Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it looked like it from what you told us; first a wrist injury and now this? Honestly, I hope things pick up for you soon.

Man, it looked like it from what you told us; first a wrist injury and now this? Honestly, I hope things pick up for you soon.

I do as well. My wrist is better, but I'm just like ugh can't sleep, anxiety, depression, anxiety about not sleeping so again no sleeping etc

Yeah, come on guys, get to posting. Just because I didn't set a deadline this cycle doesn't mean you don't have to post. :P

@Clyde Have you tried jogging? It helps with anxiety and if timed well (ie. before bed) can probably help you sleep. Also, good to see you again. :)

Reactions: Ythania
Yeah, come on guys, get to posting. Just because I didn't set a deadline this cycle doesn't mean you don't have to post. :P

@Clyde Have you tried jogging? It helps with anxiety and if timed well (ie. before bed) can probably help you sleep. Also, good to see you again. :)

I go for walks, it does help. But I live in a crummy neighborhood, where there's a lot of nighttime violence and crime.

EDIT: Sorry if you read my previous message and it was super cranky. Just hard trying to be positive while my Medical Director growls at all of us over something we had no control over.

In short, I'm working on a post.
Sorry for not mentioning it sooner.
I've been trying to be active in my more active OOCs, and this one fell through the cracks... which is a shame because this is one of my favorite RPs.

In short: the hospital bureaucracy has decided if we don't get done with a project we've been working on for two years in two weeks they'll take away 50% of our workload and give it to another department and fire 50% of us. I had nothing to do with this project, but now I've been slapped on it and been working a lot.

So. I'm a little cranky.
But. I will spend my lunch break throwing a post out so I'm not holding the RP up anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt Hey, no worries. If posting is too much of a hassle, I can always just move things along.

My policy is that as long as you let me know you're too busy to post, I don't mind if you have to miss a post or twenty. ;P I just don't want to mistake inactivity for apathy/disinterest.

• Useful
Reactions: Ythania
Name: Swan Schmid
Gender/Species: Human
Appearance:
fallout_3___lone_wanderer_costume_by_fredprops-d7o2y3g.jpg
Swan stands slightly taller than the average male, at 5 feet and 11 inches. His hair was previously a lighter brown, but has now been almost permanently stained a deeper brown.
SPECIAL Stats: (You get 40 points to allocate in the 7 Stats on a scale of 1 to 10)
S: 5
P: 7
E: 5
C: 3
I: 10
A: 7
L: 3
Skills:
Combat "Doctor": Never let THE MAN bring you down with requirements of "P.H.D's" and "Safe Medical Practices" or "Sanitary Working Conditions". Swan knows how to reset dislocated bones, Make a crude splint for broken limbs, and how to pronounce someone dead. This also helps with knowing where to shoot, other than the common knowledge of "If you shoot it enough it will die eventually."
Sewing: Swan's father taught him many things, but one of the most important was how to sew and repair leather or leather-like materials. This can also loosely apply to medical treatment as well.
Chemist: Swan's mother was some sort of doctor that took housecalls to whomever needed help. And was a secret chem dealer whenever extra money was needed. She crafted these mostly from hand, buying whatever was rare out in the wastes. This skill was taught to him and easily come to him.

Perks/Traits:
Pitcher: Picking up the old sport of baseball early on in his life, Swan's arm became very good at tossing cylindrical objects like grenades.
Lead Belly: After testing
many chems, most being infused with radiation, Swan constantly has slight radiation poisoning, but radiation does not come as easily to him.
Quick Hands: Loading clips/rounds just seems natural to Swan and usually means a quicker reload.
Cannibal: After being force fed human flesh by bandits. Swan grown to the taste. He would still rather have a cooked meal of veggies, but if it came down to raw rabbit or raw human… You would know his choice.
Concentrated Fire: Swan does not have a problem with recoil as some others may. This being useful only to automatic weapons, and not weapons that would have any higher fire-rate over 10 a second.

Personality: - Sarcastic
- Pretentious
- Overly Sentimental
+ Cooperative
+ Generous
+ Honorable

History: Once upon a time, there was a settlement run by some guy. Most did not know about him, he used to come by often, but his visits became less and less frequent. Eventually bandits and raiders broke into the camp, even with its heavy turrets and took many of the settlers. Swan was one of them, and was never rescued. The bandits tortured him and forced him to do horrid things for their enjoyment. When Swan was near the brink of death, and he was no longer fun for his holders, they let him go to die slowly on the road. Swan eventually found a stray stim-pak and that helped him just enough to scavenge and sell to get better medical attention. Soon after Swan got a deal with a local business-man at a train station to become the local doctor for his business. Little was told to him as Swan later found out that it was tending to any of the erotic dancers in an underground Burlesque bar that were somehow hurt, and also repairing the few that crossed Scout. Swan still did the job, as caps were caps. But only six months later, the owner and ringleader of the establishment was...confronted, by bandits and raiders. Scout, the other staff, and Swan himself split, letting the boss deal with the problem himself. He never did see Scout again. Secretly he missed her as she was at least the most grateful for making sure she kept her job, and the rare times that she got hurt herself.
Weapons and Armor:
Capture.PNG(Shoulder View) Capture2.PNG (Side View)
Capture3.PNG (Side view) Capture4.PNG (Shoulder view)
Miscellaneous Equipment: Mini-Chem Set (2 beakers, 4 test tubes, 5 clean syringes, one rubber tube) This is all in a padded leather bag he ties around his waist.
Voice: Guy with the mug

Please tell me if anything is out of order, or needs a nerf/buff!

Last edited by a moderator:
^Holy font Batman, can you make the font any bigger?

Reactions: Grothnor
Whoops! I copied this from a google doc and forgot to change the font.

I'm sorry it was just.....I needed to make a joke about it

Theeeere he is, our little crazy cannibal chemdealer. I wondered when Swan would be gracing us with his presence!

Theeeere he is, our little crazy cannibal chemdealer. I wondered when Swan would be gracing us with his presence!
It only took a week. And some final tweaks (HEH) before I thought he was done.

@Crysodic Looks good. Accepted, though your History is written a little awkwardly; it took me a while to realize that Scout was a bouncer at the burlesque establishment (as opposed to anything else :P ). Also, not that it really matters, you only allocated 39 out of your 40 SPECIAL points.

@Crysodic Looks good. Accepted, though your History is written a little awkwardly; it took me a while to realize that Scout was a bouncer at the burlesque establishment (as opposed to anything else :P ). Also, not that it really matters, you only allocated 39 out of your 40 SPECIAL points.
Fixed the special points thing. But I don't think i'm going to fix the history, if that does not bother you. I'll post whenever it becomes nice to join.

Fixed the special points thing. But I don't think i'm going to fix the history, if that does not bother you. I'll post whenever it becomes nice to join.

You don't need to rewrite the history, but and I hope @Grothnor I don't come off as an asshole saying this,

Just make sure your IC post are readable and not as clumsy as the history

You don't need to rewrite the history, but and I hope @Grothnor I don't come off as an asshole saying this,

Just make sure your IC post are readable and not as clumsy as the history
Hurt. Just kidding. I hope I do too though. I'm not sure how "well" I write, compared to the others. But, if anything I can just easily have an outing of the rp if it becomes unbearable.

Hurt. Just kidding. I hope I do too though. I'm not sure how "well" I write, compared to the others. But, if anything I can just easily have an outing of the rp if it becomes unbearable.

It's fine, I am willing to look over your post before you post them and help edit them.

Alright. I've pulled my sorry carcass from work, and I'm going to work on my post.... before going back to work.

And nice to meet cha Crysodic.

Status
Not open for further replies.