Fallen Grace (OOC/Sign Up) (Open)

Are You Interested?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would be more than willing to try it but also wouldn't despair if it was scrapped.

Looks like the consensuses are for mechanics. I will do the last round of spit-shine on it and have a tutorial out ASAP.

Last edited:
Combat Sample

A bit about dices...

Pretty much all dice rolls are 10 sided, which means, a random number is generated (RNG) between 1 and 10. Because of Iwaku's formatting, all dice rolls appear on the bottom of the post.

I'm divided on where to put the dice rolls, having it in IC makes it easier to interpret the situation. But putting it in OOC makes IC posts neater. What do you guys think? Dice rolls in IC or OOC?

The real fight

Meta information:
  • Player equipment (tier 1 sword, tier 1 light armor)
  • Player stats (strength 1, reflex 1, endurance 1)
  • Player skills (1h sword 1)
  • Attack bonus: (weapon (1) + strength (1) + skill (1) = 3)
  • Defense bonus: (weapon (1) + reflex (1) + skill (1) = 3)
  • Injury bonus: (armor (1) + endurance (1) = 2)
Alright, attack score only applies when you attack, same with defense. You don't need to roll a attack die if you don't attack; similarly, you don't need to roll a defense die when your enemy doesn't attack.

Now, let's suppose we're facing an enemy exactly the same as the player, and both characters decide to attack each other. The player would need to roll both dices. For the attack dice, player has a 3 bonus, meaning that 3 is subtracted from the default threshold of 5. The player would only need to need roll above 2 in order to successfully attack. However, the opposite is true for defense. The player must roll above 8 in order to successful defend.

Let's take a look at the RNGs. Actually, we need to post what we have so far and edit in the outcomes, after we roll the dices.

We have a 4 for attack and 3 for defense. The attack went over threshold of 2 while defense failed to exceed 8. Both the player and the enemy are hit. This is where injuries come in.

Both characters have effective injury bonuses of 2, this number is then subtracted by the attack score, 3, resulting in -1 total bonus. Therefore, the rolls have to be above 6 to prevent heavy injury.

Ok, so the player passes the injury check and the enemy doesn't. The player gets one light injury added to them and the enemy gets a heavy injury.

At this point, the last roll is for the enemy's injury type. Let's see what our RNG has in store for the poor sod. Remember, this is the only time where D5 is used, instead of D10.

Looks like we have a 1, which means this NPC gets their arm smashed up good. They're now disarmed and cannot use their weapons or fists.

All of the above are OOC information, we're keeping track of it all in our heads (or written down, if you prefer). The actual IC post looks something like this.

*Bob is our PC and Joe is the NPC enemy.

Seeing Joe approach with his sword drawn, Bob unsheathed his own weapon. instead of waiting for Joe to attack, Bob decided to take the initiative and go for the first hit. As soon as Joe came within arm's reach, Bob's blade slashed in a wide arc, catching Joe across his right side. At the same time, Joe also struck, launching forward and stabbing towards Bob's chest. However, Bob's strike connected first, steel ripped through fabric as the blade torn into Joe's brachii muscle. The impact was sudden and violent, it knocked Joe's sword away from its intended mark, only grazing Bob's armpit. For Joe, the damage was done, his sword only went forward by momentum. His fighting arm was shattered and the weapon dropped, Joe clutched his bleeding appendage, grunting in both pain and shock.

Bob smiled and readied for the finishing blow, Joe will not be able to defend against this one.

Last edited:
I'd be very interested in this roleplay, it seems nobody is is posting a CS so I won't post one unless I'm supposed to..

I'd be very interested in this roleplay, it seems nobody is is posting a CS so I won't post one unless I'm supposed to..
Guess I'll throw down some interest here too. Don't suppose we need to wait on a sample CS being up before posting ours?
Hey guys, thanks for your interests. I'll get my CS up in a bit, as sample. In the mean time, feel free to start working on your own.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
I am in progress on the cs. I keep changing my mind on what sort of character I want... rogue, damage-heavy warrior, thief, shield/tank warrior... the aspect of allotting skill points has me overthinking things.

Come to think of it... I'm just gonna call it. I'll be the party tank. Shield and one-handed weapon. So for those off you still considering a character try to find balance in our group. As structured as this rp is, we'll need it (I assume).

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for. I present to you... the sample CS!

Remember, your age is in Darian years. Just divide the regular age by 1.88 and you'll have it.

• Name: Edwong "Eddy" Gradura

• 9125PST130501_p18a.jpg

A tall lad with short brunette hair, Edwong is decently fit but is slender than average. His skin is the typical light chocolate-colored mixture familiar to most Martians. His face appears slightly elongated, with brown eyes, well defined nose and narrow lips. Underneath the typical clothing he wears, Edwong bears several deep scars, consequences of his unfortunate past...

• The young man now known as Edwong Gradura started off elsewhere, with a live vastly different from what he lives today. In his earliest memories, Edwong had no parents, no stable home and no loving care. Instead, he remembered being raised by a man called Tzian Paeng, an executive of the Smugglers' Pact. Paeng was supposedly a distant relative of his father, but exactly how they were related was something Edwong never found out.

What Edwong did remember, and with painful clarity, was the abuse he sustained at his caretaker's hand. Perhaps the term "caretaker" was bit of a far stretch. Paeng treated the young boy as a child slave, giving him the name of "Skoupidia", a slang for trash in Nirgal Comlang. The name was the least unpleasant of Edwong's treatment. Starting from the age of 4, Paeng put "Skoupidia" through a brutal work regime. Days and nights he worked, carrying illegal substance, sweeping dirty floors and serving a man who rewarded all the efforts with stinging slaps and kicks. Paeng kept a short leash on his slave, though he was forced to relocate frequently as a smuggler, to avoid the authorities. "Skoupidia" lived briefly in the damp basement of a mansion on northern Hellas, six months in a cupboard on a smuggling ship and nearly two years inside a cell that held the Pact's slaves.

On the boy's seventh year, Paeng raped him for the first time. It was the beginning of his madness. "Skoupidia" attempted suicide after the fourth time Paeng had taken him; his razor buried in his forearm and blood trickled out like a waterfall, Edwong thought this was the last time he would feel pain.

But it wasn't. Paeng returned to his hideout just in time to find his slave unconscious from blood loss. He stopped the bleeding, so that "Skoupidia" could survive and continue to live, unwillingly.

Two months later, the boy found himself in Meusing, capital of the Dao Regency; where Paeng was conducting business with a corrupting guildmaster. During those two months, Edwong was beaten everyday, starved on a minimal diet and raped five times. When Paeng left his slave for a brief minute, "Skoupidia" did not hesitate to run. He sprinted blindly, not knowing any locations but simply headed towards the tallest building. When he arrived at the building, he climbed, and when he reached the top, he prepared to jump.

That moment, a crowd was gathering to witness an impending suicide. But out of the people came one woman, a blond-haired lady dressed in a pure white robe. The woman pleaded with him, she sought reason and begged the boy to live. After two excruciating hours, the boy relented. He would then be taken inside the building he climbed upon, sheltered by arms of the divine-like woman.

It turned out the building was the Refutist temple of Meusing, and the woman was Arch-priestess Lusia Kloof. Lusia gave the boy the name of "Edwong Gradura", after two saints of the Tellusist religion. Lusia trained Edwong as an initiate, where he conducted minor temple businesses and studied holy texts.

Initiates can become a qualified priest when reaching the age of eleven and passing a test set by the temple. For Edwong, Lusia had something unconventional in store. Instead of reciting historical events or missionary activities in the south, he was to enlist in the Daonese regiments for one year. A confused Edwong showed up in the barracks that day, having lived four sheltered years, he was not ready for his training. Nevertheless, Edwong survived. His baptism by fire came when Knight-regent Khein ordered the conquest of a near-by city state, Edwong served with distinction, sustaining injuries and defeating enemies. Actions that earned him the Distinguished Service Medal for the Regency.

No matter how brave he was on the battlefield, Edwong's past would eventually return to haunt him. In the last month of his service, Corporal Edwong Gradura was stationed with Sergeant Indira Rundrit in a lighthouse. On a starless night, Edwong woke to Rundrit talking to a familiar voice. Without weapons or armor, Edwong carefully peaked through the lighthouse window. Rundrit was accepting bribes from Tzian Paeng.

Rage filled his mind as Edwong stormed outside. He lunged after Paeng, but was caught midway by Rundrit. Determined to have his revenge, Edwong shoved Rundrit aside. She landed with her cloth caught in her torch, within seconds, the sergeant was set aflame. Edwong was so focused on Paeng that he did not even notice Rundrit's predicament. And when the relieving patrols arrived an hour later, they found Paeng and Rundrit in near death conditions, with the former beaten by Edwong and later suffered intense burns.

Following an extensive investigation, all three individuals were deemed guilty for their actions. Sergeant Rundrit was found guilty of accepting bribes and negligence of duty, she was demoted to corporal and put on probation. Tzian Paeng was convicted and proved guilty of smuggling, bribing officials and disturbance of peace. Despite his appeals, the man was fined and permanently exiled from the Regency. Edwong received worst of it all, he was guilty of assaulting a superior officer and an unarmed civilian. By Daonese laws, he was set for an entire decade in jail.

However, Arch-priestess Lusia appeared on the last moment. She cited ancient treaties giving the temple authority to judge its own members. Not matter how powerful the government was, they still respected the temple. Therefore, Edwong was expelled from the regiments but pardoned from jail time.

Surprisingly, Edwong received no punishments from Lusia. She congratulated him on completing his trial, which ended with Edwong becoming a fully fledged priest.

• Edwong is repulsive to people, there is no doubt about it. Of all the people he met, there are only three whom he is friendly with. Arch-priestess Lusia Kloof is his mother-figure, the only person who he ever applied the word "love" to. Two of his fellow initiates, Tam De and Lissel Hils are his only friends, only they refer to him as "Eddy". Everyone else either maintained cold neutrality when forced to work together, or flat out disdain. On his first year in Meusing, Edwong fought many street brawls. But over the course of five years, continuous religious immersion managed to keep his aggressions in check.

Still, Edwong is extremely slow trusting, and even with those he trusted, becoming his friend is difficult. He is not a man of pleasantries, though familiar with social conventions and basic manners, Edwong does not waste breath on small talks. Additionally, his sense of humor would be described as dark, and sometimes, outright disturbing. Coupled with his impatience, skeptical attitudes and direct approach with people, Edwong is someone temple-goers liked to avoid.

Though his repulsiveness suits him just fine. Edwong is not a dumb person, no, in fact, studying as an initiate made him brighter than average citizens. However, he is not strongly devote. Yes, Edwong firmly believes in Tellus' teachings. But what does it all mean to him? This is a question Edwong still asks himself today...

• Swimming.
    • Basic provisioning.
    • Good knowledge of Neo-Anglic.
    • Religious and historical knowledge.
    • Smuggling.

• Stats:
    • Strength: 2/5
    • Reflex: 2/5
    • Endurance: 2/5
    • Intelligence: 2/3

Skills:
    • Mobility 1/3
    • Weapon crafting 1/3
    • Medicine 1/3
    • Social knowledge 1/2
    • Speech 1/2
    • Literacy 1/2
    • One-handed blades 2/3
    • Hand to hand 1/3

• Mechanic-affecting items:
    • Weapon: Brass knuckles (1/2)
    • Supplies: 1 set of medical supplies, pen and paper, tinder box and candle
    • Cash: 120 Daonese pounds

Fashion items:
    • Outfit: temple issued tunic, trousers, hooded robes, leather boots and gloves
    • Bags/packs/pouches: medium sized satchel, waterskin
    • Jewelry: Amulet of Tellus
    • Miscellaneous: Several religious scriptures

Last edited:

• Name: Xander Von Wolksheimmer

• Mechanic-affecting items:​

• Weapon: Axe 1/3, Shield 1/3, Brass Knuckles 1/2
    SG-Shield-01.jpg

Battle_Axe__One_by_Writing_Casuality.jpg

• Armor: Leather pouldrons, breastplate, gloves, gauntlets, vambrace, rerebrace, plackart, tasset, greaves [Light armor 1/3]
    warrior_rogue_leather_armor_by_azmal-d74i4a2.jpg

• Supplies: Bed roll, wet stone, fishing kit [several hooks, sinkers and line], carving knife, heavy cloak, small book of Tellusism.

• Cash: 90 Syrtic Dinar

Fashion items:​

• Outfit: Black trousers, black boots, black shirt with quarter button down and linked cuffs. All are finely made with a thick and sturdy cloth but well-worn. There are wear marks from the armor straps.

• Bags/packs/pouches: Rolling pack [standard brown leather satchel]

• Jewelry: Family signet ring worn on right index finger. An amulet of the Central Temple worn around his neck and tucked into his shirt.

• Miscellaneous: He carries a copy of the Guardsmen Handbook with him everywhere. It contains a great deal of information on how to survive in various climates and terrains as well as how to identify poisonous fauna and flora and other general survival tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Glaciercold
Alright, a couple of things I wanna comment on.
  • Old Earth Religions are not widely accepted in Syrtis. Building a order based on borderline heretical religion is a very dangerous thing. Either remove the followers or change to the dominant religions (Tellusism).
  • He's way too well equipped, tier 2 armor, weapon and shield is not gonna fly. We discussed this before in PM; most of his stuff are family heirloom, so they are older and less effective than the standard issue equivalents. I'd say dial them all down to tier 1.

Alright, a couple of things I wanna comment on.
  • Old Earth Religions are not widely accepted in Syrtis. Building a order based on borderline heretical religion is a very dangerous thing. Either remove the followers or change to the dominant religions (Tellusism).
  • He's way too well equipped, tier 2 armor, weapon and shield is not gonna fly. We discussed this before in PM; most of his stuff are family heirloom, so they are older and less effective than the standard issue equivalents. I'd say dial them all down to tier 1.
Changes made.

We never discussed ranking the heirlooms but your logic makes perfect sense. XD

Basics

[spoili]
Name: Celeste Resin

Appearance: She is 5'8", skinny with a small waist and breast size, has green eyes that become darker or lighter according to mood shifts, pale skin and whitish-blonde hair with dark roots.
[/spoili]
Personal Self
[spoili]

• Background: She was raised in a family of doctors. Some have treated animals, some have worked
    with humans but doctors none the less. Her family was also rather, eccentric to say the least. They were comprised of heretics and extremists. They were labeled as wiccans and soon somewhere down the long the Resins began to accept their role. Once the girl was captured by some extremists for heresy. She was locked in a building, strapped to a bed. She was blindfolded, gagged and her ears were plugged. The only thing she knew was what she felt, and she felt water hit her forehead in five second intervals for weeks. Somehow she was being fed water while she was asleep considering she was never dehydrated. She certainly wasn't getting any food however, she was starving. She was saved right before starvation by someone she couldn't recognize. This ordeal has made her secretive by nature.
    After all of her ordeals she mentored under someone trained in improvisation. She learned basic hand to hand combat- only as a defensive measure however. She learned how to wield two-handed blades she finds nearby or is forced to acquire. She saw a scythe on a wall and asked to use that simply out of. She then became roughly trained in that subject through her years of training.
    For a timeline she was captured for heresy at early 14 and trained from late 14 to mid 16.

• Personality: She is a bit of an odd person. She is extremely intelligent from all the knowledge of medicine passed down from her family. She also knows a lot of things about people. Because she treats people, occasionally even high ranking officials. They tend to talk in front of her and like that she knows tons of tidbits of conversations. She often deals information for what she wants in life. Not always something as petty as someones secret but something she knows about a certain topic.
    She speaks in a low voice most of the time. Also she can be known to speak rather cryptically. In riddles and mind games rather than straight forward. The more she trusts a person the more straight forward her talk becomes. Her trust is hard to earn but it's useful once you acquire it because she knows a lot about everything and she's good at what she does.
    She is a generally inviting person. She will hold a conversation with just about anyone and for any reason. People think she's smarter than she is because of how she talks in riddles. Also she shows confidence at all times which makes people simply do what she says because they assume she knows what she's doing. She is very skilled at word games, making people see what she says in a different light without actually lying.
[/spoili]
Skillset
[spoili]
  • Medical and Herbal Knowledge
  • Persuasion/Trickery​
  • Agile​
  • Calligraphy​
  • Memory
  • Strategy
  • Spatial Reasoning
  • Directions
[/spoili]

Stats
[spoili]
Strength: 1/5
Reflex: 2/5
Endurance: 1/5
Intelligence: 2/3
Charisma: 2/3

[/spoili]
Skills

[spoili]
Mobility:
  • Mobility 0/3
Crafting:
  • Armor crafting 0/3
  • Weapon crafting 0/3
  • Medicine 3/3
Knowledge:
  • Natural 1/2
  • Social 1/2
Communication:
  • Speech 0/2
  • Literacy 1/2
  • Trade 2/3
Subterfuge:
  • Concealment 0/3
  • Infiltration 0/3
Ranged weapons:
  • Crossbow 0/3
  • Bow and arrow 0/3
Melee weapons:
  • One-handed sword/axe 0/3
  • Dagger 0/3
  • Shield 0/3
  • Two-handed sword/axe 2/3
  • Polearm 0/3
  • Blunt weapon 0/3
  • Hand to hand 0/3
[/spoili]

Miscellaneous
[spoili]
Mechanic-affecting items:
  • Weapon: Tier 2/3
  • She received the above weapon in a trade. She saw it after she was released from confinement and used her words to get it extremely cheaply for it's decent quality. Another reason for it's low cost is that it's light-weight but tall and gaudy. It stands at around five feet and can be strapped to the a belt.
  • Armor: No armor
  • Supplies: This era's equivalent of these items Mortar and Pestle A carving knife, a bit of netting
  • Cash: 100 units (Syrtic Dinar)
Fashion items:
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
@WarriorHeart : There are 2 background tabs for Xander, make sure you clean up the formatting issue there. Other than that,

approved.jpg

Looks good so far, just 3 things.

• Scythes are either unconventional or improvised weapons. For this RP, using a scythe is fine, but you need to explain how Celeste learned to wield it.
  • Just like Xander, tier 2 equipments are overpowered to start with. I recommend 1 of the following 2 adjustments. A, lower the weapon to 1/3. B, remove the armor.
  • Please specify which unit of currency Celeste owns. If you need help, check out nations and economic tabs for currencies.

Everyone else: post your CS's here, don't be shy...

@SereneDeity @heliacalRebirth @Everly

Last edited:
Fixed the tab issue... though I swear it was fixed [after three attempts] the other night.

*shrugs*

To everyone else- I nearly created a rogue/thief character. If that is a concept you're debating but haven't fleshed out, I would be willing to help you with your stat and skill points.

So for the party we have a reliable tank/thief, a reliable trader/medic and a generally well rounded individual as far as I can see.

Also @Glaciercold so you don't have to do digging for things in my CS. She now has no armor, trained under someone to learn how to improvise with weapons around her when she needed to defend herself and simply latched on to the Scythe and she now has Syrtic Dinar as currency if I'm spelling that correctly.

Sadly I think this roleplay is a little bit over my head at this point. I'll go ahead and withdraw my interest but I wish you guys all the luck and success in the world!

So for the party we have a reliable tank/thief, a reliable trader/medic and a generally well rounded individual as far as I can see.

Also @Glaciercold so you don't have to do digging for things in my CS. She now has no armor, trained under someone to learn how to improvise with weapons around her when she needed to defend herself and simply latched on to the Scythe and she now has Syrtic Dinar as currency if I'm spelling that correctly.

Xander is no thief...just a beast.

I nearly created a rogue/thief character. If that is a concept you're debating but haven't fleshed out, I would be willing to help you with your stat and skill points.
Sorry, I simply assumed he was

approved.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.