Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy was able to drag the body a few feet away from the small camp as well lure the pest . "Disgusting." She insulted the corpse. Granted, she adored the taste but the smell over time, the pest offspring digging its way into the skin, the mold that forms on them. Teddy should've been use to all of this by now yet it still made her stomach turn. She returned back to the warmth of the fire, inching closer towards it than before, listening to the man strum his songs. Though it didn't show, she was smiling.

"I can hold my own." Teddy commented. "A town." She pointed towards the way she came. "Small but its guards protects it's folks. They're…an okay bunch. Bar, paid rooms, okay water and food." She hadn't bothered catch the name of the town, staying in one place for more than two days made her uncomfortable. She had the constant need to move and be on her feet, having the feeling of being caught or followed. "The whiskey isn't great but still..." Teddy let out a 'huff.'

"We might never meet again," she started. "but what you saw, came upon, you're gonna keep that discreet. Right, Artyom?" It was more of a stern command than a question.

When Teddy talked he listened to her and he nodded looking the direction she came before she brought up the matter of what he had found. He paused for a moment thinking it over "Well I'll tell you what...I need help. This isn't a threat given I'll pay you and I need someone I can have more trust in. You haven't convinced me of any reason to rat you out either and i kind of consider this a more...friendly way of meeting?" He said calmly but a little unsure on how to make a positive spin on this. He did acknowledge she was a cannibal but she was much more polite than most would have been at least with him.

"You don't need to agree and I certainly won't give you out to anyone if they're looking for you. I can promise you that." He said firmly not finding it very fair to wrong her after just meeting her. "Plus given you've been here longer than I have you kind of know more than I do about Texas. That is if you want given it's completely up to you." He said in a relaxed tone. He didn't mind traveling with another person finding it much better than being alone plus it helped give him some perspective to take into consideration. He felt at least knowing her secret made her more trustworthy or rather thats how he saw it.

Listening to his offer, she wasn't entirely sure. Teddy's eyes scanned the man once more, watching every movement he had made. She had heard plenty of sweet lies before, she had been blackmailed plenty of times before, and she hasn't trusted so many as easily before. Not to mention he was NCR, the good of the waste yet a touchy bunch. It was clear they she did believe in the slightest that he'd just walk away with her secret kept, even if it were true she wasn't going to take the risk.

Her eyebrows furrowed but she nodded, glaring eyes going back and forth between the fire and the man. "Okay, NCR," she reminded. "You will let me… have my meals, keep the innocent from harm, don't touch me," She sighed, naming her terms. "And toss in a hundred caps. Other than this, I could care less how you handle your business. Deal?"

(@MarineSgt12 it's ok)

Gabi listened to the man "One out of two ain't bad i suppose." she mumbled to herself with a sigh "Well first you're gonna be tested on several things, surviability, efficiency in hand to hand and ranged combat. Literacy, to see if you can read. Then your equipment will go through inspection to see if it's good enough, you'll also be given the opportunity to replace or upgrade it should you feel like it.. Then they'll have you volunteer in all 3 branches of the Rangers. The Recon Team, Law enforcement and Infantry. Your individual commanding officers in each branch will compare notes, take their reports about you the general, and the board. Then they'll decide where to put you in. There's also reserves, there is where you go if we have enough manpower on foot out there. Once enough people die or get injured you get moved to one of the other 3. Each branch works differently, the recon team is like the one in the brotherhood of steel but instead of looking for old technology to salvage and keep, we look for salvage and food. Law enforcement Rangers get sent to individual settlements to act as guards, depending on how large or populated the settlement it, will depend how many rangers we send their way. Infantry, is the one I'm in, that's the main army." Gabi explained as they kept walking, she looked at his rifle and grinned, she pointed at hers on her backpack, it was longer than his and lighter in weight "Meat Beowulf." she told him.

Last edited:
Artyom watched her think over the deal as he noticed her eyes would keep watching and shifting between him and the fire. He could feel she was making an assessment of him though he wasn't sure if it was a good or bad one. When she provided her terms he thought it over for a moment before he nodded and pulled out his caps tossing her the small bundle "I'll make it 150 and my only conditions are that we don't kill innocents and if your going to eat anyone eat the assholes that deserve it. I can easily rest assured they aren't going to be to missed by anyone." He said with a nod.

"So...do you have any places you've been intending to go or explore? At the moment the trail I've been tracking kind of went cold and the last place I stopped at was sacked by raiders." He said not bringing up the fate of the occupants. He held his guitar on his lap having stopped playing for the time being just wanting to work out a destination. "I don't know much about this place other than the only comparable place I've been able to think of is the Divide and thats a bit of a stretch since I've been there." He noted recalling how he almost got himself killed in that damned place.

Teddy quickly caught the pouch and shook it happily, a little childishly, before placing it in her pack. Finally, she scoots away from the fire to stretch a little, not entirely trusting the NCR but was able to be less tense enough to not have her hand on her weapon. "Alright." She quietly let out and nods, hoping that the people who deserved what they got took care of themselves nor were too many raiders, they barley ever bathed. Teddy almost let out a noise of disgust at the last time she actually had got sick and threw up every few hours.

"For starters," Teddy began, leaning back and keeping herself propped up. "you got those assholes from Ceaser's Legion up far north; we're currently in Republic of Texas and if we go east we'll come across Madisonville, big settlement just strict rules and their Texas Rangers…" she went on listing the known and less dangerous locations, a few less known settlements, raider camps, and a vault she came upon once. She briefly mentioned "The Barrier" yet the thought of wall bored her; Mustang City, showing her disgust and distrust when it came to the Brotherhood of Steel; next she then mentioned Atom's Retreat and it's religious folk: "I don't have much a problem with the Children of Atom… they can be nice but avoid the place if you don't want radiation poisoning."

Coming to conclude with Sin City; nothing but rapist, slavers, exiles. "The worst of the worst." She sighed at memories that were created there, it saddened both herself and the innocent people trapped in that hole. "It's… well. Let's avoid there unless we're well armored and have a good enough reason. You're the boss, so whenever or wherever you wanna head out: I'm ready."

He listened and nodded making a face at the mention of the Legion "Christ those fuckers are everywhere you don't want them to be...Well if you ever start getting that hunger I'll be more than happy to bag you a Legate...probably has more meat on their bones..."He murmured showing an obvious hatred for the Legion not unlike most NCR tied individuals. He noted she mentioned Madisonville and he seemed to recall that was his general direction for his search though that was just a guess at best. "And any places that are 'scary?' I mean like people acting like ghosts are there kind of scary." He asked knowing there were places like that everywhere and they tended to have loot locked away within them.

He replaced his guitar with his 1911 45. and took out a small cloth and opening it up as he started to disassemble and clean his weapon "Apart from that I guess thats what i needed to know...What we'd be looking for is a friend of mine. A ghoul to be exact. He went missing and I've managed to track him this far but other than that the trails gone cold..." He said seeming to take apart the pistol with ease. "For as long as we're working together I'll offer my services to you. I can fix just about anything and I can manufacture my own ammo. If you need any modifications done to your guns I can work those as well."

Last edited:
Alexander was silently sitting at a bar in Madison drinking away his recent paycheck, waiting for this man to come in and finally pick a fight. He was silently singing to himself, "Well were all wasted in this bar downtown." Suddenly the door swings open but he doesn't flinch, just continuing to drink. Suddenly two men walk up to him, one poking him in the shoulder with a knife, "Who teh heck are you? I will send you to HELL!" Alex silently continues to drink, "I have been drinking here for so long so just piss off." The man suddenly swung at Alex knocking him to the ground. On his way down, Alex kicked out his legs sending him down. The man tries to slash his gut but he was able to kicked it away. He then grabs his head and slams it into the bar with his left arm. He pulls his .45 and fire into the man above him and the other one at the door. He then gets up and looks down at the one on the ground, "By the way, the Rangers aren't going to save you this time...."

----Later----

"DAMN IT ALEX!", his newest commander screamed, "Do you know the mess you created downtown?" Alex shrugs, "The Rangers weren't going to get there in time anyways. Besides, for all they know, you guys arrested me and probably sentencing me to death." He smiles back at the man. "Oh and next time, make sure you match the bounties. I need the caps." The commander grew even more red and then sighed, "Just go. Secretary will give you your payments." As he left, he grabbed the money and set out to go drinking once more. They would find him when they needed him, maybe just maybe, he could piss off some Rangers coming in.

"Ghost? They aren't real." Teddy stated boldly. "But I did find this letter about an old hotel a little up north: Baker Hotel. People either never go back or never return apparently, not even raiders want to go to the place or even stay long enough." Despite her unenthusiastic tone, she was actually excited getting the chance to go, might be even more ugly pre-war valuables. She watches him as he disassembles his weapon, deciding to focus on his movements. "Silencers, pistols and snipers. Quiet and quick." She noted, never actually had someone offering to do a service for her but she wasn't quick to object.

"A lot of ghouls out here are either killed or missing, too ugly slaves most of the time." She could've easily accused the Brotherhood of Steel. "What was his name? Why look for him?" She yawned, noticing she had become more talkative the more sleepy she got.

"Might be something worth taking in there if people are so scared...I've never been one for such rumors and so far I've yet to see any ghosts in my time. If anything there's probably feral's in the place that can be easily cleared out. Plus given people go in and don't come out that means some free gear if we can take it." He said finishing his cleaning and reassembled his pistol wiping off any excess lubricant and solvent. He loaded and cocked the gun before putting it back in its holster. "Hmm maybe. I'll see what i can do." He said as settled next to the fire.

"My friends name is Pedro and...He's a family friend. I guess I"m looking for him cause I owe him at least that. Man taught me Spanish and how to find old trails..." He stated simply. He noticed her yawn and he smirked "You falling asleep? I can stand watch for the night if thats fine by you." He offered partly glad he had the sugary drink a short while ago. He pulled out his rifle from his back holster and cradled it in his arms.

"And he just… up and left?" Teddy blankly looked at him. "Ever thought he left for himself? Some people don't want to be found." She was never was great with her words, no matter how condescending she hadn't realized she sounded. Teddy would travels miles too if it had been her sister, yet this Pedro guy wasn't a sister. Teddy probably wouldn't even travel that far for caps. She simply shrugged, he paid for her services so regardless she was going to help him find Pedro.

"Are you sure?" Teddy questioned him taking watch. "You came a long way, shouldn't you take rest?" She leaned back further and sighed. "Nevermind." Grabbing her pack to use it as a pillow. "Don't let any feral dogs get us."

Droplets echoed in a pace of four heartbeats per drop. Bleep….Bleep The surrounding silence was a black contrast to the white-noise which filled the corridors minutes before hand. The dull but quick echo of silenced bullets allowed no warnings to reach the raiders. No man nor woman was ready for the carnage that awaited them inside. For a moment the blood stopped flowing and in that instance of total static the sound of a sheathed blade completed the scene. A single man in tested armor stepped through the halls of that abandoned military installation. Eyes narrowing in on the southern entrance.

On the external side of these double doors single woman and two men stood behind tall walls of sand bags. Hugging the ancient barrier while waiting for their contracted killer to return. Before the three of them would be able to hack into the ancient computer systems, Rorric was required to exterminate the current infestation. A boot slammed into the doors, flinging them open. The rupture shocked the trio but Rorric's smiling face settled their beating hearts.

Half an hour later the group had relocated to the heart of the base. In the server room, the three scientists worked in tandem to unlock the data on weapon and vehicle blueprints. "Yes, we did it!" The woman shouted with glee. Using a pip-boy, the woman connected her device to the super computer. The data downloaded into the device swiftly. A ping would alert all to the completion of their mission. "Thank you." She turned to Rorric while disconnecting her Pip-Boy. "With this data we can begin to build up our armory back home. Maybe even start to repair a few vehicles like the Brotherhood. A month of travel for a lifetime of security."

"Yes yes. All well and good. But now for my pay." The bleached-haired merc placed a hand out motioning for his due in caps. With a dismissive nod, one of the men turned away from the computer and placed a sack of five hundred caps in Rorric's hand. He was assured he'd get the other half when they returned to Shellshock City. "Pleasure doing business with you."

Pop Pop Slash

Several Days Later

Rorric found himself trampling through the Texas wilderness, a coat of blood covering his body. The severed head of a Ghoul grasped tightly in his fist. He stood in the dark, panting from anger. His Pip-Boy filled with blueprints, stolen. Blueprints which would make him a rich man, stolen. His patience, stolen. "Those motherfuckers are dead!" Rorric yelled at the top of his lungs in rage. The base of his voice being carried out for miles. There was a reason he was called Roar Rorric.

"Thats a bit cold to think but I doubt it. He made it clear he had his reasons to stay in NCR so I have reasons to assume that he was moved by force or he fled. Especially when he's got enemies waiting for him in other places..." He was a little surprised by her offer for him to rest but before he could refuse she stated 'Nevermind'. He acknowledged her request and put on his helmet flicking the night vision on and the red eye's glowing as they activated. "Consider it done..."He said getting up and watching the horizon for any animals or people who'd think them easy targets. He eventually did see a stray animal from time to time but nothing that took a concerning interest in them.

Teddy made note of his words before she began to drift off, making note to speak out too bluntly next time. Though she couldn't relate, she saw that he cared, not to mention he was her employer. She awoke not too long after, her eyes blinked open to a still dark sky, cold sweat planted on her. Internally groaned, tired of the reoccurring dreams and as badly as she wanted to get over it it still took a toll on her. She continued to lie for a moment and took a few quiet breaths before she stood and grabbed her weapon. "C'mon, Art…yom." She gestured him to lie down. "You've watched long enough." Despite not being long at all.

Teddy put on her lether jacket and began to wander around the small camp, making sure not to go to far off, the walk was just needed to take her mind off things. Kicking dirt, looking around at nothing, seeing a mother feral dog from afar, minding their business with a few pups following behind. "Aw." She let out.

Artyom was a little surprised after a short time she told him to rest though he wasn't one to argue with someone when they had a point. He was tired and this was more of a relief than anything at the moment. He took off his pack and used it as a pillow looking at the fire "Fair enough...and just call me Art or Arty..."He murmured as he took off his helmet and set it beside himself. He felt the warmth from the flames and the sounds of the wildlife around him aided him in resting. Not more than at least 5 minutes later he was out silently sleeping on his side. He kept his 10mm pistol close by just in case someone other than Teddy woke him up. He was a little curious where their adventure would take them thought there was only one way to find out.

James nodded along with what the ranger was saying. "Let me guess. .50 cal Sniper rifle? After my own heart, I carry the heavier version built for long distance shooting or destroying heavy equipment like power armor or vehicles. Worked well on death claws. Guessing though that you only use the normal rounds though..." He looked around once more, tracking his surroundings and looking for something out of place.

He sighed, "How far out this town anyways? I would love an actual place to lie down and not have to worry about getting shot mauled or god knows what in this Texan wasteland." He sighed, "Sorry for talking so much, haven't talked to another soul in an actual conversation for almost a year and half now." He sighs, "Looks like I won't be able to join the Rangers though, I can't fight hand to hand to save my life but I can hit a human target out to almost a click and half with this rifle." He smiled at the group once more.

Meanwhile,
Alexander silently sat in a bar drinking his most recent bounty away hoping that something eventful might happen so he can finally get out of the rut of basic jobs. He sighed, at least he is getting payed to put most of his talents to use recently. He looked around the bar and went back to his drink after seeing everyone was either avoiding him or ignoring him.

Teddy had decided to let Artyom sleep, occupied by kicking dirt, stared at the fire, watched the night turn to day. She got light chills from the cold, not able to prevent the desert cold from taking the fire and had to rely on her jacket to keep warmth. She hadn't bothered to wake her employer yet and began packing her things then looked to Artyom's pack. Having no doubt in her mind the valuables he could be packing.

'It'd be so so easy to just…' she walked over to him and sighed, rolling her eyes. Instead she tapped him with her foot. "Art...Art." Teddy scowled the man. "Day's up. You still up for traveling?"

Cecilio slept mostly quiet through the night not really doing much apart from moving and murmuring something every now and again. He mostly slept with ease though a moderate sleeper as he seemed to just wake up every few hours before he dosed back off. When she tapped him with her foot he sat ou and rubbed his eyes before he put on his helmet and pulled on his pack. "Mmmph...I'm up...I'm up.."He murmured tiredly as he looked to her as he stood and stretched "I'm game to explore a bit...The trail i have only leads to Texas and not any specific locations. Maybe if my friend came through here it might be anywhere here."

"Still up for your ghost at the hotel?" Teddy sniffed the air. Texas was a hot place to live in and she had already began to notice the faint scent of that corpse hours ago but never could get use to that smell. "Let's just go and quickly." Already beginning to walk before he answered. "Or should we skip ahead to your ghoul friend? He IS a priority. But if so..." She handed him the note of the Baker Hotel location.

Every once and a while she'd glance at his mask, other times she look at his gear, almost studying him. Not bothering to question any of it though. "He's like a brother?"

Gabi was about to say something but then noticed the other man had disappeared, she looked around trying to see where he might have wondered off too. She sighed then looked at the remaining man "Well we have several training buildings, if you're willing to learn." she said as spot lights shined on the sky "We're close." she said and pointed at the spot lights up in the sky. "Don't worry about it, It I like conversation, i normally only talk to my commanding officers but they're workaholics and don't mingle or hand out too much. And any other guy i try to talk to just stares at me." she said the last part blushing "So it's nice to talk to someone. And don't worry, we have houses to spare in Madison county." she said as they were reaching the gates. Eliza sighed as she kept walking down the road with them "Do you have a Geiger Counter?" she asked the man, it was the Railroad code phrase to check for agents "Why do you always ask that?" Gabi asked her sister "Just wondering." Eliza retorted "Out of everyone you ask only 3 people gave you an answer, the others just said 'wot' or "tha fuck is a geiger counter?' Seriously, why do you always ask any new person we meet that?" Gabi pressed for an answer, Eliza narrowed her eyes at her "Because you always eat cookies on my bed, so shut it." she responded to dodge the question. Gabi huffed and decided to give her the silent treatment.

J4-CK was in a small institute base close to an abandoned munitions factory, the synths led by him and Dr. Bellamy were trying to get any information from the building as well as materials for their nano-replicators "J4-CK, how do you like your new Mk VI combat armor?" The Dr asked "It's bulky, but effective." He responded in a monotone voice "Good, R&D wants you to test their new ballistic weapons. The one you will test for now will be this. The STG-60. It's a 5.56 assault rifle. Standard attachments and fully automatic receiver." he said, J4-CK grabbed the gun and inspected it "It's a fine weapon." he said "What is my assignment?" he asked. "Recover synth G1-N4. Intel suggests she might be hiding in an abandoned town near the communications tower we commandeered last week. Start your search from there." Dr. Bellamy said, J4-CK nodded and stood still "J4-CK awaiting relocation." he said and was teleported to the communication tower. He cocked his rifle and looked around. He saw an abandoned town and began to head towards it. The helmet's visor glowed a dim green, this was the suit's built in night vision.

@MarineSgt12 @MYTH*

Status
Not open for further replies.