Falling Skies: In our Final Hour (OOC and Signup 5/7 spots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do CQB. Would the tactical suits be moddable? I have an idea for jet propelled forearms, to give this heavy-armored dude some fast strikes. Would make more sense after I typed it out. Is that any good?
Relatively modifiable, I'm kinda confused on jet propelled forearms though- the only image coming through my mind is that giant robot from Pacific Rim with rocket boosters on its elbows.

Exactly. heheahhaehaehaeh

Nah, I just wanted to know the extent to which things could be changed. That was one of my ideas.

I'll get to work

Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Not sure scaled down jets would work out that well- not efficiently anyway- you could have advanced hydraulics/pneumatics to improve your kinetic strikes

Point side with hole towards baddies, apply pressure to trigger, make go *bang* *bang* until goes *click* *click*, touch button box with no bullets falls out, proceed to put box with bullets into slot, repeat prior steps.
Thank

Hm...actually, as it stands right now, I probably shouldn't be joining any RPs. School's about to start and it's probably going to eat me alive.

Also, the ideas just aren't coming to me, so I know that it wouldn't really be my best effort.

Looks like you have enough people already, though.

Well my character has ten mags with 10 rounds each and a direct hit is pretty much a guaranteed kill or knock out assuming shield generators are too large to be on infantry and .50 cal weighs a good bit more so I think my numbers are good.

Well my character has ten mags with 10 rounds each and a direct hit is pretty much a guaranteed kill or knock out assuming shield generators are too large to be on infantry and .50 cal weighs a good bit more so I think my numbers are good.
So one .50 cal round is 647 grains (If we're going with the highest velocity round that is) so lets do some maths :P

647 grains = 41.9248948 grams so lets just say 41.93 grams
10 round mags so 41.93 x 10 = 419.3 grams per mag
and then 10 mags so 419.3 x 10 = 4193 grams total
4193 grams = ~9.243983 pounds

So yeah like 10lbs on an Exoskeleton shouldn't kill you, in honesty you could probably take more lol (But don't there's no real reason XD)

Reactions: Shalashaska
Yeah well, there's the weight of the mags themselves, plus the weight of the rifle as well. And considering these aren't conventional rounds they're probably different as well. It might just be a magnetic mass accelerator and not propelled by gunpowder or something else. In any case, I don't see the sniper firing 100 times in a single mission. If it comes down to it and we get into a massive siege, then maybe he'll take more, considering this is our "Final Hour."

In a combat situation the less load is better- no matter how much or little it weighs. If you're sprinting from cover to cover, an unnecessary 20 pounds is going to hinder you. Even if 20 isn't particularly heavy, you'll feel it after a while. Granted, the experience I have from from ROTC and field training is nothing like an actual combat situation- nevermind combat with powerful exosuits.

Gotta factor in the rest of the weight as well- wearing the exoskeleton is not hindering but its not weightless either. Non-combat gear - rations, water, weapon kit, futurized 550-cord, etc.

Yeah well, there's the weight of the mags themselves, plus the weight of the rifle as well. And considering these aren't conventional rounds they're probably different as well. It might just be a magnetic mass accelerator and not propelled by gunpowder or something else. In any case, I don't see the sniper firing 100 times in a single mission. If it comes down to it and we get into a massive siege, then maybe he'll take more, considering this is our "Final Hour."
Well... the RP's title should be 'In our final hours' <- Hours plural, because the RP will be taking place over the course of several hours- a few days actually.

BUT

Hour singular just sounded better in my ear.

Also, its not that shield generators are too big to be on infantry- its that they're too expendable to bother putting power intensive and expensive shielding units on them. Plus, the exosuit only comes with a single small power core

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
I'll just leave the technical stuff to you guys XD

Am I still waiting on a character sheet?
LeVen has to finish her Military Record and some stuff came up so I don't think Dauwz will be able to join after all.

*coughs* I'm still trying to figure that out. What kinds of planets exist in the rp? Just make something up?

*coughs* I'm still trying to figure that out. What kinds of planets exist in the rp? Just make something up?
I don't see why you couldn't just make it up

Welp, if we're not waiting on anyone, I might as well get us started.

I'll update the roster with everyones characters soonish, and IC will follow after that

- This may or may not take a while. Apparently I'm an uncle now, and its time for me to go do uncle-things for a while.

Wow. Do people trust me with kids now? Is this what its like to be an adult?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.