Fallen Grace (OOC/Sign Up) (Open)

Are You Interested?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro's done, will post once Max and Kal give me some updates.
I'm truly sorry about the wait. I scrapped my initial character and I'm just having a hard time doing the CS for my secondary character idea. I know you guys already started, and I don't wanna be the one keeping the RP behind, so I'll gracefully withdraw at this point. I am so sorry!

I'm truly sorry about the wait. I scrapped my initial character and I'm just having a hard time doing the CS for my secondary character idea. I know you guys already started, and I don't wanna be the one keeping the RP behind, so I'll gracefully withdraw at this point. I am so sorry!
Alright, thanks for letting us know.

Last edited:
Hiya boys n' girls, y'all were pretty enthusiastic about the IC thread; hopefully y'all are now enthusiastically writing your intros.

Let's check it in right now, who's got 'em progress goin'?

A bit... my family's sick at present, this my progress has been slow. I might have one up tonight.

Soon! I've been sort of hesitant to lock in my skills before the whole team's created, but that's just me being indecisive. I'll roll for the weapon checkpoint and local pickpockets when I finally bite the bullet. Which will be soon. Probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit... my family's sick at present, this my progress has been slow. I might have one up tonight.
Ah, take your time; hopefully your family gets better soon.

Soon! I've been sort of hesitant to lock in my skills before the whole team's created, but that's just me being indecisive. I'll roll for the weapon checkpoint and local pickpockets when I finallg bite the bullet. Which will be soon. Probably.
If it helps, here's Max's stats.
Maxim said:
Reflex: (affects defense) 2/5
Endurance: (affects survivability) 1/5
Intelligence: (affects training) 2/3
Charisma: (affects trade) 3/3

Non point based skills:
-Consummate Liar:

-Fast Runner:

-Novice Seer:

-Dreams of the Future:

Skills:

Mobility:
  • Mobility 1/3
Knowledge:
  • Social 1/2
Communication:
  • Speech 2/2
  • Literacy 1/2
  • Trade 1/3
Subterfuge:
  • Concealment 2/3
  • Infiltration 3/3

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Soo... post started but my exhaustion is keeping me from making any logical progressions towards concluding it.

WIP...

Character Sheet is done and approved by GM! Have a look see!

• Name: Maxie Noville

afaf42e75ba9b90a586113449713a8f2.jpg

Appearance: Maxie has a lithe build and stands at 6'6". She has long brown hair that reaches down to her shoulders and brown eyes.

Background: Maxie grew up in a rural household in the Hadriaca Highland, her family barely eking out a living selling vegetables to passerby. Her parents were kind, idealistic people, believing that their situation would improve with enough hard work and effort. As such, they were honest in their dealings. Maxie even believed this at one point, but as the years went by with no end in sight for the family's poverty, she slowly became bitter. The big question in her life was "Why do the queen and king get to live in such luxury?". One day, she saw a tax collector summon the guards to drag away one of her neighbors who could not pay the tax of the day. Looking at this, and then back to her own situation, she came to a seemingly logical conclusion: That people only get money by taking it from others. Her parents tried to talk her out of this worldview, but all she saw around her was more evidence to back up her theory. Before long, she had become deeply cynical and doubtful that her life would ever be anything more worthwhile.

That is, until she read an article in the local newspaper. At that time, a particularly infamous con artist had managed to siphon funds from the royal treasury, and had become a millionaire from doing so. As it would happen, it was the very same tax collector that she had seen that day, many months ago. This gave her an idea of sorts, based on some details of the event. Apparently the man had stolen some incredibly valuable ancestor artifacts as well as the gold. If these artifacts were so valuable, and more importantly, unknown amongst the general population, then in theory you could claim anything old and rusty as a valuable artifact. With this in mind, she started putting together some odds and ends from the family's old shed in order to make what looked to be a rusty idol of some sort. Despite some nervousness at the beginning, she tried to pawn it off, but met with no success until, by pure coincidence, a collector had come into the area, and demanded the statue when he saw it. Maxie's eyes lit up as the man gave her 500 gold for the useless statue. Having finally found a usable source of income, she tried bolder and bolder tricks, her confidence growing by the minute. However, her father eventually caught her attempting to sell off the family cat in a bag and tricking the would be victim into believing it to be one of the family's pigs. A tense argument ensued, but despite her father's attempt to steer his daughter into the right path, she insisted. He issued an ultimatum, quit the get rich quick schemes, or leave the house.

She took the latter.

Maxie spent the next few years doing odds jobs and pulling tricks on the area she grew up in. It was a difficult life for a while, but her funds grew exponentially during that time. Eventually, and some would say inevitably, she wound up ripping off the wrong person, a certain member of the nobility named Vincent. The man swiftly led a rather massive manhunt, where Maxie was forced to leave her funds in a dead drop area for safekeeping in case she got caught. She never did, but was forced to flee to the Dao Regency until things cooled off enough for her to go back and reclaim her treasure.

Forced to start all over, she has gone back to her trade. Now, strange powers seem to be manifesting themselves, powers of the seers. She has even had dreams of it's capital Meusing, coming to a rather brutal end. Little did she know how much her life would change in just a few weeks.

Personality: On the surface, Maxie appears to be a bubbly individual, full of energy and kind to everyone she meets. However, a lot of this (though not all of it) is a mask that hides a more clandestine personality. She cannot resist playing a target for their hard earned cash, and has a rather nasty streak of kleptomania.

Her worldview is one of abject cynicism. In her mind, You are either one who takes, or is taken from. She finds good in one who realizes this and takes advantage of the fact. Maxie despises the law, considering it hypocritical at best and tyrannical at worst, regardless of the government type at work. Whenever it catches up to her though, her usual reaction, as with any situation that frightens her, is to head for the hills at breakneck speeds.

• Stats:

Non point based skills:
    -Consummate Liar: Having been a con artist for most of her life, Maxie has a talent for getting others to believe her lies. Granted, the more outlandish the lies are, the less likely they are to work. Additionally, the longer she drags one on the more holes one may be able to find, but by the time most realize that they've been tricked, they find their wallet's been pilfered and they've been robbed.

-Fast Runner: Guards and the like generally aren't very keen on letting Maxie do her work. More often than not, she needs to get out of the city in order to avoid the guards throwing her in jail, or worse. Thanks to some training and quite a bit of experience, she has learned how to avoid capture in the case of being found out. It's not exactly perfect though, as there are plenty of people faster than she is.

-Novice Seer: A relatively newly discovered ability, Maxie has put her strange powers to work for her. While she cannot outright read minds as of yet, she can read others' surface thoughts and general attitude towards her.

-Dreams of the Future: Maxie often has some rather odd dreams, and more recently, a few have come true. Sometimes during the night she will have outright visions of the future, though usually no more than a few moments worth of information. Biologically, it seems to come from the same place as standard dreams, making it very hard to decipher what is a vision and what is simply gibberish.

Skills:

Mobility:
    • Mobility 1/3
    Knowledge:
    • Social 1/2
    Communication:
    • Speech 2/2
    • Literacy 1/2
    • Trade 1/3
    Subterfuge:
    • Concealment 2/3
    • Infiltration 3/3

• Mechanic-affecting items:
    • Weapon: None (Hand to Hand 0/3)
    • Armor: None (0/3)
    • Supplies: None
    • Cash: 50 Daonese Pounds

Fashion items:
    • Outfit: A black cloak, with a tan shirt, brown pants and brown shoes.
    • Bags/packs/pouches: The cloak hides many small patches that can hold and smuggle small items. For larger stuff, she has a messenger bag that she carries around at all times.
    • Jewelry: None
    • Miscellaneous: None

Last edited by a moderator:
FEAR NOT, YOUR FAITHFUL CO-GM IS STILL AMONG THE LIVING!
HE LIVES!!!

I don't drink coffee
You're missing out dude. :coffee:

It doesn't help that you wrote a small novel to open us up.
:bsmile: I'll take this as a compliment.

:checkmark:

One thing I forgot to mention, make sure you get rid of your 0 point skills; not very important but makes it easier to read.

Reactions: WarriorHeart

• Name: Maxie Noville

afaf42e75ba9b90a586113449713a8f2.jpg

Appearance: Maxie has a lithe build and stands at 6'6". She has long brown hair that reaches down to her shoulders and brown eyes.

Background: Maxie grew up in a rural household in the Hadriaca Highland, her family barely eking out a living selling vegetables to passerby. Her parents were kind, idealistic people, believing that their situation would improve with enough hard work and effort. As such, they were honest in their dealings. Maxie even believed this at one point, but as the years went by with no end in sight for the family's poverty, she slowly became bitter. The big question in her life was "Why do the queen and king get to live in such luxury?". One day, she saw a tax collector summon the guards to drag away one of her neighbors who could not pay the tax of the day. Looking at this, and then back to her own situation, she came to a seemingly logical conclusion: That people only get money by taking it from others. Her parents tried to talk her out of this worldview, but all she saw around her was more evidence to back up her theory. Before long, she had become deeply cynical and doubtful that her life would ever be anything more worthwhile.

That is, until she read an article in the local newspaper. At that time, a particularly infamous con artist had managed to siphon funds from the royal treasury, and had become a millionaire from doing so. As it would happen, it was the very same tax collector that she had seen that day, many months ago. This gave her an idea of sorts, based on some details of the event. Apparently the man had stolen some incredibly valuable ancestor artifacts as well as the gold. If these artifacts were so valuable, and more importantly, unknown amongst the general population, then in theory you could claim anything old and rusty as a valuable artifact. With this in mind, she started putting together some odds and ends from the family's old shed in order to make what looked to be a rusty idol of some sort. Despite some nervousness at the beginning, she tried to pawn it off, but met with no success until, by pure coincidence, a collector had come into the area, and demanded the statue when he saw it. Maxie's eyes lit up as the man gave her 500 gold for the useless statue. Having finally found a usable source of income, she tried bolder and bolder tricks, her confidence growing by the minute. However, her father eventually caught her attempting to sell off the family cat in a bag and tricking the would be victim into believing it to be one of the family's pigs. A tense argument ensued, but despite her father's attempt to steer his daughter into the right path, she insisted. He issued an ultimatum, quit the get rich quick schemes, or leave the house.

She took the latter.

Maxie spent the next few years doing odds jobs and pulling tricks on the area she grew up in. It was a difficult life for a while, but her funds grew exponentially during that time. Eventually, and some would say inevitably, she wound up ripping off the wrong person, a certain member of the nobility named Vincent. The man swiftly led a rather massive manhunt, where Maxie was forced to leave her funds in a dead drop area for safekeeping in case she got caught. She never did, but was forced to flee to the Dao Regency until things cooled off enough for her to go back and reclaim her treasure.

Forced to start all over, she has gone back to her trade. Now, strange powers seem to be manifesting themselves, powers of the seers. She has even had dreams of it's capital Meusing, coming to a rather brutal end. Little did she know how much her life would change in just a few weeks.

Personality: On the surface, Maxie appears to be a bubbly individual, full of energy and kind to everyone she meets. However, a lot of this (though not all of it) is a mask that hides a more clandestine personality. She cannot resist playing a target for their hard earned cash, and has a rather nasty streak of kleptomania.

Her worldview is one of abject cynicism. In her mind, You are either one who takes, or is taken from. She finds good in one who realizes this and takes advantage of the fact. Maxie despises the law, considering it hypocritical at best and tyrannical at worst, regardless of the government type at work. Whenever it catches up to her though, her usual reaction, as with any situation that frightens her, is to head for the hills at breakneck speeds.

• Stats:

Non point based skills:
    -Consummate Liar: Having been a con artist for most of her life, Maxie has a talent for getting others to believe her lies. Granted, the more outlandish the lies are, the less likely they are to work. Additionally, the longer she drags one on the more holes one may be able to find, but by the time most realize that they've been tricked, they find their wallet's been pilfered and they've been robbed.

-Fast Runner: Guards and the like generally aren't very keen on letting Maxie do her work. More often than not, she needs to get out of the city in order to avoid the guards throwing her in jail, or worse. Thanks to some training and quite a bit of experience, she has learned how to avoid capture in the case of being found out. It's not exactly perfect though, as there are plenty of people faster than she is.

-Novice Seer: A relatively newly discovered ability, Maxie has put her strange powers to work for her. While she cannot outright read minds as of yet, she can read others' surface thoughts and general attitude towards her.

-Dreams of the Future: Maxie often has some rather odd dreams, and more recently, a few have come true. Sometimes during the night she will have outright visions of the future, though usually no more than a few moments worth of information. Biologically, it seems to come from the same place as standard dreams, making it very hard to decipher what is a vision and what is simply gibberish.

Skills:

Mobility:
    • Mobility 1/3
    Knowledge:
    • Social 1/2
    Communication:
    • Speech 2/2
    • Literacy 1/2
    • Trade 1/3
    Subterfuge:
    • Concealment 2/3
    • Infiltration 3/3

• Mechanic-affecting items:
    • Weapon: None (Hand to Hand 0/3)
    • Armor: None (0/3)
    • Supplies: None
    • Cash: 50

Fashion items:
    • Outfit: A black cloak, with a tan shirt, brown pants and brown shoes.
    • Bags/packs/pouches: The cloak hides many small patches that can hold and smuggle small items. For larger stuff, she has a messenger bag that she carries around at all times.
    • Jewelry: None
    • Miscellaneous: None

Did you mean to make her 6'6"?

C_c

Status
Not open for further replies.