Falling for the enemy

Ashton shook her head, she didn't trust Camden and really why should she. She shouldn't and Ashton knew that, she wasn't going anywhere with any guy. Did he really think she was that stupid? Ashton put her head down and adverted her eyes to the floor, she wanted him to just leave her alone. Ashton was used to being left alone, she was used to taking care of herself. Ashton closed her eyes shut when he said he wouldn't hurt her, she was doing her best to keep from crying. "Really Camden? You had no problem with that yesterday." Ashton said before wiping her eyes a little with her hands, she then rolled her eyes at herself since she probably got blood on her face too. Oh what a mess she was, but that was just one more reason she wanted Camden to leave.

Camden glowered at her. "I shouldn't have hit you like that. I am sorry. This is not about that though. This is about the fact that you just picked out glass from your skin. My house is just a few down from here. I'll get you some banages and some ointment." Suddenly he smirked. "Keep trying to not do what I am saying though, and I will carry you."

"I'm not going to your house Camden." Ashton said with a small shake of her head, and that thought actually happened to terrify her. Her thoughts were not good on the subject, he would have a major advantage in his own house. The thought was just scary, and brought back horrible memories. "I can take care of myself Camden. Been doing it for a while. I could easily just go home and do it myself." Ashton slowly stood even if it did sting a little, she's dealt with worse. Now did Ashton want to go home? Definitely not but she had no other choice, so keeping her blue eyed gaze away from Camden she started walking away to go home.

Camden watched her walk away. It was a strange feeling. He didn't like seeing her so hurt, yet he had just done the same thing the night before. Something was just not right in inside his head. Was he really that surprised that this girl didn't want to spend any time with him? oh not in the least. After all hadn't he just forced a kiss on her and then slapped her across the face. She had every right to distrust him. Still he didn't like just letting it go. Someone had hurt her and for the first time, in a very long time, Camden wanted to protect someone weaker than him.

Ashton walked back home not even glancing back, she just wanted to get away and she needed to. If it wasn't for the fact her father had all of her money for college in an account she can't access until she's eighteen then she would be gone, but sadly until she turned eighteen she was stuck. Once inside her house she quietly ran up to her room, she pulled out her first aid kit from under the sink and started bandaging up her side carefully after cleaning it. Ashton went to move on until her wrist was grabbed and she was yanked downstairs as her dad dragged her down, she stayed silent unsure of what he would do. "Hands." Her dad demanded, she shakily held out her hands. Once the alcohol hit them however Ashton couldn't help but to scream since it was extremely painful, but he covered her mout

Moving over with her towards the living room, he held out her hands once moreo look at them. "D-dad p-please stop." Ashton said through tears, he started yelling at her saying it was her fault for making her mother leave, so he started to choke her and she tried stopping him. Though immediately after he started he stopped as his eyes met hers, he started sinking down to the floor crying. "I'm so sorry Ashton. I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to." He kept repeating over and over, she slowly slid down the wall she was against and pulled her father into a hug. "Sh dad, It's okay. I forgive you." Ashton calmed him soothingly, but it was all the same. Come an hour later or sooner and he will just be hurting her again, but yet she always forgives him.

He went back to the park and ook his usual seat at the bench. Though this time his thoughts were not on anything but the strange girl who had just pulled shards of glass out of her skin. After about a half an hour, he stood up. There wouldn't be any sales. Right now was his mid-summer slump and he was over waiting. He started to wander around town. It was something he had not done since he was younger. At that time though, he always had a crowd of friends with him. My how times had changed.

Ashton had gone up to her room to change as her dad went into the study to drink, she wasn't thinking about anything besides what she would be making for her dad's dinner. Before changing though she decided to fix up her hands a little, she put some cream on them since they stung a lot. After she then wrapped them like her side, she knew how to take care of herself after all the damage. Ashton also wiped the blood off of her face, she luckily didn't get it in her hair. Deciding on a light blue sun dress she slipped that on, a little white cardigan as well, and lastly she had black wedges to match the dress's pattern.

She grabbed her purse and quickly left the house, she never liked being in it unless she had to. Ashton headed down to the store to buy something to make her father, an sadly there would have to be meat in it. Ashton was a vegetarian and always has been, she had never ate meat once even if her dad would try to force it down her throat. It was still a no for her, she hated knowing that they are beating poor innocent little animals just to consume them. Ashton grabbed a small basket since she wouldn't need to get much.