled him. No longer simply a killing machine used for reconnaissance. He is free to explore as he pleases.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He’s curious, and likes adventure. He likes to explore, and likes to find and discover new places. He’s not all doom and gloom because he doesn’t understand why someone needs to be doom and gloom. Despite his unnerving, unfriendly looks, he’s actually really tender and compassionate.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He values life. More so than other people. Except that he also wants to survive till he can no longer run. He wonders when his lifespan is and when it will end, but too the point that it bogs him down. He’s not weighed down by dark thoughts because he chooses not to be weighed down by them. He’s smart, clearly, with plentiful amounts of science and technological knowledge. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He’s always interested in finding or discovering new things. He wants to experience everything new to him. He views himself as human. He looks human. Behaves and feels human, so there’s no reason to bring up or consider his synth biology unless it’s something noted or mentioned. When traveling with people or when he’s around people, he drinks and eats just so they don’t get suspicious. He doesn’t need to, but does it just because.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He’s got a liking to fancy lad snacks, he doesn’t know really why. It might be the horribly stale, texture or the flavor of some dusty mothball that got him interested in them. And he also finds that he enjoys a game of Blast Radius and owns a copy with all the pieces. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He dislikes feral ghouls, he thinks they are slobbery, and he finds super mutants amusing. Which probably get his arm ripped off. He has no desire to die any time soon and wants to find all the places he can.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He’s not really certain of his origins, his memories didn’t get wiped, not in the same way you’d think. It was more like an accidental short circuit from someone important to him. That when he woke up, he found himself freed from the control of the Institute. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He’s only been really in the world for about a year and a half. So he has this semi quasi, newbie stumbling around at times. Though he did make himself a makeshift hut that is his safe base, that’s where people assume he sleeps. Honestly though he really doesn’t need it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Most of the time, he earns caps by doing jobs for people, under the guise Lone Atom. Because it made sense and he liked the way it sounded. It pleased him, so he stuck with it. No one really knows his real name. Heck for a while he didn’t think he needed a real name, when the thought dawned on him. He needs a real name. What happens when someone discovers him without the mask? It defeat the purpose of a secret identity.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He honestly wants to join the Merc job to discover new places. Meet new people. And get caps. Aren’t those all three reasonable request?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapons: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent].50 Caliber Sniper Rifle he nicknamed Circuit Jumper[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Shock Baton for close encounters which he also nicknamed Jitter Shaker [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Armor:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He essentially wears the equivalent of a Field Scribe outfit, except more like the picture. With a trench coat. Gas mask, a backpack. A shirt and a scarf and hood. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Miscellaneous Equipment:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A key of unknown origins, given to him by the person who freed him, they told him they couldn’t stay long and that they were sorry for leaving him out in the Wasteland like this. But when he found it, he’d know one day where this key’s origins were. There’s a treasure he’s looking for.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]So in spirit of using music to create an odd juxtaposition like the original Fallout 3 trailer, I am doing the same. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ythania
@Clyde So your character has used his synth components to be able to use VATS without a Pip-Boy? Ok. Approved.

Also @LoveandHate91 Approved as well.

I'll be getting on my CS soon.

@Grothnor; yes sir. I didn't see that it would be impossible. I did a ton of research.

WOOHOOOO ACCEPTION

Well, this looks incredibly interesting! I'm thinking of bringing my Fo4 character, Scout, into the mix. I'll just have to tweak her story a little bit to make it fit...can she still be a vault dweller? That's the only thing I want to keep.

Edit: Well, an ex vault dweller. Obviously Sten wouldn't hire some greenhorn fresh out of whichever vault is closest.

I'm not the Gm but I believe he said characters from all walks of life were ok.

I'm not the Gm but I believe he said characters from all walks of life were ok.
Thank you for the quick response! It did seem like it, but I wasn't too certain. I'll wait on him before I make a CS and, in the meantime, I'll see if I can scrounge up some screenshots.

Thank you for the quick response! It did seem like it, but I wasn't too certain. I'll wait on him before I make a CS and, in the meantime, I'll see if I can scrounge up some screenshots.

I got a Synth. I mean that's pretty clear and the GM has a Ghoul. I mean those speak for themselves I think

Super excited for this. So far a ghoul, a human, a synth that everyone thinks is human, and a vault dweller walk into a merc company lol

Well it's not that Frank thinks he is human, he wants to live as a human

Name: Scout
Gender/Species: Human

Appearance:
Scout stands at around 6ft with small breasts, broad shoulders and a very muscular frame. She sports a crop of red hair, shaved and flipped to one side. A scar gouges through her face from her forehead, down to her left eyebrow, missing the eye due to her eyesocket and ending near the corner of her lips. Her eyes are bright green and usually a little bloodshot. She has faint frown-lines and a small nose. She's festooned in makeshift, almost 'raider'ish armour - pieces of metal strapped to her body in all sorts of places, and doubling up as her backpack with all sorts of bags and pouches crammed in spaces around it or tied to the pipes and nails jutting out.
SPECIAL Stats:
S:
P: 5
E: 10
C: 3
I: 4
A: 5
L: 3

Skills:
Scavenging: whilst most survivors are gifted in the art of finding supplies, Scout has a knack for finding what she needs and hoarding them. Eventually she'll find a use for everything; by the end of the day she has sold some of the less useful items and made a good store of caps.

First Aid: Scout revels in the irony. She has a firm grasp on the knowledge of medical care that she still cannot explain to this day, and it is perhaps this understanding of her body's limitations that has kept her on the very edge of living during her darker days. She's no surgeon, but she uses pre-war medical terms and knows how to treat an impressive array of wounds and illnesses.

Singing: Hey, everybody has a hobby. No-one could even begin to expect that this bulky apathetic scrap-store could produce such a beautiful sound from her mouth, but there you go. Notably, she sings when she's bored or in distress; proper performances can help to boost morale, and whilst she won't even humour the idea when semi-sober, an intoxicated Scout or a Scout hopped up on Jet can belt out a song or two to amuse the crowd.

Perks/Traits:
Strength: has gained a lot of muscle from lugging around her scavenging scrap and her metal armour, so when she throws a punch it's not something to laugh about. She's able to lift heavy objects and people, carry more items and cause some impressive damage in her melee attacks.

Endurance: A dangerous cocktail of bad luck, a lack of self-preservation instincts and inexperience have made Scout into a toughened veteran. She's able to withstand more blows and shrug off more wounds and her pain tolerance is high. Consequently, a forgotten injury can cause some serious problems later on.

Jet: It plays an integral part in her life and despite her addiction, her use of Jet does count as a perk. Her senses are heightened, her reactions are quicker and she's more agile in general since she's rarely completely sober. Just after taking a hit these benefits are amplified for a while, making her a dangerous foe in combat.

Apathetic: Unless she has a financial, social or moral obligation to look after the people she's around, Scout can be fairly insensitive towards the suffering of others. If she doesn't think solving the issues of some settlers is useful in her own progress then she'll usually abandon them. She doesn't go out of her way to be cruel or merciless.

Personality:
In one word, she could be summarised as "indifferent". Scout takes things in with a pinch of cynical humour and sarcasm to brighten up her day, but otherwise she wanders around with a numbness that can almost be felt; as if she couldn't care less about everything. She's a borderline nihilist; it's hardly depression, but simply a moral viewpoint that this new life is meaningless. This mindset is almost parasitic and feeds on her energy and enthusiasm. She doesn't hold her own survival in high regard, but her survival instinct kicks in when it's needed.

In her struggle against her numbness, Scout uses Jet and, unfortunately, has developed an addiction. When she takes a hit she becomes uncharacteristically upbeat and excited. Withdrawal is a gradual and painful process; she becomes fidgety and irritable at first, then she starts to shiver and she's attacked with headaches. After a week or so it becomes hard to focus, she breaks into cold sweats, she becomes more aggressive and depressed. All the while she becomes weaker, as if she was physically ill, and her mentality deteriorates as she slowly becomes less self-sufficient. It's unsurprising, therefore, that Scout hoards Jet whenever she can get a hold of it and refuses to part with any of it.

Under the chem usage and the disassociation lies another core aspect of Scout's personality, which sometimes surfaces through her nonchalance - often when she's high. It is best described as her humanity. She can be caring, incredibly understanding, sympathetic and loyal. Since she does not hold her own life and existence in high regard, it gives her more scope to look out for other people. Those who get to know her and become friends with her will find a valuable ally and a shoulder to cry on, but there's an absence of sexual drive and consequently her interest in romance is pretty much non-existent. At her core, Scout is a good-hearted person; but her mental instability and addiction make it difficult to express her empathy.

History:
Scout originated from Vault 646, where historical preservation played a dominant role in the society. It was therefore designed to replicate a pre-war neighbourhood, with fake gardens and the main source of entertainment being outdated TV shows and radio podcasts. A small task force of Scouts were chosen to ensure that supplies continued to last through the vault. The Scouts would be well-equipped and sent out into the wasteland to retrieve food and water, gaining freedom at the price of complete isolation from the rest of the vault dwellers in order to maintain the illusion of pre-war life and avoid any external information ruining the experiment.

Scout grew up in the vault, and lived - for the first 20 or so years - in peace. Enamoured with her husband Kyle Reddison, she lived in a suburban house, with a conservative and typical American lifestyle. When raiders tore through the vault after tracking down the Scouts to their hideout, brutally murdered her husband and torched the building, something snapped.

It took Scout a while to remember these events, the trauma causing severe memory repression and denial to cloud her past. Scout instinctively took on the one word that was ingrained into her psyche as her name; unaware of it at the time, she believed the Scouts were the root of fault 646's downfall. After leaving the vault she scraped out some form of survival but kept largely to herself, acting as any vault dweller would - stupidly and without any modicum of skill, somehow managing to live long enough through sheer grit and random pieces of good luck to learn the ropes. The more she found out, the less she wanted to keep going; but being one of the very few left from her vault, Scout felt a moral obligation to keep going and continue the vault experiment - preserving history.

Weapons and Armor:
'Raider' armour.
Multi-purpose stabber.
Pipe bolt action pistol.
Simple underclothes.
Welding goggles and a length of cloth which doubles up as a keffiyeh.

Miscellaneous Equipment:
- At least 3 Jet inhalers.
- Two wedding bands, one for each hand.
- Pip Boy. It's old, though, and one of the only things that works is the radio.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that's the most I can do at the moment. I'm having difficulty putting my ideas into words, so I'm sorry if it doesn't read properly.

@Ythania; if you need someone to brainstorm with. I more than willingly offer my services

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
@Ythania; if you need someone to brainstorm with. I more than willingly offer my services
Thanks for the offer, but I'm using a character I already know; I just need to get past the writer's block to put down her details.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm using a character I already know; I just need to get past the writer's block to put down her details.
:)

Well I tried to help

@Ythania Looking good so far. Just add some Skills and perks and you're good to go.

I'm thinking we could start by Wednesday-ish, depending on any further interest expressed.

This RP looks great; if interest is an issue then I'm sure a simple ad would bring in more than enough people. Have you tagged the others from the interest check, @Grothnor ? Some of them might not even know the OOC is up yet.

@Redsun_Criminal; you know you love me and besides, you can totes be a creeper

edit-

it be kind of cool to work our two characters together maybe in fact

Status
Not open for further replies.