Status
Not open for further replies.
"Going and looking around blindly won't help find him but maybe there's clues someplace around here." He said "Why not though. Might help me understand this place a little better and it couldn't hurt to line our pockets if there were any good tech inside of that place." He said cracking his knuckles before tailing after her. It seemed she didn't like to linger in one place to long though the corpse was probably a good reason though thankfully the mask protected him slightly though the stink was just considerably weakened by the filters. "He's more what i'd consider an uncle I guess." He said answering her question about what his relationship to the Ghoul he was looking for.

James raised an eyebrow behind his shades at the obscure question, "I carry one with me at all times inside my Pipboy Readius. But I think both of us know that is not the answer you were looking for." He grinned a little bit. "You are talking to a sniper who is trained to pick out the tiniest discrepancies in the environment or a person's behavior. And one of the biggest tell-tale signs is your partner's behavior towards the question." He sighed, "Although whatever your asking for, I don't need to know. Although I do believe we haven't introduced ourselves, I am James, many people call me 'Hawkeye' or as raiders like to call me, 'Silent Death.'" He suddenly stopped, "Over there, do you see what I see?" He motioned towards a figure in the distance holding a handgun to the back of the head to another man.

----Meanwhile----

Alex silently dragged the man through hidden passages out of the town, not wanting to cause a stir with what he was going to do with the man. Once they cleared the city enough, he spoke up, "So one of the more prominent members is working for the Legion?" He spit near the man as the man tried to wiggle away with no avail due to the rope binding his hands and legs. "YOU BASTARD, YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW! THE RANGERS WILL SAVE ME!" Alex silently knelt next to the man, "Who do you think hired me to kill you then?" He chuckled at the man before kicking him over and forcing him into a kneeling position. "I would make peace with your god now, cause you sure as hell will meet him." He chuckled as he pulled back the trigger, the gunshot silencing the man in his tracks. He looked down and rummaged through his pockets procuring his legion information as well as his identity and assorted equipment. He smiled retrieving his bag of caps, "I can drink to you tonight buddy with this sum." He turned and looked at the group watching him, "Well damn it."

@MarineSgt12

Eliza narrowed her eyes at him "Fair enough." she said plainly as they were about to reach the gates, she then looked at the direction he was pointing "Gabi." she called "On it." she replied as she drew out her sniper rifle, and took aim, she turned on her recon scope to see better in the dark. She looked through the scope "Ugh, one of those Vault 52 dwellers is extorting a citizen of Madison county, these guys never quit. Basically since they have a nearly endless supply of water." she said as she aimed for the vault dweller's head "I got a clean shot." she said and breathed in, she held her breath then took the shot. It was as loud as thunder. The vault dweller holding the gun fell to the ground with his head practically disintegrated, Gabi smiled and holstered her rilfe back onto her backpack. She then knocked on the gate "Welcome to Madison county." she said as the gates began to move apart to let the group in. The settlement was like city, there were people everywhere, guards patrolling round the clock and a few houses were used as businesses or homes. Gabi walked in and led the others inside as well.

@Outlaw-SSS

James silently watched her and when she brought her rifle onto target he instinctively raised his binoculars and proceeded to watch. "Good shot." He chuckled to himself, "Remind me to not get on your bad side. Although next time, we should have a contest, see who is better. Me with this old fashion rifle or you with your heavy hunting style rifle." He smiled. As the gates opened, he looked around in a sort of awe and amusement at the same time. "It would be a shame if this place became the next Jericho, or Hoover Dam, or at this rate, most of the Eastern Seaboard." He looked over at the two rangers, "Sorry, didn't mean to offend but from what I have seen and what you just said about that dweller reminded me of that old story." He sighed, "Well, I should try and find a place to stay for the night and then find your HQ to see if they could use a sniper like me."

@MarineSgt12 sorry for taking so long, I was gming another rp)

"You can sleep at the Lone Star Inn, it's next to Douglas Arm's." Gabi said pointing at two houses with signs about them, with what she just said. She yawned and headed for the Inn as well "Sleepy already?" Eliza asked "Yeah, Aren't you?" Gabi asked "Ok fine I could snooze for a bit." Eliza said and the two girls decided to lead James to the Lone star inn. They walked in and saw several people sitting around and drinking, or playing poker or flirting with some of the working girls there. Gabi took out some caps and placed them on the bar table "I need a room for the night." She said, the bartender took the caps and handed her a key "Room 6." he said plainly and watched as she walked up the stairs. Eliza set down some caps as well "I' with her." she aid. The Bartender nodded and watched as Eliza followed her sister.

@Outlaw-SSS, Its fine.

James watched the two of them go up before turning his attention to the bar. He laid down several caps and drank several glasses of whiskey before deciding it was enough. He sighed and paid the Inn keeper the caps for the night and head off to his room. During the night, he disassembled his gear and checked it all. When everything was in working order, he set off till sleep until the next morning around 5:30.

(Time skip?)

@MarineSgt12 ok, and idk if the others will come back, so ok time skip)

It was 8:35 and Gaby was sound asleep, snuggled up with her sister in their bed, Eliza however did not like this since Gabby snored like a deathclaw with tuberculosis and her heaving breasts suffocated her most of the time. And she was a really tight hugger with the grip of a radviper. But as always Eliza managed to break free and take in a few naps here and there to get her full rest. She sighed and began to get dressed, she looked at her younger sister and sighed. She started to shake her awake "Gabby, you got that ranger to take to your boss." she said shaking her rough "Get your fat ass, out of bed." She said yanking the blanket off making Gabby roll of the bed and hit the floor. She groaned and started to get up "I'm up." she groaned and rubbed her head as she climbed back on the bed. She yawned and stretched, she slowly went over to the couch and got dressed, she put on her vault suit and boots, as well as her gloves. She let her room slowly zipping it up and kept peaking into other rooms to see if the ranger was there. She could not find him anywhere. She became a bit worried and frantically ran up and down both floors of the Inn trying to find him "Mr. ranger?" she asked around.

@Outlaw-SSS , I understand

James had gotten up early around 5:30 in the morning. He reset most of his gear as he go up and double checked the status of his equipment and how it was holding up. He spent an hour cleaning the firearms he was carrying with him as well as spending time recounting rounds and looking at old world round designs for some ideas. When 7AM rolled around, he placed all his gear on and went on a morning workout jog and exercise as well as exploring venture to see the town. He encountered several folks looking at him weirdly but he found the somewhat empty streets an odd but calm sight. He would return around 8:25 to check on the two people whom he had been following. He would walk behind Gaby after watching her scurry around looking for him. He tapped her on the shoulder and whispered a sentence, "Boo. Should watch your back more often, how most snipers bite the dust." He stepped back almost immediately and braced himself for either her fist or some other object that would most likely come for him as a natural human response.

@MarineSgt12

Gaby looked around worried as she looked for him, she had one job and she screwed it up. She squealed and jumped when her shoulder was tapped, she turned to look at him "Yeah, I know that." she said a bit embarrassed then shook her head "Wait, where were you? I tried looking for you in your room but you weren't there. I need you take you to my superiors. And the Mayor." She said and slowly walked over to the door, she looked back to see if he was going the follow.

The sun was out and bright, it shined through a few holes in the curtains. John groaned as he started to wake up. He looked around and saw empty beer bottles and a girl draped over him on the bed. He slowly and carefully moved her off of him and sat up. He took a deep breath and sighed "Time to get to work." he said and groaned, slowly getting up. He quietly got dressed and strapped on his armor and weapons. He yawned as he walked out of the room, he bumped into a red headed girl,(Eliza) he was about to say something but when he recognized her he quickly began to walk away hoping she didn't recognize him. Eliza looked confused and shrugged, she went downstairs to get food. John kept walking around the main floor of the bar and left through the back door. He looked around, the hot sun bathing everything around it in blinding light as any other day. He sniffed the air "Oh thank god, it's gonna rain soon." he said relieved and walked towards the mayor's office.

@Outlaw-SSS

James looked over at her as she left then followed next to her, toting the heavy equipment he always had with him. "I went for a run and exploration time earlier this morning. Around an hour and a half I would say." He looked around as they walked, "So who first? The mayor or the commanders?" He coughs a bit then looks up after sniffing air. "Storm's a brewing, not a nice relieving storm, something more fierce. Glad I am in a city to bear it." He looked back at her, "Well time to get a move on."

@MarineSgt12 wanna bring up your spy to be in the Mayor's office?)

"Mayor's office, the commander is busy with paperwork, he likes to get it done in the morning so he can have the rest of the day off." Gabi told him as she led him down the street. Several people were setting up their shops, preparing for the day "Guns and modifications, get yer guns and modifications, You, there. Yes you in the NCR armor. Wanna upgrade? I sell ammo too if you're interested." Desperate to make a sale a local merchant operation his business from a bay window on his home called out to James. Gabi blinked and looked at James "If you want you can take a look and I could bring the Mayor here." she offered.

John walked down the street in full gear and looked around, he put on his ballistic mask to help cover his face, also he managed to glue on re-cut sunglass lenses on the eyes. He walked over to the store where the owner was calling out, he set down his WH-77 Behemoth on the table, it made a thud, lightly shaking all the other merchandise on the table "Give me 3 box magazines of 128 rounds of 5mm ammo for my gun." he said plainly and set down a small bag stuffed with caps. The owner nodded and went inside to gather what John ordered.

(@Outlaw-SSS , I'll figure something out later, if more people join, he can help introduce them

James glanced at the markets as they walked along. He spoke just loud enough for just her to hear, "I'm actually personally running low on caps, I got several bounties to turn in to the Rangers here but otherwise, I am sitting on enough for two weeks worth of living expenses in pure caps. In bounties, I have somewhere from 5 hundred to maybe a 1500 caps." He shrugged and followed behind her, watching the market for anything weird or outstanding. "People often wear ballistic masks and heavy armor inside the city?" He tilted his head back a bit towards the shop owner who called to him earlier. "Know what, none of my business, I must look heavily geared to the average person as well."

(@MarineSgt12 alright then, also know anyone who might wanna join? I'm contacting some old friends from my past rp sites, a few agreed but others still haven't responded)

Gabi listened to him and watched the man set down his massive machine gun "Someone likes overkill." she said then looked at James "Ok, well let's go to the mayor's office, just don't freak out when you see him." she said leading him to a 3 story house close to the center of the city "He's a Ghoul." she decided to tell him know than later, Hancock was a pretty decent mayor, tough but fair, meaning if you try pulling any raider like shit withing the walls you were bound to get stabbed repeatedly in public and have your corpse left in the middle of the street as an example. And fair as in he mostly just kills raiders, loots their corpses, then puts everything in a box and has people pick out what they want from in. The house had a texas ranger flag pole and another with the texas bos flag. She saw two paladins in T-60 power armor, the armor was painted black and orange, these guys were part of the recon team.

Gabi walked past them leading james into the house, she looked around the living room and saw his assistant at her desk doing her nails "The mayor is busy with a guest hun, y'all gon have to wait." she said "How long?" Gabi asked as she sat on a couch "Not long, they're almost done." the assistant responded.

(also sorry for being late, i had to do some major redecorating in my house, barely left me with enough time, but i'm done)

(@Outlaw-SSS , Sadly, I came here because my last few sites died out and this is my first one on here, also no issue with your timing, stuff happens)

As they walked towards the house, he watched the two heavily armored men and mumbled something under his breath before proceeding to follow them. "T-60s, great workhorses until you come up against anti-material rifles that turn those things into a bloody mess, burn the inhabitant alive, or make the suit full of gore. Well good thing, its hard to procure an anti-material rifle, and then the round that can do that is even rarer." He silently thumbed a round out of his pouch. "I would rather stay a distance then be up close more power to the guards." He looked over at Gabi for a second, "No I haven't shot at the BOS, I heard stories as well as watched a team get shredded by a raider band with heavy weaponry."

After they said it would be a bit, he went and sat down. He removed his shemagh, sunglasses and hat to reveal deep green eyes and a brown nicely trimmed beard and short haircut. "The mayor is a ghoul?" He seems a little shocked at this statement. "Well that is no issue to me, some of the most wise and smartest people I know were ghouls." He looked around the room and produced a cigarette which he placed in his mouth but didn't light, "I'm just surprised a town elected him leader, its rare for ghouls to get any sort of power, sad truth." He looked over at Gabi and jokingly said, "Well you definitely look different without the filters of these glasses" He looked back forward and thumbed a round in his right hand with a green over white painted tip. "So tell me about yourself, I talked so much but never asked you your story, and don't play the 'I don't have a story, I lived a simple life' trick, we both know that is false."

Last edited:
(@MarineSgt12 same, also my old rp group broke up and i was left wandering the internet alone for a good rp site :( and ok, thanks)

"Well Hancock makes sure everyone is treated equally, also this city is pretty self sustaining. He sometimes goes out exploring on his own but he always comes back." Gabi said then blushed a bit when he said that, she crossed her arms to cover her chest instinctively "Thanks.." she said shyly. She then chuckled and rolled her eyes "Well I'm a vault dweller, me and my sister are from Vault 52. Once I was old enough to explore the overseer sent me out with some guys to explore the wasteland, however one time they made clear their intentions to woo me, or so they said, I said now so their advances became a bit more forceful. Luck was on my side since my current superiors Anthony Garvey and Racheal Simms were out patrolling, saw what was about to become of me, and saved me. I decided to joined the Rangers ever since, they saw I had a real knack for handling a sniper rifle. So they let me join, took me a while to work my way up to my rank but it was worth it." Gabi explained, she then leaned back on the couch and checked her pip-pad's clock, she put in a red menace holotape and started to play a game while waited, if it wasn't for holotapes in some comics she would be bored as hell waiting. However this distracts her a lot.

The radio was playing in the background, the assistant turned up the volume "Oh god i love this song." she said and started to hum along to the tune, the door to hancock's office opened, a supermutant in BOS armor stepped out "Well thank you for letting me and my men stay and resupply." He said as he held the door open "No problem, had a buddy in the east coast BOS once. He was a bit of a dick at first but he lightened up." Hancock replied, the supermutant rubbed the back of his head "Yeah, sorry about Paladin Danse." he replied, Hancock just nodded "Sergeant Carter is here to see you sir." the assistant said, as soon as her name was said, Gabi quickly put away her pip-pad and game "Sergeant Gabriella Carter, Texas Rangers." she stood up and saluted "Paladin Titan, Texas Brotherhood of Steel." Hancock grinned "At ease." he said jokingly, Titan chuckled "Well then, i won't take much more of your time. I need a drink." he said and left the lobby "Men! Resupply and rest! We have a big day tomorrow!" he ordered once outside. Hancock then turned and looked at Gabi "So, sergeant, what's this about?" he asked "I brought over an NCR ranger." she said, he looked at James "Just one? It'll have to do." he said and walked over "Mayor John Hancock, who might you be?" he introduced himself and asked.

( @Outlaw-SSS )
As Gabi turned back to her game, he looked back forward and rolled the round in his hand before removing a small book and reading through it. It had a small cross on the front as well as a small bullet hole near the top right corner. As the receptionist turned up the song he looked up, "I don't hear music much anymore, usually out of signal range or just need to be silent."
He got up as the super mutant came in. "Don't see that everyday, guess your situation down here is really bad if the BOS is actually recruiting, and non-humans at that," He mumbled silently. He looked at the Paladin and said, "Forgive my rudeness, just thinking out loud. Nothing against you or your race or kind just unusual times we live in" just in case he heard what he said under his breath.
As the Mayor walked over, he looked a little shocked. As Hancock introduced himself, he snapped back as he put out his hand for a handshake. "I'm James Anderson, most people call me Hawkeye, some raiders call me Silent Death." He looked at him, "Sorry for my shock, just never thought I would meet someone as famous as you, sadly I wish I had my book to autograph but it got several bullet holes in it." He chuckled, "Although a drink might be just as good." He smiled, "I must admit, you had a hell of a journey but you seem to have turned it around for yourself. And your Rangers seem to be pretty damn good as well." He nodded his head towards Gabi, "Damn good shot she is, although there are things that could still be taught about sniping, anyways, what did you need a Ranger for, I might add I am technically considered KIA, or off the books for any work so there will be no linking to the NCR if something happens, I'm sure you understand. Don't want to start a war with the institute just yet if the NCR could help it."

I held the paper in my hand, I don't like this type of work but I need the caps. I'm suppose to find 3 vault dwellers, lucky bastards. They basically had everything handed to them, meanwhile I'm here surviving. Besides why would a vault dweller leave the vault anyway, seems kinda dumb, and suicidal. Anyway some punk wants these vault dwellers for some reason I don't know, and I don't care, he's offering a lot of caps for it, and I need those caps I'm almost out of ammo, and I got no food. I'm desperate at this point, Ha that's rare usually I'm 10 steps ahead now the wasteland finally caught up with me, but I garentee I'll be in the lead once I find the vault dwellers of course. Let's see I'm looking for a guy named jhon Walker, Eliza carter, and Gabriella carter. If their vault dwellers them that means they probably spent like half their time in the vault, so I estimate that they won't put up much of a fight, and so what if they do I have 40 years of wasteland experience. Alright so they were last seen at Madisonville Texas. That's two miles west from my current position, I'll probably have little to no trouble on the way there except maybe some radroaches and mirelurks, but nothing I can't handle. I better get going then, I have no time to waste at this point. Besides I'm sure Handcock will be happy to see me again it's has been a few years but I'm sure he'll remember me, I just hope he'll remember that he still owes me a few favors as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally arrived at Madison, I'm well known here. Mostly because everyone knows what I'm capable of. I was able to get in Madison with no trouble, because of my reputation. But I need those vault dwellers, with out I don't get paid. Although I doubt that raider boss even has caps, and he thinks he'll probably just kill me when I drop the vault dwellers off. Not a chance, if he lied about the caps then I'll bust a few caps in him. So I'll save some extra bullets just in case. Shit they could be anywhere by now, and that dumb bastard didn't even give me a picture to identify them, last time I do work for raiders, but what can I say I have no money, I'm desperate. But if there's anyone who might know where they are is Hancock. I'll just drop by and say I'm looking for these vault dwellers, cause I'm in a tough spot. I'm sure he'll understand besides he does owe me...a lot. I entered the mayors office to find the assistant humming to the raidio, not a bad song. I walked up to her desk. "Excuse me I would like to make an appointment with Hancock, and please hurry I'm in a bit of a rush today."

Last edited by a moderator:
(@MarineSgt12 @Skrimps sorry for late reply, been working on some things, mostly trying to get my laptop to work)

Hancock listened to him and sighed "Shit, we could have really used the extra snipers." he mumbled and shook his head "Well anyways pleasure to meet ya kid." he said "We could always use a helping hand, Institute has been quiet lately so no fear from them, however the legion and the khans are coming in from the north. The Rangers were getting a bit overwhelmed so the Brotherhood stepped in to help." he answered his question then sighed as he went to the liquor cabinet and poured himself a drink "And if that wasn't the tip of the iceberg, There's a vault near by, vault 50. Home to the largest and best water purifier within a 100 miles, however these guys have always been greedy. Raising the prices of their water shipments and pretty much trying to have their way in this city." he said and chugged down the tequila glass, yes he poured himself a glass of tequila rather than a shot.

He then turned to look at him Since water is rare and really important here, we pretty much have to put up with it, even going as far as lending these guys rangers for their jobs, which is bad for our rep." he said and saw an old friend Sykes. He whistled to get his attention "Right over here bud." he said and grinned, he went over and shook his hand "Nice to see you again, what brings you to my humble city?" he asked then motioned his hand to the liquor cabinet "Drink? Just got some sweet ass Tequila from a cartel shipment a few days ago, sure i got a whole crateful but... 20 out of those 50 bottles mysteriously disappeared." he said chuckling. Meanwhile Gabi stood there watching the exchanges go down.

Hancock caught my attention, I knew he knew I needed something, but was busy with NCR? What are they doing here. Those bastards tried to kill me because I asked to trade. I have no respect for the NCR, besides why would Hancock deal with those toy soldiers anyway. Their just a bunch of dumbass who think they hold order, if they did raiders wouldn't be killing people for not growing the right crop. I looked at Hancocks company, didn't look much just a girl, and a boy. Nothing really els, but I couldn't wait for them to finish, I had no time. I signaled my hand so that he could get the meeting over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.