Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going for the full set of elite riot gear myself, I was more suggesting a piece-meal version of it such as the chest plate, probably some of the accessories. I wasn't implying he wore that much armor, at most it would be just the vest because he avoids close in firefights if he can use long range, his specialty. It is the closest I have seen towards a true Ballistic vest. I don't expect to have the helmet or gear like that, I'm just trying to give a visual idea towards it.

I wasn't going for the full set of elite riot gear myself, I was more suggesting a piece-meal version of it such as the chest plate, probably some of the accessories. I wasn't implying he wore that much armor, at most it would be just the vest because he avoids close in firefights if he can use long range, his specialty. It is the closest I have seen towards a true Ballistic vest. I don't expect to have the helmet or gear like that, I'm just trying to give a visual idea towards it.
I understand that, but something like that is very advanced pre-war tech, so perhaps just give your character a ballistic vest that's similar but not quite so advanced

Fair. I was pondering Advanced or just standard. I mean Artyom went into the divide and it nearly killed him getting it. I think i might down grade to standard if elites OP.

Fair. I was pondering Advanced or just standard. I mean Artyom went into the divide and it nearly killed him getting it. I think i might down grade to standard if elites OP.
in game Elite Riot Gear is the best medium armor in the entire game, so it is a tad bit OP

Actually Gannons tesla family armor is the best medium armor with a DT of 26. I might drop to Advanced Riot gear as it's relatively easy to miss unless you're either looking for a hiding place or sniping position.

Actually Gannons tesla family armor is the best medium armor with a DT of 26. I might drop to Advanced Riot gear as it's relatively easy to miss unless you're either looking for a hiding place or sniping position.
Wait what, Gannons Tesla Armor should be heavy, its power armor, that sounds like a bug

As for your latter comment, I don't understand

Advanced Riot Gear is found in the Divide in a snipers nest. Of course thats a bit of a stretch but it'd be more easy to say it's more available than elite considering it could be found on any dead Veteran ranger in the Divide. Sorry i'm a bit of a lore nut.

Advanced Riot Gear is found in the Divide in a snipers nest. Of course thats a bit of a stretch but it'd be more easy to say it's more available than elite considering it could be found on any dead Veteran ranger in the Divide. Sorry i'm a bit of a lore nut.
I know, but what I don't understand, is your comment implied that's where your character could have found it, but that wouldn't make sense as I'm fairly certain the Courier would have gotten there first

Well i just go off lore. Advanced Riot Gear was basically the standard issue for Veteran Rangers in the Divide implying this is quite a while after the courier even lived and or died. Its more feasible that he found it or i could just go with the basic Riot Gear that you can find all over the Divide.

Well i just go off lore. Advanced Riot Gear was basically the standard issue for Veteran Rangers in the Divide implying this is quite a while after the courier even lived and or died. Its more feasible that he found it or i could just go with the basic Riot Gear that you can find all over the Divide.
Wait what, where did you find that lore?

Not entirely. Advanced and Regular Riot gear are more common. Elite is a personally customized suit so it'd be more realistic to have an Advanced Riot gear suit than an Elite. Of course the other fellow would be better off having an Armored Duster.

@Derp yup, you're good.

So, are we still in intos or can we just continue? Still not sure how we'll still interact or are we just freestyling?

I'm trting to make a map of the area to give everyone an idea of how the landscape looks and what places lie where

So, are we still in intos or can we just continue? Still not sure how we'll still interact or are we just freestyling?
I'd say you can continue, he's only working on area geography cause he threw me for a loop by describing features that I didn't know about, and I suggested that we have a map/geography and important areas put together so that everyone knows where everything is.

Reactions: Himilo
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.