Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
not picky
fallout__flag_of_the_texas_commonwealth_by_okiir-d8x47sx.png

Welcome To Texas
War. War never changes.

Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.

In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world - but war, war never changes.

In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters, known as vaults. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them.

8 decades have passed since the sole survivor emerged from vault 111 to rescue his son, during his travels he has made a bit of a mark on the commonwealth of Boston, Far Harbor and Nuka-World.

None of his choices, left as much of an impact, as when he took over the commonwealth. His son, the former director passed the torch to him on his deathbed. The sole survivor accepted and led the entirety of the institute, and the commonwealth into an era of change. For better, or worse.

You may now Post. I'll post later, got some things to catch up on.

OOC/Character Index

[Dead of Night]

Finally able to capture the son of a bitch, Teddy tackled the man to the ground. Took her almost an hour to catch him and the first thing he does is beg to not be killed. Teddy wasn't amused by him sweating like a brahmin and stammering over his words like a damn fool. He continued to squirm when Teddy took his jacket off (well hers now) and tied him up, dragged him near a rotting log, and started to build up a fire.

All that running made her tired not to mention she hadn't had a proper meal all day. "Lady, hey!" She stopped poking the fire and looked at him. "I-I-I got a big set of caps w-with your name on it if you let me go! And I'll even leave town, how 'bout that?"

"I don't like you." She bluntly stated going back to the fire, it was just about high enough.

"You and many others, miss. That's why I'll get right out of your hair if -"

"You kidnapped three girls and sold them off to slavers." She reminded him.

"B-but I've learned my lesson! I know not to do that stuff now! It was only a few caps to get by... What, uh, w-what you got there?" He questioned as she stood, small knife in hand and closed in on him. He cursed, scream, begged as he felt his own blood run down his neck.

"Stop crying." Teddy told him. "It's just your ear." She stepped away, her back facing him to tuck dirtied ear in her bag, can't go back without proof.

"Ma'am! I'm trying my best to be kind but your are tugging the wrong strings!" He winced dramatically, believing if he didn't test her patience he could get out if this alive. "If my ear is all you wanted, can we settle a deal now? Please? I got some friends who'd love to meet ya!"

Teddy stood up, an empty hand on her waist and her head tilted back when she let out an agitated groan. "Why is it that every time you talk, it's more and more of your bullshit?" He went quiet then, the silence and passing tumbleweeds making him more nervous. "It just makes this more satisfying." She turned back to him, he finally got a clear view of the bone saw in her other hand, immediately stuttering, begging Teddy not to kill him. "I'm not gonna kill you yet." She knelt down to position the saw at his leg, verbally making note of which part she wanted and didn't want.

"M-m-ma'am, you don't g-g-gotta do th-this." He begged, his mind leaving it to his imagination to see his blood soaked in the ground, his amputated leg. She was just about to make the cut til she pulled away, shaking her head.

"Nah,..." Teddy said, he sighed in relief. "I don't want that part." She yanked his arm and began cutting through the joint of his forearm, his blood splattering over the both of them as he struggled until he fainted.

Teddy sighed in relief as it finally got quiet and finally got the arm off, letting it roast over the fire. She sat and wiped off the blood that she could, she needed a new of clothes before going back to to town. Good thing she took that jacket, it was a black leather one, good to stay warm if, just slightly big for her.

She gutted her bounty and ate bits and pieces more before stomping the fire out and officially taking off to the nearest bar.

This was a really nice jacket.

"Texas...or what's left of it." Deckard stated to himself, he was what according to old pre-war maps said, on the border of the once grand 'Lone Star State' as it had been called, but as he stared through his binoculars, staring in quiet disbelief at the enormous twisters he could see from a few hundred miles away.

Radiation must have done a serious number on the weather patterns in the area, but he'd already seen some rather large craters, some of them not even having hit major cities, Deckard seriously doubted anything of Houston was left. The twisters were pretty obvious why there wasn't much any vegetation he could see...at least nothing like trees, anything that could cling hard to soil and rocks was probably okay, but trees had been ripped straight out.

Chances are, it probably meant there was absolutely no danger of wild animals or raiders near the twisters...not that this was an improvement, the twisters were far more dangerous then any raider or deathclaw could ever hope to be if you got near them, they were enormous, they had to be...maybe five...ten or more miles in diameter? That was his guess anyways, without some scientific equipment to more accurately gauge things it was impossible to totally say.

Nonetheless, if people lived here, he was going to guess it was underground, there was simple no way for any life to survive on the surface with those things about, though perhaps there were parts of Texas that didn't have such patterns of weather. Quietly Deckard also noted that the twisters never seemed to lose strength as they traveled, normal behavior for a tornado was to travel a number of miles and then dissipate but these...

Also that sound, even from this far away he could hear a distinct roaring noise, there was no real way to describe it other then that, he had never heard...and suspected he never would again, heard anything like that noise ever before. Sighing he put down the binoculars and quietly reflected that if he couldn't find shelter, making contact with the Texas Rangers could be problematic.

He didn't like the idea of this Institute he'd been hearing about spreading it's power base, granted it was entirely possible if they got far enough West that Mr. House and the Courier could stop them, but if they did get that far...a lot of problems would arise, and he needed to bring back as much intel as he could before he returned the Mojave.

Getting up to his feet, he got to work, taking the old Pipboy 2000 he had and carefully glancing at it once in a while, he'd set it to mapping mode to try and get whatever telemetry it could pick up from any satellites in orbit. He'd found the pip-boy in an old vault, in the Mid-Western USA, it'd been full of mutants(not the super kind), but he hadn't been alone, having assisted a group of 'prospectors' to use the New Vegas term get in there, and he'd gotten the pip-boy as payment, it was no model 3000 but...it was still damn useful.

And to his great delight and relief, the device was indeed currently getting satellite telemetry, and shortly began displaying a map for him.

With that...he set off onto the plains, knowing that the twisters were a long distance yet, he had to try and find if there was anyone still alive out there...

Last edited:
Reactions: Himilo
James had finally found the base the raiders had been using to harass the town that had hired him. He found a suitable overlook in a nearby structure and setup his rifle so he could see inside the burned out area the raiders were using. He silently counted the 7 raiders all around and the bigger man which he assumed was their boss. He would spend the next couple hours memorizing their patrol patterns and just basic activities.

After a few hours of planning, he lined up the Anti-Material Rifle which he nicknamed Lucky towards his first target. He took a few deep breaths, steadying the sight on his first target and did some mental calculations to adjust for the distance and windage. He counted that he would have 10 seconds before they realized a sniper hit a raider and another 6 for the flying time of round. He smiled, 4 more seconds than he needed to fire and kill each raider.

He squeezed the trigger and fired the first round then moved towards the next and repeated the process. He continued this onto each target and by the time the they realized what was happening, it was too late. After the 22 seconds were up, the seven raiders were lying either dead or close to death with missing limbs or massive holes in their chest.

James finally let go of his breath and smiled, "Eight shots, Eight kills. 8 times 25... I spent at least 200 caps clearing raiders. Town as paying me around 250, so I made a profit of 50. Not great but not bad. Besides anything they had would be garbage from those shots." He stood up and disassembled the massive rifle and hid the bolt in a pocket, "No need for the town to know I have this heavy weapon, I can hide most of this in my pack but the barrel, but I could pass it off as a lead pipe with the bit that sticks out" he thought. He then policed his brass, he could at least reload these if he could find some more primers, they were rare without buying from Gun Runners or looting military points.

He spent some time recuperating then spent the night heading back towards the town to claim his reward. Who knew, maybe he would meet some others out there like himself, trying to survive and make a difference in the wastes.

In a small set of homes in a suburb in what used to be Madisonville Texas John was in a house that was fashioned into a tavern and hotel, he was wasting his remaining caps on booze and the tavern's call girls like he would do so every weekend. One of the call girls Lola walked over to him and rubbed his shoulders as he drank his beer, she nuzzled closer to him and giggled as the music played, the bartender Chappy cleaned some glasses and dishes and people were generally playing poker or dancing "Hey sugar, wanna take me upstairs? Usually fee." she said winking at him, John gulped down his beer then set some caps into the table "Keep the change, he said then handed Lola a handful of caps as she led him to an empty room upstairs. As always John would stay all night in that room with the girl, the loud music downstairs and constant chatter would muffle any noise coming from that room.

Eliza and Gabriella were walking along the dirt road to their next objective, find a former vault dweller by the name of John Walker "So have you ever met this guy?" Gabriella asked "Nope." Eliza replied plainly and blushed a bit as she looked at her younger sister's attire "Do you really have to wear that?" she asked, Gabriella sighed and rolled her eyes "It's the only one that fists, you know i had to get my vaultsuits custom made." Gabi answered "It's not my fault puberty decided to 'bless' me with boobs almost as big as my head." she said as she wiggled her breasts a bit making them pop up on her vault suit, she then moved her hands to her hips "Or this giant toy trunk of an ass." she said and sighed annoyed, at least her friends in the Rangers valued her for her marksmanship rather than her looks. Which she really liked, Eliza groaned and looked at herself. Not as impressive as little Gabi. The sisters walked down the dirt road and looked around, they saw the storm wall. Gabriella hugged her sister and clung to her "Don't worry, from what I've heard the wall was built well over a hundred miles away from the twisters." she told her as the twisters roared and raged far away, they could see them blackening the sky in their direction with dust. Then they spotted a man in NCR gear looking around "Hey!" Eliza called out "The wall is up for a reason! You can reach the cities in a near by hatch!" she called out, the dirt road was a good 40 yards away from the wall.

Reactions: Himilo
The vultures circled over head cawing away at the lone NCR ranger who traveled the roads with dust kicking up around him from the wind. He turned to his pipboy for a moment wiping the dust off the screen and examining the map. Artyom was given word from a roaming caravan that Madisonville was the town he wanted to get his bearings at. Given they mentioned a bar and a few vaults he figured those places would be more useful in getting the lay of the land and finding out who the players in this territory were and perhaps to see if anyone had any information on Pedro. He saw a house up ahead on the side of the road and he supposed it couldn't hurt to ask for directions as the worst thing that could happen would be if he was greeted by a anxious wastelander with a gun.

Upon closer approach and inspection of the home he froze realizing it had been sacked possibly by raiders however it didn't mean it was empty. He pulled out his 45. and quickly swapped his normal rounds for his hand loaded ones before he approached and checked the door which opened without much resistance. He swiftly entered keeping his pistol drawn and tucked in to himself before he scanned the room seeing overturned furniture and objects on the floor. He saw a man dead his head in pieces all over the floor and walls. He turned to look around seeing the dining room and kitchen empty as well though he could smell the familiar scent of copper even through his masks filter. He entered the bedroom and winced seeing 3 sets of small feet hanging off the bed before he composed himself murmuring "Count to 4 inhale...count to 4 exhale..."

He saw that the children were covered though the blood that soaked through the sheets didn't offer an comfort to him. He looked around again before noting there wasn't much else in the house before he decided to head out the other entrance. He froze when he heard a wavering voice "P-pl-please..." He turned and looked seeing a woman wounded and looking to him. He quietly raised his weapon when her hands made a move towards her stomach before she lifted her shirt just enough to show her wound to him. He knew he couldn't help her though she gestured for him to come closer to her. He slowly approached before she pulled softly on the barrel of his pistol slowly guiding it to her head. She grew weaker but gestured for him to pull the trigger to kill her so she could join her family at the very least.

Artyom was silent as he pulled his pistol away slowly the woman looking confused and slightly upset before he took off his helmet and set it down aside with his pistol. He gently moved the woman closer holding her in his arms at least showing some compassion and mercy. Their eyes met as tears rolled down her cheeks her hand weakly moving and grasping his forearm as she looked up at this stranger. Her breathing started to slow before she let out a wheezing rattling breath and her eyes rolled up her arm falling limpy to her side. Artyom silently sighed and held the woman close for a moment slightly mourning and slightly angry this happened to begin with before he sighed and set her down gently. He looked around the home for a while before seeing a shovel and knowing what he needed to do.

As the sun set and he finished the last grave he set the shovel aside and went back inside to to check if he left anything of note though he spotted a guitar. He decided to take it with him fashioning a strip of cloth to act as a strap. He holstered his pistol and donned his helmet again as he left the home and continued back on the road. He flicked the low light switch for night vision as he continued along the road to Madisonville using light and a pipboy like he did back in New Vegas to guide his way.

It was as Courier 21 surveyed the wall that the first signs of life he'd encountered since entering Texas took him unawares, a voice speaking out "The wall is up for a reason! You can reach the cities in a near by hatch!" Startled he whirled, drawing his handgun in one smooth motion as he did so and aiming it towards the source of the voice, ready to aim and shoot.

After a moment of staring at the speaker, and her friend, he relaxed and lowered the weapon and called out "Isn't wise to spook people like that sister, I about shot you!" He laughed a moment later to show that he wasn't upset and he saw no ill will in what she had done. Approaching carefully he holstered the pistol, gaze observing them quietly.

Spotting the Texas Ranger symbol on a hat she was wearing he held out his hand to shake and said "My name is Deckard King, Courier 21 from all the way from the West Coast, come to offer my help to the Texas Rangers, you wouldn't happen to know how to find them would ya miss?" A wink and a smile and a quick glance at her hat showed quite clearly he was aware she probably had the information he was looking for.

Teddy awoke to a man shaking her. "Get up now." Teddy's foggy eyes finally made out the man, his black worried eyes and radiated, wrinkled face. She had fallen asleep in a booth of the bar, noticing the brown bottle and shot glasses, her leather jacket used as a blanket. Her eyes wandered past the man, noticing others either sleeping like she had been or drinking their sorrows.

"How long was I out?" She questioned.

"Couple hours." Teddy groaned at the ghoul's answer, hungry, limbs tired. "We're closing. Let's get you on your feet, miss." He said, assisting to help her out of the booth. She shook off the nausea and chills, gathered her thoughts and things, left a few caps for the ghoul, thanked him, and finally stepped out. Literally kicking the dust as she wandered the town, some people sticking around in the dark as they planned their schemes, shops still keeping the lights on for the little caps they needed, guards patrolling the town.

"Watch it!" One guard yelled at her as she tried to make it appear she bumped into him on accident.

"Sorry… bartender cut me off." He eyed her.

"You were the one who collected that slaver bounty. Good for you, he was a shithead." He began to continue his patrol. Teddy rolled her eyes as he went on his way and examined the items she collected: two caps and a stupid note about a Baker Hotel out in Mineral Wells; 'Scavenge and return. Stay cautious for many never stay long, not even raiders.' the note said. She stuffed the caps and note in the jackets pocket and looked back to see the guard beginning to turn a corner and called out to him, asking, practically begging, him to assist and follow her. He wasn't entirely convinced but did so anyways.

"How long is this gonna take?" He groaned tiredly, complaining. "We're already a couple miles out of town, what was it you needed again?" She stopped in her tracks for she had lost track of time then faced the guard.

Similar to her bounty, the guard had cut open and bled out. A limb and a few lower intestines missing, roasted over a bright fire. Teddy noted the muscle on the guard that her bounty didn't have, tearing and biting into the flesh, enjoying the peace that was being given to her. She wiped the sticky blood from her fingers and stuck by the fire a for a couple hours.

The guard hadn't even done anything to her yet here she was with his blood splattered on her clothes. 'Sooner or later this karma was gonna catch up with her.' Teddy thought to herself. She just knew it.

*Sometime Earlier*
James retrieved the bounty from the town he was hired from, a small town in the middle of nowhere. As he stood around waiting for his caps, he noticed a small advertisement. He walked over and read it, "Texas Rangers are looking for some sharpshooters, if you are one, come and apply at Madisonville." He looked at the old man and retrieved the caps, "How do I get to Madisonville and what do I need to know of these Texas Rangers?" The old man looked at James and described the route and what to look for when he arrived.'

On his way out, he checked his cap count and smiled, 1192 left, he could get some more supplies before he left. In the end he bought trail rations for 75 caps, some water canteens with water for 125 and a pair of pre-war binoculars with several enhancements such as a range finder and night vision totaling 786 caps, worthwhile investment, he could use them without as much eye pain than the heavy duty scope. He hoped he wouldn't need much more to survive when he reached Madisonville or he might be out of luck.

When he was out of town a bit, he did one last look over of his gear, setting out what he needed. When he finished count he had food for a week and a half, water for twice as long. He had his armorer's kit to maintain any firearm he found as well as a small reloading kit which had enough to reload a few hundred rounds of different types and calibers. His vest was holding up well with the 5 magazines of 30 for his marksman carbine without the one inside the rifle at time, 42 rounds of normal .50, 10 incendiary and 5 High Explosive. He decided to save the specialty rounds, who knows what would need them and how rare they were. He reassembled his gear and built the AMR just in case he found a mutant. He began his walk towards Madisonville and hopefully a new life. After a day or so, he realized he was way lost, eventually he stumbled upon the massive storm walls, still looking for a way to Madisonville.

*Present Day*

James sat and stared at the group, his half ghille and gear blending into the vast desert. He held the old pre-war binoculars he bought at the previous town and watched the NCR Ranger as well as the 2 Texas Rangers (Or so he assumed). He kept his eyes on the group as well as the hatch, the groups may be known for good deeds in the wasteland but still, he was a cautious man, had to be to survive the wastes. After a bit of watching he stood up and picked up the AMR, and headed towards the group.

He used the desert to his advantaged until he got close enough he felt comfortable. He soon called out, "Hello? Is this the way towards Madisonville and the Texas Ranger Headquarters? I was wondering if they were still accepting sharpshooters." He held the massive rifle at the low-ready, he could take one, maybe two this close but the third and most likely guards (If there were any on the wall or otherside) would get him, he would have to take his chances and play the cards he was dealt.

Gabi eeped when the gun was pointed at her and her sister, Eliza quickly drew her shotgun at the man, she lowred it and looked at him as he came closer "You still have had me to worry about." She said at his comment. She lowred her weapon "Eliza Carter and this is my little sister Gabriella. Gabi for short." She responded. "Oh, good we well my commanding officers were expecting you. Well are expecting you." Gabi said fumbling her words a bit. "Actually we're headed there, its a settlement called Madison County. Largest and most well defended." She said then sighed as her smile left "It would be better if it wasn't for overseer Mullen in vault 50. Friggin extortionist." She mumbled the last part.

Eliza waa about to add some insight to her sister's comment but when she heard a voice call out she aimed her shotgun at that direction. She then lowred her weapon "We're all heading there, feel free to come over and tag along." She called out. Gabi suddenly looked giddy "What?" Eliza asked "I might get that promotion after all." She said "For bringing an NCR ranger and courier?" She asked "Yup." Gabi responded "What rank?" Eliza asked plainly but curious "Sergeant major." Gabi replied. Eliza noddee a bit impressed and patted her sisters head "Don't count your chickens before they hatch, we need to get them there. Alive." She pointed out. Gabi shrugged, she wasn't too worried about that. Her IF-54 Beowulf was a force to be reckoned with, and if these two guys were as good as the reputation the NCR has. They should be ok.

Artyom's trek took him across the Texan wastes as he looked for Madisonville though to not much avail. His pipboy guided him at least along the path though it wasn't lying when it came to how far off he was. After a while his legs just trudged along his eyes occasionally scanning the horizon for any threats nearby though he saw none or any he did spot just required he keep his distance from them. He soon spotted a fire in the distance though from his sight it was a mere speck on the horizon it at least meant people or a person camping.

After a little spurring from himself and a bottle of Sunset Sarsaparilla he got the gumption to head in the direction in which he saw the the campfire. He disabled the red lights in his helmet knowing they wouldn't exactly imply a friendly person though at the same time he knew that the person at the fire could be a raider. He quietly mused the fact of having to fight over a fire before he promptly pulled his shotgun. He pumped the action loading a shell of regular buckshot into the chamber as he soon started to approach the fire the outline of someone sitting at it becoming much more clear.

He kept his weapon pointed to the ground before he approached and saw a woman next to a fire and a dead man who's flesh was being made into a meal. It was a bit of an awkward thing to walk into and from the way the man was dressed he didn't look like a raider type but it wasn't beyond possibility that this woman defended herself and was starving at the same time. "Errr....Um howdy miss." He said a little unsure how to go about this. "I'm just...gonna assume he tried something and you did what you had to...."Artyom said making an excuse for her not really having problems with cannibals so long as they didn't prey on innocent people. "Would you mind if I rested here with you for a spell?" His accent distinctly one from California.

It was a bit of a give away to say he was a traveler giving his backpack, over the shoulder holsters, and how he carried himself. He waited for her response not wanting to start a fight so quickly especially when his feet were aching as they did right now. His Riot Gear also marked him as someone who wasn't an easy target. He took a look at her though memorizing her features as it was always something he did when he met people. Back in Vegas it often helped him find friends in places that were unfamiliar to him.

Teddy rolled and rubbed her neck, the warmth from the fire was making her drift off more and more. She knew it wasn't wise to fall asleep in the dead night in practically in the middle of no where, being attack by a group of raiders, horde of feral ghouls, let alone a couple of angry dogs wasn't on her to do list. The single thought of her being kidnapped again gave her chills, made her sick to her stomach.

Her head jolted up at the sound of footsteps and immediately made a reached for her pistol. Cursing "shit" repeatedly in her head as she looked at the mauled corpse. Situations like this rarley happened for she'd be long gone to avoid it. It was a man, she noted his large pack and his lowered weapon, clearly able to hold his own as well kept possible values on him. Keeping her weapon lowered, but refusing to take her hand off of it, she only eyed him cautiously. Not helping but to look between the corpse and at the man as he commented on his fate, constantly questioning herself what he'll do. Turn her in? Kill her on the spot? Hell, she can't even come up with an good enough excuse for herself on the disgusting habit.

After a moment of awkward silence and pre-planning thoughts of an attack if he tried anything or an escape if she were to be jumped by friends, if he had any, she finally silently geastured for him to sit where he pleased. She continued to stare at him, her mouth opening and closing trying to think of what say first. Deciding to remain silent and keep her eyes on the fire for the moment.

"I'm, uh," casually talking with others wasn't Teddy's strongest suit. "He… it's complicated." She simply stated even though it the story was completely opposite, so much for keeping a low profile on her vile act. "Traveler?" She asked him, curious as to why someone packed so much loot that was begging to be taken. "Barter?"

The answer was more than enough for the ranger as he placed his shotgun back in it's holster and he sat down in front of the fire. When she questioned if he was a traveler or merchant he quickly shook his head before stopping "Well I guess you could say traveler would be the closest thing to what I am. I'm actually looking for a friend of mine who went missing. I've kinda followed his trail all the way from California through Nevada til I ended up here." He said taking off his helmet and setting it down next to him assuming she'd prefer a face rather than a mask.

"I suppose I kinda just try to do right by people along the way though. What about you? Seems like your comfortable around these wastes given the fire and relaxing." He noted though she wasn't very relaxed around him at the moment considering he was an unknown person. "I come from NCR if you already didn't guess." He said smiling a little figuring it wouldn't help either of them to be stressed out or distrusting of each other. "So uhh...My names Artyom....Chop it any way you like...Art, Arty...hell call me Arthur if you want....so whats your name?"He asked pulling the guitar over his shoulder and lightly strumming and tuning it though he listened for her response.

Teddy only nodded to his words and decided not to question his long travel. The thought of traveling just for one person seemed…tedious but the excitement of seeing new lands and the seeing what various goods it had to offer did intrigue her. Looking back and forth between him and the fire, she only relaxed for a moment when he removed his helmet but still refused to take her hand off her weapon.

It was odd hearing those words: "just trying to do the right of the people", she would've laughed if it wouldn't had been rude and instead raised her brows, smiled briefly, and nodded. But her story. It made her stomach turn, her minded drifted off and shivered, mumbling about the cold. Just use any excuse to not talk about it, mentally cursed and looked at him. "It's complicated." She simply stated the répétitive phrase.

As for NCR, she already knew it wouldn't be the wisest idea to tangle with them and focused on his named instead. She gave an confused look, trying to mouth the name to see if she could pronounce it correctly. "Ar-Art…" she shook her head. "Teddy. And yes, like the bear." She then looked at the wooden object and her tilted in confusion once more, only seeing it once before but only thought of it as junk. " …what's that?"

Reactions: Hexatech
He noted the way Teddy acted and he understood with good reason why she did so or at least he thought he did. The wastes were a very dangerous place and trusting the wrong people could get you screwed six ways from sunday if you got stabbed in the back by the wrong people. When she replied its complicated he nodded understandingly not prying or asking for anymore and just leaving it at that for the time being. Artyom could relate at least not wanting to tell her how he'd only been in Texas for a few days and already the place was throwing whatever it could to get his spirits down.

He looked a little perplexed when she questioned what he had "Oh? Oh! This? This is a guitar." He said calmly "You can play songs and make music with it." He said as he played a few more strums for her. "Hmm oh I learned this one a while back in Vegas." He said calmly as he began to play the guitar. The song itself was rather short but it was apparent he had quite some skill given how well he played. His hands seemed to just move so fluidly along the guitars neck as he strummed. Soon he finished and looked back up at her "If you want I could probably teach you if you wanted." He offered.

"Well miss," Deckard said with a gesture toward the wall "I suggest you hurry up and lead on, if you want to get your promotion that is, I'd like to get myself sorted with quarters sometime before night." She'd said a lot of things that hadn't made a lot of sense to him, but for now he didn't ask, though he sincerely doubted she'd get a 'promotion' for just stumbling upon him.

Quietly, this made Cain wonder if this girl understood how militaries worked...because that wasn't how a good one did, so he suspected she'd be very sorely disappointed when her superiors told her bluntly 'no you will not be getting a promotion just for happening to find a fellow, and even if you found him on purpose you still wouldn't get a promotion because that's not how those things work.'

At least he damn well hoped the Texas Rangers weren't such incompetent nincompoops that such things were their usual modus operandi. If they were...that could be problematic to say the least. For the moment though he waited patiently...or impatiently, he supposed he wasn't sure which one it was given that he wasn't willing to wait too long for this girl to get things figured out already and show him to HQ.

"That.." she chuckled. "That ugly thing plays music?" Yet nonetheless she listened as Artyom strummed his short song, it was different than what she usually heard on radios. Instead of upbeat tones, horns tooting and drums beating, this was soothing. It would've been the first time she had used the word 'relaxed' in a while. 'So far, so good' Teddy thought as the man hasn't attacked but she wasn't going to let her guard down entirely.

When offered to learn the guitar she simply raised a hand to reject. Having to swat sudden flies buzzing among her, interrupting her concentration to listen to the guitar more. It was starting to annoy her and realized what was drawing their attention. "Excuse me." She stood and stepped towards the mangled corpse, blatantly picking it up by his legs and began dragging his heavy body away. Not helping but to hum Artyom's performance while doing so.

"Alright let's get moving." Gabi said and looked over at the man over the hill(James) "You coming or not?" She asked loudly over their distance as she began to walk with Deckard down the road near the wall "Are you sure you're gonna get promoted?" Eliza asked "Well I did get a recommendation from my Commanding officer, the board is still reviewing it. I just need to bring these guys to the General or my captain. After that, they'll conduct a condition test on my weapons to make sure I'm keeping them in functioning order, they give me a few more accuracy and survival tests. After that I have to kill 5 raider bosses and bring their fingers, along with the fangs of a rad viper for Rangers on field medics, they need to study the venom to see if they can put an anti-venom into the Brotherhood's deathclaws." Gabi explained, Eliza looked at her baffled "The brotherhood of steel has deathclaws? Why?" She asked rather astounded as they all kept walking "Because of the radvipers and cazadores. And radscorpions, and those asshole raiders from sin city. They even began to mount saddles and miniguns on them." Gabi explained and Eliza's jaw just dropped "Nothing scarier than a deathclaw with a mounted rocket launcher over it's back." Gabi said and grinned, she looked at Deckard "So, what brings you to Texas?" she asked curious, Eliza looked at him as well wondering the same.

James silently moved faster down the hill and fell silently in step behind the group by about 3 feet. "So you guys are Texas Rangers? Nice. I have been looking for a job that I can apply my lifestyle to." He chambered the huge rifle with a loud click, catching the unfired round and pocketing it. "Also before you ask, no, I am not part of any faction you speak of, I work for myself, or well use to work for myself if I get accepted."
He shifted up his shemagha, covering his nose and mouth. He continually looked around them, his dark sunglasses obscuring his eyes to anyone watching them. He silently looked over the group and their equipment, "Now one question I have, How does one even get accepted into these Texas Rangers?"

(Sorry for late reply and shorter than usual one, been super busy time at work and hadn't had anytime to myself until just now.)

Artyom stopped playing for a moment when she got up and dragged the corpse away from the camp and he smirked. "I would have moved that for you if you asked and yes this things got a good number of songs still in it if you know how to play them." He replied to her as he thought of another song. He idly struck a few chords before his next idea struck him as he began to play again for her. It was relaxing to at least talk or rather socialize with someone again even if they did eat a person. He kept playing remembering he learned the song during his stint with the NCR.

He finished and looked over at Teddy a little unsure if she wanted him to keep playing or talk with him. He found it a bit of a blessing and a curse with a guitar given that it made it easier to break the ice but at the same time a little hard on what to say after. "So...if you don't mind me asking....do you have any idea of a place i could get my bearings?" He asked her calmly. It wasn't exactly noticeable but his question did make it evident he had not much of an idea where he was. It seemed a little ridiculous at least to a few people given he had a computer practically strapped to his wrist that gave him navigation directions better than most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.