The Beast and the Maiden of the Sea (Long term, MxF pairing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whimsykiller

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
So, I'm new to this site! I've been role playing off and on for quite a few years, now. (My age is a good indicator of this. >.>)

Perusing the forums here I've seen a pattern as far as request threads, so...I think I'll follow the stream on this!

A little about myself: I'm a 28 year old dude who works security at a manufacturing plant. I'm a nerd, if that wasn't obvious, and enjoy anything from anime to video games, and have recently gotten into eating a lot healthier. (Lost 20 lbs already!) Outside of that, I like to write in my spare time, and this is something I find that helps me get the creative juices flowing!

As far as role plays are concerned, you can expect a few things from me:

-I will post minimum once a day. If this changes, I will promptly inform you!
-I am a male, and prefer to play opposite of females in a one on one settings. I also only play males. It's my preference.
-I play many genres, from slice-of-life, sci-fi/fantasy, high fantasy, and many more.
-I lean towards a more anime/manga style of storytelling, using several tropes or thematic elements. I don't over do it though. >.> I find over indulging in those to be a little...obnoxious.
-I use description on my characters posts, as well as character pictures for the skeleton for the initial post. I use anime pictures exclusively.
-I try my best to not make the 'Strong, silent type' of character. I like characters with flaws, and really dislike making untouchable characters.
-I like stories that end on the bittersweet side of things. Happy...but with a cost.
-Expect me to talk in OOC chat. I like to get to know people, and that helps when making stories and such.
-I do multi-paragraph posts. I don't put a number here, because there are times, in a role play, where we'll have to transition to more active content. There are down times. This is to be expected.

I'll probably think of more soon, but that's the basics. As far as potential partners:

-no Godmoding
-Post either once a day, or be able to let me know when you can't.
-Multi-paragraph posts are preferred, where applicable.
-Be friendly!
-Help out with the plot ideas! If you have a pairing I might like or be interested in based on this thread, or one of the plots I posted that you'd like to discuss and maybe modify. Just let me know!

And again, I'll probably add more as I go along! None of these are binding, and I'm pretty lenient as far as grammar and such. No one is perfect, but I will instantly be uninterested if there's text speak. So...basic grammar is a good thing. :3

Enough with the boring stuff, though, onto my plot idea!

Plot setting 1

Fallen Star:

Fall of the old world-

There was a time before the war. A time before the pain and suffering the people now endure. A time where both gods and men walked the land side by side. But no longer do the gods hear the peoples voice. Legends surround the reason for "Star Fall", but none can be confirmed for sure. All that is known is, as the gods ascended from the world, in their place descended destruction on a scale unimaginable. The land was razed, the lay lines that kept the planet viable for life were thrown into chaos. It was the end of the world. Or so it seemed. One continent survived, a testament to the wrathful and vengeful nature of the gods. The continent the star fell on survived, forming a massive crater in its center, and because of the now chaotic nature of the lay lines, created a planet-wide storm.

The continent was named Alvair.

Ages passed. The people had come to forget what they had done, and as generation after generation came and went, the resources of the last continent began to dwindle. The crater eventually formed a large body of water, and due to the nature of its creation, would glow with an unnatural light at night. Life flourished around the artificial lake, attributed to the nature of its origin, and people flocked to the newly forming resources. The body of water in the crater became known as "The Bright Sea."

What has come to pass-

A civil war had raged between the east and the west of the land of Alvair for nearly two decades. The death toll is high for both sides, yet neither kingdom yields.

The Haliod Federation to the west, a country of steam technology, wants to force progress and ingenuity on the land. They believe that this advancement will help them reclaim the rest of the world that they've lost.

The eastern kingdom, The Wazigen Conclave, believe the olden ways are to be preserved, and believe the idea of steam technology should be regulated and controlled by a select few, for fear of what that kind of power could do to the natural world, and will deter the gods return.

The conflict has raged for twenty years, and doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.

Plot 1: The Beast and the Maiden of the Sea

The premise is my character, a soldier for the Federation, would end up getting severely wounded in a battle that has just taken place on the edge of The Bright Sea, and falls into the large, glowing body of water. Upon waking, he discovers a village that lives on the edge of the Sea has taken him in and nursed him back to health. (YC) The 'Maiden of the Lake', a spiritualist who is tasked with the ritualistic practices of the village, found him at the edge of the sea, and is nursing him back to health. (MC) learns much from the people there, though they are suspicious of him seeing as he was found with weapons strapped to him: the Maiden's are of a generation of spiritual warriors that sealed away a great beast within The Bright Sea. (YC) is a descendant of the original maiden. While (MC) recovers, he would get to know more about the village, more about the life they live. Peace would make him restless, due to his military background. (YC), due to having never left the village, wants to know about the outside world and what it's like.

Eventually, one of the two sides of the civil war would come to know about the beast that slumbers in the sea, and wants to use it to destroy the other side.

That's a rough idea of what I was thinking. Just like the setting, this plot can be tweaked as needed, but I was definitely liking the idea of fantasy, romance, slice-of-life, and some action elements to the story.

I'll have more as I think of them! :D Check back regularly to see if something is there that you like, or if you'd like to pitch one of your ideas to me! I'm not only restricted to this particular plot idea!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.