Falling Skies: In our Final Hour (OOC and Signup 5/7 spots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently in the Delayed Entry Program for the US Navy, if you have questions about the military I can definitely help in that respect.

As far as military strategy goes @CrimsonHorizons I know a very large deal of both Naval and Marine tactics. Let's be tacticool together lol

Just wanted to post that I'm pretty interested in joining this roleplay. It's actually 1am for me now so I only have time to get a few words in before I can hammer out a character when I wake up. Which countries rank structure are you adopting? Personally I'm only familiar with the UN and my own (which is currently undergoing a slight aesthetic change).
US Army Enlisted Rank

I'm currently in the Delayed Entry program for the US Navy, if you have questions about the military I can definitely help in that respect.
My sister is as well but I don't think she'd appreciate me coming with random questions. I'm gonna have a lot of those

U.S. Army ranks are what we're using according to Myke.

My sister is as well but I don't think she'd appreciate me coming with random questions. I'm gonna have a lot of those
It's fine with me. Ask away.

22a067d9e2180b6732898ede33ec7c75.png
Name:
TACOSA-V22

Nickname:
'Tac'

None/N-A

Personality Programming Analysis:
Tac is one of the few AI programmed with a theoretical "sense of humor", a fairly recent, very small-scale attempt to give UEE Forces a morale boost. After it became aware that a robot's sense of humor was nigh impossible to sync with any human's, the concept was put on ice, but Tac's general efficiency in scouting and front-line analysis resulted in 'his' repeated re-design and modification.

The humor 'program', so to speak, is still in use, although it rarely makes any sense. There tends to be a problem when an Artificial Intelligence without empathy tries to emulate a distinctly human creation. The two rarely meet up.

The program was designed to have Tac point out any breach of pattern that he judged to be significant or attempt to mimic the jokes he observes in humans. Since his conception, Tac has had this humor programming severely reduced. It should have been eliminated, according to official records, but apparently his programmers had a sense of humor...about his sense of humor.

Military Record:
Tac was originally created under the incredibly boring name "Tactical And Combat-Oriented Sensory Array", the second attempt of a now-defunct design team at building a machine that could make humans laugh. After the first one exploded on the spot, the team was given one more chance. That's Tac.

For the first half-year, Tac did what he was programmed to do: he used his incredibly powerful sensor collection on the front lines to assess the threat of each battle as it arrived. Troop numbers, equipment, potential weapons of mass destruction, power usage, the works. The soldiers he worked with had to tolerate his badly timed quips or obvious remarks. That is, until one of them lodged a quiet complaint with Legion Headquarters, upon which Tac was recalled and put under the digital knife.

Now, with his humor curtailed and his sensors upgraded, Tac once again does his job, with less jokes and more deadpan responses. His incredibly powerful sensors send information to his fellow AI and back to Legion Headquarters. That is his primary function, but sometimes he gets the soldiers to crack smiles along the way.

Equipment:
The main function of Tac is to obtain vast amounts of battlefield data and coalesce the mess into a useful whole. To that end, Tac's physical form, a Floyd Interplanetary Biwalker Unit, is more or less a skeleton covered by sensors: visual, auditory, infrared, gamma, radar, lidar, antimatter (though no positrons have yet to be detected), and more. Then armor, lots of armor to protect the valuables within. This amalgam of sensors gives Tac an effective range of up to the edge of the stratosphere, assuming there are no large objects to get in the way.

With his entire body devoted to gathering data, Tac has no room for internal weapons, although he is readily-built with a general combat system. Given a firearm or a close quarters weapon, Tac is quite capable of using it, but he carries only a single Syer-336 strapped to his side.

Lastly, the TACOSA program's latest version is backed up on several servers, preventing Tac from ever truly "dying". However, the Biwalker Unit, with all of it's incredible devices and sensors, would be very expensive to replace.
---

Thought I'd do something with my morning, instead of lazing around. Hope it's enjoyable.

I seem to recall Myke from way back when somewhere in another one of his rps, I can't remember where...might have been some virtual reality one hm

@LeVen I think it'd be safe to say, equipment-wise, a rookie would also have:

- ACS Magazines (x 5)
- SN-1 Machine Pistol - Since this is a military RP, all soldiers would have a sidearm.
- SN-1 Magazines (x 5)
- Electron Mace - For any close-combat encounters; it's possible he could get something different later on, but it would be a nice starter for a rookie.
- Electron Grenade (x 3) - Standard Issue
- Emergency Biogel Applicator (x 2)

Just to help you out; I think that's what most soldiers, when starting, would have on/with them.

22a067d9e2180b6732898ede33ec7c75.png
Name:
TACOSA-V22

Nickname:
'Tac'

None/N-A

Personality Programming Analysis:
Tac is one of the few AI programmed with a theoretical "sense of humor", a fairly recent, very small-scale attempt to give UEE Forces a morale boost. After it became aware that a robot's sense of humor was nigh impossible to sync with any human's, the concept was put on ice, but Tac's general efficiency in scouting and front-line analysis resulted in 'his' repeated re-design and modification.

The humor 'program', so to speak, is still in use, although it rarely makes any sense. There tends to be a problem when an Artificial Intelligence without empathy tries to emulate a distinctly human creation. The two rarely meet up.

The program was designed to have Tac point out any breach of pattern that he judged to be significant or attempt to mimic the jokes he observes in humans. Since his conception, Tac has had this humor programming severely reduced. It should have been eliminated, according to official records, but apparently his programmers had a sense of humor...about his sense of humor.

Military Record:
Tac was originally created under the incredibly boring name "Tactical And Combat-Oriented Sensory Array", the second attempt of a now-defunct design team at building a machine that could make humans laugh. After the first one exploded on the spot, the team was given one more chance. That's Tac.

For the first half-year, Tac did what he was programmed to do: he used his incredibly powerful sensor collection on the front lines to assess the threat of each battle as it arrived. Troop numbers, equipment, potential weapons of mass destruction, power usage, the works. The soldiers he worked with had to tolerate his badly timed quips or obvious remarks. That is, until one of them lodged a quiet complaint with Legion Headquarters, upon which Tac was recalled and put under the digital knife.

Now, with his humor curtailed and his sensors upgraded, Tac once again does his job, with less jokes and more deadpan responses. His incredibly powerful sensors send information to his fellow AI and back to Legion Headquarters. That is his primary function, but sometimes he gets the soldiers to crack smiles along the way.

Equipment:
The main function of Tac is to obtain vast amounts of battlefield data and coalesce the mess into a useful whole. To that end, Tac's physical form, a Floyd Interplanetary Biwalker Unit, is more or less a skeleton covered by sensors: visual, auditory, infrared, gamma, radar, lidar, antimatter (though no positrons have yet to be detected), and more. Then armor, lots of armor to protect the valuables within. This amalgam of sensors gives Tac an effective range of up to the edge of the stratosphere, assuming there are no large objects to get in the way.

With his entire body devoted to gathering data, Tac has no room for internal weapons, although he is readily-built with a general combat system. Given a firearm or a close quarters weapon, Tac is quite capable of using it, but he carries only a single Syer-336 strapped to his side.

Lastly, the TACOSA program's latest version is backed up on several servers, preventing Tac from ever truly "dying". However, the Biwalker Unit, with all of it's incredible devices and sensors, would be very expensive to replace.
---

Thought I'd do something with my morning, instead of lazing around. Hope it's enjoyable.

I seem to recall Myke from way back when somewhere in another one of his rps, I can't remember where...might have been some virtual reality one hm

Uhh.. Virtually rp back on roleplayerguild? Before it crashed way back a few years ago? If so I'm pretty sure I remember you too.. Lol

@LeVen I think it'd be safe to say, equipment-wise, a rookie would also have:

- ACS Magazines (x 5)
- SN-1 Machine Pistol - Since this is a military RP, all soldiers would have a sidearm.
- SN-1 Magazines (x 5)
- Electron Mace - For any close-combat encounters; it's possible he could get something different later on, but it would be a nice starter for a rookie.
- Electron Grenade (x 3) - Standard Issue
- Emergency Biogel Applicator (x 2)

Just to help you out; I think that's what most soldiers, when starting, would have on/with them.
*casually copies and pastes* Thank you, writing the bio I realized how little I actually know about guns. orz

writing the bio I realized how little I actually know about guns. orz
Point side with hole towards baddies, apply pressure to trigger, make go *bang* *bang* until goes *click* *click*, touch button box with no bullets falls out, proceed to put box with bullets into slot, repeat prior steps.

@Vietmyke I can't help but feel like we aren't carrying enough magazines... I mean today's average is about 210 rounds so 7 magazines but you would think with these exoskeletons we could easily carry more, just in the picture for the Combat Exoskeletons the guy has 12 mags on him including the dual-mag he has loaded and that's just what you can see from the front.

But also it's not like many of us actually put how many mags we have on us.... I'm definitely looking too far into this XD

Uhh.. Virtually rp back on roleplayerguild? Before it crashed way back a few years ago? If so I'm pretty sure I remember you too.. Lol
Yeah, I think it was called Welcome to the World. Pretty fun stuff.

but then this rp reminds me of my most successful one ever so I was like "lets go"

Point side with hole towards baddies, apply pressure to trigger, make go *bang* *bang* until goes *click* *click*, touch button box with no bullets falls out, proceed to put box with bullets into slot, repeat prior steps.

Very apt description, and I believe you are correct, 5 is a bit on the short side for a full combat load, we'd probably be carrying closer to the 10-12 the soldier has on his body. I mean I'm not going to ask people to keep exact count of their ammunition, but they should have a general idea of how much ammo they have left.

Yeah, I think it was called Welcome to the World. Pretty fun stuff.

but then this rp reminds me of my most successful one ever so I was like "lets go"
And yup that was mine, I enjoyed it too. Oh, but I'm not sure about your character.. I know I made the AI slot a possible character, but I think I want to play it... Lol..

@Vietmyke

You should post what slots are open and which are closed.

And yup that was mine, I enjoyed it too. Oh, but I'm not sure about your character.. I know I made the AI slot a possible character, but I think I want to play it... Lol..
Is there only one slot available? I was under the impression that there could be more than one working in sync.

Yeah it should be a one per squad. Aside from the Rookie position, which even then should only have 2 at most.

Well, there's not much left then. Sniper, medic, engineer, point man, AI...any ideas on something else?

Some kind of stealth operative, maybe, who knows

Yeah it should be a one per squad. Aside from the Rookie position, which even then should only have 2 at most.
Dauwz is gonna have his character finished in a bit; he's going for Stealth Operative.

Rifleman, CQB, heavy weapons, automatic rifleman, breacher/pointman (because Jager's build is closer to a scout than an actual point man..)

- CQB, Breacher/pointman could be condensed to a single person- Probably tougher armor to keep them alive when kicking in doors/in CQB.
- Riflemen are always needed.
- Automatic Rifleman - aka Machinegunner aka Moar Dakka.
- Heavy Weapons - Rocket Launcher, or even a rifleman with a plasmatic grenade launcher, or other smaller scale ranged explosives launcher.

Rifleman, CQB, heavy weapons, automatic rifleman, breacher/pointman (because Jager's build is closer to a scout than an actual point man..)

- CQB, Breacher/pointman could be condensed to a single person- Probably tougher armor to keep them alive when kicking in doors/in CQB.
- Riflemen are always needed.
- Automatic Rifleman - aka Machinegunner aka Moar Dakka.
- Heavy Weapons - Rocket Launcher, or even a rifleman with a plasmatic grenade launcher, or other smaller scale ranged explosives launcher.
I'll edit Luxe to put him as Squad Leader/Scout :D

I can do CQB. Would the tactical suits be moddable? I have an idea for jet propelled forearms, to give this heavy-armored dude some fast strikes. Would make more sense after I typed it out. Is that any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.